Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Dawkins upsets Muslims again (Scientific achievement)

(Read 43044 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Dawkins upsets Muslims again (Scientific achievement)
     Reply #210 - October 01, 2013, 01:19 AM

You know what's interesting. Whenever you hear about famous inventors form the West they don't say this was a 'Christian' invention. Yet, if someone was living in an Islamic country and made an invention Islam is given credit immediately. This is a 'Muslim/Islam' invention. What? I'm under the impression that some (not all) but some of the inventions back in Islam's golden age wasn't made by Muslims but people coincidentally living under Islamic rule at the time. 

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #211 - October 01, 2013, 02:02 AM

You're not the only one. If someone who happens to be muslim invents something, "Look what islam gave the world, surely there is no god but allah". When a none muslim does it, no one else takes credit except the actual people involved. Never heard the jews take credit for the theory of relativity.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #212 - October 01, 2013, 02:09 AM

Never heard the jews take credit for the theory of relativity.

Ben Stein did, and I've heard many right-wing Zionists justify their discrimination against Muslims by comparing how many Jewish scientists and Nobel laureates there are compared to Muslim ones.

And conservative Christians are quick to claim Issac Newton.

So yeah, they all do it.

You know what's interesting. Whenever you hear about famous inventors form the West they don't say this was a 'Christian' invention. Yet, if someone was living in an Islamic country and made an invention Islam is given credit immediately. This is a 'Muslim/Islam' invention. What? I'm under the impression that some (not all) but some of the inventions back in Islam's golden age wasn't made by Muslims but people coincidentally living under Islamic rule at the time. 

See above. If Muslims do it more it's because of a post-colonial inferiority complex, but all the religions claim famous scientists and such as their own and play up the fact they were adherents to this or that religion, even when (like in the case of Einstein), it isn't actually true.

fuck you
     Reply #213 - October 01, 2013, 04:07 AM

Yup. I've heard Christians doing it too.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #214 - October 01, 2013, 04:13 AM

Aren't they more the minority though? In my experience most christians roll their eyes at this. Maybe not in America though.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #215 - October 01, 2013, 04:43 AM

I don't have exact figures on what percentage of Christians/Jews do it versus Muslims, but, as I stated above:

If Muslims do it more it's because of a post-colonial inferiority complex,

fuck you
     Reply #216 - October 01, 2013, 07:58 AM

.................... If Muslims do it more it's because of a post-colonial inferiority complex, but all the religions claim famous scientists and such as their own and play up the fact they were adherents to this or that religion, even when (like in the case of Einstein), it isn't actually true.......................

"post-colonial inferiority complex,"  that is a good word Colonel Q.,  But  I am not sure  that "Inferiority complex in  "EDUCATED Muslim folks "started with post-colonial  times"., I think it is a very recent phenomenon. It may have started in  late 60s after that Arab-Israeli war.  Off Course real Science also began after 2nd world war..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #217 - October 01, 2013, 08:44 AM

Claiming Newton as xian is strange!  He did not believe Jesus was equal with God and spent most of his time studying alchemy.

I noted this from earlier in the thread

I don't know if I believe that race is biological or social construc

Race is entirely a social construct, nothing biological about it at all.  Interestingly Dawkins in Ancestor's Tale spends a lot of time on this point.  Homo Sapiens are basically all descended from Mitochondrial Eve, we are one.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #218 - October 01, 2013, 02:19 PM

Race is entirely a social construct, nothing biological about it at all.  Interestingly Dawkins in Ancestor's Tale spends a lot of time on this point.  Homo Sapiens are basically all descended from Mitochondrial Eve, we are one.

I wrote that. Like I said, I don't know, but if I was to play devil's advocate - are you thinking it is a race construct because we can have procreate amongst ourselves, all humans? if it based on that, then Neanderthal were also the same race?

Also we are not all descended from Mitrochondrial Eve, latest studies have suggested that Y-chromosomal Adam was in the  350/500,000 years old, previously thought to be 75,000 yrs old, he know precedes Mitrochondrial who 'lived' 200/250 years.

So man is lot older than we think, our genetics are older than I thought, I wonder if it makes a difference, I have my views.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #219 - October 01, 2013, 03:14 PM

There is a very strong argument to call us pan actually!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #220 - October 01, 2013, 03:26 PM

................................Also we are not all descended from Mitrochondrial Eve, latest studies have suggested that Y-chromosomal Adam was in the  350/500,000 years old, previously thought to be 75,000 yrs old, he know precedes Mitrochondrial who 'lived' 200/250 years.

you mean 200/250 thousand years?  anyway  devil  give a link on that publication..

So man is lot older than we think, our genetics are older than I thought, I wonder if it makes a difference, I have my views.

really? so man is older than woman??  and there was no woman to start with?

So you mean to say  presence or absence of that  Y chromosome in embryo determines the outcome whether it is boy or girl??  Hmmm.. may be whole  human race started with guys that have missing y-chromosome and they started   having babies to stat with and then evolution took over to make women..

that is a good theory....

Reply #221 - October 01, 2013, 04:29 PM

You know what's interesting. Whenever you hear about famous inventors form the West they don't say this was a 'Christian' invention.

As a matter of fact they do, the Arabic Wikipedia article on the ‘Christian World’ has a massive sub-section on “Christian Science” featuring the likes of Galileo, Newton, etc.

I think part of the issue stems from differences in the way a member of a religion is perceived. In the West, a “Christian” is an individual who believes in Jesus and the Bible. But in the Islamic mindset, a Christian is a member of a group of people whom God gave a scripture and is now a protected class according to Sharia. So based on that logic Einstein and Darwin are Christians by birth, regardless of what they actually believe.
    Or alternatively that wiki article was just written by Arab Christians as a response to all the Dawah on "Islamic Science".
     Reply #222 - October 01, 2013, 04:54 PM

I think the issue of 'Christian Science' and whether there has been any historical/contemporary claims of 'Christian Science' or 'Biblical science' deserves a lot of merit in the sense of comparing the competing Muslim and Christian claims.

I'm sure there's an academic who may have already covered this.

On an intersting note, two years ago I went on a field trip to a Hindu temple (BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir London) with a year 8 RS class and there was a tour within the magnificient building followed by a segregated pooja ceremony.

During the walk there were several 'Hindu facts' on the wall in which 'Hindu Science' from the Rig Vedas, Baghavad Gita, Ramayana (othe sacred Hindutexts were also referred to that I am unable to recall) etc were displayed. These were remarkably similar claims to that made by Muslims about science in the Qur'an.

This maybe a modern construction in response to competing claims by other religions, though a multi-faith approach to the claims would be interesting to analyse and interpret. If only I didn't have so many books to mark!  Cry

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #223 - October 01, 2013, 04:55 PM

Oh, and don't direct to the Bucaille book 'Modern Science in light of the Qur'an and the Bible' or any Harun  'Pimp My Co-Host' Yahya books.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #224 - October 01, 2013, 05:10 PM

There is a very strong argument to call us pan actually!

Now you are moving the goalposts.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #225 - October 01, 2013, 05:22 PM

you mean 200/250 thousand years?  anyway  devil  give a link on that publication..
    really? so man is older than woman??  and there was no woman to start with?

perhaps the man should have been Man or should I have written personkind.

Yeah yeah yeah zee vee in da house. It is good you pulled me up on it because I was referring to the 338 000 yr old estimate but before it was 75,000 years (this figure was accepted for a long time), now its older, if it is older than 200,000 years it makes a difference.

What difference? Well at 75,000 if we looked at daddy he would probably look human, even at 200,000 years possibly he would look more like us, at 338,000 years daddy would be a hairy ape with a very primitive mind.

The fact that Mitro Eve and Y Adam lived in similar times is fucking exciting. the story of Adam and Eve based on scientific scripture with a little suspension of belief it would be the movie and then some.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam
     The age for the Y-MRCA has been variously estimated as 188,000,[2] 270,000,[3] 306,000,[4] and 142,000[5] A paper published in March 2013 reported an older estimate of 338,000 years.[6] Then two simultaneous reports in August 2013 provide younger estimates, one suggested 180,000 to 200,000 years,[7] and another, based on the genome sequence of nine different populations, indicated the age between 120,000 and 156,000 years.[8]

Analogous to Y-chromosomal Adam, Mitochondrial Eve is the woman from whom all living humans are descended matrilineally, who lived about 140,000 to 200,000 years ago in Africa. The estimate is based on inherited mtDNA though mothers. Theoretically, it is not necessary to believe that Y-chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve should have lived at the same time.[9][10] However, latest findings in 2013 give the possibility that the two individuals could be contemporaneous.[11]

Reply #226 - October 08, 2013, 07:16 PM

He's talking shit on twitter and being his usual douchebag self.

Douchebag, idiot, nazist, racist.....everybody who offends Colonel Q-daffi please,prepare for the fire...
     piggy

I realised that God was too much like man to be God. by prince Spinoza
     Reply #227 - October 08, 2013, 07:28 PM

Maryam Namazie defends white men.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/maryamnamazie/2013/08/09/enough-white-men/

What an abhorrent racist she is.  whistling2

I realised that God was too much like man to be God. by prince Spinoza
     Reply #228 - October 08, 2013, 07:30 PM

Maryam Namazie defends white men.

Islamophobe AND RACIST  

this combination is dangerous   finmad

Reply #229 - October 08, 2013, 08:40 PM

Richards Dawkins offends religious people of all faiths. Muslims go berserk but the rest just roll their eyes.  Roll Eyes

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    Entire World is One Family
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
     Reply #230 - February 06, 2015, 11:48 PM

edit

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #231 - February 07, 2015, 07:41 AM

edit

you should not have edited that comment Qtian., One has to question things., It really doesn't matter how great a person he was/is., how accurate the statement was or how stupid is the logic behind the statement  was..

Every thing has to be questioned., no one is unquestionable.,  on that note let me add this wonderful TED video... The dangers of  single story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Ihs241zeg  

that story has some lessons for those who are stuck to a single story, or single concept...

• Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8« Previous thread | Next thread »