Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Pope Francis Signals Remarkable Shift In Priorities For Catholics

(Read 11044 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Pope Francis Signals Remarkable Shift In Priorities For Catholics
     Reply #30 - September 21, 2013, 03:13 AM

Welllllllllllll, he's stilll not really saying anything against standard Catholic doctrine that's been around for ages. He's less hardarse than Benny, but he's still a pope if you know what I mean. So, it doesn't really stand out as some sort of revolution in the Vatican. Moderate popes come and go, like hardarse popes come and go. I'm not really reading any great significance into it all.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #31 - September 21, 2013, 03:32 AM

The fact the church can accept that these "reforms" (which the pope has said is his goal) as perfectly valid within catholic doctrine does still make an impact, though in response to your comment about moderate popes, I've only ever been aware of them being the head of the gay/atheist/abortion fanaticism.

In the same way I was quite interested when the Dali Lama said he's a feminist, the next one could easily be a woman, he has nothing against gays and that if science proves buddhist teachings wrong he has no problem disregarding them. It's significant because both are the spiritual heads of major religions, and the followers will take notice.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #32 - September 21, 2013, 03:47 AM

Yeah but all he's really saying is the same old "hate the sin, love the sinner" line that has been SOP for yonks. The "sins" are still the same, so bugger all has changed. Smiley

Reply #33 - September 21, 2013, 04:07 AM

*shrug* Just the way he phrased it I guess. It made an impression and people have been talking about it. I'm not going to say you're wrong because you're not, but I would hope it would make the followers think. We all want religion to lose the poison fangs.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #34 - September 21, 2013, 05:18 AM

Just had an interesting report on tonight's news. Turns out your favourite hippy pope has just excommunicated a priest in Melbourne. This is the first excommunication in the history of the Catholic church in Melbourne. None of the paedophile priests were excommunicated, but this bloke was.

Why? Because he spoke up in favour of gay marriage and the ordination of women. So there ya go. Tongue

Reply #35 - September 21, 2013, 05:22 AM

banghead

Reply #36 - September 21, 2013, 06:03 AM

Doesn't surprise me.  Speaking in favour of one of those things will get you booted from the Catholic Church, never mind both. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #37 - September 21, 2013, 10:21 AM

Seriously though, you must acknowledge the significance of this coming out of the mouth of the fucking Pope.

I think the Pope is trying to pull the RCC back towards more of it's traditional teachings.
  • How The Pope's Statements On Abortion, Gays, Reflect His Latin American Roots
     Reply #38 - September 21, 2013, 03:28 PM

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Americas/2013/0920/How-the-pope-s-statements-on-abortion-gays-reflect-his-Latin-American-roots-video
     Reply #39 - September 21, 2013, 07:00 PM

C1981

Do you like to post links and that's it or would you like to post your comments on the subject matter too?

You have mentioned that you enjoy debate...so let's have it then.

What do you think about this story:

1) From your former right-wing perspective.

2) As an atheist.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #40 - September 21, 2013, 07:02 PM

jedi - he wants us to do the homework - drive-by postings

btw is your real name javed

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #41 - September 21, 2013, 07:05 PM

Nahi, mera naam Javed nahi hai.

My name is Wa**m or my friends call me Wa**y.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #42 - September 21, 2013, 07:08 PM

Empire Strikes Back was the first movie I saw at the cinema - it's all been downhill since then lol

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #43 - September 21, 2013, 07:09 PM

Return of the Jedi was good too.

I love the OT.

Maybe I'll post pics of my Star Wars collection  on line one day?

Reply #44 - September 21, 2013, 07:11 PM

Return of the Jedi was good too.

I suppose you have to be a fan. You are something out of Big Bang Theory. What do your mates, Daz, Faz, Gaz and Jazz think about your collection?

Reply #45 - September 21, 2013, 07:13 PM

I don't have any mates!  Cry

Reply #46 - September 21, 2013, 07:18 PM

No mates - Gonna have to call you Billy. (billy no mates, just in case)

Lol - you are a funny fucker- you should do stand up - for the applause.

Reply #47 - September 21, 2013, 09:36 PM

C1981

Do you like to post links and that's it or would you like to post your comments on the subject matter too?

You have mentioned that you enjoy debate...so let's have it then.

What do you think about this story:

1) From your former right-wing perspective.

2) As an atheist.

I am still conservative but don't believe in some of crap spewed by the far-right.

No I am not an Atheist, although I do like to chat with them on facebook.
     Reply #48 - September 21, 2013, 09:36 PM

jedi - he wants us to do the homework - drive-by postings

btw is your real name javed

I am female
     Reply #49 - September 22, 2013, 06:19 AM

^^^^^^

Sorry brother, but this topic has gone on to something more interesting .... STAR F'ING WARS!

Reply #50 - September 22, 2013, 09:56 AM

Flower rhetoric in order to facilitate any approachable medium so that the Church doesn't end up looking as backwards as it is. The leadership realized that fighting tooth and nail over a certain topics was futile. It fought secularism and social democracies for a century in the 19th century and suffered for it.

So anyone looking forward to Star Wars: Lens Flare Strikes Back by J.J. Abrams?
     Reply #51 - September 22, 2013, 11:11 AM

LOL @ bogart I hope that he doesn't use that annoying TM of his in the upcoming sequels.  dance

Reply #52 - September 22, 2013, 12:58 PM

Won't all this "moderatish reformish"  pope act all go to waste if the next pope is a complete nutjob like the previous one( a likely scenario IMO) and just reverses the "shift" brought by the current pope ?

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #53 - September 22, 2013, 01:10 PM

To answer TDR's question:

I believe so.
     Reply #54 - September 22, 2013, 01:39 PM

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2013/0921/American-Catholics-like-what-they-re-hearing-from-Pope-Francis-video
     Reply #55 - September 22, 2013, 01:56 PM

I ain't head anything from this pope that lead me to believe any exciting change is happening. I kind of understood that their will be a slight change on what will get the more prime time, but not the slightest change in doctrine anyway. Maybe it's a big deal for devout christians, nobody else need to give a damn imho.
     Reply #56 - September 22, 2013, 02:11 PM

We'll see
     Reply #57 - September 22, 2013, 02:40 PM

And again:

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=24950.msg707489#msg707489

Reply #58 - September 23, 2013, 05:31 AM

This is borderline spamming and against the rules, C1981. Consider this a formal and official warning. Either you post actual content instead of forcing people to visit that stupid website, or you refrain from posting. Next time it will be a smite.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #59 - September 23, 2013, 05:44 AM

All I see is Church doctrine, dogma and stances changes to reflect what people already thought about these issues. The Church is playing catchup as it always has done when faced with a topic that it is against but the population supports. Religion is always left in the dust only changing it's ways when popular support is against their views. They did it with secularism, democracy, evolution, astronomy, etc. They are doing it now.
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »