Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New here

(Read 2373 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • New here
     OP - July 16, 2013, 04:34 PM

Just joined and wanted to say a couple of things.

Firstly - loved the photo BerberElla!

Secondly - I've only been researching Islam properly for less than 2 months (since the murder of Lee Rigby) and I'm appalled at what I found. It's heartbreaking to learn that it is spreading throughout Britain sharia council by sharia council and the British people are still asleep. Nevertheless it's heartening to find there are groups like yours and people like you willing to break free from a religion that wants to kill you for it. My best wishes to you all.

Also, I'd like to ask the occasional question from people who will have informed opinions. Such as - is it true, as Wafa Sultan says, that when Muslims refer five times a day in their prayers to "those whom God has cursed" they are referring to the Jews?

Thanks
  • New here
     Reply #1 - July 16, 2013, 04:53 PM

I guess it's just propaganda on the part of muslims, but I remember hearing about many Americans becoming muslim after researching the religion post Sept. 11th attacks on the twin towers. I guess the internet wasn't as prevalent as it is now.

In the opening surah of the quran there is a line which refers to those who allah has cursed and those who have been led astray. This surah is recited multiple times within the 5 daily prayers. I only knew what the words meant when I was 16, more than 20 years ago, but was not told who it was referring to, I just took it as a general meaning of individuals who have been cursed for their actions or who have been led astray. Only in the past few years, since the rise of saudi/salafi/wahabi (whatever you want to call it) teaching becoming so mainstream within the muslim communities that I learned that the cursed ones are a reference to the jews and the ones that have been led astray are the christians.
  • New here
     Reply #2 - July 19, 2013, 03:52 AM

Actually that might be true. I remember back in the 90s there was a film out called (I think) the Craft. It shone a very bad light on Witchcraft and many Witches and other branches of Pagans were quite nervous about the possibly of the film giving rise to hostility towards those practising the faith. Result of the film? New followers of Witchcraft. Wicca, Druidism, etc. because they were curious and looked into it.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • New here
     Reply #3 - July 19, 2013, 01:23 PM

Hey welcome...stick around!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »