Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi all, questioning muslim - almost ex

(Read 2813 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hi all, questioning muslim - almost ex
     OP - March 29, 2013, 12:03 AM

Hi all

Found this forum while I was questioning my beliefs

I'm male, from the UK, indian origin

Very religious family but I dont feel the magic anymore and there's just too many questions that Islam can't answer, or has answers that I know are wrong

"Dont put people in a box, the only people shaped box is a coffin"

"If God wanted us to believe, he would have given divine guidance to us all"

"Religion the ultimate hypnosis, the art of convincing people of a fantasy that they believe all their lives"
     Reply #1 - March 29, 2013, 12:16 AM

Hello Smiley

I'm not an ex-muslim, but I was very interested into Islam and I almost converted. However, I questioned it seriously, and found out it couldn't be true.

Once you start questioning, you start reasonning.

Welcome !

If the abrahamic god judged himself according to his own moral standards, he'd go to hell.

He's jealous, full of pride, he created evil, he doesn't heal sick people while he could, he's attacking people who are weaker than him, he follows his own desires and he commits murders all the time.
     Reply #2 - March 29, 2013, 12:32 AM

I've found so much of it lacking on a basic level that I dont believe it anymore

but i'm married, have a kid, there's gonna be a lot of bother when i tell everyone.

"Religion the ultimate hypnosis, the art of convincing people of a fantasy that they believe all their lives"
     Reply #3 - March 29, 2013, 12:36 AM

There are many other members on this forum in this situation as well, so I'm sure you'll find some support if you need it !

If the abrahamic god judged himself according to his own moral standards, he'd go to hell.

He's jealous, full of pride, he created evil, he doesn't heal sick people while he could, he's attacking people who are weaker than him, he follows his own desires and he commits murders all the time.
     Reply #4 - March 29, 2013, 01:20 AM

Hi all

Found this forum while I was questioning my beliefs

I'm male, from the UK, indian origin

Very religious family but I dont feel the magic anymore and there's just too many questions that Islam can't answer, or has answers that I know are wrong

Hope the comedown isn't too bad. You should have preloaded with 5-HTP and antioxidants. Oh wait, islam is administered at birth...
     Reply #5 - March 29, 2013, 01:52 AM

I've found so much of it lacking on a basic level that I dont believe it anymore

but i'm married, have a kid, there's gonna be a lot of bother when i tell everyone.

We've had quite a few members who have been in that situation before.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #6 - March 29, 2013, 02:08 AM

Welcome Smiley jusy know regardless of what they want you believe, there are quite a number of ex-Muslims out there, most in hiding

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #7 - March 29, 2013, 01:27 PM

Hey there, welcome to the forum.

How religious is your wife?
    I am married and even though my wife considers herself a muslim and she would like me to go to Eid Namaaz or  a Jumua prayer now and then, she knows it will not happen.

Have you approached your wife and tested her with throwing out some unethical hadeeths or Surah 4:34, that is always a winner. My wife said she'd cut my dick off ifI tried to hit her Tongue

Who knows, your wife could be more liberal than you think.

Glad to have to on the forum though, enjoy your stay  Afro
     Reply #8 - March 29, 2013, 11:41 PM

I'm in a similar situation myself in that I'm married to a believer, and we have kids, although we started dating when I was an ifidel and I later converted before our nikah. I would tend to air on the side of caution and sound it out first before I openly made any rash declerations. I made the mistake of hinting thst her beliefs were not my own, which I thought she understood and I was promptly told that talk of that would nulify our marrage. So tread carefully my brother as you may not want to rock the apple cart to much at this earl y stage.
    As for the whole wife beating thing, I've run that by her before although not in it's it's 4.34 format and it's definitely a no no, not that I'm that sort of guy to begin with....heaven forbid.
     Reply #9 - March 30, 2013, 12:29 AM

Wait... By the sounds of it a strict muslim woman dated an infidel? i love islamic master slave dialectics... Tongue
     Reply #10 - March 30, 2013, 12:37 AM

^
    Lol
    She was never a strict muslim to begin with. First time we met it was in a bar, I had no idea. Cheesy Cheesy  Cheesy
     Reply #11 - March 30, 2013, 03:02 AM

Hi guys, thanks for the replies

dr zhivago, she is not that religious in practice, although she wears the headscarf, but in faith she's pretty strong, and she believes in magic..... in my opinion its very hard to be logical with people, especially family when their belief includes magic, so trying to sway her (and i have brought it up a few times) is going to be very hard. Never hit and and its not in me to hit women, just think thats disgusting, although she has used that verse to try and defend her father for hitting her mother.  Its that kind of ingrained thinking, it just can't be wrong; I've shown her that it doesn't belong in a marriage, it will never happen in ours. She isn't practising religiously, but she will use Islam to defend things she does/doesnt want to do.

Tomas, you can understand (as i'm sure many others do too) once there's kids, its much harder to walk away, my little one's not  2 yet. I want my child to grow up a free thinker, but right now a broken home isn't fair.

Reply #12 - March 30, 2013, 12:57 PM

parrot

Think very long term.  I have recently done a free on line course by Coursera - is there something she might study to wean her off "magical thinking".  The wiki article on that was good but it has been wrecked.

What of other relatives?

Isn't it possible to treat Islam as a hobby, or private fetish people get in to?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #13 - March 30, 2013, 10:16 PM

Re: the broken home thing, I totally get that, it's probably the main reason we're still together. We've had some serious rows in the past most of it religious based. If it wasn't for the kids I'm not sure we'd still be together. It also doesn't help that she has issues with some of my other family members which I dont think they know about. It leaves me in the arkward position of doing my best to keep things smooth, generally by avoiding spending to much time with them.   
    As for the magic/jinn/spirit stuff, she beleives in all of that too. I've seen first hand people in her comunity elevated to higher standing amongst even their highly educated simply for claiming to be more sensitive to the spirit world or whatever you like to call it. Alot of the time you can't (well me anyway) get through to people like this and I dont just mean muslims, I've seen this to with the catholic faith.
     Reply #14 - March 30, 2013, 10:27 PM

^
    Lol
    She was never a strict muslim to begin with. First time we met it was in a bar, I had no idea. Cheesy Cheesy  Cheesy

Ah... The cult ov Bedouin death keeping up business as usual by suppressing the passions of its members.
     Reply #15 - March 30, 2013, 10:28 PM

As for the magic/jinn/spirit stuff, she beleives in all of that too. I've seen first hand people in her comunity elevated to higher standing amongst even their highly educated simply for claiming to be more sensitive to the spirit world or whatever you like to call it. Alot of the time you can't (well me anyway) get through to people like this and I dont just mean muslims, I've seen this to with the catholic faith.

Give her 10 hits of acid, maybe?
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »