Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi ! Im not an atheist ... yet

(Read 24782 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hi ! Im not an atheist ... yet
     Reply #30 - August 05, 2013, 05:09 AM

If you're being taught islam is real, being taught things that may make students question it's truth isn't the wisest thing to do. As children we accept the words of adults and often as adults ourselves it never occurs to us that we may have been lied to or unintentionally misled. If you teach your children from birth goblins live in caves under the Earth and reinforce it every day of their lives they'll do the same with their children. It's incredibly easy to not only convince people bullshit is true but also indoctrinate them so it's never questioned.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #31 - August 05, 2013, 05:13 AM

So true.I can't believe I've been brainwashed for so many years and I thought Mo was perfect in every way.I laugh at how naive my old self was.
     Reply #32 - August 05, 2013, 05:25 AM

This is a reply I gave to Seeker when he posted questioning his faith and what's the meaning of life if there is no god. You may find it interesting.

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=24235.msg697248#msg697248

This is how easy it is to spread a religion.

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=3513.msg697920#msg697920

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #33 - August 05, 2013, 05:45 AM

Thank you so much !  Afro
    All I seek for now is finding peace with myself,the god of islam makes me angry,weak,scared and that's not what I want to be that's not me.I think I knew all along,when I was a kid (even before through all this religion bs) I always thought I'd grow up to be different I wasn't sure how but I just knew it.
    I think I found out more things about Islam and Mo in the last few days than in all these past years.Funny how people can only give you what you want to hear.
     Reply #34 - August 05, 2013, 06:02 AM

No worries, and a lot of people react the same way as you. So I actually do have a question, considering you said you can be imprisoned or killed where you are for being an atheist, I have to ask what you thought about the above posts? Just the description of finding meaning or morality with god. Is this something you thought possible in the past? What was your view on people like me?

Reply #35 - August 05, 2013, 06:25 AM

Whenever I thought about the universe,the purpore of human life and the existence of god I'd feel guilty and fear that Allah would stop loving me and send me to hell and stop my ideas right there.As for atheists,I've always thought they were mad people that needed to be cured and had a whole lot of false arguments and were probably payed by some jews to say bad things about Allah and his messenger.I thought they deserved to live hell on earth and in the after life.I thought the Quran was beautiful and miraculous and is truly the words of Allah,I thought those people just didn't get the message,I thought that they're being offensive to their own creator and they need to be punished,I thought anyone who said Mohamed was a bad person is straight up crazy,I really thought I was lucky to be born into the true religion,a religion that is peaceful and beautiful and caring and most of all very moral.Then I decided to read the Quran and half way through it something just clicked in my mind.
     Reply #36 - August 05, 2013, 06:41 AM

Paid by jews eh? What is it with muslims thinking jews control the world and are everywhere? Jews make up like 0.0001% of the population and have been the bitch of christians and muslims for over a thousand years. Yeah, really a global influence.

Did it never occur to you to ask why less religious countries are generally more peaceful places than more religious countries?

The whole hell on Earth thing, is that because atheists believe in allah but choose to reject him anyway? Or that simply not believing was as big a crime?

An argument that never made sense to me. I know a lot of muslim countries teach jews knew Mo was the true prophet of god and that if you reject islam you're going to hell forever, as are your friends, parents, siblings, and children. Do muslims honestly believe jews and atheists think there actions will lead them to eternal torture for themselves and those they love and do it anyway? I mean, if that's true it's the stupidest most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Why would anyone do everything they can to go to hell?

Reply #37 - August 05, 2013, 07:06 AM

Muslims are just so OCD about jews in general and hate everything about them for invading Palestine.
    No I didn't know that those countries were more peaceful , I just thought the world hated muslims and wanted to make them look like terrorists.
    Both ! I thought everyone who doesn't believe in god needed to be punished.
    With you phrasing it that way I agree,it just seems stupid.
    Oh well,religion is indeed a powerful thing it literally locks up your brain and stops it from working with simple logic.
     Reply #38 - August 05, 2013, 07:22 AM

So the people of the book argument isn't a factor then? And to be fair there was a lot of hatred before the creation of Israel.

Do people in your country (by the way which country are you from?) think non muslims are evil or just innocent of being aware of the truth?

Reply #39 - August 05, 2013, 07:24 AM

Muslims are just so OCD about jews in general and hate everything about them for invading Palestine.

The Palestinians were Jews till the Muslims invaded.
     Reply #40 - August 05, 2013, 07:29 AM

Lol.

Reply #41 - August 05, 2013, 07:34 AM

David : Wait,weren't they jews then christians then muslims or am I missing something ?
    Quod : I'm from Morocco ! Here they're just plain evil.
     Reply #42 - August 05, 2013, 07:38 AM

Huh. So now that I know you're from Morocco and am an atheist does that mean I'm going to travel all the way to the middle east, track you down and rape you? I know a lot of muslims in the middle east think we do that all the time. Which is strange because if that were true we wouldn't survive as a society, let alone elect women as our leaders. Which believe it of not a number of evil countries have done. And we're still going strong which contradicts the Islamic teaching that a nation which is led by a woman will fall.

Reply #43 - August 05, 2013, 07:40 AM

David : Wait,weren't they jews then christians then muslims

I suspect some skipped the Christian phase. Those who already had a loaf and a fish. Those who had enough wine to throw a party without it running out.
     Reply #44 - August 05, 2013, 07:48 AM

Quod : Hahaha I never thought of that I imagined atheist more like Satan worshippers than rapist.
    David : Haha well I just hope Israel and Palestine find an arrangement and live in peace together as a community.
     Reply #45 - August 05, 2013, 07:57 AM

That's interesting. do people in Morocco realise athiests don't believe there is a god? Because it took god to create the devil, so if there is no god there is no devil because there was no god to create the devil.

Reply #46 - August 05, 2013, 07:57 AM

Atheists don't even believe in Satan! Yes, we are *THAT* bad!!! signmuahaha

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #47 - August 05, 2013, 08:05 AM

Haha they believe that atheists are just weak and sucomb to the whispering of the Sheitan.
     Reply #48 - August 05, 2013, 08:11 AM

Huh. Do they realise that we give full freedom to practise religion to muslims? Allow halal food? Build mosques for muslims even though we don't believe what they believe? Grant legal protection that actually are enforced?

Also one other question, is English common in Morocco? Because yours is fantastic. If you told me you were raised in England I'd believe you.

Reply #49 - August 05, 2013, 08:21 AM

I think they just don't get that,they think if they open the door for atheists,they will shut down all religions because they believe so.
    Thank you ! And no its not that common,most people here speak Arabic or French,I'm just lucky to be in a family where learning other cultures and therefore other languages is very important and praised.
     Reply #50 - August 05, 2013, 08:36 AM

You know, I've always been interested in the christian view of Satan far more than the muslim view. Is he actually considered a threat? Because from my readings he's basically a powerless minor annoyance god tolerates. Rather like shooing away a fly. Just not in any way an actual threat. One might even feel sorry for him, All he can do is make a few suggestions. Hardly something to fear.

Reply #51 - August 05, 2013, 08:44 AM

I didn't know that.From the muslim view,you fear Satan,just like you fear God.Satan just simply doesn't want to be all by himself in hell he wants some friends to come over and apparently God doesn't like that.
     Reply #52 - August 05, 2013, 08:48 AM

When I read the quran I'm sure I recall it saying Satan has no power other than the power to cast evil suggestions into the heart of people and jinn. The only reason he does what he does is because god decided to let him do as he likes until judgement day.

Reply #53 - August 05, 2013, 08:51 AM

It just feels like some sick nerd playing the Sims.
     Reply #54 - August 05, 2013, 08:54 AM

Only if you believe it  Smiley

Reply #55 - August 05, 2013, 09:01 AM

Lucky you for not believing it ! I still can't let go of islam,it's a part of me,my identity,hopefully I will set myself free,who knows.
     Reply #56 - August 05, 2013, 09:18 AM

It is possible. I'm lucky enough to live in a country where most people don't care if you believe in god or not so long as you're a good person. But if people living in Saudi Arabia can get past it, I'm sure you can. Ohhhhh, members on this site really need to start Skyping, just talk and argue with each other and maybe post it on youtube.

I need to sleep but I'll talk to you later. In the meantime enjoy these  Afro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_a6RjR_AHY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BzP1wr234

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0Vtk9ffGI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLGGKraKmXc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrcQAYS9JtY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVgZqnsytJI

Reply #57 - August 05, 2013, 09:33 AM

Thank you Smiley I'll watch them and tell what I think of them ! Sleep tight !
     Reply #58 - August 05, 2013, 09:39 AM

Hey there LiveLife  parrot bunny! I am Wiselyskeptical and I am in a pretty similar situation to yours (although I am in the disbelieving part a bit more than you). I moved to Land Of The Free And The Home Of The Brave when I was 9 ( I am 15 now) and it was a big diffrence than Iraq. First adult women wear shorts, which I wanted to do so badly. Second I felt like I was 2nd class to men, and so I started researching and I stumbled upon a few surrahs and hadiths about women's rights in Islam . It was mind boggling. I was appealed. So however I still believe in god. Than I researched about our homeboy Mo, and I was disgusted. He was so sex obsessed. So I was going deeper and deeper in disbelief in Islam, and I feel like I am almost out. I don't pray anymore, but I have to fake it by moving my praying rug 5 times a day so my mom would see it. I feel like praying is a ritual that doesn't mean anything to me. We memorise it like a dance. I started reading about jewdisim and it's not bad. I like it. In fact I think I might become Jewish. I still haven't "officially" left Islam, but it feels like I already had, I can't leave it unless I leave my parents home, which I plan to do. I ask my parents questions about Islam and not tell them my intentions behind them, and the answers they proudly present to me usually are "it was a merical" or "Islam is perfect". Now I view that as BS that is unreliable, and it saddens me to think that poor uneducated people believe it in the Middle East. So me, like you, is still looking for her inner peace, and way out of this dilemma. far away hug

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
     Reply #59 - August 05, 2013, 06:28 PM

I think a lot of people lose their faith just because they know too much about islam,most muslims didn't even read the Quran and only hear the surat they wanna hear.I agree prayer just gets boring if you do it 5 times a day evryday again and again and again,its depressing.
    I need to ask : What did appeal you to judaism ?
    My parents are even worse,they're so deep into it,always listening to Quran without really actually listening and understing what it says.
    30 % of my country are illiterate so I can figure out why they just follow islam without questioning it.I hope we'll both find peace.
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »