Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: East Midlands Ex-Muslim Meet

(Read 6142 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • East Midlands Ex-Muslim Meet
     OP - September 17, 2013, 06:32 AM

I'm organising the FIRST ex-muslim meet in Nottingham. This is long overdue and needs to happen. If you think you can make it for an evening out, get in touch! Afro

Come on people! dance

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #1 - September 17, 2013, 12:53 PM

Yeeeeeaaaahhhhh!  dance
     Reply #2 - October 08, 2013, 11:32 PM

For those who are interested the East Midlands ex-muslim group is happening. I met an ex-muslim lad on Saturday to discuss some things, which went very well. MrHappyMan has been a huge help, I can't underestimate this.

Dennis Penaluna, President of the Nottingham Secular Society is aware that we're starting a local chapter. We've gotten a mention in the Nottingham Secular Society e-mail which I'll quote below.

An East of England group has started up offering help and support to ex-Muslims. If you want to make contact, please email the Nottingham Secular Society.

nottinghamsecularsociety@yahoo.com

Dennis has also said that he may be able to swing it so we get a mention on BBC Radio Nottingham.

We'll be referred to as a generic "Midlands Ex-Muslim community" or "the Ex-Muslim community in Nottingham/the Midlands".

MrHappyMan has been instrumental in his support and free with his advice on how to get this up and running, he really is due credit for this. Thank you mate.

Oh and lastly, Dennis said that a local islamic group are asking for a debate about the wearing of the veil. If anyone is knowledge about this subject and would be interested in debating, contact the Nottingham Secular Society.

Anyone who may wish to attend can PM me. I should say that for security there will be a vetting, which isn't a big deal. If you're in the area and can spare some time it's basically just an informal chat to make sure you're not one of the minority loonies who think they have a divine right to harasses ex-muslims.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #3 - October 09, 2013, 02:52 AM

Hi there guys, I was the one who Quod referred to as meeting on the Saturday- was a very good meeting!

I can attest to the genuineness and fruitfulness of these meet ups. I attended quite a few in Birmingham, which were really invaluable and great for meeting like minded people, and creating a support network. This has largely been due to the efforts of MrHappyMan, who has been instrumental in ensuring that things happen and everything runs smoothly.

So please, come along and meet us, it's absolutely fundamental that we start up a group that can act as a support group- and in general an active community which spreads the cause of us apostates!  PM me or either Qoud Smiley
     Reply #4 - October 09, 2013, 05:59 PM

And, you know, friends and supporters of apostates Smiley Don't leave us out. Afro

Reply #5 - October 09, 2013, 06:02 PM

Thought I'd better just pop my head above the parapet. I've been PM-ing Quod about meeting up so it would be cool to have a good number of people going to this.

As for the publicity through the Secular Society and the BBC - good work!

Looks like MrHappyMan is going to ex-muslim heaven for all the kudos he's getting. Masha-allah!  Wink

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
     Reply #6 - October 09, 2013, 06:14 PM

Come to the dark side Smiley

Reply #7 - October 15, 2013, 02:52 PM

Just to let you all know, me and abzm will be meeting with the Nottingham Secular Society later this month. Come on Easterners, get in touch! dance

Reply #8 - October 16, 2013, 07:24 AM

Date? Time?

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
     Reply #9 - October 20, 2013, 09:27 PM

Well it was going to be on the 28th but we're working out a different time at the moment.

Reply #10 - October 31, 2013, 04:19 PM

^

discuss date and time via private messages only.

Quod Sum Eris. Remeber to not just let anyone who comments on an internet thread to come to the meeting.

Carefully screen the person both online and in person before letting them attend.

We already had a problem on this forum with a stalker trying to fake being an ex muslim and try to come to a meetup.

Safety first!

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #11 - November 13, 2013, 10:10 PM

Don't worry rebel, Quod has been briefed on vetting already and I'm more than confident that he's capable of carrying out those duties to the best of his abilities Wink
     Reply #12 - November 15, 2013, 09:56 AM

^

There is a test I have to tell if someone is ex muslim or not.

It's called the Booze and pork test.

Ask the person to explain why they left Islam over a lunch of pork and beer.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #13 - November 23, 2013, 06:55 PM

How are things going with this meet up?

Reply #14 - November 23, 2013, 07:14 PM

Hey sorry I meant to get back to you on this, just realised it slipped my mind. At the moment we're just still trying to get a few more people interested and work out a date. It's going slower than what I'd hoped for.

Reply #15 - November 28, 2013, 09:22 AM

Okay. No worries. Work's been tough recently but is easing off at the mo...just enough to remember to visit this site. Smiley

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »