Most ex-Muslims are PISD.
They suffer from Post-Islam Stress Disorder
in that we feel as though we have walked out of one 'reality' and stepped into a whole 'nother reality.
What to do once the veil has been uncovered?
1) Stroke a baby pig. Seriously, they're well cute. While you're at it, sniff bacon.
2) Bring your pet dog indoors. Those pesky angels or djinns won't bother him anymore.
3) Admit to yourself that cats creep you out. I know, Muhammad may have liked them. But fuck him. I think cats are creepy as hell.
4) Order a BigMac or Whopper and eat it. Check out Colonel Saunders and see what all the fuss is about.*
5) You take your 'The Star Wars' issue 1 comic book (following the original draft of Star Wars upon which the motion picture was based) which has just been released and place THAT higher on the bookshelf than you do the Qur'an.
6) Walk through town or go to work meeting people of all walks of life and not judging them solely based upon their beliefs and categorising them as those who are potentially going to go to Paradise or are in no doubt of going straight to the Hell Fire.
7) Smile at a woman knowing that you are not committing zina and even if you do feel attracted to her that it's okay because it's only natural and if you do really like her that much then contact her in a non-Jimmy Saville way and express your feelings. If she declines then let it go and move on, but if she says yes then pursue a relationship based upon mutual trust and honesty.**
8 ) Not having to be engaged in stupid debates such as which is better: using the 'lota'*** or toilet paper?
9) Watching the news for informative reasons rather than noting down just how THEY are victimising us Muslims and looking at world events before cross referencing this with your 'Signs Before The Day of Judgement' book written by Ibn Kathir. (Seriously, I used to do that).
10) Waking up in the middle of the day, having a cup of tea and some biscuits whilst watching Trisha Goddard before realising 'Oh yeah, it's ramadhan today isn't it?' And you just continue on like it was any other normal day.
It's liberating being a non-Muslim. *Actually a lot of my Muslim friends still do this.
**If you're not shy that is. Oh, and make sure she is single.
***A lota is a lot like a watering can except it is smaller, made out of plastic and used to clean your arse. Unless of course, that is what you normally dow ith your watering can
All the other suggestions have been spot on.
Barbarella...the first thing I actually did was shave off my beard. And Quod, the gender relations is still a hot topic, Islam doesn't make it any easier for us at all.
Oh and Rendezvouz, masturbation is okay so long as you have nikah with your right hand.