Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New bi-weekly BlogTV show

(Read 10693 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: New bi-weekly BlogTV show
     Reply #90 - October 30, 2011, 08:58 AM

The next show on November 5th will remain on GMT time. So in the UK where the clocks changed last night it will be 9pm not 10pm, which is also 9pm GMT.

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #91 - October 30, 2011, 11:16 AM

@TheRationalizer: Looking forward to it. I know that you don't have a scripted show, but are there any aspects of Islam you are going to bring up?
     Reply #92 - October 30, 2011, 11:59 AM

The Jews introduced it to destroy Islam.

I don't know what that it is as I haven't read the thread.,  but AbuAli., it is very certain that some juicy guy/s  introduced Islam/Quran/Hadith and tried to kill Christianity in the countries that are surrounded the  Arabian desert and they were pretty much successful with the exception of Copts of Egypt..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #93 - October 30, 2011, 01:07 PM

We will discuss whatever people phone in to discuss.

Reply #94 - November 05, 2011, 10:22 PM

Bump

It's on right now.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #95 - November 06, 2011, 12:44 AM

some good points on morality..
    could have done without the "incestious dolphin" thing..
    maybe you guys should consider having a check list of things to do before answering the call-ins..  like muting blog, so there's no echo, just to make sure the settings are properly adjusted, (saves everyone the aggravation of having to go through the same thing over and over again)
     Reply #96 - November 06, 2011, 01:13 AM

You should be on there, Nessrriinn.

y
     Reply #97 - November 07, 2011, 05:15 AM

Great show once again. You guys are really cool and such.

Also dprjones fucking scares me.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #98 - November 07, 2011, 05:59 AM

when's it up on youtube?

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #99 - November 07, 2011, 06:13 AM

Now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49S5YhW6brk&feature=channel_video_title

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #100 - November 07, 2011, 07:06 PM

Great show as usual guys! Afro That last hour of the show was interesting to say the least lol.

"Live a good life. If there are god(s) and they are just, you will be rewarded based on virtue. If they're unjust, then you shouldn't want to worship them. If there are no gods, you will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of others."

-Re-interpretation of Marcus Aurelius
     Reply #101 - November 08, 2011, 05:32 AM

early in the show, Hassan said that all muslims sacrifice sheep in aidil adha. I would like to correct him on that; here in Malaysia, most of us prefer cows instead of sheep.
     Reply #102 - November 08, 2011, 05:58 AM

It is either sheep, goat, camel or cow. Basically an animal.

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #103 - November 08, 2011, 07:56 AM

hassan, when the first guy asked for 'a sura like it', how come you didn't show him the Qurqan? dance

edit: oh wait you did.
     Reply #104 - November 08, 2011, 09:15 AM

i'll try to get on and/or watch the next show(note: i'm prioritising being on the show to watching it because i'm a cunt)
     Reply #105 - November 08, 2011, 01:48 PM

I would like to disagree with TheRationalizer and Klingschor about incestual relationship. They say in the  show that incestual relationships are immoral because they have a chance to produce mutated babies. However, this is a poor excuse. Many steps can be taken to avoid conception such as condoms and diaphragms and even pills, and even if an incestual couple manages to conceive, then abortion is always an option (yes I'm pro choice).

And even if then, the chances of birth defects from incest is no more higher than birth defects coming from mums who drink, smoke, or take drugs during pregnancy. Also mothers over 40 also have high chances of birth defects. Also people with born disabilities or inherited diseases have high chances of birth defects. Yet nobody ever makes a big deal about these people procreating, but for some reason when they a hear a sibling couple who merely want a childless relationship, they always shout out "BUT THINK ABOUT THE BABY"

Of course, I myself am not incestuous, but if two consenting incestuous adults want to love each other that way and is causing nobody harm, then they have every right to do so, just as LGBTs have the right to practice their lifestyles.
     Reply #106 - November 09, 2011, 07:34 AM

^^^ Completely Agree with everything there. I would also like to add that genetic screening of parents can be used to check whether a potential baby will inherit any defects or not.
     Reply #107 - November 09, 2011, 12:04 PM

Many steps can be taken to avoid conception such as condoms and diaphragms and even pills

None of which have a 100% success rate.  My latest child was conceived 7 days before I was sterilised, and we were using condoms.  There are factors which can affect the success of oral contraceptives too.  In short, if you are not sterile then you CAN get pregnant.

and even if an incestual couple manages to conceive, then abortion is always an option (yes I'm pro choice).

If you are pro-choice then this surely means you respect the choice of the brother and sister to NOT have the abortion, right? 

And even if then, the chances of birth defects from incest is no more higher than birth defects coming from mums who drink, smoke, or take drugs during pregnancy.

This isn't about not wanting disabled babies in society, it is about avoiding increasing the levels of genetic diseases within the species. Which in the long term brings about a higher level of unnecessary suffering.

Also mothers over 40 also have high chances of birth defects.  Also people with born disabilities or inherited diseases have high chances of birth defects. Yet nobody ever makes a big deal about these people procreating, but for some reason when they a hear a sibling couple who merely want a childless relationship, they always shout out "BUT THINK ABOUT THE BABY"

I think you have completely misunderstood.  At no point did I say that sex with siblings should be prevented, I just said that from an objective point of view humans find it immoral (undesirable.)  I think anyone in a position of having children with a high risk of genetic diseases should consider it very deeply before deciding to continue.

The thing with immorality is that things become exponentially "more" immoral when more people do it.  A relatively small number of babies being born with genetic deformities is not going to be significant to our species in the long run, however if our species were to start incestuous relationships on a large scale then it would be far more significant.

I really see it as one of those laws which is there to tell people "society finds this wrong" which really shouldn't be enforced.  We shouldn't be putting siblings in prison.  It's all about using some common sense.  We KNOW that this practise increases suffering in the world so we should accept that it is not something we should promote as "normal", but it is not significant enough to be punishing individuals for. 

My point about homosexuality was that there are no third parties involved at all.

Reply #108 - November 21, 2011, 04:45 AM

When is the new episode going to be posted to YT? Can't wait.  Afro

I was only able to catch some of it live but then I had to go to work.  Undecided

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in.
     Reply #109 - November 21, 2011, 05:42 AM

Waiting like forever to upload this  Roll Eyes
  • New bi-weekly BlogTV show
     Reply #110 - November 06, 2013, 01:13 PM

Quick bump/update!  13
    (Btw it took me forever to find this thread, where is the search button in this forum?)

The show is back! Has been back on for a couple of months actually. It streams live on youtube now through google hangouts @ 9AM UTC/GMT every Sunday. Kinda sucks for us North Americans, but is a really good time for our Euro members. I would love to see some of the old regulars like Atheismo/Aly Aly come back on (I don't even think that's really possible given the time difference anyways). Rationalizer has appeared on once or twice since its reincarnation. Currently StopSpamming and Klingschor host it. I always tune in and am thoroughly interested/entertained.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJinnAndTonicShow

"Live a good life. If there are god(s) and they are just, you will be rewarded based on virtue. If they're unjust, then you shouldn't want to worship them. If there are no gods, you will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of others."

-Re-interpretation of Marcus Aurelius
  • New bi-weekly BlogTV show
     Reply #111 - November 06, 2013, 05:58 PM

Great news!  parrot

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »