Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Muhammad says Apostates should be killed - Bukhari Hadith

(Read 5201 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Muhammad says Apostates should be killed - Bukhari Hadith
     OP - April 10, 2013, 11:22 AM

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 83, Number 17

Narrated by 'Abdullah

Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #1 - April 10, 2013, 11:47 AM

Good find *bookmarks*

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

Reply #2 - April 10, 2013, 11:56 AM

Yep, I thought it deserves a thread all of its own so people don't miss it.

You can see a whole selection of other Hadith from the Bukhari book called 'Blood Money' here -

http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/bukhari/083-sbt.php

God is Love.

• Bukhari Hadith with Muhammad saying Apostates should be killed
     Reply #3 - April 10, 2013, 12:24 PM

Do the majority of Muslims know/believe that apostates must be killed? ...

I never heard about it until I joined the ex-muslim community. I knew apostates were hated and possibly *wished* dead by muslims, but not that it's a belief they must follow in killing the apostates.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #4 - April 10, 2013, 12:40 PM

There are a lot of hadiths in Bukhari about killing apostates.

Narrated `Ikrima:

`Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn `Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

http://sunnah.com/bukhari/56/226

Narrated Abu Musa:

A man embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism. Mu`adh bin Jabal came and saw the man with Abu Musa. Mu`adh asked, "What is wrong with this (man)?" Abu Musa replied, "He embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism." Mu`adh said, "I will not sit down unless you kill him (as it is) the verdict of Allah and His Apostle.

http://sunnah.com/bukhari/93/21
     Reply #5 - April 10, 2013, 12:40 PM

Do the majority of Muslims know/believe that apostates must be killed? ...

depends upon what part of the world you are living...  If you go by Islamic scriptures it has to be "Yes"..

And if you are an apostate + if you are opposing Islamic regimes.. Kings.. Rogues...Mullahs ..Imams..  Then State can put you in to gallows..  But who cares about what majority of Muslims think?   Frankly speaking   majority of Muslims never read Quran, hadith and sunnah..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #6 - April 10, 2013, 02:52 PM

Do Muslims really not know that this stuff exists?? It's like the hadith "Whoever among you changes his religion, kill him." Bukhari
     Reply #7 - April 10, 2013, 02:55 PM

It sets the mood music, doesn't it?

God is Love.

Reply #8 - April 10, 2013, 03:13 PM

So I know that salafis get a bad rap for taking everything in Islamic scripture literally, but how else can you understand ahadith like this? Most (virtually all) of the things that salafis do are taken directly from the books of hadith. Yet liberal muslims look at them like they are crazy when they actually do and say the things that come from the same books that liberal Muslims claim to believe in.

Salafis are like the kids of the Islamic world. They say the darndest things out in the open—the same thing that everyone else knows in private—without knowing that they were supposed to keep their mouths shut in public.
     Reply #9 - April 10, 2013, 03:17 PM

Do Muslims really not know that this stuff exists?? It's like the hadith "Whoever among you changes his religion, kill him." Bukhari

In my experience, they are constantly making excuses. "It only happens if you propagate it".
     Reply #10 - April 10, 2013, 03:20 PM

Yeah, but they just completely make that kinda stuff up.No hadith or verse anywhere says anything like that
     Reply #11 - February 07, 2015, 03:56 PM

At the moment, I am finding that this hadith is half authentic.

"'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"

The second sentence is fake because it contradicts the quran, and not all hadiths are authentic, and islam is peace.

The first sentence is legit, because it is sahih bukhari, and islam is peace, and it proves that ISIS are not even Muslims.

Reply #12 - February 07, 2015, 04:22 PM

So I know that salafis get a bad rap for taking everything in Islamic scripture literally, but how else can you understand ahadith like this?

Salafis are like the kids of the Islamic world. They say the darndest things out in the open—the same thing that everyone else knows in private—without knowing that they were supposed to keep their mouths shut in public.

The salafis are not the only literalists in the islamic world. My extended family are predominantly deobandis but they take the hadiths and the quran just as literally as the salafis do.

They disagree on issues like taqlid and some other theological aspects but they are not that different from salafis if you look at the big picture. 

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #13 - February 07, 2015, 04:23 PM

The first time I ever heard the term "deobandi", I thought it was a pokemon or something.

Deobandi uses Islam!

It's not very effective...

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #14 - February 07, 2015, 08:33 PM

Islam has never been very effective.

Basically Islam is the poison type...

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »