Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Greeting from the UK

(Read 2677 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Greeting from the UK
     OP - February 23, 2013, 05:39 PM

I'm your average 16 year old teenage boy living in the UK.

i was born and raised Muslim by immigrant parents from the Indian sub-continent. I'm a student currently studying A-levels Bio, Chem, Phys & Maths. (MASSIVE SCIENCE NERD)

I've gotten to that point now in my life (16), where I'm always thinking about the future and how I should live my life. In my parents culture, religion practically governs every aspect of your life, so naturally I wanted to find out as much about it as I could, to see what I was getting myself into.

A naturally curious person, I researched countless things covering philosophy and science, the "big questions" so to speak. The more I researched, I found myself becoming more and more skeptical about my religion. I found myself disagreeing with a lot of verses in the Qur'an and Hadith. Some of them angering me, and leaving me in disgust. There comes a point when you've read so much bullshit, you've got to seriously think about things, and so I have decided to leave the faith of Islam. Thank God for the internet  Wink

I would now consider myself an Atheist. I wan't to believe in God. I mean who doesn't? I don't want it all to end after I die, living a meaningless life. But it's just a cold reality I am getting to grips with. Thus far, I haven't told anybody of my apostacy. I am the eldest sibling in my family and only son, telling my parents would absolutely shatter their lives. I would consider my family as moderate muslims, that are very good hearted in nature.

I wanna thank God for providing me with a curious, open mind, ergo giving me the opportunity to rid myself of the shackles of religion. I would not be an Atheist unless he willed  Wink   thnkyu
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #1 - February 23, 2013, 05:50 PM

Hello Abeer (pretty name), lovely to have you with us  far away hug

"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline toward the religion of solitude."

"i used to steal my sisters barbies so i could take their clothes off and perv on them" - prince spinoza
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #2 - February 23, 2013, 06:09 PM

Hello mate Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Greeting from the UK
     Reply #3 - February 23, 2013, 06:44 PM

I became an atheist at 16 too  dance

Welcome to the forum  signwelcome

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #4 - February 23, 2013, 06:47 PM

Hello Abeer

People you know will tell you you are young and confused.

Disregard them- you have more intelligence in your little finger than they do in thier entire brains.

Welcome!
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #5 - February 23, 2013, 06:55 PM

abeer is not a terrible name.. it means fragrant or aroma (a nice one)  Smiley

hi and welcome
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #6 - February 23, 2013, 07:26 PM

Welcome to the forum, dude.   parrot

You sure you also want to reveal your surname publicly?

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #7 - February 23, 2013, 07:29 PM

^

yeah if your a teenager and not financially independent.

Try as much as you can to hide your identity and don't  go around advertising your apostasy.

The last thing you want is for your parents to find out and then kick you out of the house.

Stay careful man !

• Greeting from the UK
     Reply #8 - February 23, 2013, 07:35 PM

Hey man,

Welcome.

I would now consider myself an Atheist. I wan't to believe in God. I mean who doesn't? I don't want it all to end after I die, living a meaningless life. But it's just a cold reality I am getting to grips with.

Have you looked into religious naturalism?

Michael Dowd is a genius at taking the positive aspects of religion and integrating them with science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loBx1Xd2m-M
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #9 - February 23, 2013, 08:09 PM

Welcome Abeer  Smiley parrot bunny

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #10 - February 23, 2013, 08:13 PM

Hi Abeer, welcome on the forum! Smiley

I would now consider myself an Atheist. I wan't to believe in God. I mean who doesn't? I don't want it all to end after I die, living a meaningless life.

Atheist only means someone who doesn't believe in God/gods, it doesn't mean someone who is materialist and doesn't believe that life can continue after death. I personally don't see any contradiction between not believing in God yet still believing in an "afterlife". If God isn't necessary for life to appear and develop, then why would God be necessary for life to continue in another form?

I wanna thank God for providing me with a curious, open mind, ergo giving me the opportunity to rid myself of the shackles of religion. I would not be an Atheist unless he willed  Wink   thnkyu

LOL. Tongue

If the abrahamic god judged himself according to his own moral standards, he'd go to hell.

He's jealous, full of pride, he created evil, he doesn't heal sick people while he could, he's attacking people who are weaker than him, he follows his own desires and he commits murders all the time.
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #11 - February 23, 2013, 08:14 PM

I appreciate the concern guys, but don't worry I'm safe. I only visit this site on my personal laptop, and even then I go incognito Wink
    Also, my parents (I hope) won't be as strict as to kick me out if they find out!

I probably shouldn't have my name as my username though. Bad idea. Anyone know if you can get your username changed?
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #12 - February 23, 2013, 08:17 PM

hi there.

welcome to forum. thats everyone's jobs lol

• Greeting from the UK
     Reply #13 - February 23, 2013, 08:20 PM

I appreciate the concern guys, but don't worry I'm safe. I only visit this site on my personal laptop, and even then I go incognito Wink
    Also, my parents (I hope) won't be as strict as to kick me out if they find out!

I probably shouldn't have my name as my username though. Bad idea. Anyone know if you can get your username changed?

You should still be careful. You never know with parents that suspect your changes in your behavior. My parents caught me actually going on that site because my username was my name. So I think you should ask a moderator/adminstrator of the forum to change it if you want to avoid problems.

Other than that, welcome Smiley

Il faut savoir grandir et aller de l'avant.
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #14 - February 23, 2013, 08:24 PM

Start a topic in this private staff board requesting your username to be changed.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #15 - February 23, 2013, 09:01 PM

I've  changed my username  Smiley
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #16 - February 23, 2013, 09:18 PM

Welcome Smiley
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #17 - February 23, 2013, 10:23 PM

I would now consider myself an Atheist. I wan't to believe in God. I mean who doesn't?

Hello and welcome. I am happy that you left the shackles of religion.
    Anyways, I completely disagree with that statement, at least if it's a personal God. A God who is aware and judgmental of all of your thoughts and actions would be like a 24/7 security camera to me. I find it baseless to think that our lives would be meaningless.
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #18 - February 23, 2013, 11:35 PM

Typical, bloody nonsense science corrupting our youth again, ban science ban the internet and welcome to the forum. Wink
     Btw love the name, have A beer from me. cheers
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #19 - February 24, 2013, 06:16 AM

Hello, welcome! grin12 parrot

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• Greeting from the UK
     Reply #20 - February 24, 2013, 01:38 PM

bunny Welcome to the forums  parrot and congratulations on losing faith.
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #21 - February 24, 2013, 06:15 PM

"I'm a student currently studying A-levels Bio, Chem, Phys & Maths. (MASSIVE SCIENCE NERD)"

Awesome! Me too. I took the old style A-levels in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. I love science almost as much as I love dirty web sites Smiley

"Thank God for the internet"

Yeah. Allah really fucked up with that one. You'd think he would realise that the internet would be the beginning of the end for him. What a dumb shit.

"I would not be an Atheist unless he willed"

Yes. Don't forget Allah had everything written down on the preserved tablet (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz) before you were born. It's not your fault you're an apostate. It's in the script! Nothing you can do about it my friend. Remember that time as a child when you ninja'd some food while you were supposed to be fasting? Well that was in Allah's script too Smiley

It's nice to have you here. I worship Archimedes (the true inventor of calculus), Newton, Einstein and Feynman Smiley

If you need any help with pure mathematics PM me (but you have to have attempted the question yourself first!). I'm shit hot at that stuff. Currently self studying multivariable calculus... for fun!!!

And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Bertrand Russell
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #22 - February 24, 2013, 06:34 PM

Welcome mate. It's good to see the educated muslim waking up from the delusions of Islam. The combination of subjects you are studying really bring forward the importance of reconciling ones faith with what reality actually is.

I do envy those who come to know of the true nature of Islam early in your life. It took me till mid 20s to smell the coffee. You have so much to look forward to and the opportunity to work hard to live the life you want.

I've always wondered how muslims could cope with studying biology at A-levels and University. I have many Muslim acquaintances who do this but manage to ignore the direct contradiction they should have with modern Biology. cognitive dissonance is very hard to live with, how do they manage?.

Imadeofclay Good to see some math nerds like myself. Mathematical logic really highlighted the massive logical inconsistancies in Islam for me. Though I did not study physics at a level or university, I slowly teaching myself physics. Really is fascinating when you understand the maths.

• Greeting from the UK
     Reply #23 - February 24, 2013, 10:56 PM

Hey, I have just recently left Islam. I'm also 16, from London, i just never could understand Islam. My mum would listen to the Qur'an and be like doesn't it sound beautiful and I'd just want it to stop. Also, the crazy restrictions not looking at a man/women, forbidden sexual acts (even masturbation and oral), headscarf, drinking etc I've always been interested in other religions and they all seem amazing and loving but I could never understand why Islam was so hateful. My mum was like read the Qur'an you will love it and understand Islam better. I started it and I couldn't finish it. It was like do this or you'll burn in hell forever! I thought is this the religion of peace, i became tormented by the idea of going to hell. Surely god wouldn't want me to live this way? I tried to interpret it in a modern way but I couldn't, I could never see god in a loving way, it was mainly fear.
    I HAVE A BUG QUESTION FOR EVERYONE! I was wondering is there that little part of you that is brainwashed that makes you feel like you're going to hell for not believing (maybe because of their upbringing) or habits that you can't break out of Huh?

Sorry for the mini essay I just posted  Smiley Wink
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #24 - February 24, 2013, 11:05 PM

Remember that time as a child when you ninja'd some food while you were supposed to be fasting? Well that was in Allah's script too Smiley

It's nice to have you here. I worship Archimedes (the true inventor of calculus), Newton, Einstein and Feynman Smiley

If you need any help with pure mathematics PM me (but you have to have attempted the question yourself first!). I'm shit hot at that stuff. Currently self studying multivariable calculus... for fun!!!

Funnily enough, I'm yet to engage in the ways of the ninja during ramadan. I always kinda felt guilty even thinking about eating something whilst fasting. Look forward to "ninjaing" food for the first time during next years ramadan  dance

Damn, self studying multivariable for fun!!! That is whole new level of nerd! Good on you  Afro
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #25 - February 24, 2013, 11:07 PM

I HAVE A BUG QUESTION FOR EVERYONE! I was wondering is there that little part of you that is brainwashed that makes you feel like you're going to hell for not believing (maybe because of their upbringing) or habits that you can't break out of Huh?

I definitely get those thoughts.....maybe it's because we're still young and getting to grips with it  Smiley 
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #26 - February 24, 2013, 11:14 PM

Hopefully it will go away later on, thanks for replying.
    it just shows how religion's driving force is fear. All this I follow it because I want to and I love it bullshit people say Wink
    Anyways WELCOME! (even though I just joined like 5 minutes ago  Afro)
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #27 - February 24, 2013, 11:27 PM

I've always wondered how muslims could cope with studying biology at A-levels and University. I have many Muslim acquaintances who do this but manage to ignore the direct contradiction they should have with modern Biology. cognitive dissonance is very hard to live with, how do they manage?.

I rejected the theory of evolution , when I was first taught it at GCSE. I was kinda embarrassed when people in my class asked me if I believed in it, and said no.

I instead found refuge behind the thoughts and ideas of Harun Yahya (embarassing I know)

But after a while I realized that evolution is quite clearly a fact. I mean just by looking at another human being you can tell we had a common ancestor with chimpanzees. Accepting the theory of evolution was one the big things that distanced me from Islam. Now I see Darwin as an inspiration, when before I hated him.

• Greeting from the UK
     Reply #28 - February 25, 2013, 02:17 AM

Welcome to the forums, and kaffirdom marwa bunny parrot
    If you think that's a mini-essay, you should see my rants! 
    I used to experience that tiny remaining fear of hell that manages to somehow outlive your faith too, but I can safely say that that's completely left me now; I'm not even in the slightest bit afraid of hell or even death for that matter. 
  • Greeting from the UK
     Reply #29 - February 25, 2013, 02:30 AM

Yeah after you leave Islam the fear of hell still stay for a bit.  For me the fear of hell stayed for about 3 months after leaving Islam.

After all brainwashing doesn't go away quickly.

But now I have absolutely no fear of hell or religion. I see Allah as no different than Zeus.

Time will heal your fear of hell.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »