Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Debate challenge

(Read 25374 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #60 - August 16, 2013, 07:30 PM

this debate is sexy

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Debate challenge
     Reply #61 - August 17, 2013, 10:44 PM

mysmilie_977
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #62 - August 17, 2013, 10:59 PM

The saddest part is, using the quran I know it won't be long before I have to resort to just threatening her with hell for not agreeing.
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #63 - August 18, 2013, 04:47 AM

It's fine, she's a junglist. yes
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #64 - August 18, 2013, 09:37 PM

happymurtad is so damn convincing with his lies that I'm considering reverting.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #65 - August 18, 2013, 09:41 PM

Cheesy

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #66 - August 19, 2013, 01:35 PM

Good first rebuttal. I'll need a bit of time to think.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #67 - August 19, 2013, 05:45 PM

Hmm, my response is already quite long. I might have to cut it prematurely.

• Debate challenge
     Reply #68 - August 19, 2013, 05:55 PM

I had to do the same thing. Save some ammunition. Grin
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #69 - August 19, 2013, 06:06 PM

any good Muslim would have linked to a Zakir Naik video and insisted that it refutes their opponent by now.

Pull your socks up
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #70 - August 19, 2013, 08:55 PM

Side note: This is the stage when the Qur’an turns remarkably ugly. For the purposes of this debate I’ve read through it more in the last several days than I have in quite some time, and I must say that it is a remarkably vile, low quality, evasive, and assumptive jumble of bully tactics and intimidation. Allah really sucks at arguing a point—remarkably so. I’m struggling to figure out how I’m going to make the Qur’an sound anywhere near intelligent here. This verse pretty much sums its main position and premis:

“And say, "The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." Indeed, We have prepared for the wrongdoers a fire whose walls will surround them. And if they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like murky oil, which scalds [their] faces. Wretched is the drink, and evil is the resting place.”

But, I’m going to stay true to my introduction and argue as faithfully as possible to the rhetoric of the Qur’an. Here’s where it gets fun.
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #71 - August 19, 2013, 09:08 PM

Akhi, it is sad to hear that your iman is low.

“And say, "The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." Indeed, We have prepared for the wrongdoers a fire whose walls will surround them. And if they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like murky oil, which scalds [their] faces. Wretched is the drink, and evil is the resting place.”

This is not quran. These are English letters, and English words. Quran is Arabic. This verse is a linguistic miracle and a half.

If you have doubts, please view these scholars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Dllu42eEA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9VrLwaClSo

• Debate challenge
     Reply #72 - August 20, 2013, 09:21 AM

Every time I see dawah man I am at the same time amused and depressed. Anyone else experience this?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #73 - August 22, 2013, 03:11 PM

Ishina, I’d like to personally apologize to you in advance for the garbage I’m about to post on the debate thread. Grin

I don’t think there is any other direction that a genuinely Qur’anic argument could take.
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #74 - August 23, 2013, 12:47 AM

I just had an idea. I should take the debate and change the names, then post it on an Islamic forum with a title like "Muslim Demolishes Atheist in God Debate" Then, when all the muslims with their prejudices and confirmation biases start agreeing with me, I should reveal that I'm an atheist too and point out all the flaws in my own arguments. (Rubs hands together and does evil laugh.)  Cheesy
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #75 - August 23, 2013, 01:44 AM

DO IT!

Don't read all those science books bro, you'll just get more confused.

That's funny. The more science I read, the less confused I get.
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #76 - August 23, 2013, 03:46 AM

+1

fuck you
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #77 - August 23, 2013, 04:23 AM

yes, I approve

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #78 - August 23, 2013, 04:32 AM

I just had an idea. I should take the debate and change the names, then post it on an Islamic forum with a title like "Muslim Demolishes Atheist in God Debate" Then, when all the muslims with their prejudices and confirmation biases start agreeing with me, I should reveal that I'm an atheist too and point out all the flaws in my own arguments. (Rubs hands together and does evil laugh.)  Cheesy

This is the most beautiful thing i've ever read. I actually laughed so hard that I fell out of my chair  Cheesy

Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.

Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure.
    - George Carlin
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #79 - August 25, 2013, 12:05 PM

Ishina, I’d like to personally apologize to you in advance for the garbage I’m about to post on the debate thread. Grin

Well, there are a couple of good questions in there. Ones that I'd like to put some thought to and answer at length.

• Debate challenge
     Reply #80 - August 25, 2013, 03:32 PM

Yeah but you have to beat Ishina first and she has truth on her side.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #81 - August 25, 2013, 03:36 PM

It was an unfair set up to begin with. Grin

• Debate challenge
     Reply #82 - September 03, 2013, 10:46 PM

I'll get back to this when I've got more time if that's ok. I'm all wrapped up in this film school stuff at the moment.

• Debate challenge
     Reply #83 - September 04, 2013, 01:42 AM

Watching movies and droppin molly? Sounds tough.

fuck you
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #84 - September 04, 2013, 02:28 AM

I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.

• Debate challenge
     Reply #85 - September 04, 2013, 02:30 AM

grin12

fuck you
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #86 - September 04, 2013, 08:08 AM

Just caught up with it. Cool thread.

One thing I find amusing is the way some peope think an explanation for the origin of the universe, or whatever framework the universe exists within, has to be intellectually satisfying. It'd be nice if it was, but I have a feeling that it never will be, simply because it's an area where our sense of logic, which has evolved to deal with a very restricted set of circumstances, is likely to be completely out of its depth.

It's fairly obvious that the available options are going to be a/ infinite regress or b/ uncaused first cause or c/ it will be something we find literally and permanently incomprehensible. None of these are exactly intellectually satisfying, but I'm not sure if there are any other options.

Side note: This is the stage when the Qur’an turns remarkably ugly. For the purposes of this debate I’ve read through it more in the last several days than I have in quite some time, and I must say that it is a remarkably vile, low quality, evasive, and assumptive jumble of bully tactics and intimidation. Allah really sucks at arguing a point—remarkably so. I’m struggling to figure out how I’m going to make the Qur’an sound anywhere near intelligent here.

All; of that pretty much sums up why I never managed to read the whole thing. I did make a start on it, but I thought it was such a terrible book that it simply wasn't worth persevering with. Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #87 - September 04, 2013, 01:16 PM

Os spotting

bunny

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #88 - September 05, 2013, 07:26 AM

It's like trainspotting, but without the heroin. cool2

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Debate challenge
     Reply #89 - March 21, 2014, 10:49 PM

I'm bored. Are there any believers here confident enough in their belief in a god and competent enough to perhaps debate it at length?

I don't mean debate as in let's beat shit out of each other verbally. I just mean present your case and let's discuss it. Preferably more of a casual and fluid discussion than a formal debate. Just for fun.

Or maybe a non-believer wants to play Devil's Advocate and feel they could present a challenge, maybe even present something they themselves feel has some merit even if they do not entirely believe it.

Can I play devils advocate if it's still open? I'll probably be bad at it, but worth a try.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »