Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Who's gonna be the first to apostate, AbuYounus2 or Debunker?  (Voting closed: February 13, 2010, 06:24 PM)
  • AbuCommynus2 - 7 (30.4%)
  • DeFunkier - 16 (69.6%)
  • Total Voters: 23

Topic: Race to apostacy : AbuYounus2 or Debunker?

(Read 19138 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Race to apostacy : AbuYounus2 or Debunker?
     Reply #90 - February 14, 2010, 03:20 PM

I'd like to offer my congratulations to debunker, the worthy winner (astaghfirullah)

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #91 - February 14, 2010, 03:36 PM

Cheesy
     Reply #92 - February 14, 2010, 03:38 PM

Cheesy

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #93 - February 14, 2010, 03:43 PM

DeFunkier (you're new adopted name), next time you are in Manchester, let me buy you a pint and a bacon sandwich.

Would you like to take to the podium and make a speech to all those voters who took time out of their day to day lives in order to vote for you

Speech, Speech, Speech

cheers  piggy

Narcissist

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #94 - February 15, 2010, 11:58 AM

I'd like to offer my congratulations to debunker, the worthy winner (astaghfirullah)

TakeBeer!

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #95 - February 15, 2010, 12:18 PM

Cheesy That joke will never grow old with me..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #96 - February 15, 2010, 06:06 PM

I am doubtful about this; I think he can delude himself better than many Smiley

I voted for you, by the way.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #97 - February 15, 2010, 06:21 PM

I am doubtful about this; I think he can delude himself better than many Smiley

I voted for you, by the way.

You seen AbuYs account of embryology yet?

Credit where credits due- at least DB can see that surah for what it's worth, as opposed to an accurate scientific account by The Creator

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #98 - February 15, 2010, 06:27 PM

Abu Yunus and Debunker if you please I would like a tafsir on this verse. I want to know why it was revealed, what it's related to and what it means.

Shakir 9:81

Those who were left behind were glad on account of their sitting behind Allah's Apostle and they were averse from striving in Allah's way with their property and their persons, and said: Do not go forth in the heat. Say: The fire of hell is much severe in heat. Would that they understood (it).

(82) Therefore they shall laugh little and weep much as a recompense for what they earned.
     Reply #99 - February 15, 2010, 06:43 PM

You seen AbuYs account of embryology yet?

Credit where credits due- at least DB can see that surah for what it's worth, as opposed to an accurate scientific account by The Creator

I know that Abu's understanding of the Quranic embryology is wrong; and it is easy to show that to him. That will create a question in his mind and he will have to look for an answer to that question.

Debunker, on the other hand, has already accepted that there is no scientific miracles in the Quran. He already accepts that the conquest and slavery part in the Quran are not acceptable to him; and yet, he is steadfast in remaining a Muslim. Do you think such a person who has the ability to make acceptable to himself all the unacceptable things in a book can become an apostate? I don't think so.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #100 - February 15, 2010, 07:12 PM

I know that Abu's understanding of the Quranic embryology is wrong; and it is easy to show that to him. That will create a question in his mind and he will have to look for an answer to that question.

But that was one of his favourite verses, and he's a scientist.  And if had not questioned that already then not sure what difference invisible posters here will make when compared to his invisible sky god.

Debunker, on the other hand, has already accepted that there is no scientific miracles in the Quran. He already accepts that the conquest and slavery part in the Quran are not acceptable to him; and yet, he is steadfast in remaining a Muslim. Do you think such a person who has the ability to make acceptable to himself all the unacceptable things in a book can become an apostate? I don't think so.

Yes, because he asks himself questions and will not answer them unreliably to himself.  Whereas AbuY is happy to go on selecting the easier questions and ignoring the more difficult ones where he realises he could end up in a sticky situation.  

In my experience the people who are not bothered about living in cognitive dissonance, are the ones who tend to go on to become more & more religious (like my mum, bless) and vice versa.

P.S Nice to see you here periodically over from FFI - if I ever criticise FFI, rest assured you are not one of the types I am talking about.  

In fact what happened to the other guy from FFI who we havent seen for some time.  I forget his name, he was one of your more prolific posters and he wrote like a genius and was very eloquent  Huh?  I think he was involved in an argument about saudi history once and his avatar was off a black & white old picture of a boy in a suit I think?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #101 - February 16, 2010, 02:37 AM

But that was one of his favourite verses, and he's a scientist.  And if had not questioned that already then not sure what difference invisible posters here will make when compared to his invisible sky god.

Probably the fact that he has not questioned things properly makes his chances brighter if he starts questioning ever.

Yes, because he asks himself questions and will not answer them unreliably to himself.  Whereas AbuY is happy to go on selecting the easier questions and ignoring the more difficult ones where he realises he could end up in a sticky situation.

Imho, debunker should already be an apostate. He did it once, but reverted back; that reduces his chances.

In my experience the people who are not bothered about living in cognitive dissonance, are the ones who tend to go on to become more & more religious (like my mum, bless) and vice versa.

Human beings are pretty unpredictable; some would even claim that the more religious a person is, greater are the chances of them quitting their religion as they tend to veer to the extremes.

P.S Nice to see you here periodically over from FFI - if I ever criticise FFI, rest assured you are not one of the types I am talking about.  

Thanks, but I hope you realize that the atmosphere there is quite different from here and it is easy for either sides to criticize each other. Both the approaches might work for different types of people. Such criticisms are not very productive I think.

In fact what happened to the other guy from FFI who we havent seen for some time.  I forget his name, he was one of your more prolific posters and he wrote like a genius and was very eloquent  Huh?  I think he was involved in an argument about saudi history once and his avatar was off a black & white old picture of a boy in a suit I think?

I think you are talking of KhaliL Fariel. He has not logged in for a long time; I guess he might have got bored of all this.

Reply #102 - April 25, 2010, 03:59 PM

Are you looking for me dear IsLame? Smiley

I was taking a break from online activities to focus on a project. I  thnkyu a lot for your kind words and once my project is over, I will join you in the party here.
    Edit: I am still with FFI. I can't leave my home..LOL
     Reply #103 - April 25, 2010, 08:29 PM

dance Khalif The Legend.

I would like to hear your views on the recent culture within FFI, and whether you think its getting more extreme in its anti-muslim rhetoric. 

As a left wing pc liberal, what it is that draws you there rather than somewhere like here?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #104 - October 28, 2010, 09:59 PM

I've seen this thread around previously and I'm not sure exactly why, but I thought it's about time I stated what I've gained from being on here.

I was never a hardline muslim - so making the progression to a non-practcing Muslim, something I must attribute to my presence on this forum, for me wasn't so difficult. So for example I prayed very infrequently - I would only usually perform Isha (the night prayer) but not regularly but I always fasted and gave Zakaat. I was however very passionate about my faith and therefore would engage in debate about Islam. Of course these days I have a very non-literal, non-classical interpretation of Islam and believe it only belongs in the past.

The main reason for me adjusting my views was due to what a classical interpretation of the Qur'an says about people who do not beleive i.e. that they will be sentenced to torture in the afterlife. I had already apostated in my teens because of this very reason but I guess I craved faith and a meaning to life in my early twenties and decided to come back to religion. Although ignorance can be bliss, things were not always so comfortable for me. There were people I worked with etc. that I knew were good people and I found it difficult to come to terms with the fact that my religion says these people probably would be tortured in the afterlife for not beleiving. I felt an underlying guilt because of this and this caused me to distant myself from non-Muslims - not because I had any ill-feeling toward them (on the contrary I very much liked them) but because of the underlying guilt I felt. I was quite a reserved guy anyway to begin with - but this made it difficult for me to interact with anyone. People thought I was a pleasant guy but I think they always thought I was a bit odd for being so distant and even reclusive - but if I'm being honest I didn't mind. What ate away at me over the years however, is the fact when I saw a small non-Muslim child in the street, and then thought to myself this beautiful child will probably grow up as a non-beleiver and then go to hell - this was really difficult for me and generally quite upsetting.

Since I've changed my views regarding Islam, I no longer feel these things. I can speak more freely with the non-Muslims around me without feeling that inhibition or guilt. And I can walk down the street and smile at strangers - I smile at people more often now. So if I'm grateful to this forum for anything - it's that by engaging in discussion and debate it has forced me to address these beliefs and stop ignoring them. This has led me to radically change my beleifs and as a consequence relieved me of the divisive effects of classical Islam.

Has abu won the race?  grin12

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #105 - February 13, 2011, 04:50 PM

Seems like it

it's pretty much common knowledge now that i'm not really a muslim anymore so  

Reply #106 - February 13, 2011, 04:53 PM

Debunker for sure. AbuYunus.. the Musulman is strong with him.

AbuY is the winner  party!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #107 - February 13, 2011, 04:59 PM

Does abuyunus2 get a cool prize? grin12

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #108 - February 13, 2011, 05:01 PM

Give him a pack of felt tips
     Reply #109 - February 13, 2011, 05:03 PM

nah, a gold star will do.  grin12

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #110 - February 13, 2011, 05:15 PM

Now I bet Zakir Naik would apostatize before debunker. Who is with me on this? Tongue

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #111 - October 16, 2011, 11:02 PM

Wafa sultan and her anti-Islamic rhetoric  analyzed in detail. by mohielshennawi's Channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXmeusdh7BE&feature=fvwrel

watch all 5 parts.. I understand nothing .. it  is all in Arabic..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #112 - September 23, 2013, 02:42 PM

Let me pull this out on to top
    She says Muslims should apostate or they shall be *crushed*... whoever says this, is a whore.. anyway, the whore is not a member at FFI, is she?!

that is what that guy debunker said  about Wafa Sultan 2 years back..  and I said to him
    You don't read responses do you?  
    http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?p=91209#p91209

foul words are cheap..  Yes what Wafa said is right., Trust me they will be crushed..  She was not talking about Muslims BUT BRUTAL MUSLIMS who use Islam to achieve  political power with  Muscle  or Madrassa crowd.  

I wonder How debunker  is doing in that Sand land.. anyways.. Some one sent me this  tube on Wafa Sultan and what that RASCAL., the petty thief  said about her .. Let me put that here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD6pComLT-0

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Race to apostacy : AbuYounus2 or Debunker?
     Reply #113 - September 23, 2013, 03:48 PM

Lol just earlier I was told enough with the resurrection. Interesting vid.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »