Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Is it "moderate" to hate gays and women?

(Read 34792 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Is it "moderate" to hate gays and women?
     Reply #30 - November 08, 2013, 02:58 AM

This makes me so happy, way to go CEMB!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #31 - November 10, 2013, 01:02 AM

The Daily Telegraph picks up the story

Universities have been forced to cancel a visit by a homophobic Muslim cleric after it emerged he had preached that gay people were “worse than animals”.

Mufti Ismail Menk was invited to speak at six respected institutions next week but the tour was scrapped when student unions and university officials raised concerns about his extreme anti-gay views.

The Zimbabwean cleric had been planning to address students at Oxford, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Cardiff and Glasgow.

But the institutions were left red-faced after learning that Mr Menk, who studied in Saudi Arabia where same-sex acts are punishable by death, had been recorded saying: “With all due respect to the animals, [gay people] are worse than those animals.”

The preacher has branded homosexual behaviour as “filthy” and “wrong” and claimed gay people take part in “acts of immorality”

The National Union of Students said his views were “very concerning”.

All the universities insisted they were not responsible for officially inviting the preacher to speak.

He is believed to have been requested by Muslim students’ associations from each of the institutions on the tour.

Leeds, Cardiff and Glasgow Universities said he would not be allowed to host his event on campus.

Leeds University Union Islamic Society withdrew its invitation two days ago after learning of his homophobic views.

But a number of other student groups behind the invites were still promoting the event on Facebook on Thursday.

Glasgow University Muslim Association described the event as a “wonderful opportunity” while Cardiff University Islamic Society changed its Facebook photo to a picture of Mr Menk.

University of Leicester’s Islamic Society described him as “entertaining, yet very pious”.

Speaking to The Independent, Ruth Hunt of the gay rights charity Stonewall said: “Universities should always remain mindful that they have a duty to protect all of their students and to ensure balance in university discourse.”

The Tayyibun Institute, which was organising the tour, issued a statement saying: “It is our duty to promote peace, tolerance, equality and justice, acknowledging the presence of the diverse faiths and inclinations in our midst.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/10435865/Universities-cancel-Muslim-clerics-tour-over-his-anti-gay-views.html
     Reply #32 - November 10, 2013, 01:38 AM

Afro
     Reply #33 - November 10, 2013, 01:55 AM

And CEMB comes to the rescue !

dance

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #34 - November 10, 2013, 10:08 AM

A good thing has happened cheers

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #35 - November 10, 2013, 08:21 PM

It'd be cool to have a speaker doing the rounds and preaching that clerics like Menk are worse than animals (which wouldn't be hard, since animals aren't that bad anyway).

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #36 - November 10, 2013, 11:51 PM

^

Technically calling anyone an animal is not an insult. It's a fact because homo sapiens are members of the animal kingdom according to taxonomy. But mullahs like Menk are probably too stupid and ignorant to realize that. 

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #37 - November 11, 2013, 04:39 AM

Yup. There was a thing over here recently when some redneck kid called an Aboriginal football player an ape. Now it was intended as an insult, and he took it as such, but I thought it was funny in a way since the redneck kid is an ape just like everyone else. If someone tried to insult me by calling me an ape I'd just ask what their fucking point was.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »