Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Saudi Blogger Raif Badawi Faces Jail and 600 Lashes For Insulting Islam

(Read 40498 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Saudi Blogger Raif Badawi Faces Jail and 600 Lashes For Insulting Islam
     Reply #90 - June 07, 2015, 05:37 PM

Sighs!
     Reply #91 - June 07, 2015, 11:42 PM

Unbelievable. Shame on everyone involved.
     Reply #92 - June 08, 2015, 12:46 AM

Fuck the police.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #93 - June 08, 2015, 03:12 AM

The king is reprimanding relatives and firing friends, throwing money at the people, saying that you can sue him just like any other person in KSA, putting on this huge show to seem progressive and tolerant and decent when he truly sacrifices nothing.

But decisions like this, like allowing these things to happen, is the reason he will be remembered as just another worthless figure, better off in the past. If fair, time will view him as another stumbling block of many in the kingdom's history; at best, as a wasted opportunity. And, like Yeezevee once brilliantly said, in the hopefully not-too-distant future, Raif Badawi's name will be written in golden letters in the history of Saudi Arabia. 
     Reply #94 - June 13, 2015, 01:27 PM

17 th June 2012.. three years in Jail.....for no good reason but standing up to the Human rights violations in SAND LAND .. so called land of Prophets..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvHr0k7YcnQ

http://ex-muslim.org.uk/2015/06/17-june-day-of-action-for-raif-badawi/

Please read the above link... anyway Today's news  Fri June 12, 201  says   Saudi blogger Badawi's flogging put off again
    (CNN)Raif Badawi set up a website to express his views and those of others. For that he was sentenced to 10 years in jail and 1,000 lashes with a whipping cane.

To Saudi Arabian authorities, the blogger is a criminal. And for that, he is to be publicly flogged -- as happened in January, when he stoically arched his back in pain while getting 50 lashes.

He's supposed to get 19 more rounds of such punishment, according to the advocacy group Human Rights Watch. The second batch of 50 lashes was supposed to come not long after the first, but it's been pushed back several times -- including Friday.  "No flogging for today," Haidar wrote on her husband's Twitter account. "I repeat my appeal to his majesty King Salman to pardon my husband #RaifBadawi and stop his flogging."

http://www.m.ahewar.org/s.asp?aid=230393&r=0&cid=0&u=&i=3381&q=  that link has Raif' article from 2010 .. some BASTARDS tagged  it with some silly viral program.... 

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #95 - June 17, 2015, 02:26 AM

Saudi blogger Raif Badawi's writings published in Quebec   says news

The writings that led to the sentence to 1,000 lashings and jail time for blogger Raif Badawi are now on the shelves of Quebec bookstores, three years after his arrest in Saudi Arabia.  1000 coups de fouet, a collection of 14 texts by Badawi that landed him in jail in Saudi Arabia, was launched by Quebec publishing house Éditions Édito with Amnesty International on Tuesday. This follows releases in Germany and France and an English translation is in the works, according to the NGO.

.....Quebec artists Winston McQuade, Monique Proulx, Émile Proulx-Cloutier and Geneviève Rochette, who was also involved in efforts to bring back Omar Khadr from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, read from 1000 coups de fouet at the media launch on Tuesday

Provincial politicians have supported Haidar and efforts to have her husband released.

On Friday, Quebec Immigration Minister Katherine Weil said the government would grant the blogger an immigration certificate on humanitarian grounds to speed up his resettlement in the province in the event of his release..............

Reply #96 - June 20, 2015, 11:20 PM

Raif Badawi again spared flogging after receiving immigration certificate says news

A day after receiving an immigration certificate from the Quebec government, blogger Raïf Badawi was again spared flogging Friday at the hands of Saudi Arabia. Amnesty International revealed the news on its Twitter account.

Last week, Saudi Arabia’s Supreme Court upheld the sentence of 10 years in prison and 1,000 lashes imposed on the blogger. Badawi, 31, is not a Canadian citizen, although his wife, Ensaf Haidar, and children fled Saudi Arabia in 2012 and settled in Sherbrooke in 2013.

Secularism respects everyone and does not offend anyone ... Secularism ... is the practical solution to lift countries (including ours) out of the third world and into the first world. ............Raif Badwai

Reply #97 - June 23, 2015, 09:45 PM

This year  DW Freedom of Speech Award goes to Raif Badawi,  

DW Freedom of Speech Award has been given tp best blogs, microblogs and social media projects. The Deutsche Welle Governing Board decided unanimously in favor of Raif Badawi, said Deutsche Welle Director General Peter Limbourg.

"He stands, in an exemplary way, for the brave and fearless commitment to the human right of freedom of expression. Our award sends a signal and contributes to bringing his fate into the public spotlight. We hope this will increase pressure on those responsible in Saudi Arabia to release Badawi."

But it is not just Badawi, a co-founder of the Saudi Liberal Network, who is paying dearly for his refusal to keep quiet. His wife Ensar Haidar, under increasing pressure even from family members back home for defending her husband, had to flee Saudi Arabia three years ago. Since 2013 she has been living with the couple's three children in Canada where they have been granted asylum. Haidar, from her Canadian exile, continues to advocate relentlessly for her husband and his release.

Badawi's wife Ensaf Haidar told DW she was overjoyed. From her home in Canada, she said the DW Freedom of Speech Award sends a clear message to the Saudi regime. "It is a disgrace that Raif is still sitting in prison - especially at a time when Saudi Arabia fights against the “Islamic State” group and its disregard for human rights. I am extremely thankful to Deutsche Welle for its support."

Reply #98 - June 30, 2015, 07:13 AM

clap

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #99 - July 12, 2015, 11:37 AM

So another Friday gone  another week gone . FUCKING SAND LAND SAUDS  still keeping Raif Badawi in jail..

Why?

What do  YOU SAUDS gain by keep him and people like him in jail?

Do you Sauds of sand land... 3000 or ....so think you can keep your thrown safe  by keeping people like Raif Badawi in jail.??

You fuckers better change  and change as soon as possible..

Anyway the news on Raif says...

Sherbrooke  Canada  Makes Raif Badawi Honourary Citizen

Today, in front of Sherbrooke city hall, mayor Bernard Sévigny declared that Sherbrooke is Raif. Raif Badawi, jailed Saudi blogger and husband of Ensaf Haidar, was declared an honourary citizen of Sherbrooke in absentia only weeks after he was granted fast track Canadian citizenship (immigration selection certificate) by Quebec.

Les deux banderoles, qui couvrent une partie de la façade de l'hôtel de ville, seront installées en permanence dans l'espoir que M. Badawi soit libéré. La première porte la mention « Sherbrooke est Raif », alors que la seconde indique « Raif Badawi citoyen de Sherbrooke ».

« Les membres du conseil municipal sont profondément touchés par le sort qui est réservé au Saoudien Raif Badawi. Sa condamnation a amené tous les Sherbrookois, tous les Canadiens et les citoyens de plusieurs nations à se lever et à revendiquer le droit à la liberté d'expression, pilier inéluctable de la démocratie », a commencé Bernard Sévigny.
    The two banners, which cover part of the facade of city hall, will be installed permanently in hope that Mr Badawi will be liberated. The first declares that "Sherbrooke is Raif", while the second proclaims "Raif Badawi, citizen of Sherbrooke."
    "The members of city council are profoundly touched by the Saudi Raif Badawi's predicament. His sentencing has led all residents of Sherbrooke, all Canadians and the citizens of many nations to stand up and defend the right to freedom of expression -- a fundamental pillar of democracy," said Bernard Sévigny.

There will be a vigil tomorrow at 12:30pm. This will be the 27th such weekly protest held before the city hall in Sherbrooke, where Ensaif Haidar has been welcomed with open arms by the community.

Hello SAUDS OF SAND LAND .. think about  getting such picture as you see above on any city hall without your fucking control on Saudi Arabia oil and your  Saud thrown .

RELEASE HIM FROM YOUR FUCKING  JAILS.....

Reply #100 - July 13, 2015, 12:54 AM

Afro

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #101 - July 14, 2015, 10:58 AM

The only thing that might set Raif Badawi free may be a prisoner exchange. A Saudi prince for Raif.
     Reply #102 - July 14, 2015, 11:00 AM

The only thing that might set Raif Badawi free may be a prisoner exchange. A Saudi prince for Raif.

well other way of doing is eliminating THE PALACES ...DORMS OF SAUDS  from Saudi Arabia ..I am sure People of Saudi Arabia  are tired of living  under the  clutches of SAUDS who rule the country with their Islam in collaboration of Mullahs of Islam for the past 100 years . Sure that country can not stay  like that another century specially in 21st century with mass communication., When people of Saudi Arabia understand the rules of the game that rogues  are using from religions to rule them .,  All 3000 or so   saud  kiiiings   have to pack  up and move their palaces to some western country  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKheKNdDsjo

• Re: Saudi Blogger Raif Badawi Faces Jail and 600 Lashes For Insulting Islam
     Reply #103 - July 14, 2015, 11:10 AM

Not the only thing.
     Reply #104 - July 22, 2015, 11:55 PM

WHY RAIF BADAWI MATTERS -  writes  Faisal   Saeed  Al-Mutar

Raif Badawi is a Saudi writer and activist who was arrested in 2012  for insulting Islam in his blog  and brought to trial on that and other charges, including apostasy. He was sentenced to ten years in prison, a fine, and 1,000 lashes.

The first fifty lashes were administered this past January. This part of his sentence was then suspended due to concerns for his health, but now the Saudi Supreme court has heard his appeal and affirmed the lower court’s decision, opening the door for the lashings to continue.
    Throughout all this, I and others have campaigned to free him. Many people have commented on my frequent postings in this cause. It’s personal: of the many cases of persecution of dissidents, perhaps I relate to Badawi’s case the most. Both of us are Arab, and both of us are liberals. In my case, I am an atheist and very public about it; if I had been living in the Middle East and caught by the government or an Islamic militia, I could be in Badawi’s position. Actually, I wish I could take his place. Unlike him, I am neither married nor have children. He is far braver than me and many other people.

I started on the road to secular activism back in Iraq during the first Iraqi elections held after the U.S. invasion in 2005. I was very afraid that Iraq was headed for sectarian conflict. I take no pleasure in the fact that, unfortunately, I was right.

Two countries play the biggest roles in feeding that sectarian conflict: Wahabi Sunni–based Saudi Arabia and Williayat Al Faqih Shia–based Iran. Wahabism presents more danger than Shia Islam, not because Shia Islam is more benevolent but because Sunni Islam is followed by the majority of Muslims in the world and also because the main tenets of Wahabism appeal to Islamists . Mouhammad Abdul Al Wahab, the founder of the Wahabi Sunni Islam school of thought, was by most definitions a reformer in the same vein as Martin Luther. He advocated for a return to “pure Islam” and the study of the lessons from the life of the Prophet. He rejected modern Islamic schools of thought led by Al Azhar and other clerics and instead emphasized the history and the fundamentals of Islam. Wahabi Islam has formed the foundation for many Islamist and jihadist groups around the region, the newest one being the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, sometimes known as ISIS or ISIL or just IS (that’s what they like to be called).

Although many observers have been critical of the influence of Wahabi ideology in Saudi Arabia, one person has stood out because he challenged it not from the outside but from the inside. Raif Badawi cofounded a forum for liberal thought in Saudi Arabia called Free Saudi Liberals to do exactly that. His main argument is that, in order for liberalization and secularization to happen across the region, his country of birth must be liberalized.

Saudi Arabia is by definition the most difficult country in which to even start this discussion. Leave aside for the moment that it is the birthplace of Islam; it is also home to the most radical version of the religion, and the majority of the population is not just conservative but ultra-conservative. The Middle East Eye has published a graph of the differences between ISIS and Saudi Arabia (available at http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/crime-and-punishment-islamic-state-vs-saudi-arabia-1588245666). They have a lot in common. To take but one example, they prescribe nearly identical punishments for crimes.

Saudi Arabia is very important and dangerous at the same time because of its position as a major supplier of the world’s oil. Even if the United States or other countries in the West cut all ties with Saudi Arabia tomorrow, it would not lack for markets. China and Russia, superpowers that don’t really put a priority on human rights, stand out as possible buyers. So Saudi Arabia has little motivation to change its behavior in this regard: it has little concern for world opinion.

Considering the economic interests that the West has in Saudi Arabia, there is not much hope in trying to effect change on the government or policy level. But there is something to do on an individual level, not only concerning Saudi Arabia but the whole Muslim world.

Thanks to the Internet, we have the ability to connect with dissidents and activists from Saudi Arabia, no matter how closed the society is. Many Saudis have access to the Internet through their cell phones or computers...................

Inspired by Raif Badawi’s story and struggle—as well as people like him—I am working to support the human rights of liberal dissidents through Movements.org, a project funded by Google that allows me to crowd source skills and a way to match those who need help with those who can. I have built a database that includes activists in Saudi Arabia, Iran, and many other countries in the Muslim world (many in which secular activists face death sentences if they are apprehended by the government). I genuinely believe that everyone has a role to play. Whether you are a journalist, a policymaker, an artist, a technologist, a public relations expert, a writer, an editor, a translator, or just someone who cares about this issue, you can lend your voice in support of threatened dissidents in some way. Liberals and freethinkers living in the West can offer their skills, including writing, editing, graphic design, legal help, and many others to help the activists.

Thus far, we have helped Badawi’s wife, Ensaf Haider, connect with major news media to publicize her husband’s plight. We have helped get two Bengali bloggers whose lives were in danger to a Western European country. Many other activists are being helped every day by other individuals.

Movements.org is not only about mobilizing aid but also about building solidarity. People such as Raif Badawi are not only the tools for change; they are the change itself. Badawi stands for the principles all secular humanists agree upon, including freedom of speech and equality for women, LGBT rights, and the rights of minorities. Badawi and people like him should not be standing alone in facing giants who are backed by lots of funding and other kinds of support.

Hundreds of billions of dollars from Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Russia, and China are funding forces of regression and radicalism. Many more people need to be mobilized if we are to fight these influences. Many people look at the Middle East today and see a binary choice: dictators or religious fanatics. Frankly, the West has been supporting some dictators for decades, while theocratic groups such as ISIS, the Muslim Brotherhood, and Hamas have gotten enormous support from Qatar, Iran, and Saudi Arabia. David Keyes, the executive director of Advancing Human Rights, mentioned in an interview (http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/crowdsourcing-freedom) with Sam Harris, a writer who supports these efforts, that we need to do something as secularists and liberals living in the West; we can’t wait for the U.S. government to offer support to the liberal activists of the Middle East. Meanwhile, they are being slaughtered, jailed, and lashed every day.

The case of Raif Badawi should be the spark of change that moves liberals in the West to get involved in helping their fellow liberals in the East. But change takes a long time, and every minute we wait is a minute wasted.
    Faisal Saeed Al Mutar is an Iraqi-born writer, public speaker, web designer, and social activist who has relocated to the United States. He is the founder of the Global Secular Humanist Movement and Secular Post. He is a community manager at Movements.org, a division of Advancing Human Rights.

Well I have to agree with most of what Faisal Saeed  writes  except the words I crossed out.   Raif did not insult Islam but he insulted Idiots in Islam. and this fight continues until Raif and others like him come   out of Sand land Jails...

Reply #105 - August 23, 2015, 11:06 AM

So Raif is still in Sand land jail .. No news on lashing .. that is a good news.. but I hope he will keep his spirits and his senses intact during this jail term and I hope KIIIIIIING of sand land  and that allah heeeeeeeee  will take note  that  Raif is not forgotten and some people are still thinking about him.

But I see a surprsing  article from  Ensaf Haidar.....  Raif's wife...... in independent.co.uk with a heading Millions of people rallied to the support of Raif Badawi – who will care for a poor young man in Mauritania?

I am so glad to read that and that is wonderful she took time off to write that article in support of another young man who was jailed on similar STUPID BLASPHEMY LAWS OF ISLAM.. .    well let me put a bit of it here rest you read at the link

Millions of people rallied to the support of Raif Badawi – who will care for a poor young man in Mauritania?  ..ENSAF HAIDER  Friday 21 August 2015

During December 2013, a young Mauritanian blogger called Mohamed Cheikh Ould Mkhaitir wrote a blog where he defended the rights of his people in Mauritania, who are used and exploited based on their history when they were slaves.  In the article he referred to the double standards used by the prophet Muhammad himself when he dealt with the Jews and the Arabs. He said that the prophet killed the Jews but forgave the Arabs because they are his blood. In his blog, he tried to show how religion plays a role in the social hierarchy and discrimination between social classes.

Some people in Mauritania took to the streets demonstrating against the article, shouting “death to the blogger”. It was considered a blasphemy towards the prophet, because it showed the prophet as an unjust person who preferred his tribe over others.

The authorities arrested Mohamed Cheikh on 2 January 2014 and he appeared in court in December, which sentenced him to death on the same day. Before the announcement of the sentence, he pronounced the Shahada and made clear that he was a Muslim, explaining that his intention was not to criticise the Prophet. He also apologised for what he wrote. ...

well read the rest at the news link...  and again I am so glad to read that she wrote  about  this 28 year old Mohamed Cheikh Ould Mkhaitir,...

Reply #106 - August 24, 2015, 04:51 AM

I actually came here to post about Mohamed Cheikh Ould Mkhaitir , but Yeez has already done it ...
      Just read about this at the weekend , hadn't heard of him before. I googled his name to see if there were any links to campaigns , petitions etc. , but only got a couple of  pages of results in French  -   has this stuff really become so routine that it just doesn't attract attention anymore ?
     Reply #107 - August 24, 2015, 08:33 AM

I actually came here to post about Mohamed Cheikh Ould Mkhaitir , but Yeez has already done it ...
      Just read about this at the weekend , hadn't heard of him before. I googled his name to see if there were any links to campaigns , petitions etc. , but only got a couple of  pages of results in French  -   has this stuff really become so routine that it just doesn't attract attention anymore ?

hello aife glad to see you.,  I am surprised to read you after along time .  I am glad you are doing good and keeping in touch with cases like Cheikh Ould Mkhaitir of Mauritania

In fact I too forgot about him until I read Ensaf Haidar's article please add any info about him at this link  http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=28069.0

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #108 - September 06, 2015, 03:33 PM

Fantastic news from Raif...........Raif Pens a book

1000 LASHES BECAUSE I SAY WHAT I THINK

That is great title and I am sure it will also  be very good book..  Raif you are indeed an inspiration to millions of freedom loving bloggers that cannot come out openly .. Thank you for that book..  

"Yes  Lashes or No Lashes
    Jails or No jails
    Kill us or don't kill us
    we say what we think
    we write what we think
    our pens are our weapons
    our keyboards are our bombs
    our internet connections are our drones "
     ... yeezevee

Reply #109 - September 26, 2015, 02:17 PM

Sakharov Prize: nominations for 2015 unveiled  and I see Raif Badawi name

2015 Sakharov Prize: meet the nominees:

The nominations for Parliament´s 2015 Sakharov Prize were announced on Thursday 10 September. The prize is awarded every year to honour exceptional individuals who combat intolerance, fanaticism and oppression.The nominations will be formally presented on Monday 28 September during a joint meeting of the foreign affairs and development committees and the human rights subcommittee. The winner will be announced in October.

The nominees for 2015 Sakharov Prize are:

Raif Badawi:  A Saudi Arabian blogger and author of the website Free Saudi Liberals, who was sentenced to 10 years in prison, 1000 lashes and a hefty fine for insulting Islamic values on his website. Badawi was nominated by S&D, ECR and Greens/EFA.   

Political prisoners in Venezuale :   the democratic opposition in Venezuela embodied by the Mesa de la Unidad Democrática, an election coalition formed in 2008 to unify the opposition to president Hugo Chávez's political party. Nominated by EPP and MEPs Fernando Maura Barandiarán and Dita Charanzová.

Edna Adan Ismail:  A Somali activist for the abolition of female genital mutilation and a former government minister. She is the director and founder of the Edna Adan Maternity Hospital in Hargeisa in Somaliland (Somalia). Nominated by EFDD.

Boris Nemtsov:    A Russian physicist, former deputy prime minister and opposition politician who was assassinated in Moscow in February 2015. Nominated by ALDE.

Nadiya Savchenko: a Ukrainian military pilot and a member of the Verkhovna Rada and of Ukraine’s delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, who was captured on 18 June 2014 and illegally transferred to Russia. Nominated by ECR.

Three whistle-blowers:    Edward Snowden, a computer expert who worked as a contractor for the US National Security Agency and leaked details of its mass surveillance programmes to the press; Antoine Deltour, a former Price Waterhouse Coopers auditor who revealed secret tax rulings with multinational companies in Luxembourg to journalists; and Stéphanie Gibaud who uncovered tax evasion and money laundering by UBS AG. Nominated by GUE/NGL.   

Sakharov Prize: how does it work?

The Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought is awarded each year by the European Parliament. It was set up in 1988 to honour individuals and organisations defending human rights and fundamental freedoms. Last year the prize was awarded to Denis Mukwege.

Nominations for the Sakharov Prize can be made by political groups or by at least 40 MEPs. Based on the nominations, the foreign affairs and development committees vote on a shortlist of three finalists. After that the Conference of Presidents, made up of the EP President and the leaders of the political groups, select the winner.

well that is the news from Europe.... And I am very glad to note that allah works mysteriously with minds of people...

Reply #110 - December 14, 2015, 02:35 PM

Saudi blogger Raif Badawi on hunger strike after prison transfer   says news

]Saudi blogger Raif Badawi, who was sentenced to receive 1,000 lashes for his liberal writings, has started a hunger strike after being transferred to a remote penitentiary, his wife has announced.

In a post on her Facebook page, Ensaf Haidar said that her husband’s hopes of a pardon have been dashed because Shabbat Central Prison, where he was taken Thursday, is reserved for those prisoners who have received a final verdict.

“We are very alarmed at the prison administration decision to transfer my husband to the Shabbat Central and fear it may lead to the resumption of his flogging,” wrote Haider, who lives with the couple’s three children in Sherbrooke, Que.

“We hold the prison administration responsible for any harm that Raif may suffer.”
    Badawi’s supporters have been pushing for a review of his case, buoyed by Quebec’s offer of an immigration certificate in June and word from the Saudi supreme court that it was reviewing his case.

Last month, Swiss Foreign Minister Yves Rossier announced that negotiations for Badawi’s pardon were in the works. “We have been given hope repeatedly that the issue is still not resolved,” said Elham Manea, a spokesperson for the family. “So from that perspective, we are trying to understand what’s happening.”

Badawi, the founder of a Saudi liberal blog, was arrested in 2012 and sentenced to 1,000 lashes, 10 years in prison, and a fine of more than $325,000 for insulting religious authorities. Badawi received the first 50 lashes on Jan. 9 in Jeddah, but his punishment has since been postponed indefinitely.

Badawi’s family is desperate, said Manea. “They want him back.” “The only hope we have is King Salman and a royal pardon.” A collection of Badawi’s writings, 1,000 Lashes, has been published in Quebec and in October, the European Union awarded him the prestigious Sakharov Prize for human rights.

]

ha " for insulting religious authorities"

Badawi, the founder of a Saudi liberal blog, was arrested in 2012 and sentenced to 1,000 lashes, 10 years in prison, and a fine of more than $325,000 for insulting religious authorities

Those rogus of Islam who never understood Islam and who act as religious authorities  are insulting Islam., they should be clean shaved,  stripped naked and put in zoo along with animals .....

Young Man........Mr. King Son  .. Son of Gun .. Mr. Mohammad bin Salman Al Saud..

Work with people of Arabia and release  Raif Badawai ..

DO NOT ACT LIKE SONS OF SADDAM HUSSEIN
     AND DON'T ACT LIKE SONS OF GADDAFI 

Reply #111 - December 17, 2015, 03:14 AM

Retaliation for the book ?
     Reply #112 - December 17, 2015, 09:52 AM

What the fuck else are they going to do to him they previously wouldn't anyway? I'm thinking of buying the book purely to support him.

Reply #113 - December 17, 2015, 10:00 AM

Me too
    I wasn't suggesting the book was a bad idea , just commenting on the Saudi's pathetic inability to cope with people expressing opinions
     Reply #114 - December 17, 2015, 10:17 AM

No I understood that, I was just giving my thoughts.

Reply #115 - December 23, 2015, 01:05 PM

Raif Badawi wins Sakharov Prize For Freedom of Thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsEAgHze1ko

Thank you guys., and thank you  European Parliament.,  That is great Honour for not to just Badwai but to freedom Freedom and freedom of expression..

An interview with Raif Badawi’s daughter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPpCm_HGFtU

Reply #116 - January 02, 2016, 01:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM_GhR0-b9k

Hope this year will bring you a better News girls.. But the way Saud suckers along with a Moron in Turkey are conspiring, I am worried for people like Raif... 

Reply #117 - January 25, 2016, 08:20 PM

Is Allah, the god of the Islam, now officially "The weakest and wussiest cry-baby god in the history of all mythology"?

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #118 - January 26, 2016, 12:13 AM

Is Allah, the god of the Islam, ............................

Hello Adey5., ONLY IDIOTS IN ISLAM  or STAUNCH RELIGIOUS FOOLS OF OTHER RELIGIONS who never knew Islam will consider such a religious preposterous assumption...  The word "Allah" is simply the Arabic word for "God" .,

"That word was there around Arabian peninsula way before the birth of Islam.  "Muhammad was NOT EVEN IN LIQUID FORM  when that word "Allah" came in to Arabic language. It was there before the birth of the created cartoon character "alleged prophet of Islam",., before the birth of the word  "Muhammad" for Islam,  ,Muhammad's   fathers and his forefathers,    In fact that  word is imported in to Arabic language and is nothing to do with Islam we see around since 1400 years  after the death of alleged "Muhammad"" story that we read  in the present Islam. .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"As soon as a thinker starts to reveal his ideas, you will find hundreds of fatwas that accused him of being an infidel just because he had the courage to discuss some sacred topics. I’m really worried that Arab thinkers will migrate in search of fresh air and to escape the sword of the religious authorities."
    ..................Raif Badawi..................

Reply #119 - January 30, 2016, 10:12 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67B9axcUUvI

and that tube comes out of this link

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFjqnpTL0RUh6SB8izTdLxw

Long Live CEMB

A Prisoner’s Wife from   Raif's beloved  wife  Ensaf Haidar speaks out

Ensaf Haidar  lives in exile  with their three children  in Canada.  Listen to what she says at this podcast

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/cdn.ricochet.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Q-and-A-hosted-by-Jay-Nordlinger-42b.mp3

• Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »