Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Have you been to Ummah.com ?

(Read 114252 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Have you been to Ummah.com ?
     Reply #240 - April 15, 2015, 02:23 PM

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?438856-Council-of-Ex-Muslims-is-sending-trolls-to-the-forum/page2

When is it my turn to be paid to go troll their forum  finmad
     Reply #241 - April 15, 2015, 03:26 PM

I would gladly step my blasphemy game up if someone wanted to pay for it, but paying me to spend time on ummah.com might be pushing it, even if the pay came with the fantastic mental health coverage I'd need after.
     Reply #242 - April 15, 2015, 04:01 PM

Council of Ex-Muslims is sending trolls to the forum

[Edited out to protect iman]

Be wary brothers and sisters!!!!
    Last edited by galacticwarrior; 12-04-15 at 09:36 PM. Reason: edited out link

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #243 - April 15, 2015, 04:04 PM

Imam must be weak if a forum link needs to be removed to protect it.
     Reply #244 - April 15, 2015, 04:17 PM

I can't tell which is sadder: that they still don't realize how badly it reflects on them that they need to protect themselves from reading critical views of their beliefs, or the fact that, a little further down, there appears to be a couple users struggling with the idea that people can have their faith taken from them out of nowhere and at God's will. Between those two points it's clear they're still starved for self-reflection.

It's strange, though. You'd at least think all of them would be more familiar with the Quran. You don't even have to read very far into it to hit verses discussing this very issue.
     Reply #245 - April 15, 2015, 04:35 PM

It's amazing how the idea of a support group is completely lost on them. For people who profess to have islam as their whole life, why having that gone would result in a need to find connections with people who share your experiences should be obvious.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #246 - April 15, 2015, 04:59 PM

Sister, you don't seem very ashamed on the so-called "Council of Ex-Muslims"

4b96ae11e9a94a57789d0d59c311fab7.png

But sister, to answer your question, Islam doesn't change - people do. And it's up to people how they follow Islam, if they want to follow Allah (swt) or not, and at the end of the day we'll end up with the murtadeen, the munafiqeen and the mu'mineen. People are being influenced by the Western way of life and for them that's their trial and test, you should aim to guide and advise them, and at the end of the day be a good muslim.

d266a5a54f3724f12349388fd1e6fb71.png

He is making us worship him because He is the only one worthy to be worshipped. If no-one in the universe ever mentioned His Name again then His kingdom would not diminish by an iota. We need to worship Allah (swt), because there is no other choice, and without His mercy you would not exist.

What do the links provide? Just tells me

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page.

Reply #247 - April 15, 2015, 05:00 PM

I can't tell which is sadder: that they still don't realize how badly it reflects on them that they need to protect themselves from reading critical views of their beliefs,

Don't let the shatan whisper things remember. That rascal.
     Reply #248 - April 15, 2015, 05:04 PM

In islam (and judaism and christianity), Abraham tried to murder his own child and the Devil sent three jinns to try and stop him. One of those moments I wonder if Iblis really is the bad guy.

Reply #249 - April 15, 2015, 05:37 PM

^ But if you are of the world view that there is an afterlife where he and his son will be handsomely rewarded and made whole for the gesture that becomes a shallow  criticism.
     Reply #250 - April 15, 2015, 05:51 PM

^ But if you are of the world view that there is an afterlife where he and his son will be handsomely rewarded and made whole for the gesture that becomes a shallow  criticism.

The idea that it is ok to stand by and watch needless suffering with the promise of making it up to him later is not a shallow criticism in my opinion.
     Reply #251 - April 15, 2015, 05:55 PM

I agree that it definitely doesn't sound like something the most merciful of the merciful would set up, but for people like our friends at ummah, it's laughable. They're coming from the perspective where the world is a test and it's not an effective test without some suffering.

It's ridiculous, but there it is.
     Reply #252 - April 16, 2015, 02:50 AM

what the eff is an "ex-Muslim terrorist"?

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #253 - April 16, 2015, 05:17 AM

An ex-,muslim who exercises their right to free speech?

Reply #254 - April 16, 2015, 07:14 AM

Can't believe how they treated me though. I wasn't even trolling or making fun of them, I was just trying to see what they'd say to someone who was 'losing faith'. Anyways, what did I expect anyway  Cheesy I'm glad they had to edit out the links to 'protect iman', nice to see we have such a profound effect on their beliefs  grin12

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies.
     Reply #255 - April 16, 2015, 08:18 AM

What do the links provide? Just tells me

The links are to rebutt what I had said on this forum, yup he went as far as to try exposing me. The first one is what I posted on this topic about 'feeling restricted on ummah.com' and the other is about 'critical thinking' on this topic. Should I fight back?

Reply #256 - April 16, 2015, 09:06 AM

Should I fight back?

No. Good lord, who has time for that? Sometimes you just have to let crazy people be crazy.

Find comfort in the fact that, if we were being paid by some organization to turn people away from Islam, ummah.com would deserve to be on that payroll.
     Reply #257 - April 16, 2015, 09:29 AM

But...  Cry

Ah yes, so very comforting  Smiley

Reply #258 - April 16, 2015, 09:30 AM

Eh, I can't see it mattering. If you still want to delve into both sides of the argument before deciding if islam is for you, there are places other than ummah.

Reply #259 - April 16, 2015, 09:43 AM

Right. I've been trying to watch dawah stuff and 'motivational' lectures on Islam, but it's not working anymore... Leading a life being critical seems more appealing to me...

Reply #260 - April 16, 2015, 09:50 AM

Eh, I can't see it mattering. If you still want to delve into both sides of the argument before deciding if islam is for you, there are places other than ummah.

That's true. I might have missed welcoming you, Sachi, so I don't know what your story is, but if you still have unresolved questions about Islam, you still have a lot of options. You don't have to either be part of the ummah forum or part of CEMB. There's a lot of room in between, so take your time and figure out what makes sense to you and what works for you.

In fact, I'd highly recommend studying Islam without the often-spurious and conflicting chatter you get from forum users on Islamic websites and go straight to the sources, and consult reputable individuals who actually understand the history and the language when you have questions.
     Reply #261 - April 16, 2015, 09:59 AM

Right. I've been trying to watch dawah stuff and 'motivational' lectures on Islam, but it's not working anymore... Leading a life being critical seems more appealing to me...

A lot of that is just absolute bullshit anyway. It's the gormless twats who lap up everything the likes of Hamza Tzortzis and the gibbering chimp dawahman sprout. That isn't even about convincing anyone, it's preaching to the choir.

My personal advice is to simply read the quran. If you've already read it and you don't believe it, if you see the errors, plagerism and outright bollocks, well, that's that then.

Reply #262 - April 16, 2015, 10:04 AM

Thank you lua  Smiley My story isn't anything crazy, I was just born Muslim, raised Muslim, had my doubts and then wanted to leave. I'll have my go at studying Islam, but I'm unsure of where to actually go  Huh?

Reply #263 - April 16, 2015, 10:08 AM

Unless you came out your mother's womb saying "I declare there is no god but allah and Mo is his messenger", you weren't born muslim.

Reply #264 - April 16, 2015, 10:09 AM

A lot of that is just absolute bullshit anyway. It's the gormless twats who lap up everything the likes of Hamza Tzortzis and the gibbering chimp dawahman sprout. That isn't even about convincing anyone, it's preaching to the choir.

My personal advice is to simply read the quran. If you've already read it and you don't believe it, if you see the errors, plagerism and outright bollocks, well, that's that then.

Haha, yes I did try the Quran, and of course, I got bored. It puts such an emphasis on how 'great God is' and how 'twatty the disbelievers are', doesn't seem all that perfect to me anymore... Half of it doesn't make any sense as well. So much for the 'perfect and fully detailed book' :/ Oh and I meant I was born and raised Muslim  Tongue

Reply #265 - April 16, 2015, 10:24 AM

No one is born believing that one particular god and one particular religion is true. You mean you were born to muslim parents? Different thing.

Reply #266 - April 16, 2015, 01:27 PM

Haha, yes I did try the Quran, and of course, I got bored. It puts such an emphasis on how 'great God is' and how 'twatty the disbelievers are', doesn't seem all that perfect to me anymore... Half of it doesn't make any sense as well. So much for the 'perfect and fully detailed book' :/ Oh and I meant I was born and raised Muslim  Tongue

Well, boring or no, if this is something you're interested in figuring out in full and putting to rest one way or the other in your mind, the Quran and ahadith are the way to go.

Quran.com is excellent, you can read multiple translations and also see and hear it in Arabic. If some parts stick out for you, write or call some local masjids and there may be an imam willing to sit down with you and explain the passages. I would not recommend doing this if you live somewhere that this might make trouble for you. I definitely wouldn't recommend taking your doubts and questions to a masjid your parents visit.

Otherwise, for most problematic verses, there's a plethora of apologist articles online you can read and make up your mind about, although it truly helps to find sources that go out of their way to defend their positions by explaining the Arabic behind it. There's no shortage of disagreements, even within sects, so read everything critically.

At the same time, it's not on you to read and study the texts of every single religion in the world before making your decision. Anyone who claims to have studied each exhaustively before settling on Islam or atheism or Christianity is most likely lying. If you already feel like you've seen enough of it, maybe you have. At any point in your studies, that's your call to make.

I would recommend again that you take your time. There's no rush to declare yourself one thing or another.
     Reply #267 - April 17, 2015, 07:35 AM

No one is born believing that one particular god and one particular religion is true. You mean you were born to muslim parents? Different thing.

*puts on Islamic spectacles* Actually, according to Islam, all human beings who have come to life on Earth answered to the shahadah, so we are all supposed to be Muslim. This is what I heard from my Islamic studies teacher, haven't heard it anywhere else so excuse me if this is made up or fake or whatever. *takes off Islamic spectacles*

Reply #268 - April 17, 2015, 07:42 AM

Well, boring or no, if this is something you're interested in figuring out in full and putting to rest one way or the other in your mind, the Quran and ahadith are the way to go.

Quran.com is excellent, you can read multiple translations and also see and hear it in Arabic. If some parts stick out for you, write or call some local masjids and there may be an imam willing to sit down with you and explain the passages. I would not recommend doing this if you live somewhere that this might make trouble for you. I definitely wouldn't recommend taking your doubts and questions to a masjid your parents visit.

Otherwise, for most problematic verses, there's a plethora of apologist articles online you can read and make up your mind about, although it truly helps to find sources that go out of their way to defend their positions by explaining the Arabic behind it. There's no shortage of disagreements, even within sects, so read everything critically.

At the same time, it's not on you to read and study the texts of every single religion in the world before making your decision. Anyone who claims to have studied each exhaustively before settling on Islam or atheism or Christianity is most likely lying. If you already feel like you've seen enough of it, maybe you have. At any point in your studies, that's your call to make.

I would recommend again that you take your time. There's no rush to declare yourself one thing or another.

Afro
    I'll have a look at the website and have a go at what you've advised, thank you.
    It's like... I want to settle on something but I can't. I want to be an atheist but I can't. Confusionss  wacko

Reply #269 - April 17, 2015, 10:29 AM

You're welcome, and like I said, no rush. Lots of people have been in your position before. 

And a belated welcome to the forum, Sochi!
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »