Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: No more Islam for me!

(Read 3066 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • No more Islam for me!
     OP - July 23, 2013, 02:28 PM

Hello fellow ex Muslims

I am probably a lot older than most of you here, I am early 50 and now an ex Muslim.
    I am born and bred in London but now living in another European country although I miss London.
    I was born into the ahmadiyya sect of Islam and I never knew why I always felt uncomfortable with this sect but like a good ahmadi Muslim I was told never to question just follow.  The ahmadis are considered non muslims by the orthodox muslims and that always bothered me as to why but back then we did not have internet so now with the technology we have today I was able to find  wealth of information for finding the truth about ahmadiyya and Islam.
    My children in fact told me in 2011 that they believed that ahamdiyyat is a cult and is false, they were worried I might go mad at them but I was never like that in fact it gave me the courage to do my own research and after few months I knew that my feelings as a small child were right, this ahmadiyya sect is not part of Islam but rather a cult.
    I made the decision to leave ahmadiyya but with consequences, which led to divorce and I have no contact with my parents, grandparents and siblings.
    Further into my studies I needed to see if Islam the right religion for me so after months and months of study I was at a lost. 
    I know I am not an atheist, I believe in a supreme being who takes care of me and through my own personal experiences I felt his presence.
    I started to read the bible and I prayed and prayed for answers and I got my answer. Yes I am a Christian and was baptised in June.  My children have also left Islam but they are seeking their own path and I will not influence them, I shall let them go on this journey on their own but will always be there supporting what ever they decide, however, my children did attend my baptism.
    I am happy where I am as before, as a muslim, I was depressed, no purpose in life, Islam is a very dark place to be in. 
    There is so much more to say as to what really led me to Christianity and about Islam but I am not quite there yet to say so maybe one day.

Can I just say that I do find the ex muslims here very courageous  and found the truth and wish all of you the true happiness what ever your believes are.
  • No more Islam for me!
     Reply #1 - July 23, 2013, 02:33 PM

parrot

I am ex christian now atheist.  Be careful you are not jumping from the frying pan to the fire!  I recommend rock and roll!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • No more Islam for me!
     Reply #2 - July 23, 2013, 05:10 PM

Welcome Helena22! I hope you find christianity to be more fulfilling than islam.
    I used to be a Christian, well actually a Jehovah's witness, and I found christianity to be quite unimpressive.

Hope you enjoy posting here!  Smiley

• No more Islam for me!
     Reply #3 - July 23, 2013, 09:45 PM

If I recall correctly Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was the founder of your previous sect and sort of what Jesus is to Christians right?

Why you all from London? I DEMAND NOTTS MEMBERS!!!!!

Also, welcome to the forum Smiley

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • No more Islam for me!
     Reply #4 - July 24, 2013, 04:01 AM

Welcome to the forum!
    I recommend to not stop questioning.

signwelcome

"The future is bright; only we can get there faster"
  • No more Islam for me!
     Reply #5 - July 24, 2013, 04:23 AM

Welcome to the forum Smiley
  • No more Islam for me!
     Reply #6 - July 24, 2013, 07:00 AM

A friend once told me that the British Empire invented the ahmadiyyah sect to eventually turn as many indian muslims into christians as they can. I laughed at him. I'm glad he's not on this forum and rubbing my face in it now.

Wellcome to the forum.
  • No more Islam for me!
     Reply #7 - July 24, 2013, 08:06 AM

Yes, because creating a new form of islam would be a great way to bring them to the true saviour of humanity. Little known fact: Christopher Hitchens was actually trying to bring people to hinduism, the sneaky old goat. That's why he died. Richard Dawkins poisoned him. Dawkins is secretly trying to spread scientology.

If anyone wants proof let me know, I'll figure out a way to make it fit given enough time.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • No more Islam for me!
     Reply #8 - July 24, 2013, 08:49 AM

Hi Helena22 Smiley

Welcome to the forum Smiley Have a piggy piggy

I must say your story sounds very painful! I'm very glad to hear you get to keep contact with your kids!

Your parents, grandparents and siblings cut the contact with you? I seriously can't imagine how that would feel - how did you find the strength not to succumb and crawl back into the fold? Must have been a lot of drama Cry

Hugs from Denmark far away hug

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • No more Islam for me!
     Reply #9 - July 24, 2013, 01:09 PM

Yes, because creating a new form of islam would be a great way to bring them to the true saviour of humanity.

"To travel from point A to point B, one does not need to travel in a straight line"
  • No more Islam for me!
     Reply #10 - July 24, 2013, 02:13 PM

Hello fellow humans

My name is Mohammed and I am from Kuwait
    I became an ex Muslim just recently for finding out that the Qur'an has so many historical inaccuracy and all the BS of so-called "scientific in the Qur'an"
    Now that I have to face the fact that I am kinda....all alone
    which forced me to still be pretend that I am good Muslim who believes that Jinns have nothing better to do than piss and vomit on us, women are idiots, and the all the hocus pocus stuff that I have NO! idea how Muslims believes in it without any shred of doubt cross their mind.
    I feel so depressed to the point sometimes I wish I haven't asked to many question that led me to my unbelief

How do you deal with this situation?

Thank You

YOLO AND SWAG WILL SET YOU FREE
  • No more Islam for me!
     Reply #11 - July 24, 2013, 02:40 PM

Hi Nero,

Sounds hollowing being there all alone :(

If you feel like, please post a stand-alone introduction of yourself on the Introductions forum.

You are not the only ex-Muslim from the Gulf Smiley There are others here (I readily recall Saudi and Bahraini)

Best regards and a big welcome from Denmark Smiley  far away hug

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • No more Islam for me!
     Reply #12 - July 24, 2013, 02:42 PM

You could always tell them about Pastafarianism, talk about the claims of other religions to be the one true religion and that the followers believe it to be true as much as they believe islam to be true, discuss how that's not the case, and then shift it towards islam?

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »