Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Loosing family for alcohol

(Read 2201 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Loosing family for alcohol
     OP - July 26, 2013, 09:35 PM

Hey all you ex-muslims and atheist out there, may i just first thank you for creating this awsome site. It's so hard being a atheist in the closet, and therefore it's so nice to meet others who is in the same position.

Now let me intruduce myself i am a 20 year old somalian man, who lives in Denmark. With my mother and 6 younger siblings, so it's hard for me to go out and have fun. Because of the social control, my family enforces on me. That's it also the main subject i wanna talk about in this thread.

My mom found out that i had been drinking some time ago, and then she kicked me out of the house, just like that. I had to sleep with one of my friends from school, just to have a roof over my head, before she eventually forgave me and let me back in. Now she has forbid me to be with the friend i was out drinking with, and the problem is he actually  is the only person i hang out with. She doesn't know that i am an atheist, and i really don't know how she would react, if she found out. I guess she would be even moore upset than me drinking, if that's even possible.

The story get's even more crazy because when my dad called, the time i was kicked out. I couldn't say that i was kicked out because of drinking, so i just told him i was sleeping over with a friend. He doesn't talk much with my mother because they are divorsed. Over the phone he was disgussed with the fact that i was sleeping over with a male friend. He just extremely hate eveything with homosexuallity, you know because of the so called holy koran, and then he suspected me for one. He has even said that he would personally decapitate homosexuals, if he found some. I don't know if he really would, but the hate is strong.

So that's is just my story i am currently studying know, and trying to find my own apartment. I hope you comment on my story, and i would apologize for the spelling.

They say the prophet is all good. He is probably just a sociapath. Unless they think slavery, misogany, pedophilia and war-mongoring are all good.
     Reply #1 - July 26, 2013, 09:37 PM

Hey all you ex-muslims and atheist out there, may i just first thank you for creating this awsome site. It's so hard being a atheist in the closet, and therefore it's so nice to meet others who is in the same position.

Now let me intruduce myself i am a 20 year old somalian man, who lives in Denmark. With my mother and 6 younger siblings, so it's hard for me to go out and have fun. Because of the social control, my family enforces on me. That's it also the main subject i wanna talk about in this thread.

My mom found out that i had been drinking some time ago, and then she kicked me out of the house, just like that. I had to sleep with one of my friends from school, just to have a roof over my head, before she eventually forgave me and let me back in. Now she has forbid me to be with the friend i was out drinking with, and the problem is he actually  is the only person i hang out with. She doesn't know that i am an atheist, and i really don't know how she would react, if she found out. I guess she would be even moore upset than me drinking, if that's even possible.

The story get's even more crazy because when my dad called, the time i was kicked out. I couldn't say that i was kicked out because of drinking, so i just told him i was sleeping over with a friend. He doesn't talk much with my mother because they are divorsed. Over the phone he was disgussed with the fact that i was sleeping over with a male friend. He just extremely hate eveything with homosexuallity, you know because of the so called holy koran, and then he suspected me for one. He has even said that he would personally decapitate homosexuals, if he found some. I don't know if he really would, but the hate is strong.

So that's is just my story i am currently studying know, and trying to find my own apartment. I hope you comment on my story, and i would apologize for the spelling.

p.s sorry for creating this thread as a poll before, i am just starting to learn how this shit work.

They say the prophet is all good. He is probably just a sociapath. Unless they think slavery, misogany, pedophilia and war-mongoring are all good.
     Reply #2 - July 26, 2013, 09:54 PM

Velkommen til The somali !

It's really hard to keep the social life going while living in a muslim family that constantly tries to control you. Especially while living in a country like Denmark, where almost everyone is an "infidel". I totally understand your situation.

I've found out that it's a tradition to give every new member a parrot, so here's one for you  parrot

Good luck with finding an apartment!

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." George Orwell
     Reply #3 - July 26, 2013, 10:01 PM

Hey, welcome, great to have you here  Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #4 - July 26, 2013, 10:38 PM

Velkommen The Somali Smiley

That is some pretty bad and lonely situation you seem to be in :( Sorry to hear your parents are so strict and controlling. And with 6 younger siblings? Yikes!

I hope you find a payable apartment (hard these days!) so you can move for yourself and be more "you" and hang out with whomever you would like to hang out with.

Ha' en 'gøje! grin12 parrot

Your English is perfectly understandable - don't worry Afro

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #5 - July 27, 2013, 12:39 AM

Hey man I know how you feel.

My advice. After what happened with you getting kicked out.

DON'T RISK IT ANYMORE.    Don't do anything haraam until you are financially independent. You can always catch up on the stuff you missed out on once your independent.  I know it's hard but you just gotta stay strong for a few years until you can live on your own.

Welcome to the forum  parrot   

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #6 - July 27, 2013, 07:58 AM

Fortunately you have some fellow Danes here  Smiley

Welcome to the forum.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »