Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: blasphemy News

(Read 2662 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • blasphemy News
     OP - November 02, 2012, 02:34 PM

Girl School head held over 'blasphemous' test And School burned _ The Land of pure

LAHORE: A Pakistani teacher at the centre of a blasphemy row was in hiding Friday as her school management denied all responsibility for the “dirty act” and called for her to be punished. Arfa Iftikhar was forced into hiding after a furious mob stormed Farooqi Girls’ High School in the eastern city of Lahore over a piece of homework she set that allegedly contained derogatory references to prophet Mohammad (pbuh).

Blasphemy is an extremely sensitive issue in Pakistan, where 97 percent of the population are Muslims, and allegations of insulting Islam or the prophet Mohammed (pbuh) can prompt violent outbursts of public anger, even when unproven. The school management took out front page adverts in two leading newspapers on Friday to deny it had any knowledge of the supposed insults to the prophet, saying Iftikhar distributed the work just 10 minutes before the school closed for the Eidul Azha holiday.

“Our school management and the owners have no link whatsoever with this dirty act,” the advertisement in Urdu said. “We appeal to the government and the police to take legal action against this teacher and investigate her real motive”.

The school’s headmaster Asim Farooqi has been remanded in custody for 14 days on charges of blasphemy, which can attract the death penalty, police officer Azam Manhais told AFP, while a search was under way for Iftikhar.  Farooqi’s lawyer Jawad Ashraf said they would apply for bail on Saturday and accused police of bowing to the mob over the headmaster’s arrest.

“It seems his arrest was made on public pressure but we see that he has no role in this entire case except some negligence as principal of this school,” he said.  Activists say Pakistan’s harsh blasphemy laws are often abused to settle personal scores, and Ashraf said the possibility of a conspiracy against the school, one of the most successful in Lahore, could not be ruled out.

Farooqi’s son Sameer Asim Farooqi, one of the school’s administrators, said the way the case had panned out was “strange”. “It seems that an organised gang attacked our school. The attackers were mostly teenagers and they had batons in their hands, but some of them were also armed (with firearms),” he said.

“We also heard there were announcements in the nearby mosques about the incident to inflame the public.”

Sameer Farooqi said Iftikhar had been sacked, despite telling the principal she had copied out the offending passage by mistake.

well that is the news.. She better move out of Lahore and change her name.. I wonder what did she photocopy that made the crowd go mad..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• blasphemy News_ Pastor denied Bail for Blasphemy in Land of Pure
     Reply #1 - November 03, 2012, 02:57 AM

blasphemy News_  Pastor denied Bail for Blasphemy in Land of Pure

ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN (Worthy News)– A Pakistani Pastor arrested for blasphemy in Sanghla Hill, Punjab Province, was denied bail Tuesday, according to the Pakistan Christian Post. Pastor Karama Patras was arrested for blasphemy after police took him into protective custody when a Muslim mob attacked his home. Earlier this month, Patras was holding a prayer meeting in house of a Christian family when someone raised questions about the feast of the sacrifice, Eid-Ul-Adha, and what the meat from this sacrifice meant to Christians.

When Patras answered from the Bible — most likely I Cor. 10:28-29 – Muslim neighbors who overheard the discussion quickly told other Muslims. By the time the meeting ended and Patras was returning to his own home, he heard Imams on mosque loudspeakers calling upon their fellow Muslims to punish the pastor for prohibiting Eid-Ul-Adha to Christians.

“Pastor Karma Patras is a blasphemer and infidel, liable to be killed,” upon which hundreds of Muslims attacked Patras' home, according to the Post. Police rushed to scene and rescued Patras from a mob that was beating him and destroying his household. Patras was charged under Section 295-A of Pakistan's notorious blasphemy laws; he is represented by Tahir Naveed who was also the defense lawyer in the Rimsha Masih blasphemy case.

look at those idiots.. they ask some silly question and when that Christian priest  answers with some words they accuse him Blasphemy..

• Re: blasphemy News
     Reply #2 - November 03, 2012, 03:57 AM

Those imams that yell blasphemy are so damn lucky that I don't live in their country.

I would have put a bullet through every imam that called for attacks on innocent people. 

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #3 - November 03, 2012, 08:27 AM

I think it's pretty funny actually. I mean who in their right mind would actually be printing derogatory comments about the prophet in Pakistan? Absolutely no one, they would be terrified, but True Muslims TM feel so victimized so dramatized that their enemies are out there defaming the prophet all the time just to spit in their faces.  At some point you have to wonder if people have lost touch with reality. 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #4 - November 03, 2012, 08:40 AM

Blasphemy in Pakistan seems to be like that old game corporate workers play with each other called 'complaints'. Basically anytime someone pisses you off badly or you don't like someone, you allege blasphemy. The unfortunate thing here is that it's such a high stakes game given the punishment. Even from an Islamist perspective the law-makers in Pakistan must realise how this is being abused-they should scrap it entirely.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
  • blasphemy News
     Reply #5 - October 31, 2013, 06:38 PM

Lawyer seeks blasphemy case against Former President of Pakistan  Musharraf  says news

ISLAMABAD: A lawyer on Monday moved the Islamabad High Court (IHC) seeking action against former president Pervez Musharraf under the blasphemy law for allegedly desecrating the holy Quran and other religious books during the July 2007 Lal Masjid operation. In his petition, advocate Tariq Asad, who is the counsel for the newly-established Shuhada Foundation of Pakistan Trust, contended that Musharraf was responsible for launching the operation during which “not only a large number of civilians were killed but also copies of the holy Quran, religious books and research materials were destroyed.”

The petition said the objective of the operation was “not only to commit murders of religious scholars, preachers and teachers but also to destroy the mission of the preaching of Islam, which prima facie was tantamount to the commission of the offence of blasphemy.”  “Since Musharraf has committed blasphemy, he must be booked under the relevant law as well,” he added.   ............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD55gj0AYZA

you can see that OOLD FOOL  advocate Tariq Asad of that Nawaz Party in that video . pathetic fool.. where is the beard??

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »