Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: AMRIKAAA Land of Free ... We were bored so we decided to kill somebody...

(Read 72191 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • AMRIKAAA Land of Free ... We were bored so we decided to kill somebody...
     Reply #90 - December 30, 2013, 11:49 AM

It happens Eris. I really hate my country, but my last post had actually surprised me. I was defending my country Cheesy?!

So is your US hating an example of the unthinking crowd  following  the blind masses?
    Or part of your jihad?
    Or religious fervour of nationism?
    Or moment of insanity?

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #91 - December 30, 2013, 11:58 AM

Sorry, but that's taking it to the extreme :finmad:s! Criticising doesn't always equal hating, or secretly conspiring against the country to take it over and establish Shariah law there! Maybe you hate me because I live in an underdeveloped Muslim country? And when did US become immune to criticism? It's no longer the model country, and can't model countries be criticised? What happened to the freedom of speech here? And moment of insanity? I think you are suffering from nationalistic insanity, for a moment though. I am actually aggrieved to say that I didn't expect this from you Lynna.
     Reply #92 - December 30, 2013, 12:00 PM

It happens Eris. I really hate my country, but my last post had actually surprised me. I was defending my country Cheesy?!

Never said it was, more hoping it wouldn't become one. This forum isn't the place for it.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #93 - December 30, 2013, 12:08 PM

And I want to make a confession. I love US with all my heart, just like an American patriot should. It may sound hypocritical or preposterous, but that is the truth (and it has got nothing to do with me being an atheist). I didn't post all those facts of US that puts it in a negative light to shame it or enhance the reputation of Bangladesh. It's just that I felt for those people ostracised by the police, like they were my family. And before anyone starts saying that I love US because it is where I can get total freedom that my country lacks (and maybe secretly practise jihad), please know that there are other countries in the world where I can get similar freedom.
     Reply #94 - December 30, 2013, 01:09 PM

Yeah I can have my moment.
    All freedoms come with responsibilities.
    Freedom of speach not the least among them.
    The whole world for rhe most part is falling to pieces.
    I live in a poor economically depressed part of the rural US. It's just been in the last year I could have internet on my house (except on cellphone). 20 years ago when I moved here many people didn't have telephone service at their house because the cost of wiring. There are people in this area my age who remember when their childhood home got indoor plumbing. More roads are then surfaced. Just in lst 3 to 4 years laws have been passed that prevents illegal resients from getting free and low cost medical care. This has been a great help to citizen. Yeap sad for the illegals that loose out. But instead of the world talking trash about the US they need to be talkig trash about their own troubles. I dont know who decided the US sh poo uld be the model. It can just be a touch irritating to have people that have enough trouble of their own talk trash about a country that give their country aid to the detriment of it's citizens. Well if your that disappointed in the US petition your government to not take any more aid.

Reply #95 - December 30, 2013, 02:34 PM

Yeah I can have my moment.
    All freedoms come with responsibilities.
    Freedom of speach not the least among them.
    The whole world for rhe most part is falling to pieces.
    I live in a poor economically depressed part of the rural US. It's just been in the last year I could have internet on my house (except on cellphone). 20 years ago when I moved here many people didn't have telephone service at their house because the cost of wiring. There are people in this area my age who remember when their childhood home got indoor plumbing. More roads are then surfaced. Just in lst 3 to 4 years laws have been passed that prevents illegal resients from getting free and low cost medical care. This has been a great help to citizen. Yeap sad for the illegals that loose out. But instead of the world talking trash about the US they need to be talkig trash about their own troubles. I dont know who decided the US sh poo uld be the model. It can just be a touch irritating to have people that have enough trouble of their own talk trash about a country that give their country aid to the detriment of it's citizens.

Lynna .. Police Officer ..That was me who started the thread with that heading AMRIKAAA Land of Free ., and please read the posts of that RASACL yeezevee and put him on trial .. Rubaya is innocent don't put her in jail because the crime is committed by some one else.

Well if your that disappointed in the US petition your government to not take any more aid.

well yuo know that petitions don't work in those lands and I don't think they work in US of A., We know what happened to Al Gore..,     US citizens  or US government  can do something  or do petition  petition so they  can  stop loaning these nations rulers  through IMF and world bank which AMRIKAA OWNS  and the money comes back to west through theses  leaders of these nations who buy villas with swimming pools and buy the building of half of that Manhatton   Lynna. Off course that IMF loan money has to b be paid back by the common man of those nations by who pay heavy taxes  on consumer goods like bread, butter and milk.

Well they are no win situation Lynna .. America and Americans must lead and help and and also take the blame from rascals like yeezevee..  Cheesy

So let us cool down a bit My problem is Crime inside America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-q_DMdW1QQ

look at that tube ha ! my goodness

Freedom of speach not the least among them... Noo Noo Freedom of speech can not have restrictions..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #96 - December 30, 2013, 03:23 PM

I don't care whether my country take aids from US or not. I am neither for it nor against it. Any individual, from any country, of any beliefs can point out the negativities of any country. I am not blind to the faults of my country. I have previously mentioned that I love US and all the stuff that's going on now really hurts me. It had just lost its past glory. And if I start talking trash about my country, I will remind you of Bahira Omar's never ending posts. So, I won't do that.
     Reply #97 - December 30, 2013, 03:48 PM

I stick with my opinions that US is in many ways like Bangladesh.

I'm no great defender of the US or the US economic system, but even I find this to be gross hyperbole. 
     Reply #98 - December 30, 2013, 11:17 PM

I don't care whether my country take aids from US or not. I am neither for it nor against it. Any individual, from any country, of any beliefs can point out the negativities of any country. I am not blind to the faults of my country. I have previously mentioned that I love US and all the stuff that's going on now really hurts me. It had just lost its past glory. And if I start talking trash about my country, I will remind you of Bahira Omar's never ending posts. So, I won't do that.

No you don't need to
    "BASH & DASH BANGLADESH"
    You don't need to do that any more then there needs to be endless I hate America topic. You could pick out any country in the world and start riping them apart for something.
    THE US' s FORMER GLORY?Huh? 
    What kind of fictitious ideal is that?
    Was it when it developing nuclear power enstead of solar?
    Was it during segregation?
    Was it when it was creating tremendous wealth at the cost of the ecological well being of the world?
    Kind of like the UK's former glory when it created great wealth at the cost of it's colonies?
    Kind of like the awesome glorious building projects of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates at the cost of very cheap (almost slaves) from SE Asia?
    For every government of mankind that becomes glorious for some reason some body is paying a big price. I'm not in to the media fantasy of the glory days of any body or any nation. There is always another side of the story. The real peoples account and you need to listen very carefully to hear it.
    Rubaya,
    You want to be all hurt now.
    There's a saying in America,  "if ypu can't take it don't dish it out." What it means is if you want to bad mouth someone they just might bad mouth you back. So be careful.  Are you ready to take back what you've given some one else.
    You were sorry for the family who's son was toting a replica assault rifle?  Yes, that was sad.
    It is also sad that each year injury or lose of life will occur to approximately 700 LE and Correctional workers  in the line of their work.
    So you're neither for or agonist your country receiving aid?
    I don't know if they are anymore but Appalachian Mountains families and the Navajo Nation use to be able to get UNICEF aid. I thought that was damn awesome. But you know what? The literature that was pubished in the US did show those places as donation options. I only know about it because I lived outside the US and when I had family living outside the US. I suppose I could find it online if I look but it hadn't been high on my list. Maybe Yeezevee will find it.
    Anyhow I've got to go now.
    But if you want to compare ideas,:tell your side of the account, hear another side let me know.
    If you want to sling mud sometimes I want to sling it back let me know.

Reply #99 - December 31, 2013, 03:01 AM

By former glory I meant when there were influential people who had ended slavery and fought for the rights of black people. By former glory I had also meant that a certain pious Muslim I know wasn't fired after 9/11, when other non-Muslims were. Even his neighbours had reported to the police that he and his family were good, when they had thrown an iftar party. Who had started the mud slinging thing by calling me a secretly practising jihadist? I have said before that I don't care whether my country receives aids from yours or not. It depends on the mood of the US government, one time going against our separation from Pakistan and another time aiding us. Don't bring the Middle East here. I am more allergic to it than a snake. And don't tell me that the Native Americans are treated equally like the colonists. Yes, you have to pay a huge price for your glory, even for opening your mouth against a country in an Internet forum. You seem to disagree with everything I say, whether I say US is no longer good or it was indeed a model nation. I also don't fall for the media hype often, those are just my personal opinions, and I can't express them? No matter how much I avoid a clash, you end up wanting to throw more mud at me! What's wrong with you? Why aren't you calling Yeezevee a secret Muslim? You are always welcome to bash me and make a dash. But I am not interested. It's a waste of time.
     Reply #100 - December 31, 2013, 03:05 AM

@Three
    Oh, I thought it was you I had read referring to Americans as Amerikki. Children speaking Turkish and something else.  Perhaps that was by way of your husband or something.

Then the reference to someone as a felon if they have o nly been in a county jail or detention center isn't correct. That person was only convinced of a misdemeanor. "Ex-con" possibly. "Has been in jail" most likely.
    It's rather easy to not someone for so many reasons. I suppose it may be a step but I doubt it will pass. A employer/business owners legal rights and responsibility when it comes to the public they serve will give them the right to know about who they employ.
    Not that I necessarily agree. There is the thought "you've done your time you've paid for your crime." Yes to a certain extent. When I was a child my Dad would always say, "It takes all your life to build an excellent reputation and only a few minutes to ruin it." That is also true to a certain extent. That one scare is hard to over come. I suppose because I know so many men's account I could really see it both ways. For example do you want a man with a long history of violent physical assaults mowing the lawn  and triming trees at your park? I'm not sure that man needs that job. A man lthat looses his temper that much working with sharp tools around children and old people. Maybe he even beat a few people while in prison for a extra dinner tray for the week. Don't you want to know if that man is working at the park where your children play or the school they attend. How about if you are the owner of an electronics store. You have a lot of merchandise that could easily be sold on Craig's list or the swap meet. Wouldn't you want to know that people you were hiring were very honest and didn't have tights with people inclined to dealing in merchandise that didn't belong to them.
    On the other hand there the man who's basically on the street as a teen because his mom remarried the step father was a drinker and beat him. So he gets involved in drinking, fighting and theft on a rather regular bases. So, he's spent sometime 8n the city jail. He's in front judge once again out of work drinkijg, fighting,  destruction of property. The judge gives him 2 yrs in prison'  While he's there he has a job, gets hos diploma, learns a tade doesn't hang with gangs,:completes an anger management class. Makes some real changes in his life
     Should he have to continue to live with the stigma of having been in prison.  Probably not.
    How though do you male a system that can fot thousands of needs fairly.  Let me tell you there are people that will think that unstable violent guy is just fine around your choldren not theirs. Then they'll be looking for someone else to blame when everything goes wrong.

No Lynna. He is a felon. With a felony conviction, and no prison time, enough in jail. He is a nice boy, one drunken mistake and no one got hurt but him. He is my babysitter. I have known him since he was a child, and I cannot say that about very many people.
    I do not think in English all the time, nor speak it exclusively, though I do try.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #101 - December 31, 2013, 07:41 AM

No Lynna. He is a felon. With a felony conviction, and no prison time, enough in jail. He is a nice boy, one drunken mistake and no one got hurt but him. He is my babysitter. I have known him since he was a child, and I cannot say that about very many people.
    I do not think in English all the time, nor speak it exclusively, though I do try.

Maybe he is very fortunate man who gets to serve felony time at a jail. I've only done a very little county detention center work. Really perfer prisons for working at.

Reply #102 - December 31, 2013, 02:23 PM

I am sure prisons are run more efficiently. I don't know how lucky he is to have served his time in Detroit, though. There are much better places to do it. In my town the sheriff's wife bakes the inmates goodies and casseroles, which is a bit much, but it's a small town, and probably she cannot help it. I have a baking problem, too.

Reply #103 - December 31, 2013, 04:20 PM

I am sure prisons are run more efficiently. I don't know how lucky he is to have served his time in Detroit, though. There are much better places to do it. In my town the sheriff's wife bakes the offenders goodies and casseroles, which is a bit much, but it's a small town, and probably she cannot help it. I have a baking problem, too.

Hummm...sounds like an interesting situation. Food is an issue among the things that a facility might be rated on
    If the Sheriff runs the place opposed to the city police that would seem to make it a county detention center opposed to a jail no matter how small your town is. Sometimes it's just hard tell what place is unless your looking at I for classification and placement because the names are often used loosely. 
    Do you know how the facilities are classified in your state?
    I've just found that county detention centers are less likely to have the education and job training programs of a prison. This is simple due to the fact the county dentention centers dial with a more transit and smaller population. In the case of the county jail as you say where the sheriff's wife bakes goodies and casserole would have to be absolutely tiny.
    The town I live near is population less then 6,000 but also happens to be the county set so is the location of the county detention center. The offender population on an on going basis is to large to make it convenient to cook for them in a home kitchen.
    So does your friend choose to be a babysitter because it is so easy for felons to get jobs? I'm not trying to be unfeeling. Just trying see your point in this. You started by saying people just don't look at criminal history. Perhaps babysitter is a differ type job in your area. Here it's a job on the way to something else. So that he is a baby sitter would seem to support my point better job are hard to get  On get out of prison most of the offender end up em0loyed by family or friends.

Reply #104 - December 31, 2013, 04:32 PM

Hummm...sounds like an interesting situation. Food is an issue among the things that a facility might be rated on
    If the Sheriff runs the place opposed to the city police that would seem to make it a county detention center opposed to a jail no matter how small your town is. Sometimes it's just hard tell what place is unless your looking at I for classification and placement because the names are often used loosely. 
    Do you know how the facilities are classified in your state?
    I've just found that county detention centers are less likely to have the education and job training programs of a prison. This is simple due to the fact the county dentention centers dial with a more transit and smaller population. In the case of the county jail as you say where the sheriff's wife bakes goodies and casserole would have to be absolutely tiny.
    The town I live near is population less then 6,000 but also happens to be the county set so is the location of the county detention center. The offender population on an on going basis is to large to make it convenient to cook for them in a home kitchen.
    So does your friend choose to be a babysitter because it is so easy for felons to get jobs? I'm not trying to be unfeeling. Just trying see your point in this. You started by saying people just don't look at criminal history. Perhaps babysitter is a differ type job in your area. Here it's a job on the way to something else. So that he is a baby sitter would seem to support my point better job are hard to get  On get out of prison most of the offender end up em0loyed by family or friends.

The local jail is also the county jail, I am sure. At my company, if you write down your offense and the circumstances, we might hire you. Especially if you are not afraid to work hard. I did not say people do not look at criminal history, I am saying there is less of a social stigma now in being a felon, because there are many more felons than there used to be. They are not mythical boogey men anymore, they are your neighbors. Many states are moving towards it being illegal to discriminate against felons unless their crime is considered negatively in light of the position being offered. You can look up Ban The Box to see what is driving this.
    Better jobs are hard to get, everywhere. But sometimes hard workers are difficult to find, especially in physically demanding jobs. Remember when we could not get anyone to harvest the fields in Alabama/Georgia (can't remember which) when the immigrants fled the state? People would quit after a half a day. Some fields are having problems getting filled, and are abandoning the box disbarment.
    He is a babysitter, for me, because our families are long term friends, and I have trouble leaving my children with strangers. He does not do this for anyone else.

Reply #105 - January 01, 2014, 03:50 AM

Quote from: three
    The local jail is also the county jail, I am sure.

Oh yeah if the sheriff runs it. Not really a main point.
    At my company, if you write down your offense and the circumstances, we might hire you. Especially if you are not afraid to work hard. I did not say people do not look at criminal history, I am saying there is less of a social stigma now in being a felon, because there are many more felons than there used to be. They are not mythical boogey men anymore, they are your neighbors

EXACTLY>>> " We might hire you."
    Perhaps and I hope you work for one of the companies that actively seeks to change the situation for men and women getting out of prison. There are some companies that do actively work with prisons to offer offenders employment when they are released or trial employment during work release programs. Other companies at less don't contribute to the problem of difficult reentry into the community. There  are however companies that only loosely disguiising their descrimination

Many states are moving towards it being illegal to discriminate against felons unless their crime is considered negatively in light of the position being offered.

I think it has been illegal to discriminate against someone solely on the grounds of their criminal history for quite sometime. My point however was it is WAY TO EASY to make it out to be something else. Lack of recent work history would be the first thing to come to my mind. But it could be any number of other things. 
    One of the things we emphasise in explanning why there are regulations against tattoos is that in future prison tats on the face, neck, hands, and forearms may influence an employer to not hire them. (Totally amazes to me that is more of a concern to some then the possibility of infection. I've seen horeible staph as well as gangrene)
    If they're of the sort that really want a tat they don't care about any of that or that the needle to make the tat gun is contraband and will add time to their sentence.

You can look up Ban The Box to see what is driving this.

Are you and your friend active supporters of this movement? Or is it just something you know about in passing?

Better jobs are hard to get, everywhere. But sometimes hard workers are difficult to find, especially in physically demanding jobs. Remember when we could not get anyone to harvest the fields in Alabama/Georgia (can't remember which) when the immigrants fled the state? People would quit after a half a day. Some fields are having problems getting filled, and are abandoning the box disbarment.

I don't think farm labor is an area of employment where there would be a lot of discrimination against criminal history with the exception of crimes against nature and grand  larceny (large livestock). I don't know for sure those were just what I could think of right off. These also aren't high demand jobs every where.  Anyhow a place to start from. All the prisons in my state offer vocational education. Not all locations have the same programs so men try to get accepted to different places. Must have good behavior be advancing levels not be a discipline problem.
    He is a babysitter, for me, because our families are long term friends, and I have trouble leaving my children with strangers. He does not do this for anyone else.

Yes that is what I said so many, many men are dependent on getting their first job when they get out from family or friends. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Family and friends should be the first line of acceptance and support. However it can't stop there the rest of the community and society must also arrive.  Also way to many young men are from broken homes or foster homes. So those either that family needs help to help them the man when he gets out or there is anyone one to help him.

Anyhow thanks for your time Three.
    I know you don't need any thanks for helping your friend but I'm always thankful when I hear of someone getting support and doing well when they get out.

Reply #106 - January 05, 2014, 05:20 AM

I think it has been illegal to discriminate against someone solely on the grounds of their criminal history for quite sometime.

Not necessarily.  It's still legal to deny people employment and voting rights based on their felony status, in most states anyway as far as I know.
     Reply #107 - January 05, 2014, 06:15 AM

Not necessarily.  It's still legal to deny people employment and voting rights based on their felony status, in most states anyway as far as I know.

Once they've served their time?
    It would be interesting to see the law that would actually say it's legal. My point however is that it's difficult to prove that a person was denied employment solely on the grounds of criminal history.
    Voting once a person is released I've never heard of any restrictions. But truthfully have never given it much attention. Voting while a person is in prison I've never even thought about. I've no idea.  I guess that's something I need to find out about.

Reply #108 - January 05, 2014, 01:32 PM

There are lots of different laws on voting as a felon. Only two states will allow absentee voting from prison.
    Some will let you when you get out.
    Some will let you after your parole.
    Twelve will deny you the vote forever.

Reply #109 - January 05, 2014, 02:36 PM

There are lots of different laws on voting as a felon. Only two states will allow absentee voting from prison.
    Some will let you when you get out.
    Some will let you after your parole.
    Twelve will deny you the vote forever.

Hummm....Interesting I've never heard an offender voice a complaint on this issue. Perhaps the state where I live is one in which it isn't a problem.
    Since just a few moments ago when I read EzreJT's post is the first time I've given this amy thought  I haven't any firmly formed thoughts on the matter. I suppose because I thought it wasn't a problem anyplace because I'd never heard of it I would think it wasn't right to lose a right of citizenship. Then you could get into things like what if the person is a lifer or on death row pr in a mental health facility.  I don't know probably not  an easy issue .

Reply #110 - January 05, 2014, 05:38 PM

felon................   prison. ........................

Hmmmm Felons and Prisons  .... AMRICA ..... money..... salaries.. families ....mates..... and husbands....

well I am going to change the direction of this thread a bit..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXLTb5hqrg4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL6uVLfKRoo

and..and read your responses

Reply #111 - January 05, 2014, 08:35 PM

You want to steer this towards racism and marriage, the availability and desirability of men?

No one in my family, save my father, has married another with the same ethnic background as ours. I don't see why anyone would choose a spouse based on ethnicity, or have a problem with interracial or intercultural marriages. Marry for other reasons, not for pigmentation, who cares anymore about skin tone? Doesn't a man's personality matter far more to a woman? More than money? Why would you marry for looks? What are you going to do when those are gone, or there is an accident affecting those preferred looks? Walk away? Please, people. Who cares about looks. Don't do it for that.

As for women not being able to find men that are successful, I had a friend who complained of the same thing. She joined some ritzy dating service with a hefty fee, and married a man she met through them a year later. But she was older, had never tried to find a husband before. Maybe matchmakers should make a comeback. Maybe people are too picky, when they get rich. I will never know. I will never become rich, because I keep forgetting to buy my lottery ticket. Cannot win if you do not play.

I did make a point last week to a progressive Muslim that practicing Muslim women are always going to have it tough in the West, since Muslim men can and do marry of three faiths, and Muslim women can only marry men of one faith, you would think the odds would be against them on their home turf.
    But that is about religion...

So, is that enough commentary for you, my friend, Yeezevee?

Reply #112 - January 05, 2014, 09:16 PM

You want to steer this towards racism and marriage, the availability and desirability of men?

Rascal has ulterior motives three... lol..,

but human race walked  through that mess for a long time and it is still out there.. Certain thing we have to attack head-on three., Well this is an international forum So I thought to  stir the pot a bit so If something like that come in personal  life  readers will be equipped to think it over.
    No one in my family, save my father, has married another with the same ethnic background as ours. I don't see why anyone would choose a spouse based on ethnicity, or have a problem with interracial or intercultural marriages. Marry for other reasons, not for pigmentation, who cares anymore about skin tone? Doesn't a man's personality matter far more to a woman? More than money? Why would you marry for looks? What are you going to do when those are gone, or there is an accident affecting those preferred looks? Walk away? Please, people. Who cares about looks. Don't do it for that.

beautiful words I can literally put them in to any so-called  religious scriptural books ..lol
    I did make a point last week to a progressive Muslim that practicing Muslim women are always going to have it tough in the West, since Muslim men can and do marry of three faiths, and Muslim women can only marry men of one faith, you would think the odds would be against them on their home turf.
    But that is about religion...

well grand father converted and married a wonderful Shia Muslim lady with a father who was hero of Islam ., It is fun to live life in a mixed religious family if every one respects other's religion .. Zebras are beautiful animals
    So, is that enough commentary for you, my friend, Yeezevee?

absolutely., your comments are always very thought provoking  

Reply #113 - January 06, 2014, 05:55 AM

Thanks for changing the course of this thread.
    I think most here are aware of my mix ethic and religious background. Also that I have 4 absolutely awesome rainbow grandchildren. Perhaps what is less known is that the now religious Lynna was not so in my younger years and wasn't married to my children's fathers. (Yeah that's what I said) I have in fact never been married although I'd very much like to be.

There perhaps are many issues involved in this that aren't racial on the level of the pigment of our skin but on the level of  our cultural thoughts and attitudes. That are perhaps in some ways a little universal.

The video showed black women who had set a certain exspectation for a marriage that was perhaps unrealistic. There are also white, Hispanic and oriental women who have done the same. The video however pointed to a unique problem for black women that is the number of black males that might be  appealing to professional black women. I in fact had a black women point this out to me when my daughter (mixed mostly white/Indian) married her husband (mixed white/black/indian). She had been a friend of my until this. Her point "White women think they can just take the best black men cause your better then us." I'm thinking, "Say what!?!"  She knew my father and the circumstance of my grandfather. She knew that I myself had never been unfair or exclusive in my friendships.  Her point seemed to be based on the fact that my son in law has a masters degree and married my daughter only a highschool grad. That he would have never accepted so little in a black woman but he took less to get a white woman. I would say this totally over looked that my daughter was a very successful dance instructor and we worked together for her to have her own studio by the time she was 18 that could be counted as to her abilities. Also that she had many other good qualities (as does anyone else) that can't be accounted for by what type degree they recieve at which highly rated school.
    My friend who I lost in this situation was unchangeable in her anger about the situation of my daughters marriages. I think her feelings were so deeply seated in her thought pattern and what she had heard from youth onward that it would be very difficult for her to see another way. Anyhow she was unwilling to continue her friendship with me.
    Perhaps she saw it as the loss of a possible good husband for her daughter who was is college. My now son in law would not have been interested in her daughter for marriage because of religious and cultural differences  made it a nonissue.  Her feelings were strong perhaps because of women she know who were unable to find husbands.

I however have know women of all ethnic backgrounds that have not had an easy time finding a good husband.

Reply #114 - January 06, 2014, 11:02 AM

Thanks for changing the course of this thread.

Huh? I failed .. I failed miserably..  Cry The goal was stirring the pot,  pushing the people to corner and making them bit angry.. and what do I get in response?   thanks  ...  finmad
    [quote]I think most here are aware of my mix ethic and religious background. Also that I have 4 absolutely awesome rainbow grandchildren. Perhaps what is less known is that the now religious Lynna was not so in my younger years and wasn't married to my children's fathers. (Yeah that's what I said) I have in fact never been married although I'd very much like to be.[/quote]

There perhaps are many issues involved in this that aren't racial on the level of the pigment of our skin but on the level of  our cultural thoughts and attitudes. That are perhaps in some ways a little universal.

The video showed black women who had set a certain exspectation for a marriage that was perhaps unrealistic. There are also white, Hispanic and oriental women who have done the same. The video however pointed to a unique problem for black women that is the number of black males that might be  appealing to professional black women. I in fact had a black women point this out to me when my daughter (mixed mostly white/Indian) married her husband (mixed white/black/indian). She had been a friend of my until this. Her point "White women think they can just take the best black men cause your better then us." I'm thinking, "Say what!?!"  She knew my father and the circumstance of my grandfather. She knew that I myself had never been unfair or exclusive in my friendships.  Her point seemed to be based on the fact that my son in law has a masters degree and married my daughter only a highschool grad. That he would have never accepted so little in a black woman but he took less to get a white woman. I would say this totally over looked that my daughter was a very successful dance instructor and we worked together for her to have her own studio by the time she was 18 that could be counted as to her abilities. Also that she had many other good qualities (as does anyone else) that can't be accounted for by what type degree they recieve at which highly rated school.
    My friend who I lost in this situation was unchangeable in her anger about the situation of my daughters marriages. I think her feelings were so deeply seated in her thought pattern and what she had heard from youth onward that it would be very difficult for her to see another way. Anyhow she was unwilling to continue her friendship with me.

Perhaps she saw it as the loss of a possible good husband for her daughter who was is college. My now son in law would not have been interested in her daughter for marriage because of religious and cultural differences  made it a nonissue.  Her feelings were strong perhaps because of women she know who were unable to find husbands.

I however have know women of all ethnic backgrounds that have not had an easy time finding a good husband.

I see gods,  goddesses  and godliness in the actions of some folks.  You are a wonderful and strong person Lynna.,   keep that way..

with best wishes and happy new year
    yeezevee

Reply #115 - January 06, 2014, 03:29 PM

Oh, no Yeezevee you haven't failed.

Failing is when you never try again. It is when you just stop moving as if you are dead without the breath of life.

I think this failimg will never happen to you as long as you have the breath of life in you and could only use a special adapted keyboard by blowing on it. You will find another topic and post it just to see what happens. You're not a miserable failure. Even if someone thinks a single thought because you posted something you made some success.

You after all are famous world wide for perhaps having made it on every forum ever existing. That isn't the accomplishment of a miserable failure.

Somebody may yet come along that have some sort of segregationalist views but it won't be a regular here. It would be someone passing by or a troll. Then I'd just say....

"Did you know Adam and Eve must have been a "mixed race" couple because all the genetic information for all the normal human variations had to have existed in them"

Then most would take their corner. ...

"Lynna Huh? You believe....

Reply #116 - January 06, 2014, 03:36 PM

Oh yes and we forget the racist troll.

Reply #117 - January 06, 2014, 03:46 PM

Exactly. Forget him.

Reply #118 - January 06, 2014, 04:14 PM

who me??  please don't forget me..  

So what is US doing now a days..?  It is shivering in cold and America Left IraQ  and what do we have now?? getting worse and worse ? or getting better and better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxzoosDbmwc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvsi_bZoTRw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06X7h0Qng78

That is Iraq., and Where is Afghanistan? what is happening in Syria? It is funny., America spends its money, its soldiers and..and then every  one blames America. .

Reply #119 - January 08, 2014, 05:23 AM

who me??  please don't forget me..  

Oh no no Yeezevee.  You're not the racist troll. The "racist troll" is just someone I memtioned MIGHT show up to make an argument for that topic. Here there is good understanding of differences in appearance. We know it is just hurtful to judge someone on something they have no choice over and can not change. I just said to forget the racist troll becaise if you don't feed a troll it will shrivel up and disappear.
    Quote from: yeezevee
    So what is US doing now a days..?  It is shivering in cold and...

Yesterday was very cold at my place. But not as cold as Mars. The high day time temperature was 20 degrees Fahrenheit before factoring for wind chill. I don't know how cold that was. Skin hurts just being outside if not sheltered from the wind. Good thing for people with good winter clothes and boots.

Quote from: yeezevee
    .... America Left IraQ  and what do we have now?? getting worse and worse ? or getting better and better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxzoosDbmwc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvsi_bZoTRw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06X7h0Qng78

That is Iraq., and Where is Afghanistan? what is happening in Syria? It is funny., America spends its money, its soldiers and..and then every  one blames America. .

Perhaps Yeezevee. The videos you selected make it look as if things are much worse.
    Do you think it is just in the nature of people to try to blame problems on some one else enstead of admitting their own part? After all if something isn't your fault that would release you from the responsibility of doing anything about it.
    It's a tangled mess. For many  generations or more some men have wanted more power and some have wanted to hold on to the power they have. Some of mankind have wanted outrageous luxury and care not if others bearly have enough to stay a live. It may even be okay to be outrageously wealthy. It however is not okay[/u] to be outrageously wealthy at the cost of the health and well being of other people
    When do you think people will figure out  that no one wins in war except the companies that sale ammunition to both sides?
    Not America or any other government can make the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan or Syria or any place else stop unless the minds of all the people could be changed so that they no longer hated or were greedy or unfair or unjust. Just because some one or some country has invested at great cost in some cause does mean they should continue if it proves to be they have wasted their valuable things for those who couldn't care less a sacrifice of great value was made on their behalf. 

• Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »