Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Another ex-Muslim joins the crew

(Read 9483 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Another ex-Muslim joins the crew
     OP - July 30, 2013, 05:55 PM

Hello, my name is Admiral Akbar. I am a British Bangladeshi, 16 year old male, live and from the north west of England.
    I first came across this website last January, and by February I wanted to sign up. But I noticed that I had to be at least 16 years old and at that time I was 15. So I decided to wait until I'm older, I wanted to do this properly. I was still exploring and reading posts because I found them interesting.
    Finally, today I turn 16, and wasted no time signing up.

Now with all that out of the way, I will like to explain how I ended leaving Islam.
    I was born as a Muslim, but I think that I shouldn't be. During my early childhood, my mum was teaching surahs from the Quran. My dad took me to my first Jummah prayer. And soon, I was sent to an after school Mosque where they you start of learning the basics of Islamic teachings, being able to read Arabic and make your way to the Quran. I hated it because it took out 2 hours of my free time every Monday to Friday.
    Despite all that, I was still a proud Muslim. I though Islam was the perfect religion, and Muhammed the best and Allah is the greatest.

As I grew older, Islam was creeping into my life more and more. Soon, other Muslims were telling me how to behave and how not to behave, what is good and bad.
    And I didn't like that. I don't want to be told how to piss in the toilets, or who I can meet. I don't want to judge Jews or other non-Muslims. Again, even though I didn't like, I wanted to remain a Muslim.

After many years of learning how Islam is the best, Allah is the best, yada yada yada, I finally came across some criticisms of Islam. At first I didn't want to hear or read bout it. I was too scared. I knew I couldn't just ignore them. Soon I learnt about how Muhammed married young Aisha. It was the first time I didn't like learning about the bad bits of Islam and its history.
    For some reason, I wanted to find out more about criticisms of Islam. I was shocked that wife beating is OK in Islam. I didn't like how women had less rights than men in Islam. I also don't understand why Islam has a problems with Jews and other non-Muslims.
    I kept exploring more and more about criticisms of Islam, but it wasn't really enough to make me leave Islam. But one thing it did make me do, and that is it made me ask questions. I was on the path of leaving Islam.

I asked many questions to myself and looked for the answers. Soon I came across videos posted by CEMB that asked  questions like, 'Why would God create someone, knowing that they are going to fail his test, and then torture them forever'.
    I just couldn't answer that, and I could no longer ignore it. I've ignored many criticisms and questions many times before, but could do it no longer.

At that point, I thought that I should be true to myself and say that I am no longer a Muslim.
    So here I am. I have to keep pretending that I am a Muslim, and it is frustrating. But on the bright side, my mind is now free.
    I no longer have to believe in this religious bullshit. I can finally accept Homosexuals as equal, and no longer have to hate the Juice Wink. Also, I no longer feel guilty touching the Quran without doing wudu (yes, I used to do that as a Muslim). I don't have all the freedom, hopefully I will.

"So what do we do?", "You know what we do."
     Reply #1 - July 30, 2013, 06:22 PM

Hey Admiral Akbar! Welcome to the forum! And since you said you turn 16 today, happy birthday  Smiley
     Reply #2 - July 30, 2013, 06:39 PM

Welcome, Admiral.

And welcome to adulthood. Smiley

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
     Reply #3 - July 30, 2013, 07:26 PM

Happy Birthday. Welcome to the forum..

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #4 - July 30, 2013, 07:33 PM

Hi Admiral Akbar!

Welcome to the forum and happy birthday!!  bunny parrot

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire
     Reply #5 - July 30, 2013, 08:32 PM

Hi there sailor!  grin12

Welcome to the forum - good to have you here!

Have a birthday piggy  Tongue

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #6 - July 30, 2013, 09:28 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. And thanks again for the birthday wishes.   thnkyu
    Also, I'm waiting to see if anybody got the reference of "Admiral Akbar".

Reply #7 - July 30, 2013, 09:40 PM

You're Admiral Great? The greatest admiral there is, ever was and ever shall be?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #8 - July 30, 2013, 11:02 PM

Indeed he is Smiley

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #9 - July 30, 2013, 11:12 PM

May the force be with him.

Reply #10 - July 30, 2013, 11:40 PM

welcome aboard and happy birthday,
     hppybday
     party!
    have some swine  piggy

btw your intro title is very similar to mine  Afro
     Reply #11 - July 30, 2013, 11:55 PM

Indeed he is Smiley

(Clicky for piccy!)

LOL Going to change my profile pic to something similar to this when I get the time.

And thanks hikaru.13

Reply #12 - July 31, 2013, 12:43 AM

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to register with your name. Welcome!  parrot

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #13 - July 31, 2013, 03:01 AM

Nice story. So young yet so smart.

Have  parrot and  bunny

Welcome bro!

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.
     Reply #14 - July 31, 2013, 07:03 AM

So all the time I was saying Allahu Akbar I was actually worshiping a starship flying rebel with bug eyes from Star Wars?

It's enough to make me want to convert back!   Wink

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
     Reply #15 - July 31, 2013, 07:29 AM

Cheesy

Reply #16 - July 31, 2013, 07:40 AM

dont convert back! it's a trap!  Cheesy

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.
     Reply #17 - July 31, 2013, 07:42 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That made my day!  thnkyu

Reply #18 - July 31, 2013, 08:29 AM

Blasphemy against a great alien.

Reply #19 - July 31, 2013, 11:23 AM

dont convert back! it's a trap!  Cheesy

(Clicky for piccy!)

LOL
    I'm surprised it took so long for someone to register with your name. Welcome!  parrot

Nice story. So young yet so smart.

Have  parrot and  bunny

Welcome bro!

Thanks

Reply #20 - July 31, 2013, 11:35 AM

I'm not sure how to change my profile picture. I can only select celebrities. Is there any guide/link that you can offer on how to change it?

Reply #21 - July 31, 2013, 12:40 PM

welcome Smiley
    here's a parrot  parrot
     Reply #22 - July 31, 2013, 12:53 PM

I'm not sure how to change my profile picture. I can only select celebrities. Is there any guide/link that you can offer on how to change it?

You can only change your pic to one that resides on the net. So find one you like, copy its http address and paste it into the relevant field in your profile settings. That should do it.

Reply #23 - July 31, 2013, 01:34 PM

Me and i-billy have cool ones.  Smiley

Reply #24 - July 31, 2013, 06:23 PM

Indeed. Smiley

Reply #25 - July 31, 2013, 07:46 PM

Wow!!   how many teenagers leaving islam!! (i'm 17)  Nice story and you did the right choice. Every1 should  leave that sick religon...
    WElcome  parrot     far away hug
     Reply #26 - July 31, 2013, 08:42 PM

^

Most of the people on this site are in their teens or twenties.   The future looks bright  grin12

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #27 - August 01, 2013, 12:32 PM

I just kept my profile pic as Bob Marley for now, he's a cool guy.

Wow!!   how many teenagers leaving islam!! (i'm 17)  Nice story and you did the right choice. Every1 should  leave that sick religon...
    WElcome  parrot     far away hug

Thanks INcePtion. I just read your intro. It's sad, but at least your mind is free.

@TheDarkRebel
     I bet most of the Muslims around my age would love the opportunity to be free from religion if they were not scared of Hell, if their parent didn't mind and if they did not get judged by other Muslims.
    Most of the Muslims around my age couldn't give a crap about Islam. They love to skip terawee when given the chance (especially the boys). They are not bothered having relations with others. The funny thing is, they pretend to be showing some brother/sister love. Kind of disgusting, but still cute. Most Muslim teens would take the opportunity to have a relationship with other non-Muslims. Muslim teen girls that wear a scarf know that deep down, they would love the freedom of having their hair blowing in the wind.
    In fact, the only time Muslim teens do get religious, is when something bad happens or they want a bit of extra luck (like on exams), or when it's the month of Ramadan.

Reply #28 - August 01, 2013, 12:58 PM

So how can you tap that, Akbar? How can you and others like you get them to follow you to freedom? The more who do the more will follow.

Reply #29 - August 01, 2013, 02:06 PM

Glad to have you with us, Akbar parrot

Given your name, I feel this is appropriate:
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »