Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ex Revert

(Read 51851 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex Revert
     Reply #240 - October 23, 2013, 01:14 AM

Well I know it is not going to feed your kids.

Aint Nothing Going on but the Rent _ Gwen Guthrie (the eighties did have the best music)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szM7x0N9Ru4

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
  • Ex Revert
     Reply #241 - October 23, 2013, 02:21 AM

I don't know. I keep want to lay down a different beat behind her voice. I think I am in a fast mood. Maybe I should come back when I am less focused?

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Ex Revert
     Reply #242 - October 23, 2013, 08:35 PM

Snap. I don't know too 3. the answer to the question as to why I did not read your introduction. I have self-ban from introductions, the night I warned you about a guy with  script, I still did not read it. I meet people in the dens, I think I sacred off one person who wrote a wall of text and a picked up one sentence, just a phrase say that everyone uses and sorta admonished him/her from using it and he /se never replied back, to this date.

also it means I don't know when I bump into people in the rooms past the entrance and porch if people are males or females, there should be a gender thingy in the vatar, if you so wish to assign.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
  • Ex Revert
     Reply #243 - October 23, 2013, 10:16 PM

I think you should read introductions. I mean, people are introducing themselves. How will you know them if you don't read it? I can't believe you were posting in here and didn't read the OP. It's easier to respond to people if you know who they are.

• Ex Revert
     Reply #244 - October 23, 2013, 10:27 PM

Now you know why all the 'whateva'. read introductions, give people parrots and bunnies, seriously... Sometimes it is better to reply to people who you don't know who they are colour/race/creed/religion/gender/wealth/culture all goes out of the window.

if you know who they are, stereotypes, though useful in saving time, you may miss something.

I like to judge people on their substance not what they wrote as their first piece on this forum, course it is gonna sound/look/feel good, you would want your first post to. Mine wasn't but then again I am not like other people, doesn't mean I am better but different...

• Ex Revert
     Reply #245 - October 23, 2013, 11:43 PM

I get it. I never would have thought of it. I like it.

• Ex Revert
     Reply #246 - October 24, 2013, 12:10 AM

How on Earth does reading someone's intro make you unable to judge people on their substance?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Ex Revert
     Reply #247 - October 24, 2013, 12:23 AM

They are not exactly viewpoints. I don't believe in islam. Fucking brilliant, and it really is, but what next. or it is boo hoo story, I don't want to be nasty. if there only x amount of genres of movie, how many ex-muslims paths to enlightenment can there be, point me one out Quod, if you see an original one.

• Ex Revert
     Reply #248 - October 24, 2013, 12:30 AM

Why does an intro colour your opinion of them? That seems to be what you're saying. People gain substance the more familiar we are with them, why would whether or not your read their intro change that?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Ex Revert
     Reply #249 - October 24, 2013, 12:38 AM

After intro I have no opinion. And I told you the reason why I don't read intros I scared off a good first time poster with a lengthy but no waffle intro and he did not come back. You don't want someone like me posting too them when they already stressed enough to join.

• Ex Revert
     Reply #250 - October 24, 2013, 12:40 AM

Well, now you are being considerate. I thought you were trying to see the people underneath the sob stories or behind the veil, and couldn't if you found Islam and "poor me" in the intro, because it affected your view negatively.

• Ex Revert
     Reply #251 - October 24, 2013, 12:47 AM

Well call me irrational, it matter to me from an anthropic/sociological/summat poin to view. As to how they reached 'enlightenment'. I am toughest on gay muslim males who reach enlightenment. So instead of preconceiving ideas about them at intros, i'd rather they show me their mettle (no euphemism) in the dens. Are you satisfied quod?

• Ex Revert
     Reply #252 - December 08, 2013, 10:22 PM

Slightly curious about something. Your writing style is very precise, not much shorthand, don't think I've seen any slang. Do you speak this way in the offline world?

• Ex Revert
     Reply #253 - December 08, 2013, 10:49 PM

No. My speaking style is really inconsistent, and it makes me feel as though I am insane.
    If I get upset, or affectionate, I speak in a slight Southern drawl.
    If I am angry, I do not speak in English. If I am stressed, I do not speak in English. It just flies out of my head and I cannot recall it.
    Which is probably why my children's teacher asked me what country I was from on Friday, because picking up the children and trying to get them all into the car when they want to finish their art project is not always an easy chore.
    Normally, I speak American English with a slight accent, hard to place.
    At home I use a stronger accent, but I drop some adverbs and add some foreign words, and end up with a pidgin English. I am trying not to do this.
    So DA could not place my accent, when he heard it, because it is pidgin, really, and not genuine.
    My writing has ended up like this because I spent years assisting in translating news into English for a foreign political organization. You have to make the English easy enough to comprehend for the people who are providing the news for publication in English, so it can be verified, and you have to strip the emotion out of it for safety reasons. Taking the bias and emotion out of it also legitimizes it in many circles.
    I do use slang in speech. But perhaps less than most, because I am accustomed to non-English speakers.

• Ex Revert
     Reply #254 - April 27, 2014, 04:53 PM

I got my first FB dawah:

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

1. Proclaim! (or read!) in
    the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-

2. Created man, out of a leech-like clot:

3. Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,-

4. He Who taught (the use of) the Pen,-

5. Taught man that which he knew not.

6. Nay, but man doth
    transgress all bounds,

7. In that he looketh upon himself as self-sufficient.

8. Verily, to thy Lord is the return (of all).
    (The holy quran 96:1-8)

My dear, i mostly invite you to keep calm and read the divine book the noble Quran :

http://www.qurandownload.com/Download.aspx?file=/english-quran(yusuf-ali)-wb.pdf
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Reply:
    a few seconds ago
    I have read Quran in and out, and lived it. You are not my Mahram, leave me the hell alone, Shaitan is in here with you. I am not your "dear". Astaghfarilluh. Read your own Quran, and stop talking to strange women.
    Chat Conversation End

• Ex Revert
     Reply #255 - April 27, 2014, 05:24 PM

Cheesy Priceless.

• Ex Revert
     Reply #256 - April 27, 2014, 05:32 PM

I was more pissed than that. But I have been getting like that on FB lately, so I took a step back and toned it down.
    If he comes back I can't promise I won't start spewing Hadith.
    If I can find the rant he is contacting me over, I will post it up here.

• Ex Revert
     Reply #257 - April 27, 2014, 05:34 PM

Fingers crossed. Afro

• Ex Revert
     Reply #258 - April 27, 2014, 05:38 PM

I have read Quran in and out, and lived it.

A thought came to me a few weeks ago as it relates to "living" the Quran. It is often promoted by Muslims as a sort of testament to Muhammad's character that Aisha referred to him as a "living" Quran, or more accurately, I suppose, that his character was the Quran. As I considered other instances of Aisha insinuating that the Quran always seemed to confirm Muhammad's desires, perhaps the idea that she was really trying to convey was that the Quran was nothing more than Muhammad's inner character in book form, a compilation of his desires, delusions, and preferences.
  • Ex Revert
     Reply #259 - April 27, 2014, 05:40 PM

Aisha interests me. There are so many hints she thinks Mo is full of shit. I've often wondered if she went along with the whole thing after he died for political reasons, to secure a good life for herself, not because she was a believer.

• Ex Revert
     Reply #260 - April 27, 2014, 05:53 PM

Thank you both for bringing up Aisha in a context not portraying her as a victim. Honestly, I haven't thought about it that much, but what you said makes a lot of sense. If we analyze Aisha's actions after Mo's death, it seems as if she became a slightly different person, as if Mo held her back. The "Battle of the Camel" is interesting to analyze for this reason.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Ex Revert
     Reply #261 - April 27, 2014, 06:04 PM

She almost flat out denied Mo. There's what happymurtad said above, the bit about her commenting on how his "revelations from god" seem to solely benefit him personally, there are these little hints to how she viewed him. If she wasn't an outright disbeliever, she was definitely a sceptic. I don't think she was this purely believing mother of believers, I think she was a very smart woman who was able to turn something to her advantage.

Oh, and you're welcome. Smiley

• Ex Revert
     Reply #262 - April 27, 2014, 06:06 PM

The incident when she followed him while he was creeping around at night come to mind, which resulted in Mo hitting her in the chest causing pain. I mean, what was he doing late at night like that? And why would Aisha follow him, there must be some background story to this that we are not told.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Ex Revert
     Reply #263 - April 27, 2014, 06:10 PM

Like he was really going to the cemetery to pray for people at 3am.  Roll Eyes
  • Ex Revert
     Reply #264 - April 27, 2014, 06:11 PM

We need a Game of Thrones, islam style. Which reminds me of something to post in the GoT thread.

• Ex Revert
     Reply #265 - April 27, 2014, 06:15 PM

@HM: Exactly , and it bothers me that Muslims just accepts it at face value. As if really shady stuff was completely normal.

If we move on a bit to Safia, I find it interesting that you can read throughout the hadith literature that the other wives are skeptical and suspicious towards her. And at Mo's deathbed, Safia says something like "oh I'm gonna miss you" and all the other wives are described like giving each other this "look". Mo notices it and says "wallahi, she is being truthful". I think if we are really going to critically read these narrations, a whole different story will emerge than the Islamic white washed one....

• Ex Revert
     Reply #266 - April 27, 2014, 06:25 PM

There was obviously a power structure with the wives, or at least backbiting. They definitely knew it would be best for them to secure their positions.

• Ex Revert
     Reply #267 - April 27, 2014, 06:27 PM

There really is huge potential in the seerah for lots of juicy "what if" scenarios. It really doesn't even take a lot of imagination, either. A healthy dose of skepticism and some rudimentary ability to read between the lines is enough to make Mo's story incredibly flimsy and fascinatingly scandalous.
  • Ex Revert
     Reply #268 - April 27, 2014, 06:35 PM

A thought came to me a few weeks ago as it relates to "living" the Quran. It is often promoted by Muslims as a sort of testament to Muhammad's character that Aisha referred to him as a "living" Quran, or more accurately, I suppose, that his character was the Quran. As I considered other instances of Aisha insinuating that the Quran always seemed to confirm Muhammad's desires, perhaps the idea that she was really trying to convey was that the Quran was nothing more than Muhammad's inner character in book form, a compilation of his desires, delusions, and preferences.

Well, she did allude to that more than once, if I remember correctly.

• Ex Revert
     Reply #269 - April 27, 2014, 06:35 PM

Coming from an non islamic background and having no pressure in regards to islam, it was very easy for me to see this from the start. Many times when reading the hadiths I would of loved to have been a fly on the wall. The family dynamics, the stockholm syndrome, the unanswered questions...oh to have been a fly on that wall. The one thing that stood out to me is that I never saw it as loving. There was tenderness at times, but I never saw any actual loving relationships.

• Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »