Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Forum Anouncement: mchawking has passed away

(Read 25788 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Forum Anouncement: mchawking has passed away
     Reply #30 - September 12, 2013, 01:21 PM

This is so sad.  He was such a sensitive soul & good person, I only wish there was something i could do. 

RIP Irtaza.  far away hug

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #31 - September 12, 2013, 02:32 PM

Full debate/discussion of that  Is Religion Good For Children..

part-1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CISlSGHizDc
    there king talks at 25.41mts...

part-2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLK-JTNpNAQ
    here king speaks at 1:00 mt and 26.08 mts & 26:48 answering that loud mouth lady., he is such an assertive, logical, rational guy .. taking such extreme step is hard to believe..

I don't know I am lost here., A person who speaks for Humanism and a spokesperson to CEMB in debates like that and  takes such an extreme steps at an young age is very hard to understand. I am not sure what triggered but His assertive expression and his responses at CEMB doesn't present to me that he is an introvert. He is a people's guy.  

Friends Thank you for all of your responses/posts/insults at  yeezevee..  I am going to stop writing  in to forums, not just  this one but all forums for some time.

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #32 - September 12, 2013, 02:50 PM

yeezeevee, take the time you need to mourn. Just don't be a stranger.

That goes for all of our members, old and new.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #33 - September 12, 2013, 03:26 PM

Fucking hell, I heard about this on my Twitter feed, and I’m devastated especially considering we also had another member who felt he could do nothing more but put an end to his life.

I wish I’d gotten to know Irtaza. R.I.P.

Fuck… Cry
     Reply #34 - September 12, 2013, 04:04 PM

I have really struggled to find the words to express how hearing about this had made me feel, especially since we never got along after a silly facebook argument the progressed further than it needed to.  Even though he eventually sought to make amends I just didn't give him a chance again, and I feel because of that I never really gave him the support that many of you say you did.

It's hard to put into words the guilt I feel for not getting over the stupidity, or to know that just before this happened he posted in the shoutbox, clearly in distress, and no one appeared to reply (on the shoutbox), and of course, neither did I. 

It is too late now to offer the any support, or to let him know that I think it was a dumb argument that we could have moved past, I wish I could have.

It's so heartbreaking to know that another member of this forum, has chosen to leave the world. 

RIP Irtaza, this is one of those moments where I hope that something exists beyond, and that you found it. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #35 - September 12, 2013, 04:11 PM

This is so tragic, losing such an enlightened person and mind :(.

And he lived so close as well...

R.I.P
     Reply #36 - September 12, 2013, 06:00 PM

I didn't really know him, but I wish I had. This is so sad.  Cry
     Reply #37 - September 12, 2013, 06:07 PM

http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/news/update_man_found_dead_in_chigwell_named_locally_as_irtaza_hussain_21_from_dagenham_1_2410140

It's on the papers there.  Did anyone from here leak his association with an ex-muslim forum?

'The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in rising everytime you fall'
     Reply #38 - September 12, 2013, 06:10 PM

I don't think I ever spoke to mchawking but it so sad to hear that someone so young had to get to a point where he thought there was not other options. RIP mchawking.

"Make anyone believe their own knowledge and logic is insufficient and you'll have a puppet susceptible to manipulation."
     Reply #39 - September 12, 2013, 06:11 PM

http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/news/update_man_found_dead_in_chigwell_named_locally_as_irtaza_hussain_21_from_dagenham_1_2410140

It's on the papers there.  Did anyone from here leak his association with an ex-muslim forum?

I don't think any of us have had dealings with the police...as in the staff?  that I am aware of :/

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #40 - September 12, 2013, 06:15 PM

He mentioned his association with this forum in the television show he was on.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #41 - September 12, 2013, 06:18 PM

None of the staff here leaked anything about him to any media outlet.
    The paper probably got it from the CEMB_Forum Twitter feed or Maryam's Twitter feed?

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • Re: Forum Anouncement: mchawking has passed away
     Reply #42 - September 12, 2013, 06:21 PM

He mentioned his association with this forum in the television show he was on.

And yes, he had himself chosen to affiliate with the Council of ExMuslims when he went on BBC The Big Questions last year.

Reply #43 - September 12, 2013, 06:27 PM

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification guys.

'The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in rising everytime you fall'
     Reply #44 - September 12, 2013, 06:32 PM

That was a quote from our twitter feed. People had been paying tribute to him on twitter. Nicky Campbell expressed his condolences too.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #45 - September 12, 2013, 07:11 PM

RIP, Irtaza.  Cry

I met him many times at events in London.  He always seemed very intelligent, genuine, brave, confident and opinionated.  He not only appeared on The Big Questions as an open ex-Muslim, but also asked a good question to Hamza Tzortzis during Q&A at the Krauss debate in London.  It is tragic that he died so young.  He had so much to offer to the world, and so much living to do.  He will be sorely missed.

far away hug

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #46 - September 12, 2013, 08:46 PM

to know that just before this happened he posted in the shoutbox, clearly in distress, and no one appeared to reply (on the shoutbox), and of course, neither did I. 

Thought the same thing.

Truly sad news, not much else I can say that hasn't already been said only that although I didn't know him personally, I admired him for his courage to go public and articulate his point of view on national television. People of this character are rare, we'll miss you Brave Mchawking.
     Reply #47 - September 13, 2013, 12:04 AM

Terrible. He died so young...I used to enjoy reading his posts although you could tell he had deep problems.

I'm just shocked to hear this...
     Reply #48 - September 13, 2013, 12:12 AM

It's hard to put into words the guilt I feel

Don't feel guilty, Miss Berbs. Really.

It's so heartbreaking to know that another member of this forum, has chosen to leave the world.

Yes. A wretched coincidence, or an even more wretched pattern?
     Reply #49 - September 13, 2013, 01:46 AM

So sad when some one uses their last courage to take such a decisive move.

I suppose it was nearly a year ago that I had a conversation of sorts with him about job searching in a bad economy. It was just a few words here and a few words there so as not to overpower his quietness. Nor pry on his willingness to speak.

I would try to comment on his music now and then. He posted some nice things that sounded like water. Before my seizure-ish was controled I had some good laughs over some of his music videos and I hope he laughed when I told him about it.

My believes allow for the thought that I will see him again.

I'm glad he posted that recent picture of his beautiful big brown eyes.

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #50 - September 13, 2013, 05:00 AM

Really sad to hear this. RIP Irtaza.

After seeing Irtaza's name mentioned on Twitter, I came to CEMB and find out he was mchawking here. I've been avoiding Atheism/Ex-Muslim stuff for a while now, but I remember upvoting one of mchawking's Reddit posts from my throwaway Atheist account last year. After logging into my old account today I found Irtaza's Reddit username, and it's still up with all his posts. Would it be inappropriate to post it here?

There was a post where Irtaza mentioned he had already attempted suicide, and some sad posts about his abusive parents and the way they treated him. He was only staying with his parents because he was having a hard time finding a good job, but he was working towards it. I'm not sure what led to his suicide, and I don't want to speculate, but I hope he had a quick and painless death.
     Reply #51 - September 13, 2013, 01:07 PM

Met Irteza a few times during the meetups, a couple of times the group chipped in to pay for his evening meals with us. Really he was a lovely guy, thought he was intellegent and trying hard to make something of himself.

So sad to hear the news.

And yes Ella agree, after my late husband passed, I learned that life is too short for arguments ...  not worth arguing or crossing someone for a long time because of trivial things... but we are all humans, something like this should bring us back to earth.

Teach us to care and not to care / Teach us to sit still.
    What do we live for; if it is not to make life less difficult to each other
    You are the music while the music lasts.
    T.S.Eliot
     Reply #52 - September 13, 2013, 01:48 PM

The BBC show that Irtaza appeared on contacted us and expressed their condolences.

Everyone on TBQ was so sad to hear about Irtaza's death. He was a lovely guy, so bright and articulate, he would have contributed so much.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #53 - September 13, 2013, 02:01 PM

Whatever his circumstances, I hope he realized how much he was liked and appreciated by so many.

Someone once gave me some advice a while back that if you like someone, be sure to let them know. I hope he knew.
     Reply #54 - September 13, 2013, 05:30 PM

Sad, sad news.  :(

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
     Reply #55 - September 13, 2013, 06:34 PM

I never knew Irtaza online or in real life, but coming across the news of his death, I felt it necessary to join this forum to pay my respects and give my condolences to those who knew him. From I can gather from his Twitter feed he was a very bright young man with a bright future ahead of him. Unfortunately circumstances in life played against him and he didn't see any light at the end of the tunnel.
     Reply #56 - September 13, 2013, 06:55 PM

I feel very saddened by this. It is especially sad to see the last comment he made on the shoutbox.
     Reply #57 - September 13, 2013, 07:00 PM

rest in peace mchawking
     Reply #58 - September 14, 2013, 12:34 AM

Really sad to hear this. RIP Irtaza.

After seeing Irtaza's name mentioned on Twitter, I came to CEMB and find out he was mchawking here. I've been avoiding Atheism/Ex-Muslim stuff for a while now, but I remember upvoting one of mchawking's Reddit posts from my throwaway Atheist account last year. After logging into my old account today I found Irtaza's Reddit username, and it's still up with all his posts. Would it be inappropriate to post it here?

There was a post where Irtaza mentioned he had already attempted suicide, and some sad posts about his abusive parents and the way they treated him. He was only staying with his parents because he was having a hard time finding a good job, but he was working towards it. I'm not sure what led to his suicide, and I don't want to speculate, but I hope he had a quick and painless death.

So tragic, he was so young. :( I can't imagine what his family is going through right now.

Did he post on reddit often? Maybe there should be a post made in the ex muslim section?

"In every religion there is love, yet love has no religion"

"The intellectual runs away, afraid of drowning; the whole business of love is to drown in the sea." - Rumi
     Reply #59 - September 14, 2013, 12:41 AM

I was at his funeral today.
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »