Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Calling all Birmingham Ex-Muslims!

(Read 18389 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Calling all Birmingham Ex-Muslims!
     OP - July 23, 2013, 06:57 PM

Good evening ladies & gentlemen!  

I trust you are well this fine evening.

My account here is old but I hail from another magical place called Reddit and I thought now is a better time than ever for my first post Wink  

I am currently trying to get together the first Ex-muslim group in Birmingham! This is no easy task as you folks seem to be so well hidden these days. I do however, get the feeling that Birmingham is teeming with Ex-Muslims just looking for likeminded people.

How many of you have actually met another Ex-muslim? Well, now is your chance! We over at the Reddit gang have been very busy in London! We've had events every week from camping to picnics in the park to Halloween (Mullah-ween) and Christmas (Ex-Mas) parties with 20+ Ex-Muslims in attendance! Not only that, but I'm sure you've heard by now of the northern group bringing together Ex-Muslims from Manchester, Leeds and (gasp!) Bradford. Started by a lovely chap I happened to meet in London and who now is doing great work deep in enemy territory Tongue We couldn't now leave the second city out of the party could we? Wink

I'm gonna need you guys to help me make it as awesome as possible! Smiley

I'm currently looking at August Sunday 4th at 2pm in the centre of Birmingham (you'll get the venue once you get in touch with me).  

If you are in the Birmingham/West Midlands area or you know someone either on these boards or personally, please either post here or drop me a private message Smiley
     Reply #1 - July 24, 2013, 08:17 AM

OMG this sounds so good...apart from that day! Why not after Rhamadan? I can't do Sundays either. :(
     Reply #2 - July 24, 2013, 11:27 AM

Ugh, I'm unavailable during the day. No evening drinks then? I'll travel to Birmingham/Manchester. Maybe even Bradford. Smiley

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #3 - July 24, 2013, 07:32 PM

Hey hey there guys! Smiley

So glad to hear you're interested.  You can't be the only  Ex-Muslims in the West Midlands. I think not! Wink

Expecta PM from me shortly. The date and timeshouldn't  matter so much as I'm expectingto  have a series of these before the great Birmingham Ex-Muslim Super Event in September which will bring together Ex-Muslims from across the UK (shhhhh!) but I'm keeping that under wraps for now Wink

If you know any Ex-Muslims in the area, get in touch with me! Smiley
     Reply #4 - July 24, 2013, 09:05 PM

Hello mate.

I feel I am at point where I'd like to meet/network with other exmuslims. My main concern is the security though and people being who they say they are. I'm still very much closeted for the time bieng, so I have to be quite cautious to whom I open up.

Travel and date/time shouldn't be a problem for me.

What kind of verification procedure do you use. Feel free to pm me.
     Reply #5 - July 24, 2013, 09:24 PM

Your security concerns are noted and understandable Smiley

Messaged.

Hope to hear from you soon.
     Reply #6 - July 25, 2013, 01:10 AM

I live in brum. Might be interesting to meet like-minded people. But, like BreakerofVows, I think holding it on Sunday and on the last week of ramadan is awkward. Isn't Sunday night going to by laylatul qadr for many muslims too? I have the same concerns as e-raja as well.
     Reply #7 - July 25, 2013, 07:05 PM

Hi UberSlave Smiley

On security concerns: I understand where you are coming from. I have spoken to somebody who tried to set up a group in Brum previously and noted the difficulties he came across. We  in London have a particular strength and that is that we will remain hidden. I won't just be inviting anyone  who claimsto  be an Ex-muslim I assure you. Everyonewill be vetted and this vetting will only become more stringent as time goes along.

PM me and we can get chatting Smiley
     Reply #8 - July 25, 2013, 08:20 PM

Btw everybody, feel free to peruse the below link and the links within the links lest you think I'm an undercover hizb-ut-tahrir agent :p

http://www.reddit.com/r/exmuslim/comments/1izheh/the_first_birmingham_exmuslim_minimeet/.compact
     Reply #9 - July 26, 2013, 12:24 PM

pm sent

Don't read all those science books bro, you'll just get more confused.

That's funny. The more science I read, the less confused I get.
     Reply #10 - July 26, 2013, 12:28 PM

Crap, can't make it. I'm hoping some of the meetings will be in the evenings, I'm always unavailable during the day but could be in Birmingham for about 8pm in October.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #11 - July 26, 2013, 07:43 PM

LEGIT. Found out my cousin is also a murtad through him. Scoring points already.

Reply #12 - July 26, 2013, 07:58 PM

Afro

Reply #13 - July 26, 2013, 08:47 PM

Jezuz fucking christ Britain seems to be full of ex muslims all over the place from what i've read here.

At this rate hopefully apostasy from islam will be seen as normal within two generations.   parrot 

We ex muslims gotta organize and pave the way for future generations of ex muslims to come.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #14 - July 26, 2013, 08:58 PM

Makes you proud to be British.

Reply #15 - July 26, 2013, 09:19 PM

Scuse my language but FUCKING THIS.  

This is why I do this Cheesy  

Do any of you guys realise how many Ex-Muslims you must meet on a weekly basis? Fucking loads! People you've known for years, your entire life are just like you! Little islands of people who have no idea that there are others just like them.  

I've known jvegas's cousin for a while. Lovely person. I'm glad to have had the opportunity to have bought them together Cheesy  

If you're in the West Midlands or you know somebody here PM ME NOW! ^_^  
     Reply #16 - July 26, 2013, 10:27 PM

Oh this is awesome, I didn't know Birmingham had a thriving apostate community   Smiley

Would love to meet up, but I can't do anything in Ramadan tbh due to commitments. Plus I fear I'll be the awkward youngster at 18 :p
     Reply #17 - July 26, 2013, 10:42 PM

Hey abzm94 Smiley

There is no Birmingham Ex-Muslim community just yet,  but we'll have one soon enough Smiley  It just means finding those islands of people and bringing them together.

Yeah I realise Ramadan isn't convenient for some people but  it seems quite apt don't you think? Wink

You wouldn't be too young trust me! Anybody of any age can  come along.

PM me!
     Reply #18 - July 26, 2013, 11:22 PM

Guys I can safely say that MrHappyMan is genuine, so don't worry people to get in contact with him!  Afro
     Reply #19 - July 27, 2013, 12:35 AM

Ahh shit I can't actually make it. Thought it was Sept.

Reply #20 - July 27, 2013, 12:36 AM

Scuse my language but FUCKING THIS.  

This is why I do this Cheesy  

Do any of you guys realise how many Ex-Muslims you must meet on a weekly basis? Fucking loads! People you've known for years, your entire life are just like you! Little islands of people who have no idea that there are others just like them.  

I've known jvegas's cousin for a while. Lovely person. I'm glad to have had the opportunity to have bought them together Cheesy  

If you're in the West Midlands or you know somebody here PM ME NOW! ^_^  

If you are wanting to create an ex muslim community in your city  you could use this website.
    Other ex muslim meetup groups use this site for their meetups so you might also find it useful.

http://www.meetup.com/find/

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #21 - July 27, 2013, 07:37 AM

I would just like to tip my hat to MrHappyMan. Speaking as an outsider looking in I see the feelings of loneliness and isolation so many ex-muslims go through, if not fear and despair.. The man is going out of his way to try and start an actual community, giving people the opportunity to be themselves and see just how not alone they are. The sense of relief must be incredible. Sir, you are doing a wonderful thing and I salute you.

Reply #22 - July 27, 2013, 03:50 PM

one of my friends who is emancipated from islam is close to bham and Is looking to make new friends from a similar journey, can you be contacted via email/facebook/twitter?

message me plz  Smiley
     Reply #23 - July 27, 2013, 05:25 PM

Had a nice conversation with Mrhappyman. He checks out for me.  Smiley Afro
     Reply #24 - July 27, 2013, 08:44 PM

I would just like to tip my hat to MrHappyMan. Speaking as an outsider looking in I see the feelings of loneliness and isolation so many ex-muslims go through, if not fear and despair.. The man is going out of his way to try and start an actual community, giving people the opportunity to be themselves and see just how not alone they are. The sense of relief must be incredible. Sir, you are doing a wonderful thing and I salute you.

Thank you very much kind Sir Smiley

I don't really know what else to say.

It  takes a great deal of  determination to get something like this up and running.  But I'm committed to creating a self sustaining grass roots Ex-muslim community here. You  will see the fruits of this in the coming months as I do my best to get Ex-Muslims  bonding with each other Smiley
     Reply #25 - July 27, 2013, 09:47 PM

Not sure if I said this but I'm usually unavailable during the day and can probably next get to Birmingham an evening in October, but I'm sure I'm not alone in saying if you need any assistance, if I can help it's yours.

Reply #26 - July 28, 2013, 03:49 PM

I'm looking to have another couple of meets in August and two in September including The Birmingham Ex-Muslim Super Event in September 21st Cheesy You'll definitely wasn't to come to that as it'll bring together Ex-Muslims from  across  the UK Smiley

As  for help man,  the best you could do is send any west Midlands Ex-Muslims my way. If you notice anyone here is in the area, refer them to me Smiley

Thank you very much man Smiley
     Reply #27 - July 29, 2013, 08:57 AM

Hello I'm from brum and just came on to this site for the first time a few days ago. I'd really like to meet other ex-muslims. Am free August Sunday 4th at 2pm if that's still on.

I think as long as we meet somewhere public there isn't any security risk as far as I'm concerned. I would like to know a bit about who I'm meeting beforehand if possible though.

Please get in touch
     Reply #28 - July 29, 2013, 10:03 AM

PM sent! Smiley
     Reply #29 - July 29, 2013, 10:27 AM

iam from egypt i was muslim but now i belife with jesus so muslim want kil me what i can do
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »