Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Four men in UK jailed for discussing acts of terrorism says news

(Read 3505 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Four men in UK jailed for discussing acts of terrorism says news
     OP - April 18, 2013, 06:17 PM

Four men in UK jailed for discussing acts of terrorism says news

LONDON: Two men were jailed for up to 16 years in Britain on Thursday for planning acts of terrorism including an Al-Qaeda-inspired plot to send a remote-controlled toy car into an army reservist centre.

Zahid Iqbal, 31, and Mohammed Sharfaraz Ahmed, 25, had discussed building an explosive device using a manual entitled “Make a bomb in the kitchen of your mom — by the Al-Qaeda chef,”prosecutors said.

In covert recordings of the pair, Iqbal suggested attaching the bomb to the toy car and dispatching it under a gate into a Territorial Army centre in Luton, the town north of London where the men live. Iqbal was heard telling Ahmed: “I was looking and drove past like the TA centre, Marsh Road. At the bottom of their gate there’s quite a big gap.

“If you had a little toy car it drives underneath one of their vehicles or something.”

Jurors also heard that Iqbal had been acting as a “facilitator” for people who wanted to travel overseas for “extremist purposes” and he had direct contact at one time with a Pakistani operative with the pseudonym “Modern Sleeve”. Judge Alan Wilkie told Woolwich Crown Court in London that the pair posed “a significant risk of serious harm to the public” and told them they would spend at least 11 years and three months behind bars, although the sentence can be extended by another five years.

Two other men were also jailed.

Umar Arshad, 24, was given a sentence of six years and nine months and Syed Farhan Hussain, 22, was jailed for five years and three months for their roles in preparing for a terrorist attack.

The four men had admitted to a charge of preparing for acts of terrorism in 2011 and 2012.

Deborah Walsh, deputy head of counter-terrorism at the Crown Prosecution Service, described the men as “four dangerous and committed terrorists”.

She said the case highlighted “the continued threat posed by UK based terrorists and the complex web of international support that informs and encourages their dangerous and destructive plans”.

British investigators have expressed concerns about the radicalisation of young men in Luton since an Islamic radical from the town blew himself up in a suicide attack in the Swedish city of Stockholm in December 2010.

well these

are those two guys.., what is wrong with these fools?  If you are a Muslim want to be good  Muslim there are zillions ways to help Islam and Muslims .. why one need to do this shit.. ??   That too you are in west and have  plenty of opportunities to do some good unlike the people in the mother countries where mothers come form...

The court was told that Ahmed was observed on numerous occasions attending a gym for training and going on trips to mountainous regions with others. Hill said:   "He stated that Snowdon was a particular favourite location to train because within the UK it bears the most resemblance to the mountainous regions of Pakistan.

"The surveillance in Snowdon shows on occasions Ahmed and others carrying out regimental walking, press-ups, running in formation and using logs and branches, perhaps as mock firearms."

Hmm..........  I hope there is more incriminatory evidence than that for 16 years jail term..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - April 18, 2013, 07:02 PM

They pleaded guilty.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • 4 UK men jailed for toy-car terror plot
     Reply #2 - April 18, 2013, 07:36 PM

LONDON (AP) — The terror plot involved targeting British reserve troops using a toy-car packed with explosives.
    But investigators said Thursday Britain's domestic spy agency of MI5 and police were able to stop Zahid Iqbal, Mohammed Sharfaraz Ahmed, Umar Arshad and Syed Farhan Hussain before they could launch the deadly attack.
    Iqbal and Ahmed were given extended sentences of 16 years and 3 months, which means they will be in jail for more than 11 years and put on parole for the rest of the time. Arshad was sentenced to more than six years in jail, while Hussain received more than five years.
    The British men — aged between 22 and 31 — pleaded guilty in March to engaging in conduct in preparation for acts of terrorism.
    The four were arrested a year ago in the town of Luton, north of London, after an operation by police and the MI5.

Read More
    http://news.yahoo.com/4-uk-men-jailed-toy-car-terror-plot-121629664.html

I guess there is no "Twitter Hashtag #please don't let it be muslims" this time.

Reply #3 - April 18, 2013, 07:39 PM

There's already a thread for this lol.. on recent posts

free |frē| - Not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes.
     Reply #4 - April 18, 2013, 07:40 PM

Dang it Yeezveee you are supposed to put this in the UK section

I just posted the same article in the UK section.

Mods need to merge both of them
     Reply #5 - April 18, 2013, 07:41 PM

Yea I just seen that. This is supposed to be in the UK section. A mod will connect it soon
     Reply #6 - April 19, 2013, 05:20 AM

This seems almost too comical to be true.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #7 - April 19, 2013, 09:35 AM

The one in the Everlast t-shirt, his beard is so unreasonable.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #8 - April 19, 2013, 11:18 AM

Unreasonable,  Cheesy.

Against the ruin of the world, there
    is only one defense: the creative act.

-- Kenneth Rexroth
     Reply #9 - April 19, 2013, 11:21 AM

You could knit Everlast's beard.
     Reply #10 - April 19, 2013, 12:59 PM

This seems almost too comical to be true.

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

Reply #11 - April 19, 2013, 02:18 PM

I think all the beards are unreasonable  Cheesy
     Reply #12 - April 23, 2013, 11:38 AM

In general, Christians don't believe in an interventionist god. There is free will to act as they choose. As I understand it, Muslims believe that god does act in everyday life. Am I right? If I am, how do these unsuccessful terrorists reconcile the fact that their almighty god is unable or unwilling to facilitate their plans by preventing their discovery?
     Reply #13 - April 23, 2013, 12:47 PM

Depends of the Christian church, some believe that the more pious you become the more you get back in material gains etc, surprise surprise the more pious people as percieved by the communitiy give most to their churches in terms of money and support.

Unfortunately people don't see the conundrums that life events bring up in regards to the actuality of their faith, they just if their plans do not work out see it as a test from god.
     Reply #14 - May 14, 2013, 02:22 AM

wtf is up with all these jihadi plots in britain?!?

There seems to be no shortage of jihadis in Britain from what I gather from these news reports

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #15 - May 14, 2013, 02:55 AM

I know a man with just such an unreasonable beard...

...on his neck and shoulders.
     Reply #16 - May 14, 2013, 06:25 AM

Is it a career choice?  Boring life in a shop with dad or travel the world, meet interesting people and kill them?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #17 - May 14, 2013, 12:08 PM

Was he hung upside down when this picture was taken?
     Reply #18 - May 14, 2013, 12:12 PM

Lots of sideways growth, quite remarkable actually. Don't think I've ever seen such sideways beard thrust before.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #19 - May 14, 2013, 12:52 PM

Is it a career choice?  Boring life in a shop with dad or travel the world, meet interesting people and kill them?

Arf.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »