Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Police Officer and 3 men stabbed inside mosque in Birmingham

(Read 1645 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Police Officer and 3 men stabbed inside mosque in Birmingham
     OP - June 16, 2013, 07:44 AM

Three men and a police officer have been stabbed at a mosque in Birmingham. News is still sketchy right now....

A spokeswoman for West Midlands police said: "Police were called at 11pm on Saturday night to a mosque in Washwood Heath Road, Ward End, to reports of three men with stab wounds.

"Officers arrived at the incident and whilst the man was being detained, one police officer also suffered a stab wound.

"The three people and the officer have been taken to hospital, all are currently described as stable."

All three men and the officer were stabbed inside the mosque, the police spokeswoman confirmed. Officers were investigating whether the attack was a hate crime.

"We don't know at the moment, it's very early stages in the inquiry," the spokeswoman said. "We can't rule anything out at the moment."

Mohammed Shafiq, the leader of national Muslim organisation the Ramadhan Foundation, said: "The Ramadhan Foundation expresses its deep concern at the stabbing of three people and a police officer in the Ward End mosque in Birmingham last night.

"Our immediate thoughts are with the victims injured and their families.

"It is too early to speculate on the circumstances of the stabbings but we must be clear there should be no place for this sort of violence in our country.

"There will obviously be people who will try to take advantage of this tragedy but we must not allow them to succeed."

A nearby resident reported hearing an argument coming from inside the mosque and believed it was a domestic incident between members, Shafiq said.

"I have spoken to someone who lives a few doors down from the mosque and they described hearing an argument between some of the people inside the mosque.

"It escalated into violence and a police officer has been stabbed.

"People, anti-Muslim extremists, are going to try to take advantage of this – it's very serious that a police officer has been stabbed during duty."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/16/police-four-stabbed-birmingham-mosque

**EDIT**   just read this comment on Rt blog. Not sure what credence to give it though

Anonymous user 16.06.2013 07:56
    According to local Muslims, the attacker was a Somalian man with a samurai sword

According to the polls only 1.6 % of Americans are athiests. So what gives you the right to call the other 80% morons?'
     Reply #1 - June 16, 2013, 07:51 AM

Wow...that escalated quickly. What the hell sorta argument did these guys get into  Huh?

My Rules:
    1. I know bullshit when I see it.
    2. "Smart" comments will be ignored.
    3. Comments which aren't worthy of my time will be ignored.
    If I do not respond to your comment then it has fallen into the above categories.
     Reply #2 - June 16, 2013, 07:57 AM

Wow...that escalated quickly. What the hell sorta argument did these guys get into 

I'm gonna put my neck out here and say it wasn't about transubstantiation

According to the polls only 1.6 % of Americans are athiests. So what gives you the right to call the other 80% morons?'
     Reply #3 - June 16, 2013, 09:06 AM

pffft...one fucked up situation.

My Rules:
    1. I know bullshit when I see it.
    2. "Smart" comments will be ignored.
    3. Comments which aren't worthy of my time will be ignored.
    If I do not respond to your comment then it has fallen into the above categories.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »