Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Islamic Golden Age etc split from Shit Muslims Say To Ex-Muslims

(Read 10325 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Islamic Golden Age etc split from Shit Muslims Say To Ex-Muslims
     OP - May 03, 2013, 03:25 PM

This is my favorite; the Greeks stole the science from the Muslims!

I love that one. My father always had me thinking that we were so innovative compared to the rest mankind. Turned out Khawarizmi didn't invent algebra, he refined it. Bloody hell father -- you could of made that clearer!
  • Shit Muslims Say To Ex-Muslims
     Reply #1 - May 03, 2013, 05:08 PM

Turned out Khawarizmi didn't invent algebra, he refined it.

Also, developments that occurred during the relatively stabilized period of the Abbasid empire did not happen because of Islam. They would have happened no matter which ideology or religion was in charge at that time. Development is inevitable. If anything, Islam is now more a cause of anti-development and of stagnation in that region, this is how I see it anyway.
     Reply #2 - May 03, 2013, 06:06 PM

Whenever someone mentions the "Islamic Golden Age", my eyes roll so far back I can see brain stuff.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #3 - May 03, 2013, 08:15 PM

@Ishina & @Uberslave

Islam is similar to a boxer. It's at its dawn, then moving into its prime, at last becoming an old hag. There is one particular difference; a boxer will eventually lay six feet under -- whilst Islam, an out-dated bronze-age religion, drags on for centuries.

We could all agree on that but to call Islam's Golden Age pathetic is extremely foolish.

Besides the useless shrines and paintings, look at what they brought in terms of architecture, art, literature, mathematics, and sciences..
     Reply #4 - May 03, 2013, 08:33 PM

Muslims flaunt the so called “Islamic Golden Age” as some sort of proof of  the unique supremacy of Islam when in fact, humans have been making scientific advancements since we first learned to make fire and use tools.

I don’t deny that the Arabs continued and contributed to a tradition of knowledge that humanity has known since the Stone Age. But to consider this contribution as particularly inspired by religion, or indeed, because of religion, is a bit inaccurate in my opinion. For the largest empires the world had seen to not  have contributed anything to science would have been far more astounding in my opinion.

It was not the Islamic scholars of the Arab empires that were making discoveries and advancing science; it was the scientists. And this happened in spite of Islam, not because of it. Granted, Islam contributed to the cultures in which these contributions emerged, but location, resources, and accessibility to prior knowledge were far more important.

If the Islamic Golden Age is any proof of the supremacy of Islam, then certainly this modern and truly golden age of ours is a testament to the supremacy of secularism and the naturalistic scientific process.
     Reply #5 - May 03, 2013, 09:04 PM

If the Islamic Golden Age is any proof of the supremacy of Islam, then certainly this modern and truly golden age of ours is a testament to the supremacy of secularism and the naturalistic scientific process.

That would be logical. Someone ought to try that one and see how it flies. popcorn

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #6 - May 03, 2013, 09:22 PM

But y'all still have to admit, the Al-Hambra is pretty dope.

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
     Reply #7 - May 03, 2013, 09:25 PM

Oh for sure. A lot of Islamic architecture from the Middle Ages/Rennaisance era is just drop dead gorgeous.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #8 - May 03, 2013, 10:27 PM

And surely it must be a sign that Islam is number one.   Roll Eyes

I still think the pyramids are waaay cooler than anything Islam has ever dished out.  Al Hamduli-Ra

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
     Reply #9 - May 03, 2013, 10:36 PM

Two books that need to be written:

One: Debunking the overblown myths about the Islamic golden age and the dawah-ganda ways they are used in the modern day to assert a form of Islamic exceptionalism.

Two: A book about the Islamic crusades. Whilst the cruelties of Christian violence are well documented, Muslims imagine that Islamic imperialism was a benign phenomena.

These books would help Muslims to introspect on the history of Islam and through introspection comes self-knowledge and progress through self criticism.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #10 - May 03, 2013, 10:55 PM

From twitter

(1) When some Muslims talk incessantly about how glorious Islamic civilisation used to be and how it was superior to everything else.....

(2)..it sounds like a 40 year old man who lives with his parents & has low self esteem boasting about how he was great at football at school

God is Love.

Reply #11 - May 04, 2013, 12:59 AM

I absolutely agree Billy. I occasionally bash my head with a frying pan when meeting prideful Indian-Muslims. The grotesque tales are infamous; their ancestors went through unbelievably cruel violence before being forced into conversion. Some individuals really need a wake up call.
     Reply #12 - May 04, 2013, 06:32 AM

(2)..it sounds like a 40 year old man who lives with his parents & has low self esteem boasting about how he was great at football at school

It reminds me of how very old people reminisce about the 'good old days'. When Muslims go on and on about the Golden Age etc - this image of an old person pops into my mind (grandchildren impatiently rolling their eyes, 'hey nice story grandpa'). This propaganda is more a symptom of death than revival - Muslims with their gaze firmly set not forward but [squinting bleary eyed] towards the distant past.   
     Reply #13 - May 04, 2013, 03:31 PM

(1) When some Muslims talk incessantly about how glorious Islamic civilisation used to be and how it was superior to everything else.....

One: Debunking the overblown myths about the Islamic golden age and the dawah-ganda ways they are used in the modern day to assert a form of Islamic exceptionalism.

There is a book by the title "God's Philosophers" by James Hannam that was released a few years back that I think you may find interesting. It doesn't deal with this topic of the Islamic Golden age directly but does bury the tired historical trope that the Islamic world during the Middle-ages was shining beacon of intellectual endeavours and literacy while Medieval Europe was in a crippling dark age of famine, plague, and barbarity. 
     Reply #14 - May 04, 2013, 03:52 PM

It reminds me of how very old people reminisce about the 'good old days'. When Muslims go on and on about the Golden Age etc - this image of an old person pops into my mind (grandchildren impatiently rolling their eyes, 'hey nice story grandpa'). This propaganda is more a symptom of death than revival - Muslims with their gaze firmly set not forward but [squinting bleary eyed] towards the distant past.   

+1

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #15 - May 04, 2013, 04:57 PM

Thanks Frollo, will check that book out.

edit, checked it out and it looked really fascinating and was less than a fiver so bought it, viva Kindle  Afro

God is Love.

Reply #16 - May 04, 2013, 08:58 PM

many Muslims I encounter give the impression that the ummah as a whole has already proven it's scientific worth, and now they don't need to bother. They are also pissed off that the rest of the world is not thanking them.

Reply #17 - May 06, 2013, 09:54 PM

We could all agree on that but to call Islam's Golden Age pathetic is extremely foolish.

Well, I didn't notice anyone call anything pathetic. So your "extremely foolish" accusal is kinda hanging there, seemingly aimed at the two names you mentioned, but for no apparent reason. Moreover, what do you suppose would be called pathetic? Define 'Islam's Golden Age' please. What is it? When was it?

Besides the useless shrines and paintings, look at what they brought in terms of architecture, art, literature, mathematics, and sciences..

I'm not sure what your point is. What do those five things have to do with Islam? And who are 'they'?

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #18 - June 09, 2013, 11:59 AM

Speaking of contributions

http://listverse.com/2010/02/25/top-10-bizarre-or-ridiculous-fatwas/

My Rules:
    1. I know bullshit when I see it.
    2. "Smart" comments will be ignored.
    3. Comments which aren't worthy of my time will be ignored.
    If I do not respond to your comment then it has fallen into the above categories.
     Reply #19 - July 17, 2013, 05:42 AM

it looked really fascinating and was less than a fiver so bought it, viva Kindle 

Any cop, Billy?
     Reply #20 - July 17, 2013, 06:01 AM

There is a book by the title "God's Philosophers" by James Hannam that was released a few years back that I think you may find interesting. It doesn't deal with this topic of the Islamic Golden age directly but does bury the tired historical trope that the Islamic world during the Middle-ages was shining beacon of intellectual endeavours and literacy while Medieval Europe was in a crippling dark age of famine, plague, and barbarity. 

Looks like its written by a christian apologist. No thanks, if it wasn't for FF, WI, AI and christian proselytisers in general, I probably would have gotten in touch with ex-muslims much sooner.
     Reply #21 - July 17, 2013, 08:24 AM

It doesn't belong to the realm of Christian apologia.

God is Love.

Reply #22 - July 17, 2013, 08:25 AM

Any cop, Billy?

Yes, its an interesting book. Haven't finished it yet but its worth a read.

God is Love.

Reply #23 - July 17, 2013, 08:35 AM

I read the Amazon blurb and thought it might be a bit heavy on the Christianity. But if he's merely righting misperceptions, fair fucks to him.

It may be a while before I get round to reading it, not least because I've just embarked on this:

(But mainly because I have the attention span of a sparrow these days.)
     Reply #24 - July 17, 2013, 08:37 AM

There is a revisionist aspect to it, but it doesn't read as an apologetic screed or polemic. Its worth reading for its perspective.

God is Love.

Reply #25 - July 19, 2013, 04:36 AM

When someone who happens to be a Muslim makes an important discovery this proves Islam is real. When people of other faiths or no faith do the same thing it doesn't prove their beliefs are real, it's just that the person who did it happened to be Christian/Hindu/Atheist whatever. Double standards.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #26 - August 02, 2013, 05:15 PM

Neil DeGrasse Tyson - The Islamic Golden Age: Naming Rights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDAT98eEN5Q

Reply #27 - August 02, 2013, 05:50 PM

Neil DeGrasse Tyson - The Islamic Golden Age: Naming Rights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDAT98eEN5Q

well that is nothing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoShExgPVdw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdcVTmegxuo

Wee that fellow is crying for Caliph Omar...

well  watch this  and cry

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #28 - August 03, 2013, 01:49 AM

I remember hearing the propaganda about how good caliph omar was, going on his nightly walks to see the state of the nation. But once you see the whole picture about his guy, you begin to wonder if he ever managed to give up his habit of being a peeping tom, and his nightly walks were just a cover to watch some women taking a shit.

And if he set such a good example, why were subsequent caliphs such tyrants? The truth is more likely that he was also a tyrant of the highest order that's why he got assassinated by a persian who couldn't take his shit any longer.
     Reply #29 - August 03, 2013, 02:12 AM

...............The truth is more likely that he was also a tyrant of the highest order that's why he got assassinated by a persian who couldn't take his shit any longer.

well  this is a good one to scan through A family tree of early Muslim leaders belonging to the tribe of Quraysh

and this one Let Us Learn a Bit About the CALIPHAS., Mr. PBUH father  In-Laws  and Son in-laws

'Omar, fifteen years younger, differed from Abu Bakr both in frame and temperament. Broad shouldered and tall, he towered above the crowd. Somewhat dark in complexion, the face was fresh and ruddy. His head was now bald; the beard dyed like his friend's; his stride long and his presence commanding. Naturally hasty and passionate, he would twist his moustache when angry and draw it downwards to his mouth. But time had mellowed temper; and, beneath an imperious manner, he was bland and courteous. Attachment to Mohammad had, on these two friends, an effect exactly opposite. That which braced the soft nature of Abu Bakr, served but to abate the vehemence of 'Omar. Both stood in a like relation to the Prophet. Hafsa, 'Omar's daughter, was one of Mohammad's favourite wives; but 'Aisha, the child of Abu Bakr, was Queen in his affections to the end.

fucking idiots give their daughters  to  a guy who  was 10/15 years older than themselves...  It is like this cult family.. that too  this Alleged Prophet of Islam Muhammad was over  50 when he married/slept with the daughters of these fools..  Islam is full of bulls shit  stories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvytVhqiO6E&list=PL6E1C2FB12E0646E0

watch all that tubes some cult from AMRIKA  in that link ...the son of god..... son of dog whatever..    sex obsessed rascals are  leader and  brainless fools  are his followers..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »