Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What's happened to the fo...
Today at 12:54 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:49 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Gents List of things to do after leaving Islam

(Read 49403 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Gents List of things to do after leaving Islam
     Reply #60 - September 29, 2013, 09:29 AM

Getting to know her will rectify that impression Tongue.

She's a flawed masterpiece.

You know I saw the posts by Quod and Jedi yesterday when I was just about to log off, and I swear I actually thought "bet I wake up and Os has posted something like...don't be fooled, she's a miserable bitch" or something along those lines.  Grin

I was right, I just got the order wrong as I didn't factor in that Kodanshi might be the first to want to disabuse them of this notion.  That's new to me. 

Anyway, I will let the guys go back to doing what they love best, discussing pussy.   cool2

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #61 - September 29, 2013, 10:49 AM

Anyway, I will let the guys go back to doing what they love best, discussing pussy.   cool2

At times we discuss God and politics too you know!  dance

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #62 - September 29, 2013, 07:42 PM

Cool thread. Why had no one made it sooner?  Huh?

(Not in any particular order. And by no means all inclusive.)

1.   Music. Listen to lots of it. Build up your musical library. Find what moves you. Find what speaks to you. Really dig it, man.
    2.   Beer. Don’t just buy a six pack of cheap lager to say you tried it. There is an entire world of great beer out there. Get involved in it. Find your favorite brew. Visit your local brewery. Sample all different sorts. Appreciate all the different tastes and varieties out there.  Get trashed.
    3.   Women. Unique, insightful, interesting, amazing. Women are, on the whole, remarkably awesome.  Talk to them. Get to know them. Become close friends with them. Appreciate this entire half of humanity that Islam has likely forced you to ignore. And I’m not only talking sex here, though there is nothing wrong with that, either.
    4.   Food. Try all different sorts of it. Figure out what you like. Enjoy it. Don’t think about “halal” and “haram.” Think about what tastes good.
    5.   Volunteer. Particularly for something that is obviously good but still considered haram. Something like wrapping Christmas presents for low income families or participating in an LGBT walk.
    6.   Travel. See as much of the world as you can. Experience life through the eyes of as many different peoples and cultures as you can. Appreciate humanity. Have an adventure.
    7.   Fashion. Figure out your style. Grow your facial hair the way you like it. Or shave it all off. Wear whatever clothes you like without worrying about your ankles burning or your silk tie ruining your wardrobe in Jannah.
    8.   Musical Instruments. Learn to play one. Even if you suck at it, it’s still good fun.
    9.   Read. Read a lot. Stay curious. Anything that you can not directly experience for yourself, read about it. This is ironically also supposedly the first Islamic injunction, but it is painfully obvious how little importance is given to reading non-Islamic material.
    10.   Get to know yourself. So much of Islam is directed at suppressing and fighting your soul. Well, your soul is YOU. You’ve been suppressing and fighting YOURSELF all this time. Stop doing that. Embrace yourself. Like yourself. Figure out who you are, what interests you, what makes you happy, and what you want to be. Be YOU.
     Reply #63 - September 29, 2013, 08:00 PM

Oh, and for the record, cats>dogs.  yes
     Reply #64 - September 29, 2013, 08:32 PM

Cool thread.

Well it was until people started worshipping cats again.

1.   Music. Listen to lots of it. Build up your musical library. Find what moves you. Find what speaks to you. Really dig it, man.
    2.   Beer. Don’t just buy a six back of cheap lager to say you tried it. There is an entire world of great beer out there. Get involved in it. Find your favorite brew. Visit your local brewery. Sample all different sorts. Appreciate all the different tastes and varieties out there.  Get trashed.
    3.   Women. Unique, insightful, interesting, amazing. Women are, on the whole, remarkably awesome.  Talk to them. Get to know them. Become close friends with them. Appreciate this entire half of humanity that Islam has likely forced you to ignore. And I’m not only talking sex here, though there is nothing wrong with that, either.
    4.   Food. Try all different sorts of it. Figure out what you like. Enjoy it. Don’t think about “halal” and “haram.” Think about what tastes good.
    5.   Volunteer. Particularly for something that is obviously good but still considered haram. Something like wrapping Christmas presents for low income families or participating in an LGBT walk.
    6.   Travel. See as much of the world as you can. Experience life through the eyes of as many different peoples and cultures as you can. Appreciate humanity. Have an adventure.
    7.   Fashion. Figure out your style. Grow your facial hair the way you like it. Or shave it all off. Wear whatever clothes you like without worrying about your ankles burning or your silk tie ruining your wardrobe in Jannah.
    8.   Musical Instruments. Learn to play one. Even if you suck at it, it’s still good fun.
    9.   Read. Read a lot. Stay curious. Anything that you can not directly experience for yourself, read about it. This is ironically also supposedly the first Islamic injunction, but it is painfully obvious how little importance is given to reading non-Islamic material.
    10.   Get to know yourself. So much of Islam is directed at suppressing and fighting your soul. Well, your soul is YOU. You’ve been suppressing and fighting YOURSELF all this time. Stop doing that do that. Embrace yourself. Like yourself. Figure out who you are, what interests you, what makes you happy, and what you want to be. Be YOU.

Great, pro–active list!
     Reply #65 - September 29, 2013, 08:35 PM

Don't go there.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #66 - September 29, 2013, 10:58 PM

I didn't argue which is better, I just said the true fact that cats are cooler. I'm assuming you saw my if they were human post.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #67 - September 30, 2013, 05:27 AM

Cool thread. Why had no one made it sooner?  Huh?

yeah, I needed others' opinions too so made it Smiley

(Not in any particular order. And by no means all inclusive.)

2.   Beer. Don’t just buy a six pack of cheap lager to say you tried it. There is an entire world of great beer out there. Get involved in it. Find your favorite brew. Visit your local brewery. Sample all different sorts. Appreciate all the different tastes and varieties out there.  Get trashed.
    10.   Get to know yourself. So much of Islam is directed at suppressing and fighting your soul. Well, your soul is YOU. You’ve been suppressing and fighting YOURSELF all this time. Stop doing that. Embrace yourself. Like yourself. Figure out who you are, what interests you, what makes you happy, and what you want to be. Be YOU.

I loved your entire list, Smiley   thnkyu

Reply #68 - September 30, 2013, 07:59 AM

This man, he speaks the truth. Follow him.
  • Re: Gents List of things to do after leaving Islam
     Reply #69 - December 01, 2013, 01:35 AM

Interesting thread. I don't believe my faith has ever limited me. I've always listened to music, watched movies, talked to girls etc. Currently I don't know whether I believe in Islam or not, but if it turns out the religion is not the true religion from God, then nothing will really change... except the fact I'll probably be more promiscuous. Lol. Islam or no Islam, I won't ever drink alcohol (hell, I refuse to drink fizzy drinks!). I'm perfectly happy with what I can do.
     Reply #70 - December 01, 2013, 03:48 PM

Good for you. We've only got one life, best to try and be happy.

By the way, you see my cat/dog thing on the previous page? You agree with me right?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #71 - December 01, 2013, 05:10 PM

Yep, that's a fair way to view things.

p.s. Cats > dogs.

Reply #72 - December 01, 2013, 05:43 PM

Cheesy

Reply #73 - December 03, 2013, 11:57 PM

p.s. Cats > dogs.

Doubtful.

Reply #74 - December 04, 2013, 03:18 AM

My money's on the cat. Afro

Yahoo Answers: Could 100 chihuahuas beat a tiger?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #75 - December 26, 2013, 11:50 PM

Those who are not too thrilled with cats should check out Grumpy Cat, Pusheen and Colonel Meow. And as for the question, go buy yourself some 100% silk shirts or pyjamas, and 24 carat gold earring.
     Reply #76 - December 27, 2013, 12:50 AM

Get into a relationship and kiss (at least Tongue) / check
    If it is difficult (when you're a hijabi) to take your headscarf off forever, then go to a far place and take it off / check
    Drink wine (damn, I have postponed this one),

Reply #77 - December 27, 2013, 02:40 AM

I just came home after drinking much wine. Afro

Reply #78 - December 27, 2013, 02:43 AM

I just came home after drinking much wine. Afro

Welcome home.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #79 - December 27, 2013, 02:45 AM

far away hug

Reply #80 - December 27, 2013, 02:52 AM

Got your wallet? I had some friends, long ago, who would help those with too much wine in them to get their wallets home, late at night. Especially heavy wallets.
    Usually not to the original owner's home, though.
    I bet plastic messed up their game. Probably your wallet is fine.

Reply #81 - December 27, 2013, 04:11 AM

Well I don't own a wallet so yeah.

Reply #82 - December 27, 2013, 04:13 AM

Now I know what to get you on your next secular shopping holiday.

Reply #83 - December 27, 2013, 04:20 AM

Nah, would never have a wallet. Don't see the point. You lose your wallet, that's it, you're lost everything. Cash, cards, whatever else, all of it gone. I'm fine with risking losing a few things rather than risking losing everything.

Reply #84 - December 27, 2013, 12:43 PM

I really don't see the appeal with alcohol, most of it tastes like absolute crap to me, and makes my face go all distorted upon a sip, well aside from baileys, baileys is lovely mmmm.

1. Be impulsive with your sexual activity with out clock watching, don't have schedule your sex life around the closest prayer with sufficient time for ghusl.
    2. Un-lower your gaze, and manage to not be a perve.
    3.Have a relationship with a non Muslim/Christian/Jew
    4. Not be proud of your overt gheerah, perhaps even remain calm when your wife/partner asks a man for the time.
    5. Go toilet/ release wind as you please, without needing to keep your wudhu for the next prayer.
    6. Draw a face :O
    7. Not judge women as whores for not being untouched/unseen by the eye or hand of another man.

"Make anyone believe their own knowledge and logic is insufficient and you'll have a puppet susceptible to manipulation."
     Reply #85 - December 27, 2013, 01:45 PM

Be yourself.

Reply #86 - December 27, 2013, 03:19 PM

2. Un-lower your gaze, and manage to not be a perve. That's the best sign of an ideal man Jibbs!
     Reply #87 - December 28, 2013, 05:15 AM

Do whatever the fuck you want to do.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #88 - March 17, 2014, 03:08 AM

Don't give a fuck about rigid gender norms. If you want to look after the kids while your wife goes to work, fuck it. If the missus is happy for it, do it.

Realise no one cares if you have a wank.

Reply #89 - April 12, 2014, 11:42 PM

Explore you sexuality and don't let rigid societal norms tell you what you can and can't do. 

You know that when you were homophobic as a muslim that was really just you repressing your own desire to know what it feels like to be with a man. 

I used to be the most homphobic person even among my own muslim friends and now I really have this huge urge to head down to the local gay bar and have a really passionate make out session with another man.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »