Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: will Islam ever disappear?
  • yes - 8 (34.8%)
  • no - 15 (65.2%)
  • Total Voters: 23

Topic: introduction

(Read 2640 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • introduction
     OP - February 27, 2013, 09:18 AM

what's Good , my name is Luffy San. I grow up in middle east from Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria, and view other nations currently I reside in the United States "Mr Jefferson build up that wall" Afro. I got a "good" Islamic education and that's why I left Islam. I love humanity, I enjoy diversity of thought , freedom of expression. Nothing brings me more joy than making a new friend . I enjoy books, traveling, sports, bow and arrow hunting,animations , food, good music ............etc. Finally I would like to thank the folks that work hard to keep this website and this organization working, I understand they are risking a lot by doing this, Thank you all.  thnkyu
  • introduction
     Reply #1 - February 27, 2013, 10:17 AM

Welcome, Luffy.

The poll wasn't necessary, though Grin

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • introduction
     Reply #2 - February 27, 2013, 10:30 AM

loool give me lil slack dude, its my 1st post, and i didn't know what hell i was doing
  • introduction
     Reply #3 - February 27, 2013, 11:40 AM

Don't know what the poll is about but welcome to the forums bunny  Hope you feel at home here Smiley
  • introduction
     Reply #4 - February 27, 2013, 12:02 PM

I got a "good" Islamic education and that's why I left Islam.

LOL. Welcome.
  • introduction
     Reply #5 - February 27, 2013, 12:37 PM

If you're Luffy then I'm Zoro.

Welcome.

And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Bertrand Russell
  • introduction
     Reply #6 - February 27, 2013, 01:47 PM

Welcome Zoro, but where is nami swan and robin chwan, I should ask sanji huh lol
  • introduction
     Reply #7 - February 27, 2013, 02:29 PM

I went to this comic book convention in my hometown, a few months ago, and there was a cosplay contest and I have a picture of myself with a Luffy. He was pretty darn cute, too.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • introduction
     Reply #8 - February 27, 2013, 06:26 PM

Hey Luffy. I voted yes Tongue

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• introduction
     Reply #9 - February 27, 2013, 07:31 PM

Welcome.

I doubt Islam will disappear - at least not for very many, many generations.

Islam, Christianity, and all the other big religions will persist for a long time to come.

One day perhaps, human beings will evolve beyond these childish comfort blankets, but we are still a long way off that time.
  • introduction
     Reply #10 - February 27, 2013, 10:26 PM

I read something on a Youtube comment last year that I found so nice and reassuring that I saved it for a day when it could be used in a discussion. That day has come. Here's what I read:

"If the universe, since it began, was plotted on a 24-hour clock religion would occupy only a few seconds on that clock. We still have another few seconds to go to wipe out religion with technology and progress. What we call civilization now is barely anything at all in the vastness of time. Evolution is still taking place and only those who believe in religion will cease to expand into the universe. I believe religion will die off, albeit slowly."

What a wonderful thought. I for one believe this will happen. It's just too bad we won't be around to witness it.

And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Bertrand Russell
  • introduction
     Reply #11 - February 27, 2013, 11:35 PM

Nice.
  • introduction
     Reply #12 - February 27, 2013, 11:41 PM

Islam, Christianity, and all the other big religions will persist for a long time to come.

They are already on their way out. I reckon Christianity will be pretty much gone from the UK in 100 years, and from the rest of Europe in about 250 years. And then it will be gone from the US in 500 years. Islam can maybe last another 1,000 years.

Of course if humans start exploring and colonizing other planets, these religions will probably die even quicker.
  • introduction
     Reply #13 - February 28, 2013, 04:00 AM

Welcome Smiley

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • introduction
     Reply #14 - February 28, 2013, 04:16 AM

Welcome Luffy. Eventually, everything will disappear, every planet, every solar system, everything. So I voted yes. If your question was will it happen within our lifetimes or even within the next several hundred years, I would vote No. Islam will change and adapt and be syncretized into other things. It won't just simply disappear, and neither will any other religion or ideology.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • introduction
     Reply #15 - February 28, 2013, 05:09 AM

I agree that the world as we know it or feel it will disappear. But I never existed for at least 13.7 billion years before I was born. We might not ever know or could ever know everything. Am just happy that am part of this universe or universes dance. I  have a strong contempt for the false consolation of religion, am extremely grateful that I know so many things that my ancestors didn't know, I don't think the smartest way to honor them is holding on to their fantasies sometimes barbaric and outright harmful. I think religion will always be here as long we are here (The Homosapiens).
  • introduction
     Reply #16 - February 28, 2013, 06:15 AM

A big problem I've found is that even though religion is on its way down, people aren't become better at free thought. People these days just replace religion with other stupid shit like the new ridiculous social justice fad where you assume everyone and everything is racist/sexist/etc. until they prove that they also assume everyone is racist/sexist/etc.

The only way to really make the world a better place is to get people to think for themselves, or else they'll just find some new way to be stupid. That's partly one of the reasons why I want to die. Knowing I'm pretty much alone in a world where natural selection favours the stupid and the sheep makes me think I really don't belong here.
  • introduction
     Reply #17 - February 28, 2013, 07:59 PM

No ideology will ever dissapear, atleast while humanity still exists.
  • introduction
     Reply #18 - February 28, 2013, 11:45 PM

Welcome Luffy, Smiley
    Re: your poll, I would have to say yes but only in so far as it will die out the way religion of ancient Egypt has or at best it will be practiced and more distorted by tiny fringe groups like some of the neo pagan types we have here in the West(no disrespect meant to any pagan members and I know we have 1 or 2).
    What I also predict will happen is that we'll begin to see a growing trend of "Doomsday" Islam". This may be as a reaction to growing global resource scarcity which many scientists have long since predicted. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a number of self proclaimed Mahdi type figures popping up and forming their own little sub sects and Cults to save the Ummah, creating more division rather than unity throughout the muslim world. Hardly leading to more peaceful times, the cynic in me suspects.
    However as some of the earlier posters have pointed out, if you wish to be pedantic everything's eventual and just as humanities place in this almost unknown universe will come to and end so will this religion run it's course.
  • introduction
     Reply #19 - March 01, 2013, 12:06 AM

In fact the demise of this great religion may come more rapidly than we think. For example check out this video purportedly (according to AFP news)  from Tunisia showing students in a university class room set up carrying out a "Harlem Shake".

http://youtu.be/NH3Zs9NLShs

Hats of to them if it's true, it seems like a silly thing but it's a good and peaceful way for secularists to poke a finger in the eye of oppressive orthodox types. Unfortunately further reports claim some of the students carrying out the shake may be expelled from their university and maybe even the sacking of teachers. I thought the guy dressed in Salafist garb was particularly good, he even got in a bit of saber rattling at the end. I think the whole thing deserves a new verse.

• introduction
     Reply #20 - March 01, 2013, 12:31 AM

Al Harlem Shake

Oh yeah followers of the shake, do not encroach on each others space nor deliberately make contact with one another least ye disrupt each others repetitive motion.
    Shakers let it be known that Al Harlem approves of brightly colored clothing and fancy dress to truly bedazzle the eyes of it's beholders.
    Believers of the shake, Harlem is aware of all things shaky and asks only that you carryout a simple cyclic dance, the motion of pelvic thrust is best but keep the individual's and the groups dance videos no longer than 30 seconds each for fear the audience should lose all interest.  dance
  • introduction
     Reply #21 - March 24, 2013, 04:12 PM

Welcome to the forum.

You'll love it here.  grin12

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »