Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)

(Read 97315 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 7 ... 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)
     Reply #120 - November 12, 2013, 08:13 AM

(Clicky for piccy!) That promises to be amazing.
    (Clicky for piccy!) I really like GSP.
    (Clicky for piccy!) Look at the suave motherfucker!

(Clicky for piccy!)

He a gent, inside and outside of the cage.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #121 - November 12, 2013, 11:25 AM

Jones vs. Sonnen on Saturday wasn't even a fight. It was an ass kicking. Jones didn't go in the cage to fight or to win, he went in there to hurt Sonnen for everything he said about him.

I knew Jones would win, but I didn't expect him to just demolish Sonnen so quickly and effortlessly. And to add insult to injury, he beat Sonnen at his own game. Everyone expected Jones to keep Sonnen at range and keep it a stand up fight to avoid the danger he presented. He surprised everyone by fighting Sonnen's typical style of take downs and ground & pound. Schooled him in his own style. Genius. As if I didn't love him enough already.

Great summary of how that fight went down, Ishina.

Reply #122 - November 20, 2013, 07:46 PM

As much as I love Georges St-Pierre, I'm not sure if he should have won that fight at the weekend. I know it's tradition to give close fights to the champ, but I really thought Hendricks edged it.

Great fight though. A proper war. You don't get to have many of those kind of fights in your career without permanent damage.

Reply #123 - November 27, 2013, 02:15 AM

Shame about the Carl Froch vs. George Groves fight. A great fight tainted by an early stoppage.

Reply #124 - December 03, 2013, 09:04 PM

The Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate rematch/grudgematch is gonna be so fucking epic. So much context, history and build up. Rousey is gonna absolutely murder Tate. Again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCioZzVvNiE

WAR ROUSEY

Reply #125 - December 04, 2013, 05:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUqQH0qGYTc

dance

Reply #126 - December 04, 2013, 10:26 PM

Rowdy is something special alright.
    yes
     Reply #127 - December 05, 2013, 08:04 PM

Rousey is a beast. And she's a much more evolved and seasoned fighter than the first time she beat Tate. She wants it more. She's hungry for it. She's got the eye of the tiger. I just can't see any way for Tate to handle her. It's gonna be a first round submission again.

Reply #128 - December 06, 2013, 04:56 PM

Now I'm no MMA expert but what scares me the most about her, from what little I've seen of her bouts is her immediate killer instinct, she doesn't try and gauge an opponent's distance, stance, movement, reaction ...etc, she just goes straight in and annihilates them asap. It's worth bearing in mind that not only is she the UFC champion in her division, she's also a former Olympic Judoka medalist(think her mum was even more successful). This is probably why she has more technical grappling skill in her little finger than many of the other fighter's out there.
     Reply #129 - December 09, 2013, 07:31 PM

It can also work against her. She wins so fast and with so little effort that she's still untested. She's had very little actual ring time. You can spend every day in the gym or sparring, but there is something to be said about ring experience. You can't unleash 100% of yourself in training, nor will you meet an opponent giving 100% of themselves in training.

Having said that, she has her Judo experience to draw upon. I guess I'd just like her to be taken into the second round a couple of times in an actual MMA fight, see how she weathers it.

Reply #130 - December 09, 2013, 07:43 PM

I'm really sad about Miriam Nakamoto's knee injury. What a tragic way to drop out of a title fight. She's amazing to watch, one of the best women Muay Thai fighters in the world, one of the most exciting and skilled fighters in WMMA and I am inspired by her fighting philosophy. I really hope she's not out of action for long or seriously injured. Knee injuries can be really bad news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mnnM3iFkxY

Reply #131 - December 13, 2013, 11:35 PM

It can also work against her. She wins so fast and with so little effort that she's still untested. She's had very little actual ring time.

Good point.
     Reply #132 - December 16, 2013, 09:25 PM

So Georges St-Pierre has officially resigned his belt.

Reply #133 - December 17, 2013, 11:12 PM

Apparently Kyra Gracie(of Gracie clan notoriety) is preparing to debut in MMA, maybe Rowdy is about to get tested(Kyra should at least know how to defend against the old armbar trick and will presumably have more than a few counters up her sleve). popcorn
     Reply #134 - December 29, 2013, 06:56 PM

Anyone watch the fights Saturday night?

Reply #135 - January 02, 2014, 11:56 PM

Heard Tate put in a great performance against Roussey on Twitter, will have to try and see if I can find it on youtube when I get a chance.
     Reply #136 - January 03, 2014, 02:02 PM

Doubt it'll be on YouTube. At least not up for long and not watchable quality. You'll probably have to torrent it if you missed it, unless you're willing to pay-per-view it.

Torrent it or ppv it and then you'll get the Weidman vs. Silva fight too.

Reply #137 - January 03, 2014, 10:57 PM

Sounds like a plan, when I get time. Didn't know Silva was fighting let alone the result so that should be interesting after the debacle that was his last fight. The only other bit of news I heard was that a guy called Gunnar Nelson(apologies on any misspellings) who I've vaguely heard of won his fight, as I mentioned before I'm not really up to date on most of the recent stuff, I always loved the early days/reign of Gracie best.
     Reply #138 - February 18, 2014, 11:10 PM

UFC 170: Rousey vs McMann Preview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6m9-r4SI4o

WAR ROUSEY

Reply #139 - February 22, 2014, 02:22 PM

ME ME ME,

favourite style, although not strictly a martial art, is Krav maga. I believe that its philosophy suits mine.
    I have trained in tae kwondo in the past.

Anderson Silva: His injury was/is a problem for the sport. However, a bigger loss was the last emperor, Fedor.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #140 - April 22, 2014, 04:24 PM

Queen of MMA Gina Carano might be returning to the Octagon. She's apparently already in talks with Dana White about a possible title match at 135 against Rousey. I can't even begin to describe how excited that makes me, so I'll wait until it's actually confirmed.

Reply #141 - April 22, 2014, 07:28 PM

Shocked 001_wub Ozonedance
     Reply #142 - April 23, 2014, 12:05 AM

Sounds like an exciting fight alright. Not sure what reason Carona has in returning to the Octagon, thought she should be sailing far into the hollywood sunset by now. Does she really have the belly for it and realistically stand a chance against the seemingly unstoppable Rousey?
    On another note, I was thinking I must start my own martial arts bucket list, so far I've got,
    must learn some, 1. 'mad skills/crazy' leg locks
    Also 2. nunchucks, definitely must learn nunchuck, some nunchuck action would be good.  Smiley
     Reply #143 - April 23, 2014, 04:50 PM

She's a warrior. There is no substitute for the rush of actual combat. You can't get that training or sparring or acting. A Hollywood career is no doubt great, but I imagine she misses the ring and being able to punch people for real without getting arrested.

And like pretty much all fights, the purse is a good motivator. The fight will make a nice chunk of money for a lot of people.

Reply #144 - April 23, 2014, 10:43 PM

Including Dana White, no doubt.
     Reply #145 - April 25, 2014, 04:51 PM

Jon Jones defends his title Saturday night.

Here's a look back at one of the greatest fights in UFC history:

UFC Fight Flashback: Jones vs. Gustafsson
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEwB7GdtX5Y

I must have watched that fight about 10 times now. Gives me chills each time. Better than Rocky.

Reply #146 - May 08, 2014, 11:35 PM

I haven't followed UFC for quite some time, the last match I saw was GSP vs Hendricks.
    I want to get back into martial arts soon.

Slightly off-topic:  What the fuck is up with UFC and height inflation?  I remember when they listed Shane Carwin as 6'5 which is a joke, he's 6'2 max.

Reply #147 - July 20, 2014, 09:22 PM

Finally decided to get back into mma, I've been meaning to do so for years.
    I've noticed the massive imbalance between my jab and cross & I use an orthodox stance.

Reply #148 - July 21, 2014, 12:13 AM

What sort of imbalance? Power? Or actual balance problems when moving from one to the other?
     Reply #149 - July 21, 2014, 04:59 PM

I've noticed the massive imbalance between my jab and cross & I use an orthodox stance.

Are you keeping your posture? Are you doing the usual things like make sure your back is straight, stance not too wide and not too square, balls of your feet firmly down, all that malarky? Have you spoken to your instructor about it?

• Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 7 ... 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »