Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Introduction - Sandbad

(Read 2888 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Introduction - Sandbad
     OP - March 03, 2013, 09:28 PM

I am Sandbad!! I was born into Islam and was raised in Iran a country ruled under the iron fists of an Islamic Theocracy. I went through the systematic brain washing of Iranian education system (finished my high school in Iran) designed to transform my generation into fanatic Muslims. But this mandatory deep dive into Islamic concepts I like to believe made me and many members of my generation more aware of real dogmatic nature of Islam and in a way the Mullahs of Iran unwantedly vaccinated us to any sort of dogmatism by forcing us to learn Islam.

I am now an atheist and actively working in affiliation with CEMB for ex-Muslim cause...

And if the wine you drink, the lips you press,
    End in the nothing all things end in -Yes -
    Then fancy while thou art, thou art but what
    Thou shalt be - nothing - Though shalt not be less.

Khayyam
  • Introduction - Sandbad
     Reply #1 - March 03, 2013, 09:38 PM

Welcome Sandbad.   Smiley

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
  • Introduction - Sandbad
     Reply #2 - March 03, 2013, 10:01 PM

Welcome Sandbad.  The few Iranians I know are totally non-religious, which I did find weird as they grew up with the schooling that you talk of. So I guess you're right, it's a kind of vaccination.
     Also, I kept wondering how, in the past ten years, their numbers have grown here in the UK. Are they here because of political asylum? They don't tell me for some reason. It's some kind of big secret. Or do they just not trust South Asian Muslims? Or do they look down on us? I sometimes get that feeling, or it could be that some of them that I know are just dicks.
     I feel comfortable talking to them about how I feel about Islam, more than I would talking to a group of Pakistanis, but I still don't drink alcohol with them when they offer it.
  • Introduction - Sandbad
     Reply #3 - March 03, 2013, 10:35 PM

Welcome Sandbad.  The few Iranians I know are totally non-religious, which I did find weird as they grew up with the schooling that you talk of. So I guess you're right, it's a kind of vaccination.
     Also, I kept wondering how, in the past ten years, their numbers have grown here in the UK. Are they here because of political asylum? They don't tell me for some reason. It's some kind of big secret. Or do they just not trust South Asian Muslims? Or do they look down on us? I sometimes get that feeling, or it could be that some of them that I know are just dicks.
     I feel comfortable talking to them about how I feel about Islam, more than I would talking to a group of Pakistanis, but I still don't drink alcohol with them when they offer it.

Hi UberSlave, the thing is in Iran people has already experimented with political Islam in 1979 revolution with catastrophic results. I am not surprised after what the whole country gone through during almost 35 years of this theocracy so many are already disillusioned with Islam.

well, as for their relationship with south Asian Muslims I can't talk on behalf of all population - all what you say might be true for different persons but the reality is Iranians are fearful of Iranian government's secret police which in occasions assassinated Iranian political exiles by hiring Muslim hit-men of other nationalities. for example in below incident a guy from Lebanon was involved:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mykonos_restaurant_assassinations

And these events and assassinations are all within living memory so expect Iranians to be ultra careful when they talk to you about themselves. this ultra care and mistrust has become part of the culture actually. lipsrsealed

in case of looking down on you - I can't again talk on behalf of whole population - but in my case I got rejected by an Asian girl for the second time just a few days ago!  Cry so that's a prove for you that I the Sandbad in this forum don't look down on Asians otherwise why I wanted an Asian girl - and risking it for the second time!   piggy  Cheesy

Khayyam
  • Introduction - Sandbad
     Reply #4 - March 03, 2013, 10:36 PM

Welcome Sandbad.   Smiley

Hi Cheeta!

Thanks far away hug

Khayyam
  • Introduction - Sandbad
     Reply #5 - March 03, 2013, 11:28 PM

Welcome Sandbag, the CEMB holds much love to all the Iranian atheists out there as if you didn't already know.  Wink
  • Introduction - Sandbad
     Reply #6 - March 04, 2013, 12:28 AM

Viva Iran! Welcome  grin12

And now for teh lulz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF4pYQ_5obk

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• Introduction - Sandbad
     Reply #7 - March 04, 2013, 07:27 AM

Welcome Sandbad Smiley

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • Introduction - Sandbad
     Reply #8 - March 04, 2013, 12:16 PM

Welcome Sandbad parrot
  • Introduction - Sandbad
     Reply #9 - March 04, 2013, 09:23 PM

Welcome Sandbag, the CEMB holds much love to all the Iranian atheists out there as if you didn't already know.  Wink

Hi Doubting Tomas,

Thanks for the welcome. appreciated.  Afro

Khayyam
  • Introduction - Sandbad
     Reply #10 - March 04, 2013, 09:26 PM

Viva Iran! Welcome  grin12

And now for teh lulz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF4pYQ_5obk

Thanks Jila, but the thing is you find this man funny when he is not your president!  wacko

Khayyam
  • Introduction - Sandbad
     Reply #11 - March 04, 2013, 09:28 PM

Welcome Sandbad Smiley

Welcome Sandbad parrot

Thanks Naerys and Al-Alethia  thnkyu

Khayyam
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »