Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Dawkins upsets Muslims again (Scientific achievement)

(Read 43004 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Dawkins upsets Muslims again (Scientific achievement)
     Reply #150 - August 19, 2013, 10:17 PM

Dawkins’ point is valid. It also explains why muslims keep harping on about all the freedoms and changes Islam made “1400 years ago”. It’s because since the so–called ‘golden age’ of Islam, the whole culture stagnated after the ‘Ulema managed to secure power for themselves.

Said "freedoms" were to be seen in a context like coffee shops were seen as part of Holland; just because smoking weed is tolerated in those coffee shops, doesn't mean that weed is legal throughout Europe. Analogously, just because Baghdad was a center of international exchange of intellectuals/center for learning and translation of books/archiving ancient documents, doesn't mean the same system didn't allow for Islamic slave traders and pirates to pillage, rape, steal and enslave whomever they got in their hands throughout the Mediterranean region. The "orders" to "find 100 blond virgins" the slave traders got, were (literally) legendary....and real.

They didn't export any "freedoms". And what cutting off the support for the scientific endeavors did to the Islamic world post the 200 years of the "Baghdad Era"..........well, let us look at the last 1,000 years. Exactly.
     Reply #151 - August 19, 2013, 10:53 PM

Not in Europe it's not.

We don't watch Ann Coulter and Fox News in Europe, Mr.Coherent-Argument, hence THE VERY FIRST SENTENCE IN MY LAST REPLY.  grin12

Again, I don't actually believe Dawkins or Snitchens are racists, was just making a point that publicly supporting a Black woman doesn't automatically clear one from the charge of racism-- a point you seemed to have missed.

And you seem to have missed the simple rule, that you should read, before replying. Again, for your "I bumped my head against a pyramid too many times"- Egyptian ass: Dawkins and Hitchens support AN EX-MUSLIM WOMAN for being an EX-MUSLIM WOMAN, not for being "an African who can read and write and actually behaves like us real human beings!", as you want to imply.

Your incoherent nonsense about America, immigration policy and linking it to Wilders (yeah, sure, because I bet Wilders has a problem with brain surgeons who happen to come from a Muslim background and not with the criminals on welfare in Holland, smfh (attn: that was ironic sarcasm).

Which, for the THIRD TIME, wasn't the case, is not the case and will not be the case, even though you are clearly just prejudiced against Hitchens and Dawkins and want to HINT at the possibility that it COULD be the case, without "actually claiming it". Nice one, but don't play that game with me.

I never have. I'm quite familiar with the history of the Civil Rights struggle and the sanitized portraits of King that emerged from it. Also the differences between King and Jackson who was referred to by King once as "Uncle Tom Jesse"

So WTF do you bring up MLK in the context of Jesse Jackson? That's like me bringing up Himmler in the context of Goethe. Both happen to be Germans, just like both MLK and JJ happen to be both African-Americans. Other than that.........(again, smh @ your "logic")

Smiley Middle-class indeed. Do you even know what that term means? His father was a naval officer, hardly a working-class role, especially at that time when officers in the Royal Navy tended to come almost exclusively from the middle and upper classes.

Yes, I know what that means, you ignoramus. Being NEITHER A NAVAL OFFICER NOR BEING MIDDLE-CLASS means "coming from money", as you have suggested, you moron. Again, ignoramus, being part of the middle-class doesn't mean "coming from money", especially at that time.

:Kiss my hairy Egyptian-American ass, fuckface. That un-passive-aggressive enough for ya, ya little shit?

First off, I am not little (is 6'5" little, or do you consider it little, just as working for the navy means "coming from money" to you, Niles Moron? Can I call you that Nile(s) Moron? Seems so fitting). And why would you ask me to perform semi-homosexual actions on you, while insulting me? Is that your thing? I mean, that whole homo-erotic, SM stuff? Sorry, not my thing.

Yes, I'm aware of ALL of this shit. My point was that one could construct an argument for Snitchens being objectively racist, not that the argument would be a good one, but it's certainly not beyond the realm of reason as you seemed to suggest. But once again you missed the fuckin point and decided instead to go off on some half-baked rant full of insults against me. Well fuck you too buddy.

Off course you'd be aware of that, as a know-it-all! Excuse me, I have forgotten who I'm dealing with.

You had absolutely no point. Your "point" was that you hate Hitchens and needed some fuel to "rationalize" the hate for him ("coming from money" still makes me giggle, considering, one of my friends is a 100+ million trust-fund baby who's grandpa is a real-estate mogul and my grandpa was an officer in the Navy LMAO).

And again, Niles Moron, we could use your "tried & true" pseudo-"reasoning" to make an analogous argument to support the hypothesis, that Usama ben Ladin was actually an investor in the American military complex, who basically did all that "terror"-thingy as some sort of equivalent to "insider trading". But we would be stupid to do that, right Niles?

Still your pal,
    Mr.Hanky
     Reply #152 - August 19, 2013, 10:57 PM

Jedi and LArc,

I think you will find this from Ibrahim Al-Buleihi interesting regarding how he thinks Islam contributed to European thinking Tongue

If you don't care to watch it all, the best stuff is from the break at 9:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOrDnazYaxg

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #153 - August 19, 2013, 11:37 PM

Nikolaj - Thanks for letting us know when to start watching that. Take not yeez. Sincerely though, that was interesting and informative.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #154 - August 19, 2013, 11:40 PM

Barely coherent rant essentially consisting of a string of insults.

Yes, yes, I'm ignorant and like gay sex stuff and you're tall and better informed. Got it. Dismissed, fuckface.

fuck you
     Reply #155 - August 19, 2013, 11:43 PM

Larc

Chief, I don't know if you have previous with Q. If you do, then I'm sure Q is old enough and ugly enough to talk for himself.

But if you don't have previous, are the insults necessary? Yeah it takes two to tango, but Q stated he was being a devils advocate, (lol) and used normal language. You started the fire. It is not like you don't have a good argument it doesn't need the insults.

ETA - Lol . I read it again, Q my man ya did say bullshit a lot.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #156 - August 19, 2013, 11:49 PM

Yeah well that tends to be my usual response when people pick fights with me out of nowhere and start insulting me for no reason. Then at some point I tend to get bored and lazy and stop putting much effort into insults or comebacks, which is where I am now. Tongue I might have run into LArc before but not that I'm aware. Also, I'm pretty.

EDIT: Oh okay you mean my very first reply to LArc. Yeah I did but I was calling what Hitchens said bullshit wasn't really aiming it for him, but yeah I suppose when you're lobbin grenades in a general direction sometimes those standing too close to the target get fragged. Tongue

fuck you
     Reply #157 - August 19, 2013, 11:53 PM

Your last line about pretty made me LOL, I don't doubt that at all, you do know it is a phrase, old enough and ugly, pls tell me you heard it before.

Reply #158 - August 19, 2013, 11:55 PM

Don't recall the phrase no-- not too bad though. Bit younger than you and from across the pond so idioms won't be identical. And no I did not seriously think you were calling me ugly. Tongue

fuck you
     Reply #159 - August 20, 2013, 01:33 AM

But if you don't have previous, are the insults necessary? Yeah it takes two to tango, but Q stated he was being a devils advocate, (lol) and used normal language. You started the fire. It is not like you don't have a good argument it doesn't need the insults.

It's all good. I know, insults are never necessary, asshole.  Afro It is my hypothesis, that people with Muslim background have no sense of humor, because not only music, but humor (which is a part of enjoying life) is strictly forbidden according to the Quran. Unless it's jokes about Jews told while smoking hash through a hookah and watching a bootylicious woman belly-dance, of course.  grin12

But that's not what I'm implying, it's just what I'm saying could be true, if we looked at it from a perspective which would automatically make it true, because we would skew the facts so that we could only conclude it's true (see, that's a parody of Q's reasoning, minus the passive-aggressive attitutude).  finmad Roll Eyes

Oh and he's American too......hmmm....... Americans are forced to love each other, so PC (political correctness) is a must and sarcasm "is the lowest kind of humor and only Atheists and Jews use it".  Cheesy

Now I fully understand, why he reacted the way he did.  thnkyu
     Reply #160 - August 20, 2013, 05:20 AM

You're a couple cards short of a full deck.

fuck you
     Reply #161 - August 20, 2013, 12:27 PM

You're a couple cards short of a full deck.

Colonel Q-D you have to accept that LArc  did very well   to put you  in to right path so you don't go over board with your sarcasm on Hitchins and Dawkins.

Any way I am more interested  in the posts of Kodanshi and LArc and the words ‘golden age’ of Islam

Dawkins’ point is valid. It also explains why muslims keep harping on about all the freedoms and changes Islam made “1400 years ago”. It’s because since the so–called ‘golden age’ of Islam, the whole culture stagnated after the ‘Ulema managed to secure power for themselves.

Said "freedoms" were to be seen in a context like coffee shops were seen as part of Holland; just because smoking weed is tolerated in those coffee shops, doesn't mean that weed is legal throughout Europe. Analogously, just because Baghdad was a center of international exchange of intellectuals/center for learning and translation of books/archiving ancient documents, doesn't mean the same system didn't allow for Islamic slave traders and pirates to pillage, rape, steal and enslave whomever they got in their hands throughout the Mediterranean region. The "orders" to "find 100 blond virgins" the slave traders got, were (literally) legendary....and real.

They didn't export any "freedoms". And what cutting off the support for the scientific endeavors did to the Islamic world post the 200 years of the "Baghdad Era"..........well, let us look at the last 1,000 years. Exactly.

A surprising paper  was published on one the prestigious biological journals FASEB in 2006

please read the paper  http://www.fasebj.org/content/20/10/1581.full  and give me your opinion LArc 

well to purify more the  THE LAND OF PURE  BANNED "The Richard Dawkins Foundation For Reason And Science "

That is how Islamic science works and I am not sure how it was in that ‘golden age’ of Islam'

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #162 - August 20, 2013, 12:58 PM

Video References on Islamic Golden age

Islamic Golden Age - العصر الذهبي الأسلامي   A 51 mts tube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs_dGjlyLOI

The Islamic Golden Age 1001 inventions revisited
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMby3Ni6zd0

Neil DeGrasse Tyson - The Islamic Golden Age: Naming Rights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDAT98eEN5Q

1001 Inventions or 1001 LIES? [Muslim Propaganda]   Klingschor   Cheesy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqRqjzLCcqI

How to Recapture the Golden Age of Islam? - Karen Armstrong
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df6pW7_n5Qc 

well there are plenty more

Reply #163 - August 20, 2013, 02:53 PM

well let me re-read Colonel Q-D   cards to LArc  again

It was a retarded point by Dawkins and yes it was bigotry.  If he had said the same shit about Blacks no one would be debating that it was bigotry. But let's fall back to the standard pathetic "but Islam isn't a race" defense please and bitch and whine about leftists.  Roll Eyes Dicks.

Hello LArc., Question to you.,

Why did  Dawkins choose Islam and Muslims for not winning Noble prizes? Does he not know winning noble prize is very little do with religion?  Why not buddhists? hindus? or ratio of Jewish population over  Christian  population  W.r.t to   the number  that is ratio of Jewish Noble prize winners  over  Christian  Noble prize winners?  

I understand that   Colonel Q-Duck some times says Quack...Quack ..  but does he not have point there??

Linking to a Daniel Pipes website billy? Seriously?

The answer *IS* obvious and the answer is clearly "Yes", and the fact you can't see that speaks volumes about your connection with reality.

that is Quack...Quack .,  Yes  Colonel you are riot.,  yes..yes..   Daniel Pipes  is Jewish lobbyist in AMRIKA  So any of  his words at Islam  should be   thrown out in to dust bin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CyMglakWoo

that is a good one....  Lucky dr. Dawkins he didn't go to the land of Snakes., by now he would have been reading/lecturing  his  Atheism in his grave

Reply #164 - August 20, 2013, 04:22 PM

Dawkins and Simon the psychic. Love it.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #165 - August 20, 2013, 04:32 PM

Dawkins: Tell me more about her.
    Psychic: I'm getting cats. She had a lot of cats.
    Dawkins: No, she never had a cat. She hated cats.

Just about sums psychics up.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #166 - August 20, 2013, 04:45 PM

It's all good. I know, insults are never necessary, asshole.  Afro It is my hypothesis, that people with Muslim background have no sense of humor, because not only music, but humor (which is a part of enjoying life) is strictly forbidden according to the Quran. Unless it's jokes about Jews told while smoking hash through a hookah and watching a bootylicious woman belly-dance, of course.  grin12

But that's not what I'm implying, it's just what I'm saying could be true, if we looked at it from a perspective which would automatically make it true, because we would skew the facts so that we could only conclude it's true (see, that's a parody of Q's reasoning, minus the passive-aggressive attitutude).  finmad Roll Eyes

Oh and he's American too......hmmm....... Americans are forced to love each other, so PC (political correctness) is a must and sarcasm "is the lowest kind of humor and only Atheists and Jews use it".  Cheesy

Now I fully understand, why he reacted the way he did.  thnkyu

Is this a subtle dig and my non-use of emoticons? Or you were really really happy?

I don't know about Muslims and their lack of humour, sure those hard-core Salafis are hardly a barrel of laughs.  I have met many a clown/natural witted/humour-filled/piss-taking/side-splitting Muslims. Perhaps you are right they might be funny in spite of their religion rather than because of their or as well as.

I am sure the Jewish humour was honed over/under 2000 years of Christian/European oppression. If they didn't laugh they would have cried.

If Muslims pick on Jews for Jokes, like the English do with the Irish, or the Irish that pick on those from County Cork ( in the US is it the poles) then I can say I never heard of a Muslim tell me a anti-Jewish joke, any jokes about Jews I have heard from the Western TV/books and from Jews themselves.

Only Jews and atheist get sarcasm (apart from Sheldon that is)? What if you are Atheist and Jewish - you get to write the best comedies in Hollywood.

Reply #167 - August 20, 2013, 04:57 PM

Is this a subtle dig and my non-use of emoticons? Or you were really really happy?

devil  what is wrong with you.?  Though that response from  LArc   was written as response to your post  but mr. LArc  is digging at Colonel_Q.d..   lol..

Any ways let me add this tube here ,   the 2nd part  of  Dr. Dawkins - The Enemies of Reason Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCJoOJlP8PI

but  as our Colonel Q-Daff points out Dawkins is  stupid

His books? No, I've got higher priorities on my reading list, like finding a good biography about Gucci Mane. His "The Ancestor's Tale" just made my reading list though based on what some people have quoted from it to show he's a racist-- I personally don't buy it but I am interested in reading his scientific opinions on race within its proper context, seeing as it actually is in his field unlike "The God Delusion" or some other nonsense of his-- I don't need to read a whole book to know religion is bullshit and God doesn't exist.

Most slurs are. And look even if I thought most ex-Muslims were worthy of scorn and criticism (which obviously I don't) they have a fundamental right to freedom of conscience. Even HO, who I regarded less as an ex-Muslim and more as a self-interested little capitalist desperate to be a white Englishman,  I would defend his right to say and believe utterly stupid shit if it came down to it.

writes  stupid books .. talks nonsense  and goes against faiths that are followed by BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF  PEOPLE..

yes yes..  Colonel Q-Daffi is riot.,      billions and billions of goats and sheep....

Reply #168 - August 20, 2013, 06:09 PM

For those that think Dawkins is arrogant and blunt, watch the two above vids.

Now try this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AS6rQtiEh8

Can you really blame him?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #169 - August 20, 2013, 09:57 PM

He's like one of the most mild-mannered and patient blokes ever.

People are just wimps.

Reply #170 - August 20, 2013, 10:06 PM

Except, like many people, when he's shooting his mouth off online. Tongue

Honestly I like some of Dawkins's stuff, I just don't get why people think he's so awesome. And I think most of the time he's on point, but when he starts veering into socio-political matters he can definitely say some stupid shit. He should probably make a better effort to keep his commentary closer to his field of knowledge.

Hell I even liked some of Snitchens's stuff too, but again am perplexed by the near hero worship of him amongst many atheists. I suspect in the latter case it's because he said shit in public a lot of atheists would like to say in public, but won't, not because they're too polite or kind, but simply too chickenshit.

EDIT: If I had to pick my favorite public skeptic it would be James Randi. Very nice guy (seems like anyways on cam) and sticks to what he knows.

fuck you
     Reply #171 - August 20, 2013, 10:09 PM

Now try this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AS6rQtiEh8

Can you really blame him?

Wendy Wright reminds me of a lobotomy patient. Vacant eyes, oblivious smile, personality wiped. Like something out of The Stepford Wives or Invasion of the Bodysnatchers. Creeps me the fuck out.

Reply #172 - August 20, 2013, 10:21 PM

I don't think I could of kept my cool like Dawkins did.

Reply #173 - August 20, 2013, 10:23 PM

If I had to pick my favorite public skeptic it would be James Randi. Very nice guy (seems like anyways on cam) and sticks to what he knows.

I'd have to say Carl Sagan.

Reply #174 - August 20, 2013, 10:24 PM

Hitches was a loaded gun that paused only to reload. And not a little bitty gun either.

Reply #175 - August 20, 2013, 10:26 PM

Hitch and Stephen Fry's demolition of the Catholic Church was a thing of beauty.

Reply #176 - August 20, 2013, 10:29 PM

I'd have to say Carl Sagan.

Yeah he's cool too. Did a lot to teach the public about science. Which in my opinion does more to advance the cause of "freethinking" than simply poking holes in religion. I'll give Dawkins credit on that too, he's been good about bringing evolutionary biology to the public and making it more accessible, and again I think that does more to promote atheism/secularism than any of his criticisms of religion.

Hitches was a loaded gun that paused only to reload. And not a little bitty gun either.

And every time he was finished shooting for the day did you ease back his slide, pull out his mag, then field strip him and oil him up? Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhh.

fuck you
     Reply #177 - August 20, 2013, 10:30 PM

A beautiful loaded gun. Why, I felt just like a Texan at an NRA show and tell giving away free samples.

Reply #178 - August 20, 2013, 10:31 PM

Yes Colonel. It was sexy. Intelligence turns me on. happymurtad? I wanna lick his brain. Could never date a dumb woman.

Reply #179 - August 20, 2013, 10:33 PM

Could never date a dumb woman.

Same. Whenever I tried it was a fail.

fuck you
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »