Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: new ex muslim in a very strict religious household

(Read 8886 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • new ex muslim in a very strict religious household
     Reply #30 - November 06, 2013, 12:28 AM

I know Male circumcision is pretty much as bad,

It isn't remotely as bad.
     Reply #31 - November 06, 2013, 05:39 AM

It isn't remotely as bad.

The fact that mutilating genitals is pretty much bad in any circumstances why I said that. The reason male circumcision is not called male genital mutilation is beyond me. Though I'd say because it is still practiced here in the west constantly is probably a good reason.

Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.

Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure.
    - George Carlin
     Reply #32 - November 06, 2013, 05:44 AM

It's not practised constantly in the west. You're thinking America.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #33 - November 06, 2013, 05:48 AM

It's not practised constantly in the west. You're thinking America.

Sorry honest mistake on my part.

Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.

- George Carlin
     Reply #34 - November 06, 2013, 05:54 AM

Yeah, Europeans tend to look at new born babies and not have their first impulse be to take a sharp knife and cut away at the genitalia. We're weird like that.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #35 - November 06, 2013, 06:41 AM

The fact that mutilating genitals is pretty much bad in any circumstances why I said that. The reason male circumcision is not called male genital mutilation is beyond me.

There are degrees of mutilation.

MGM (now there's an acronym to savour) stops at step one. If all FGM stopped at step one, I would be happy to condemn them equally.

But sadly, all too often, it does not.
     Reply #36 - November 06, 2013, 07:59 AM

Like someone else said plan and be strategic!    I know that feeling of worrying about losing the only people you have truly known but if they truly love you and care about you they will come around.    I cant stress how important it is for you to get your education and stay in the west.

Keep your head down and focus on your goal, dont let fear of the unknown scare you into inaction or worse depression!  I did that for 5 years and I am only now working out my exit.

You only have this one life dont let others live it for you, you already know what that feels like.  Sometimes they mean well but they are not you, they have no right to take your life, your dreams for the future just bc they gave birth to you.    Dont feel guilty for wanting to live and dont let anyone make you feel that way.   

My mother tried to pull that guilt shyt on me and for a while I fell for it but dont you fall for it.    Next time she says some shyt like that tell her she should have known better than to crave her children up like a butcher bc she was worried what others thought.    Let me stop, you're young and I dont want to get you into trouble so scratch that, keep your mouth shut and get your education, then roll the fug out!

There is someone out there for you so dont fret about that.

Are you Somali? if so, so am I send me a message if you feel like talking and if you're not Somali give me a shout out anyways. 

far away hug E-Hug

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
     Reply #37 - November 06, 2013, 07:24 PM

I don't blame you in anyway. I don't want to either and I'm half arab.

But anyway I could see the impact it has had on you. I know Male circumcision is pretty much as bad, but there is a reason that FGM is looked down upon these days.  If you don't mind me asking which ethnicity are you?
     far away hug

i'm somali and ethiopian but i live with my somali family
     Reply #38 - November 07, 2013, 08:34 AM

well its cool to learn, I'm an anglo-arab. It have been nice to here your story  Smiley

- George Carlin
     Reply #39 - November 08, 2013, 06:12 PM

can i hear everyone's stories? i'd love to know Smiley
     Reply #40 - November 08, 2013, 06:31 PM

If you click on a user name and go to "show latest posts of this member," you can go back and read people's intros and first posts. Should give you some insight! parrot
     Reply #41 - November 09, 2013, 02:37 AM

yeah usually its in the beginnings of their posting. I will probably make a YT of it at some point.

- George Carlin
     Reply #42 - November 09, 2013, 03:37 AM

Welcome to the forum, nousername. Please accept this rabbit!  bunny

First of all I'd echo the thoughts of others in the thread who suggested to continue university in the UK/west, and not in the middle east. While Dubai might not be the most repressive middle eastern country, that's not exactly saying much, and safety and freedom are among the most important aspects of living circumstances that young ex-muslims should be seeking out.

I'm deeply sorry to hear about your circumcision and the impact it's had on you both physically and emotionally.

I don't think I can emphasize my next advice enough, but as far as depression and suicidal thoughts are concerned I would strongly suggest seeking support, whether it be emotional through support groups/therapy, or medical via psychiatric consultation. I think the experience of many on here has led to the consensus that such concerns are not something to be messed around with or trivialized, but instead met with the considerable consideration it merits. I wish you all the success in the world in confronting this.  far away hug

for the past 2 years or so, i've been doing a lot of research and reading English translation of the the quran trying my hardest to comprehend islam because i feel extremely guilty for questioning everything but i just can't find it in me to understand the religion. I was shocked at how misogynistic, intolerant and violent some of the teachings were.

Pretty much my apostasy story in a nutshell.

Anyway, I hope you'll find this forum useful and that you'll have a fun experience here!  Afro

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »