Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 2013 Nobel Prizes

(Read 3825 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 2013 Nobel Prizes
     OP - October 08, 2013, 10:08 PM

2013 Nobel Prizes

The Nobel Prize in Physics 2013

François Englert                                        Peter W. Higgs

The Nobel Prize in Physics 2013 was awarded jointly to François Englert and Peter W. Higgs "for the theoretical discovery of a mechanism that contributes to our understanding of the origin of mass of subatomic particles, and which recently was confirmed through the discovery of the predicted fundamental particle, by the ATLAS and CMS experiments at CERN's Large Hadron Collider

The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2013
    The 2013 Nobel Prize in Chemistry has not been awarded yet. It will be announced on Wednesday 9 October, 11:45 a.m. CET at the earliest.

The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2013

James E. Rothman                    Randy W. Schekman             Thomas C. Südhof " .

The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2013 was awarded jointly to James E. Rothman, Randy W. Schekman and Thomas C. Südhof "for their discoveries of machinery regulating vesicle traffic, a major transport system in our cells".

The Nobel Prize in Literature 2013
    The 2013 Nobel Prize in Literature will be announced on Thursday 10 October, 1:00 p.m. CET.

The Nobel Peace Prize 2013
    The 2013 Nobel Peace Prize has not been awarded yet. It will be announced on Friday 11 October, 11:00 a.m. CET.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 2013 Nobel Prizes
     Reply #1 - October 09, 2013, 04:01 AM

Literature is the dumbest Nobel Prize. Discuss.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • 2013 Nobel Prizes
     Reply #2 - October 09, 2013, 06:07 AM

Mother Teresa got the peace prize. Literature may not be the dumbest.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 2013 Nobel Prizes
     Reply #3 - October 09, 2013, 11:48 AM

(Reuters) - Three U.S. scientists won the Nobel chemistry prize on Wednesday for pioneering work on computer programs that simulate complex chemical processes and have revolutionized research in areas from drugs to solar energy.

The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, awarding the prize   to Martin Karplus, Michael Levitt and Arieh Warshel, said their work had effectively taken chemistry into cyberspace. Long gone were the days of modeling reactions using plastic balls and sticks.

"Today the computer is just as important a tool for chemists as the test tube," the academy said in a statement. "Computer models mirroring real life have become crucial for most advances made in chemistry today.

"Chemical reactions occur at lightning speed; electrons jump between atomic nuclei, hidden from the prying eyes of scientists," the academy added.

In drug design, for example, researchers can now use computers to calculate how an experimental medicine will react with a particular target protein in the body by working out the interplay of atoms. Today, all pharmaceutical companies have sections dedicated to predicting by computer modeling how a drug molecule will interact with the body.

Karplus, a U.S. and Austrian citizen, carries out research at the University of Strasbourg and Harvard University. Levitt, a U.S. and British citizen, is at the Stanford University School of Medicine.

Warshel, a U.S. and Israel citizen, is a professor at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles

• 2013 Nobel Prizes
     Reply #4 - October 09, 2013, 01:57 PM

A nobel prize given to someone who said condoms were evil.

A complete disgrace. She should have been condemned and publicly shamed for what she did not congratulated.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • 2013 Nobel Prizes
     Reply #5 - October 09, 2013, 03:46 PM

I can imagine islamist and far-right boards going mad with ''Jews give each other Nobel prizes'' conspiracy theories.  finmad dance

I realised that God was too much like man to be God. by prince Spinoza
  • 2013 Nobel Prizes
     Reply #6 - October 09, 2013, 09:24 PM

At least it sparked some controversy.

As opposed to being boring, pointless, and without impact.  Tongue

Edit: Also highly subjective and often premature. Did I mention boring and pointless?

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • 2013 Nobel Prizes
     Reply #7 - October 10, 2013, 12:40 PM

Alice Munro wins Nobel Prize for Literature  says news[/url

Canadian author Alice Munro has won the 2013 Nobel Prize for Literature. Making the announcement, Peter Englund, permanent secretary of the Swedish Academy, called her a "master of the contemporary short story".

The 82-year-old, whose books include Dear Life and Dance of the Happy Shades, is only the 13th woman to win the prize since its inception in 1901. Previous winners include literary giants such as Rudyard Kipling, Toni Morrison and Ernest Hemingway. m Munro, who began writing in her teenage years, published her first story, The Dimensions of a Shadow, in 1950.

She had been studying English at the University of Western Ontario at the time.

Dance of the Happy Shades – 1968 (winner of the 1968 Governor General's Award for Fiction)
    Lives of Girls and Women – 1971
    Something I've Been Meaning to Tell You – 1974
    Who Do You Think You Are? – 1978 (winner of the 1978 Governor General's Award for Fiction; also published as The Beggar Maid)
    The Moons of Jupiter – 1982 (nominated for a Governor General's Award)
    The Progress of Love – 1986 (winner of the 1986 Governor General's Award for Fiction)
    Friend of My Youth – 1990 (winner of the Trillium Book Award)
    Open Secrets – 1994 (nominated for a Governor General's Award)
    The Love of a Good Woman – 1998 (winner of the 1998 Giller Prize)
    Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage - 2001 (recently republished as "Away From Her")
    Runaway – 2004 (winner of the 2004 Giller Prize) ISBN 1-4000-4281-X
    The View from Castle Rock – 2006
    Too Much Happiness – 2009
    Dear Life – 2012

Lots and lots of short story books from her..

islamist ''Jews give each other Nobel prizes''  ...  finmad dance

really?     islamist '' Jews give each other Nobel prizes''?? I got to watch that function..

Hmmm    Juice .. yes.,    Alice Munro ?   That name sounds familiar .. she must have drank lots of juice...

• 2013 Nobel Prizes
     Reply #8 - October 11, 2013, 12:17 PM

2013  Nobel Peace Prize  goes to   "Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)"

The Nobel Peace Prize 2013 was awarded to Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons "for its extensive efforts to eliminate chemical weapons".

ORGANISATION FOR THE PROHIBITION OF CHEMICAL WEAPON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ELw4pU_jVg&t=48

well it certainly deserves That Prize..

Ahmet Üzümcü (born August 30, 1951 in Armutlu, Yalova Province, Turkey) is a Turkish career diplomat, who is the director-general of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW).

He graduated from Foreign Relations Department of the Faculty of Political Science, Ankara University. Üzümcü was consul at the Consulate General in Aleppo, Syria and ambassador to Israel from July 28, 1999 to June 30, 2002.  Between 2002 and 2004, he served as the Permanent Representative of Turkey to the NATO. Üzümcü was appointed Permanent Representative of Turkey to the United Nations Office at Geneva in 2006, serving at this post until 2010. In 2008, he became chair of the Conference on Disarmament.

Üzümcü received an Honorary Doctorate for Lifetime Achievements in Arms Control and Disarmament from the Geneva School of Diplomacy in 2010 prior to taking up his position at the OPCW.

In 2013, the Nobel Peace Prize went to OPCW headed by Ahmet Üzümcü.

finmad  Juice connection finmad

• 2013 Nobel Prizes
     Reply #9 - April 28, 2014, 06:31 AM

I can't say for sure but I think the 2014 Physics prize is locked up for Alan Guth, Alexei Starobinsky, and Andrei Linde for their work on cosmic inflation with confirmation with the findings of B-mode polarization signature at BICEP2. I'm pretty sure at least one of them is Jew. Smiley
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »