Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: CEMM :D

(Read 3968 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • CEMM :D
     OP - March 30, 2013, 04:02 AM

New Council of Ex Muslims starting in Morocco which will be affiliated with CEMB.

Good to see. We ex muslims need to organize in as many countries as possible and fight for our rights. 

http://ex-muslim.org.uk/2013/03/council-of-ex-muslims-of-morocco-the-first-public-atheist-organisation-in-country-with-state-religion-of-islam/   

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #1 - March 30, 2013, 09:07 AM

Got to say, I'm somewhat surprised to see a Council of exes start over in Morocco as the first official branch outwards.  Especially in light of how few ex muslims from morroco even use this forum.

I would have thought we'd see a US or Canada one first. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #2 - March 30, 2013, 12:00 PM

We are working towards something, but it's going to be local/regional, simply because North America is too big and we don't have the resources to cover the entire continent.
     Reply #3 - March 30, 2013, 01:50 PM

Got to say, I'm somewhat surprised to see a Council of exes start over in Morocco as the first official branch outwards.  Especially in light of how few ex muslims from morroco even use this forum.

I would have thought we'd see a US or Canada one first. 

It's NOT the first official branch out wards.

CEMB is technically an official branch of the Central Council of Ex Muslims in Germany, and there is also another Council of Ex Muslims of Scandinavia .

All branches are listed on this thread.   http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=23623.msg679936#new

@Abood.

I don't think it's actually necessary to create an official organization for ex muslims in Canada.   Cuz there is already CFI Canada as well as the Canadian Secular Alliance which help to lobby the government on making the country more secular.      Plus we don't have a problem with far right islamists like Europe does..

We should at least get some regular meet ups going. The last Canadian meet up got cancelled but I'm gonna PM the trusted Canadian peeps on this forum to meet up in the following months.   

I'm thinking like a Canadian branch of the Muslimish thing CEMB started in the U.S.A

Reply #4 - March 30, 2013, 03:20 PM

There are secularist organizations in the UK as well, but that doesn't eliminate the need for an ex-Muslim organization. People who've left Islam need an organization dedicated towards supporting them that also acts as a safe space where they can express themselves freely. Non-believers from other religions (and those who didn't grow up in religious communities) have different experiences and often do not understand or relate to issues that are specific to ex-Muslims.

It's good to have a secular alliance, but that by itself is not enough for addressing our needs as ex-Muslims.
     Reply #5 - March 30, 2013, 03:52 PM

^

Point Taken.

But I think it's a good idea to get some regular Canadian meet ups going to attract and recruit more ex muslim members and start organizing/uniting the Canadian ex muslim community.

(I know of two ex muslim atheists in my area who aren't even aware of this forum. )

That way we can have a good base of supporters to help fund and run the organization when we decide to start it.

Reply #6 - March 30, 2013, 03:56 PM

Perfectly said Abood. And if this forum and the organisations it has an affiliation with had to describe their reason for existing, your post articulates it completely.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #7 - March 30, 2013, 04:29 PM

It's NOT the first official branch out wards.

CEMB is technically an official branch of the Central Council of Ex Muslims in Germany, and there is also another Council of Ex Muslims of Scandinavia .

All branches are listed on this thread.   http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=23623.msg679936#new

Oh I see lol, wow, just goes to show how connected all these branches feel. 

Or just goes to show how disconnected I feel.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »