Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:43 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Forum Anouncement: mchawking has passed away

(Read 25784 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Forum Anouncement: mchawking has passed away
     OP - September 11, 2013, 10:02 PM

All the moderators of the forum are deeply saddened to hear that Irtaza, who posted under the name mchawking, has passed away.

Irtaza was a highly intelligent, sensitive person who contributed greatly to the forum.

He was experiencing depression and had problems in his personal life. He reached out for help and many of our members did all they could to help.

This forum is a community of people. In a dark moment many people here acted with compassion and love for a friend going through a period of darkness.

It speaks of your collective sensitivity and humanity. Nobody should feel that they failed because of Irtaza's decision to end his life.

Rather, reflect on how we can try to look out for each other as much as we can.

Remember Irtaza with affection. And if you feel depressed or feel that this triggers feelings of sadness inside you, reach out to people you know, in your private life, or here, and seek support.

Please feel free to pay tribute to Irtaza and share your feelings, memories and remembrance on this thread.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #1 - September 11, 2013, 10:09 PM

RIP.

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #2 - September 11, 2013, 10:14 PM

Rest in peace, dear friend. 

This is truly sad and he will be missed very much.

'The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in rising everytime you fall'
     Reply #3 - September 11, 2013, 10:16 PM

RIP Mchawking.   Cry

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #4 - September 11, 2013, 10:20 PM

Thank you, Billy, and the moderator team, for that well worded and thoughtful response.  I honestly have been going about my day since the news broke with a tirade of ideas on the matter.

I think that, in times like this, it is important to stress the community aspect to which Billy spoke above. I know that I am not alone when I say that I throw in my lot of support with the ex-Muslims of this forum and elsewhere. As few can relate to the challenges life can throw our way, a true and active community—as we are—is vital.

May his passing be a respite from his troubles, and if you are struggling with anything, please do not hesitate to reach out to your brothers and sisters here or elsewhere.
     Reply #5 - September 11, 2013, 10:25 PM

RIP mchawking. 

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #6 - September 11, 2013, 10:30 PM

Cry He was such a smart kid. To be gone like that... I'll miss his posts, his wit, and knowing he's around. RIP mchawking

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #7 - September 11, 2013, 10:31 PM

RIP, u will be missed  far away hug
     Reply #8 - September 11, 2013, 11:30 PM

I was just talking to him the other day on Skype. Are we sure about this?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #9 - September 11, 2013, 11:50 PM

Dunno what to say. Hard to even believe it.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #10 - September 12, 2013, 12:56 AM

Poor bugger.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #11 - September 12, 2013, 12:58 AM

I am so sorry that mchawking has passed. He had a lot of potential... it's devastating.

For the rest of the forum: Please don't ever think you are alone in the world. We are all here for you, each of you. To listen. To help in any way we can. If you are feeling bad, just come and share something. Talk with others. Post in the Advice section or the Shelter. You are not alone. The forum is open 24/7. Listen to each other. Make each other laugh. Life is short anyway. There will be plenty of time for us all to be dead. We have only a few decades of life. Let's value it.... in ourselves and in each other.

Share love, compassion, kindness... these are more important than anything else in the world. Love yourself, and love others.

far away hug

R.I.P. Irtaza

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #12 - September 12, 2013, 01:01 AM

Life is short anyway. There will be plenty of time for us all to be dead. We have only a few decades of life. Let's value it.... in ourselves and in each other.

Fucking good advice. Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #13 - September 12, 2013, 01:05 AM

For the rest of the forum: Please don't ever think you are alone in the world. We are all here for you, each of you. To listen. To help in any way we can. If you are feeling bad, just come and share something. Talk with others. Post in the Advice section or the Shelter. You are not alone. The forum is open 24/7. Listen to each other. Make each other laugh. Life is short anyway. There will be plenty of time for us all to be dead. We have only a few decades of life. Let's value it.... in ourselves and in each other.

Share love, compassion, kindness... these are more important than anything else in the world. Love yourself, and love others.

So true allat.

God is Love.

Reply #14 - September 12, 2013, 01:07 AM

I think that, in times like this, it is important to stress the community aspect to which Billy spoke above. I know that I am not alone when I say that I throw in my lot of support with the ex-Muslims of this forum and elsewhere. As few can relate to the challenges life can throw our way, a true and active community—as we are—is vital.

It really is. The value of this forum is that it can provide this.

God is Love.

Reply #15 - September 12, 2013, 01:09 AM

Irtaza was remarkably intelligent, very sensitive, and a very inquisitive, questioning mind. Just looking through some of his posts and his qualities shine through.

God is Love.

Reply #16 - September 12, 2013, 02:39 AM

:( RIP. He was so nice to people even when he had his own issues, he helped others. <3 RIP

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

Reply #17 - September 12, 2013, 02:52 AM

Fucking good advice. Afro

yh

fuck you
     Reply #18 - September 12, 2013, 03:54 AM

So, so sad.

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #19 - September 12, 2013, 05:36 AM

I hardly knew the guy. But seeing probably his last conversation really struck me. He seemed just scared and desperate. It was like he wanted a miracle to happen to him and whisk him away. I'm very sad to hear him pass. I know most of us don't believe in an afterlife but at least he will live on in the posts he made in this forum.

Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.

Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure.
    - George Carlin
     Reply #20 - September 12, 2013, 07:00 AM

Awful news! RIP mchakwing  Cry Cry
    He always came across as a very intelligent young man with a lot of potential. I remember seeing him in the debate video and thinking he did such a good job representing Ex-Muslims.
    Looking through his last few posts, it looks like things were slowly spiralling out of control. You will be missed  Cry

Reply #21 - September 12, 2013, 08:33 AM

I'm shocked to hear this and I don't know what to say too.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #22 - September 12, 2013, 08:44 AM

Rest in peace.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #23 - September 12, 2013, 09:14 AM

When you have big dreams, which Irtaza did; he wanted to do things with his life and he could've he was an intelligent guy with the drive to learn, but in a situation where it appears practically hopeless it's extremely disheartening. I know that deep despairing feeling that surrounds you and leaks into every other part of your life too well, you start seeing the world with those dark glasses until someone(s) grabs you. shakes your life up positively, pulls you out of that water...to make you feel alive again. It is practically impossible to to get out of such a place just by yourself.

The world is a cruel place in a lot of ways, so it's important for those of us with the strength of a big heart to remember to open our arms and share love and warmth, because in this world we only have each other to look after.

If anyone wants to talk to someone, send me a PM if you want.

far away hug

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #24 - September 12, 2013, 09:38 AM

Thanks for sharing that, dusty

God is Love.

Reply #25 - September 12, 2013, 09:56 AM

Great words, Stardust as always.

--------

I'm not good at this but I will try.

I don't know where to start but from the few times I have chatted with Irtaza, he does come across as intelligent person but has a rough life going on and I see him as someone who needs love in his life, the kind of love that can gives one hope in this life and keep them going as long as they can, the kind of love that can sustain one's happiness and state of wellbeing. One cannot underestimate the damage that a broken heart does to a one's being especially if your supposed loved ones i.e. your parents failed you and hold you away from achieving your dreams.

"Love is all you need" is a simple statement but a powerful one that shouldn't be underestimated. This is why one should always appreciate the people that loved them for who they are and care about their happiness, they are the ones you should hold them to and never let them go.

Irtaza, even though we have talked few times, you will remain in my thoughts. RIP

Also to the ones that comes from a broken home, I may not be able to understand you or empathize with you but I beg you to remain strong and stick to your dreams until it has become reality to you,don't lose hope, this life has more to offer if you stick through to it in hard times. Life can be tough and excruciating but its not too late to fight it while you are still alive.

RIP Irtaza far away hug

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #26 - September 12, 2013, 10:06 AM

Irtaza appeared on the BBC 'The Big Questions' show and spoke about whether religion is good for children - he speaks around the 12 minute mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxBHwKD4Orc

God is Love.

Reply #27 - September 12, 2013, 10:31 AM

I've just learned about this from Twitter. I can't believe it!  McHawking was without doubt one of the people on this site I got along with really well.  He spent so much time in private discussing cosmology with me.

I have my lovely family to look after me when my depression is bad, I really wish I could have been there for him.  Oh shit, I liked this guy so fucking much!

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #28 - September 12, 2013, 12:55 PM

Irtaza appeared on the BBC 'The Big Questions' show and spoke about whether religion is good for children - he speaks around the 12 minute mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxBHwKD4Orc

Just brilliant! I did not know that he did this. But he was indeed the most brilliant among us all.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #29 - September 12, 2013, 01:17 PM

I watched that episode of "The Big Questions" a while ago....didn't know him on this site...but he sounds very intelligent and seemed like a wonderful young man. What happened is so sad.

"You're time is limited. Don't waste it by living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other people's opinions drown out your own inner voice. -Steve Jobs
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »