Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Religion Being Preached In Schools

(Read 14637 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Religion Being Preached In Schools
     Reply #30 - September 29, 2013, 01:05 AM

No, I mean he wasn't. There was a prophecy, the jewish messiah would complete this prophecy. Jesus never completed it.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #31 - September 29, 2013, 01:39 AM

I know about the prophecies in the OT. I believe he did fulfill the prophecies.
     Reply #32 - September 29, 2013, 01:40 AM

No, he didn't.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #33 - September 29, 2013, 01:44 AM

If jesus fulfilled the prophecies then there would be no jews. They'd have all converted. 2000 years and they still deny him. If you have a bible, look these up.

Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).

Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).

Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)

Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world ― on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

If an individual fails to complete one of these, he isn't the messiah. Has to do them all. There's more things I can go into.

Reply #34 - September 29, 2013, 01:47 AM

I mean you can always go into the christian defence that he'll do it in the second coming, but jewish sources show that the messiah will complete the prophecies outright. There's no concept of a second coming.

Reply #35 - September 29, 2013, 01:53 AM

I believe he already fulfilled the prophecies in the OT.
     Reply #36 - September 29, 2013, 01:59 AM

Did you read my post on what he didn't fulfil?

Reply #37 - September 29, 2013, 02:01 AM

Quod Sum Eris
    If jesus fulfilled the prophecies then there would be no jews. They'd have all converted. 2000 years and they still deny him. If you have a bible, look these up.

Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).

The verse prophecies the new covenant Jesus will make and the Holy Spirit.

Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).

The verse talks about how the Lord is always with his people and will unite them.

Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)

Isaiah 2:4 refers to Jesus.

Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world ― on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

Jesus is King all over the world.

Reply #38 - September 29, 2013, 02:10 AM

"The verse prophecies the new covenant Jesus will make and the Holy Spirit."

No it doesn't, it talks about building the third temple. It's an actual temple.

"The verse talks about how the Lord is always with his people and will unite them."

No it doesn't the holy land of Israel is not a metaphor, it's actual land god promised them.

"Isaiah 2:4 refers to Jesus."

No, it refers to world peace. Such is the greatness of the messiah as only the messiah could achieve such a feat..

"Jesus is King all over the world."

Ronald McDonald is more well known than jesus.

It seems like blatant lies on your part. I understand you believe it, but I mean, when it says these things it's being literal. they aren't metaphor to be taken other ways, they mean what they mean.

Reply #39 - September 29, 2013, 02:31 AM

<<No it doesn't, it talks about building the third temple. It's an actual temple>>

Jesus is the temple.

<<No it doesn't the holy land of Israel is not a metaphor, it's actual land god promised them>>

In Christian theology all believers are part of the body of Christ and are gathered and united with him.

>>No, it refers to world peace. Such is the greatness of the messiah as only the messiah could achieve such a feat..>>

There is a reason why we call Jesus prince of peace. Basically those who believe in Jesus will stop making war against other people.

>>Ronald McDonald is more well known than jesus>>

Nope. Workers at McDonald's do not go into remote parts of the world to preach Ronald McDonald.

>>It seems like blatant lies on your part. I understand you believe it, but I mean, when it says these things it's being literal. they aren't metaphor to be taken other ways, they mean what they mean.>>

How are they literal?

Reply #40 - September 29, 2013, 02:40 AM

You're seriously asking me how they're literal?

Reply #41 - September 29, 2013, 02:43 AM

You know I don't interprete the Bible literally.
     Reply #42 - September 29, 2013, 02:49 AM

Have you considered talking to a rabbi?

Reply #43 - September 29, 2013, 02:54 AM

I've been told by an expert on Jewish theology that the Jewish Bible ( Torah )is not to be taken literally. In fact there are Jewish theology sites that state the Jewish Bible is not to be taken literally.
     Reply #44 - September 29, 2013, 02:56 AM

Yes but have you considered learning from rabbis about the prophesied messiah?

Reply #45 - September 29, 2013, 03:11 AM

The rabbis believe the prophecied Messiah will be a warlord who will establish his Kingdom on earth and Jewish rule.
     Reply #46 - September 29, 2013, 05:38 AM

There is a reason why we call Jesus prince of peace. Basically those who believe in Jesus will stop making war against other people.

Yeah that worked out great.

Nope. Workers at McDonald's do not go into remote parts of the world to preach Ronald McDonald.

Yes they do.

I've been told by an expert on Jewish theology that the Jewish Bible ( Torah )is not to be taken literally. In fact there are Jewish theology sites that state the Jewish Bible is not to be taken literally.

1. *Hebrew Bible

2. Torah is part of the Hebrew Bible canon, generally considered the most important and that agreed on by all Jews, but it it is not the entire Hebrew Bible.

3. Some parts of the Hebrew Bible, to varying degrees, are taken quite literally by Orthodox and Conservative Jews, Haredis take the overwhelming majority of it literally, and Kararite Jews take the whole damn thing literally just about. Judaism is not monolithic.

fuck you
     Reply #47 - September 29, 2013, 05:42 AM

The rabbis believe the prophecied Messiah will be a warlord who will establish his Kingdom on earth and Jewish rule.

You're thinking Mohammad.

Reply #48 - September 29, 2013, 09:42 AM

.................. Hebrew Bible, to varying degrees, are taken quite literally by Orthodox and Conservative Jews, Haredis take the overwhelming majority of it literally, and Kararite Jews take the whole damn thing literally just about. Judaism is not monolithic.......

That sounds like   Colonel Q wisdom of  the day, So what is wrong with Juice having different colors and different sweetness and different level of stupidity?  It is a good thing in religion Colonel Q .  There are hardly   million jewish bums( That number is dwindling.) who may believe OT came out of gd 's ass and they are NOT a threat to progressive Jewish folks,   unlike 20% of Muslim fools who beat a up/even kill  a Muslim guy who may say Quran is NOT word of allah doll.  And on top of that Jewish folks  are not hiding   differences   with-in themselves JuiceFuk gives all those stories.  

And why are you taking pot shots at harmless Mary?

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #49 - September 29, 2013, 10:18 AM

That sounds like   Colonel Q wisdom of  the day, So what is wrong with Juice having different colors and different sweetness and different level of stupidity?  It is a good thing in religion Colonel Q .  There are hardly   million jewish bums( That number is dwindling.) who may believe OT came out of gd 's ass and they are NOT a threat to progressive Jewish folks,   unlike 20% of Muslim fools who beat a up/even kill  a Muslim guy who may say Quran is NOT word of allah doll.  And on top of that Jewish folks  are not hiding   differences   with-in themselves JuiceFuk gives all those stories.  

And why are you taking pot shots at harmless Mary?

Maybe one day my vocabulary will be advanced enough such that I will be able to adequately and accurately express the joy that I gain from reading Yeezevee's posts.

"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline toward the religion of solitude."

"i used to steal my sisters barbies so i could take their clothes off and perv on them" - prince spinoza
     Reply #50 - September 29, 2013, 04:58 PM

Yes they do.

Give me an example.

2. Torah is part of the Hebrew Bible canon, generally considered the most important and that agreed on by all Jews, but it it is not the entire Hebrew Bible.

I know that.

3. Some parts of the Hebrew Bible, to varying degrees, are taken quite literally by Orthodox and Conservative Jews, Haredis take the overwhelming majority of it literally, and Kararite Jews take the whole damn thing literally just about. Judaism is not monolithic.

That's what I figured.
     Reply #51 - September 29, 2013, 04:59 PM

You're thinking Mohammad.

Nope I am not thinking Muhammed. I got this from a Jewish friend. Other Jews believe the same thing.
     Reply #52 - September 29, 2013, 05:02 PM

1. go to any country in the world, anywjhere, first thing you see stepping off the plane in Ronald McDonald. They travel to spread the good word. McDonalds, like christianity, is good business.

2. If you know that then why insist the prophecy says something it doesn't?

3. Who the fuck cares, it's bullshit anyway.

Reply #53 - September 29, 2013, 05:02 PM

Nope I am not thinking Muhammed. I got this from a Jewish friend. Other Jews believe the same thing.

Love, it was a joke. Meh, I thought it was funny Roll Eyes

Reply #54 - September 29, 2013, 05:34 PM

1. go to any country in the world, anywjhere, first thing you see stepping off the plane in Ronald McDonald. They travel to spread the good word. McDonalds, like christianity, is good business.

2. If you know that then why insist the prophecy says something it doesn't?

3. Who the fuck cares, it's bullshit anyway.

Do they establish themselves in remote parts of the world where there is very little contact with the outside world? I am not talking about cities in other countries.

QSE we believe the Jews at one point in time did believe in a spiritual Messiah.

Have you ever heard of the Septuagint?
     Reply #55 - September 29, 2013, 05:34 PM

Love, it was a joke. Meh, I thought it was funny Roll Eyes

lol
     Reply #56 - September 29, 2013, 06:13 PM

Septuagint, if I recall, is the Latin term for the first translation of the Hebrew bible?

Reply #57 - September 29, 2013, 06:32 PM

It is Greek translation of the Hebrew text used in Alexandria hundreds of years before Christ. It is qouted in the nt and the Catholic Church used it for the canonization of the Bible.

It derives from the Latin Septuagint interpretum, meaning translation of the seventy interpretors ( the seventy men who translated it from Hebrew into Greek ).
     Reply #58 - September 29, 2013, 10:52 PM

Ohh, so that was the mistranslation that started the hell myth?

Reply #59 - September 29, 2013, 10:56 PM

( the seventy men who translated it from Hebrew into Greek ).

An act that should be known in the western world as “mistake # 1.”
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »