Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: hi there

(Read 3211 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • hi there
     OP - July 27, 2013, 10:55 PM

I have been thinking, I want to attract more supporters for CEMB. I thought of order custom print clothes. I put like www.councilofexmuslimofbritain.com or the likes. do u think its good idea or it attracts mostly negative things more than good?
  • hi there
     Reply #1 - July 28, 2013, 12:17 AM

If it's not against the site rules then it's up to you mate. I think living in the UK and having your faith as a minority coupled with all the negativity surrounding it, it could certainly raise some hackles. There are members on this site who after coming out, have faced many negative reactions ranging from emotional outbursts and blackmail to threats of violence, perhaps actual violence.

While I don't imagine the majority of muslims in Britain would physically harm you, walking around with an ex-muslim t-shirt on could be an invitation for abuse. But that does not for one minute mean we won't exercise our right as free human beings to have ourselves heard.

Personally I encourage people to have the courage to speak up and not let themselves be intimidated or demonised, but it is a said state of affairs that I have to offer caution.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • hi there
     Reply #2 - July 29, 2013, 09:58 AM

I too would counsel caution.

However, I do sense that there is a 'sheep' mentality just waiting to be tapped out there i.e. if you come out others will too. I'm new to this site and was astounded to realise the group has been around since 2007 (I think) - all that time and I thought I was alone(ish).

In my opinion, a few strategically managed public events will tipp things in our favour and bring in the numbers to make those who are Muslim-ish brave enough to take that final step, possibly by bumping into someone they know and realising "Oh my (non-existant) god! You're just like me!"  Smiley

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
  • hi there
     Reply #3 - July 29, 2013, 10:04 AM

Oh my (non-existant) god!

OMNEG! Another phrase I will use from now on.  dance

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." George Orwell
  • hi there
     Reply #4 - July 29, 2013, 10:07 AM

Can be said in two syllables too! Cheesy

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »