Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello Everyone :)

(Read 2212 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello Everyone :)
     OP - May 26, 2013, 03:43 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm an ex-Muslim, currently living in Alexandria, Egypt. coming from a very religious family, I was forced to know everything about Islam at a very young age, which turned me to an atheist when I was about 16 years old, after knowing that much about Islam, also reading in other religions.
    I thought it would be easy for me to go through life as an atheist, hiding this from my Family, I couldn't share my thoughts to anyone but few really close friends.
    at some point, I started posting online about my believes, making it public to everyone that I'm an atheist, writing my opinions freely, of course I was afraid of the authorities in Egypt, but it wasn't very bad at the time before the Egyptian revolution, cause the government didn't really care what you believe, as long as you keep it to yourself, if you went public, you will suffer jail time with the offense of insulting Islam
    currently, after Muslim brotherhood group came in power, the fight against atheists went a bit extreme, I mean, if you're an atheist, you better hide, cause someone somewhere might be able to kill you, if you dare to say your opinion while revealing your identity, you will suffer jail time, and that of course if the Islamic groups didn't kill you first.
    I've been trying to leave in the past few years, had a bit of a problem with the Military permission to leave, which I believe is being solved now, but I still believe I wouldn't be able to travel to another country even if I got the Military permit to travel. I'm now 25 years old, everyone who knows me know that I'm an atheist, my family doubts it now, as I refuse to pray with them and such, I get enough death threats on facebook, twitter, etc.... I currently had to change my name online so no one would know my real name
    Currently, the Parliament in Egypt is discussing a new law against atheism, and it is funny to actually see that the liberal parties are not against what the parliament is trying to do, very soon they are discussing the increased number of atheists in Egypt, and soon they will be beheading us or throwing us in jail.

Coming from a guy who is almost loosing everything, I'm very close to announce my atheism and post my opinions under my real name everywhere in Egypt, to show the world how atheists are prosecuted in Egypt

Sorry for writing such a long post, but I felt like this would be the only place that I can express my fears, cause if I expressed my fears in public, it would be taken against us for being cowards

Thanks everyone, and happy to be in this forum

Best Regards,

Rhys
     Reply #1 - May 26, 2013, 10:36 PM

Welcome,
    I won't be able to understand what you're going through, lived an easy life.
    Keep safe man, and hope it gets better some day.
     Reply #2 - May 26, 2013, 10:41 PM

Hi gotharious, welcome to the forum. So glad you found us. Hope we can be a place of sanctuary for you  Smiley

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #3 - May 27, 2013, 12:57 AM

It's so weird how they're obsessed with atheists! Like everything else is perfect, let's torch the atheists  Roll Eyes

Welcome! Smiley

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »