Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: My (Re)Introduction

(Read 2064 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • My (Re)Introduction
     OP - June 06, 2013, 07:35 PM

Evening All

So its been about two years since i've signed on to these forums. I've dipped in and out in the mean time but i guess i've been plodding along with life and haven't really given a thought to where I stand on the religious spectrum. I've now got to the stage where I'm at a crossroads and want to make that decision to leave (if it's possible to leave something you never REALLY belonged to) Islam and live my real life. So a little about me:

- I'm a 24 year old male living in Birmingham, UK. My ethnic origin is Pakistani, although I'm born and bred British, and staunchly British through and through.

- I have a very large family. I'm the youngest of ten. The rest of my family are very traditional and very religious.

- My dad passed away when I was 4 and my mum when I was 21. I've generally always been able to look after myself.

- I work as an accountant. I believe this is vital in the steps I want to take as it allows me to support myself without any financial reliance on my family.

Basically, the reason I am here is because I've got to that stage in my life where I NEED to tell my family that I don't have the same religious beliefs as they do. It's such a huge step and I feel this forum is a good way of getting these feelings off my chest to people who have been through exactly the same. I know that this shall be heart-wrenching for my family, but also completely out of the blue. I've been living the Western lifestyle for the last six years in Birmingham whilst living a lie any time I go home. I can't do this anymore. I'm nowhere near being as learned in the fallacies of the Quran as most people on this forum. My disbelief is a lot more of a 'gut' feeling - I don't understand how you can be born something that requires a belief in something that isn't there. I've never had this belief and don't think I ever will.

Anyway, enough of my waffle, the purpose of this was meant to be just to say hi  Smiley

Facebook Add me
  • My (Re)Introduction
     Reply #1 - June 06, 2013, 08:47 PM

Hello Triaint, good to have you back.

You are amongst people who will understand your experiences and feelings well.

Telling your family is one of the things that is most hard. But the important thing is that you are independent of them financially and in a position to do so. You have to work  out now the degree to which you can do it without compromising your conscience and maintaining your relationship with them. Is there a way you can reveal it gradually, in stages, that kind of thing?

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »