Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Syria

(Read 42803 times)
  • 12 3 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Syria
     OP - February 09, 2013, 12:00 AM

I was curious about the death toll so far in Syria. A few months ago, the news said it was 10k people. 10000 TEN THOUSAND :/

Today..estimated between 50-60 thousand. My mind feels confused or something, how can that be happening in 2013?

A link to an Islamic forum showed a different side of the story. Sunni forum, of course making a historical case about how this shia war was planned.

I know from the Shia side, they believe the wahhabis are trying to get them, therefore, the dead are collateral damage in bringing back the Mahdi and suppressing the Sufyani.

Here's the real problem. The "prophecy" claims that 100k people will die. 50-60k already, in only a few months. 100k people...as insane as that is, it doesn't sound too far away.

People have turned into numbers, but it's happening, and it' like they'll make sure 100k will die. WTF is going to happen after that?

So the news version is that it was a protest that caused a government crackdown, tonnes of civilians died. Assad is a baathi, like Saddam - a dictator. The problem is that all the sects involved in the killing (and those who don't know shit) are contributing to the sectarian propaganda.

Shias, what do you expect is going to happen? Your Mahdi will come and the whole world will convert to Shia? :/ (Yeah that is an actual prophecy - a joke, but I can't laugh)...

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2013/Feb-08/205662-rebels-kill-7-soldiers-after-mass-casualties-in-north-syria.ashx#axzz2KLxnkMFk

The United Nations says more than 60,000 people have been killed in Syria since the outbreak of a revolt in March 2011

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• Syria
     Reply #1 - February 24, 2013, 01:56 PM

Jila i'm going to add to your thread if you don't mind, seeing i can't find a reliable news report concerning Syria

i just got a message from a fb friend asking about E.N.N. news network (i have never heard of them but apparently they are gaining ground)
    https://www.facebook.com/Edlib.News.Network
    anyways , it seems they are promoting an islamic regime in syria here:
    https://www.facebook.com/moaradaislamiya
    it's pretty disgusting.. i told my friend i would pass this on to the forum and see if anyone had anything to add since the videos seem to be made by a professional group.. is this a tv station? or on arabic satellite?
  • Syria
     Reply #2 - February 24, 2013, 02:06 PM

Hey Nessy, yeah I keep seeing posts about that. Topple the Allawi regime and replace it with khilafa.
    It hurts me to see so many dead people, and yet, it feels like the Islamic crusaders don't intend to stop anytime soon. Dictator vs. Islamists =[

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• Syria
     Reply #3 - February 25, 2013, 12:57 AM

So like how much of Syrian population is left? How can you govern or run a country with like all those people either dead or immigrated? This is just so sad

Why the world is standing by? What about the neighboring Arabic countries? It just baffles me that no one is stepping in. but God forbid Israel kills 1 Palestinian child the whole Muslim world in arms.  Zipit If the reaction towards Israel was the same with Syrian Assad would have been long gone by now.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • Syria
     Reply #4 - June 10, 2013, 09:45 PM

Syrian militants shoot 15-year-old boy on pretext of blasphemy

On Sunday Syrian opposition militants shot down a 15-year-old boy in front of his parents in Aleppo on charges of blasphemy, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights opposed to the Syrian government reports (VIDEO).

According to this organization, the victim of this outrage was 15-year-old Mohammed Kataa who sold coffee in one of Aleppo´s districts. Several days prior to the massacre he allegedly said during a street argument that he would not become religious even if Prophet Muhammad came down to Earth.
    According to the report, the gunmen, who belong to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, a militant group that started off known as the Nusra Front, siezed the boy after an argument., in which he confessed that "even if the Prophet Mohammad comes down (from heaven), I will not become a believer." Later, the gunmen brought him back alive in early hours of Sunday, with whiplash marks visible on his body. Later he fired two bullets from an automatic rifle in view of the crowd and in front of the boy's mother and father, got into a car and left.
     The militants shot him down in spite of his mother’s pleas that he had taken part in anti-government marches.

“The Observatory cannot ignore these crimes, which only serve the enemies of the revolution and the enemies of humanity,” said the group’s leader Rami Abdulrahman.
    Since last year, large parts of the city have fallen under the control of Islamist brigades, including the al-Qaida-linked Nusra Front, as well as other rebel units.
     More than 94,000 people have been killed and some 1.6 million Syrians have fled the country since the civil war began in March 2011.

WARNING ! Graphic video at the link

Read more: http://english.ruvr.ru/news/2013_06_10/Syrian-militants-shoot-15-year-old-boy-on-pretext-of-blasphemy-9597/

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
  • Syria
     Reply #5 - June 10, 2013, 11:03 PM

militant group that started off known as the Nusra Front, siezed the boy after an argument., in which he confessed that "even if the Prophet Mohammad comes down (from heaven), I will not become a believer."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013/06/201369175918244221.html

It is thought Kattaa's customer was trying to get a free coffee and the boy responded "Even if Muhammad comes down, I will not give it as debt."

This was misinterpreted by the foreign fighters who took it for blasphemy.

• Syria
     Reply #6 - June 11, 2013, 09:56 PM

militant group that started off known as the Nusra Front, siezed the boy after an argument., in which he confessed that "even if the Prophet Mohammad comes down (from heaven), I will not become a believer."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013/06/201369175918244221.html

well let us put the name and more news on that boy.. off course that 15 year old  is a Shia Muslim. and his name is, well was Mohammad Qataa

15-year-old Mohammad Qataa during a pro-democracy protest in Aleppo. Image from www.facebook.com/syriaohr

Mohammad Qataa holds a little boy in this still broadcast on YouTube by the Aleppo Media Center .

An al-Qaeda-affiliated opposition group has allegedly executed a teenage boy in Syria in front of his family, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reports. The boy was shot by the group for supposedly blaspheming.

15-year-old Mohammad Qataa was taken hostage by the extremist group and was then summarily executed in the northern city of Aleppo on Sunday night. Pro-opposition group the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) released a photo of the boy with bullet wounds in both his face and neck.

The SOHR said witnesses claim Qataa got into an argument at a coffee stand where he worked in the Sh’ar neighborhood of Aleppo. He was overheard saying: "Even if the Prophet Mohammad comes down (from heaven), I will not become a believer.

His words caught the attention of members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria who kidnapped Qatta. They then brought him back to the stall late on Sunday night with whiplash marks on his body.

According to the report published by the SOHR, one of the members of the group addressed the crowd and said:
    “Generous citizens of Aleppo, disbelieving in God is polytheism and cursing the prophet is polytheism. Whoever curses even once will be punished like this.” "He then fired two bullets from an automatic rifle in view of the crowd and in front of the boy's mother and father, and got into a car and left,"

the report said. It added that the SOHR demands the killers be brought to justice. Qatta’s mother allegedly pleaded with the killers, whose accented Arabic suggested they were not from Syria.

And here are that 15 year old Mohammad Qataa's parents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PrAF2AgqOng

And here is what these heroes of Islam did to that boy..

15 year old Mohammad Qataa-1

Mohammad Qataa-2

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Syria
     Reply #7 - June 12, 2013, 08:13 AM

What is more disgusting about the killing  of this child is that every day many Syrian children die by the hands of the Syrian regime, yet no one says a damn word about it.
    The regimes' atrocities have turned into a normal thing in the eyes of the world, just like weather changes. Syria's situation nowadays is barely mentioned in non-Arab media.
    More than 100 thousand people died, but who cares?
    Thousands of women got raped, but who gives a damn?
    Hundreds of children were slaughtered with knives, but who gives a shit?
    100 thousand prisoners are living in unimaginable terrible conditions and are subjected to regular torture, but who gives a fuck?
    Millions of refugees who have lost everything, so what?
    The world gives a fuck only when the atrocity, no matter how limited it's, comes from the rebel side. Because that's an unusual thing so it makes news, and because it gives an excuse for the world for not intervening.
    What a sick world.
    I am so unfucking lucky to be a Syrian and witness all this happening to my country while the world is turning a blind eye.
    Syria has turned into a situation worse than Bosnia.
  • Syria
     Reply #8 - June 12, 2013, 09:46 AM

:(

• Syria
     Reply #9 - June 12, 2013, 06:35 PM

I am so unfucking lucky to be a Syrian and witness all this happening to my country while the world is turning a blind eye.

Salim *HUGS*

It is the only thing I have to offer. A little more than two years ago we had peaceful demonstrations in Syria and now we have this more and more brutalised mayhem! I have no words. And no solution. And the carnage just goes on.

I feel a bit of your pain. And I feel naked, having nothing to offer for your nation and for the unfortunate people in it.

I can't do anything else than apologise. I tried to petition the Danish government to make a early move with regard to Syria, but Russia and China blocked everything and the UN is just a puppet of the US. I know that the US sent people to Syria to get tortured in their "war on terror" so Syria was an ally to the US. How sick is that?

Also I don't get why Qatar, Saudi Arabia and friends allegedly keep sending support (and weapons) to people like the Al-Nusra while ignoring the need of help to the people fleeing from the fields of killing! It is like they are bound to a Wahabi-Sunni-Jihadist-We-Will-Take-Everything-coalition vs. a Shia-Alawi-Assyrian-Kurd-coalition and totally ignoring the Alawis, Kurds and Christians opposing the Assad regime because of its brutality and lack of basic freedoms! :(

Red Cross has been shouting that they immediately need the financial support to deliver aid to 10 million people! 10 million! In Spain the Red Cross is busy handing out basic rations to spaniards!

Sorry to add to the despair... But yes... I feel so powerless... I can't imagine what you are going through...

Sorry. And hugs,
    Nikolaj

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Syria
     Reply #10 - June 13, 2013, 06:04 PM

93,000 killed in Syrian civil war since March 2011, says UN

GENEVA: More than 93,000 people, including over 6,500 children, have been killed in Syria's civil war, which has grown increasingly deadly over the past year, a United Nations study said on Thursday.

The skyrocketing death toll, along with documented cases of children tortured and entire families massacred, “is a terrible reminder of just how vicious this conflict has become,” UN rights chief Navi Pillay said in a statement.  Describing the killing as “senseless carnage” Pillay said that the UN's latest toll figure “is most likely a minimum casualty figure. The true number of those killed is potentially much higher.”

The number of people killed in the two-year conflict has skyrocketed over the past year, with the average monthly toll since July 2012 standing at more than 5,000, compared with 1,000 in the summer of 2011, the study said. “This extremely high rate of killings, month after month, reflects the drastically deteriorating pattern of the conflict over the past year,” Pillay said, adding that nearly 27,000 people have been killed since December 2012 alone.

“Civilians are bearing the brunt of widespread, violent and often indiscriminate attacks which are devastating whole swathes of major towns and cities, as well as outlying villages,” she added. The study, running from the outbreak of the conflict in March 2011 to the end of April this year, updates the toll of 60,000 which the UN gave in a November 2012 document.

The latest study underlined the extent to which the violence has spiralled since the start of the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad, which began as peaceful protests and degenerated into a civil war. Pillay slammed both sides, pointing to government shelling and air attacks on urban areas, and the rebels' pounding of residential areas, albeit with less fire power, and bombings in the heart of cities, notably the capital Damascus.

Some 82.6 per cent of the documented victims were male, while 7.6 per cent were female, and the gender was not indicated in the remaining cases. The analysis was not able to differentiate consistently between combatants and non-combatants, and around three-quarters of the reported killings did not record the victim's age. But the deaths of at least 6,561 children, 1,729 of them under 10 years old, were documented.

“There are also well-documented cases of individual children being tortured and executed, and entire families, including babies, being massacred, which, along with this devastatingly high death toll, is a terrible reminder of just how vicious this conflict has become,” said Pillay. “I urge the parties to declare an immediate ceasefire before tens of thousands more people are killed or injured,” she said, urging the international community to step up peace efforts.

well that is what the link says.... read more at it...

• Syria
     Reply #11 - July 05, 2013, 01:06 PM

well some guy Paul Wood  ...from England  writes about a crazy brutal rogue or nut case or whatever  Face-to-face with Abu Sakkar, Syria's 'heart-eating cannibal' who apparently ate the heart and lungs of a Syrian soldier..   But before that let us listen to the hero of London "The Pussy Cat"  on that Syrian cannibal brute..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XLh1ZCWu3s
    So going back to that crazy brutal rogue  of Syria. interesting words from his mouth
    Face-to-face with Abu Sakkar, Syria's 'heart-eating cannibal' By Paul Wood in BBC

The story turned out to be true in its important aspects, though when I met the commander, Abu Sakkar, in Syria last week, he seemed hazy on the details.
    "I really don't remember," he says, when I ask if it was the man's heart, as reported at the time, or liver, or a piece of lung, as a doctor who saw the video said. He goes on: "I didn't bite into it. I just held it for show."  The video says otherwise. It is one of the most gruesome to emerge from Syria's civil war. In it, Abu Sakkar stands over an enemy corpse, slicing into the flesh.

"It looks like you're carving him a Valentine's heart," says one of his men, raucously. Abu Sakkar picks up a bloody handful of something and declares: "We will eat your hearts and your livers you soldiers of Bashar the dog."

Then he brings his hand up to his mouth and his lips close around whatever he is holding. At the time the video was released, in May, we rang him and he confirmed to us that he had indeed taken a ritual bite. Now, meeting him face-to-face, he seems a bit more circumspect, though his anger builds when I ask why he carried out this depraved act.
    "I didn't want to do this. I had to," he tells me. "We have to terrify the enemy, humiliate them, just as they do to us. Now, they won't dare be wherever Abu Sakkar is."

He is 27, a stocky, tough-looking Bedouin from the Baba Amr district of Homs, with a wild stare and skin burned a dark brown by the sun. He tells me the story of his involvement in the revolution, leading to his current notoriety. Before the uprising, he was working as a labourer in Baba Amr. He joined the demonstrations when they started in the spring of 2011. Then, he says, a woman and child were shot dead at a protest. His brother went to help. He, too, was shot and killed.

Put yourself in my shoes - they slaughtered your brothers, they murdered your uncle and aunt... all this happened to me”

In a YouTube video from June 2011, Abu Sakkar can be seen at the front of a crowd waving olive branches to greet deserting army officers. He took up arms against the regime, one of the first to join a new organisation called the Free Syrian Army (FSA).

In February 2012, he was fighting with the Farouq Brigade, and they tried, and failed, to stop the regime taking Baba Amr. When the FSA fled Baba Amr, he started his own brigade, the Omar al-Farouq. They saw bitter fighting in Qusayr.

Along the way, he lost another brother, many relatives, and countless of his men. His parents were arrested and he says the police rang him so he could hear them being beaten.

"Put yourself in my shoes," he says. "They took your father and mother and insulted them. They slaughtered your brothers, they murdered your uncle and aunt. All this happened to me. They slaughtered my neighbours."
    He goes on to talk about the man whose flesh he held in his hands: "This guy had videos on his mobile. It showed him raping a mother and her two daughters. He stripped them while they begged him to stop in the name of God. Finally he slaughtered them with a knife... What would you have done?"

..................Abu Sakkar says the dead soldier was an Alawite or Shiite militiaman. "He was insulting us. He was shouting, 'Oh Ali, Oh Hussein, Oh Haydar [Shia slogans],'" he says.
    "In the beginning, when we captured an Alawite fighter, we would feed him, make him feel comfortable. We used to tell him we were brothers. But then they started raping our women, slaughtering children with knives." A man in the room interrupts to say the Alawites are not proper Muslims. This war is becoming increasingly sectarian.

He continues: "Qusayr was destroyed, Baba Amr destroyed, Homs was entirely destroyed. No-one cares. See how the refugees are living? Would you accept your parents living the same way? The Syrian people refuse to be humiliated. We are defending the Islamic nation and this is how the Arabs and the West treat us? What did the West do? Nothing."

Finally, he adds: "If we don't get help, a no-fly zone, heavy weapons, we will do worse [than I did]. You've seen nothing yet." So Abu Sakkar has become the "cannibal rebel" - a handy symbol for all those who, like the Russian President, Vladimir Putin, oppose arming the Syrian rebels.

Standing next to an uncomfortable looking David Cameron, Mr Putin told a G8 summit news conference: "These are people who don't just kill their enemies, they open up their bodies, and eat their intestines in front of the public and the cameras. Are these the people you want to… supply with weapons?"

well that is what Abu Sakkar says on brutally killing and eating a soldier from Syrian Army,  And this is what  Paul Wood of that BBC writes/thinks about the actions of Abu Sakkar
    It is possible that Abu Sakkar was mentally disturbed all along. Or perhaps the war made him this way. War damages men - and Syria is no different. As the poet W H Auden wrote: "Those to whom evil is done, do evil in return."

That sounds like the Pussy cat from London  but I don't know.  There is lot more at that link read it all by clicking  the lick on top.

So   how would any one of us react if some government from your own country kill your brother/your aunt/uncle/dog/cat/ whatever ?? could we also act like Abu Sakkar??   well I don't know.. fuck it.. let me drink beer..

• Syria
     Reply #12 - July 06, 2013, 12:07 AM

Please don't subject us to any more "Pussy Cat" from London. He actually started off making one or two fair points but unsurprisingly it soon went down hill. Couldn't he just find someone new to feed him milk. Maybe sail away into the sunset licking the Terrapin to land of Pure. The UK would be a better place without them.
  • Syria
     Reply #13 - July 06, 2013, 01:07 AM

Please don't subject us to any more "Pussy Cat" from London. He actually started off making one or two fair points but unsurprisingly it soon went down hill. Couldn't he just find someone new to feed him milk. Maybe sail away into the sunset licking the Terrapin to land of Pure. The UK would be a better place without them.

Huh ! Land of pure.. Nooooo. Women from Pakistan are much smarter to fall for this guy ,, Anyways talking about Cats..  well we know at least four cats from his house..

she is His forth Cat.. rest you can see  here

• Syria
     Reply #14 - July 08, 2013, 10:13 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1U6OdDMTc0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc_QINI2WsE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9vMCSh6BMQ

You speak..I speak ..all speak.. but George Baldy Go read ...............".Quran/Hadith/Islam/Islamic History".....
    Learn George.. learn "Why & How Islam started and why & how Islam split ?"

• Syria
     Reply #15 - July 10, 2013, 10:50 PM

A different point of view on Syria, misogyny, working poor freelancing, supply and demand - from a female reporter inside Syria trying to what she do - reports.

http://www.cjr.org/feature/womans_work.php?page=1

But whether you’re writing from Aleppo or Gaza or Rome, the editors see no difference. You are paid the same: $70 per piece. Even in places like Syria, where prices triple because of rampant speculation. So, for example, sleeping in this rebel base, under mortar fire, on a mattress on the ground, with yellow water that gave me typhoid, costs $50 per night; a car costs $250 per day. So you end up maximizing, rather than minimizing, the risks. Not only can you not afford insurance—it’s almost $1,000 a month—but you cannot afford a fixer or a translator. You find yourself alone in the unknown. The editors are well aware that $70 a piece pushes you to save on everything. They know, too, that if you happen to be seriously wounded, there is a temptation to hope not to survive, because you cannot afford to be wounded. But they buy your article anyway, even if they would never buy the Nike soccer ball handmade by a Pakistani child.

Yes yes - first world problems, I know, I know - but I still found the information in it (not just the quoted bit) interesting.

Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Syria
     Reply #16 - August 15, 2013, 02:31 AM

Great - this guy is speaking Danish beside all his Arab words... finmad

He calls for Jihad against the Shias (in Syria and Yemen) and says that only a few people will fight for the truth until Doomsday (if I guess his Arabic usage correct). Apparently the soon to come Doomsday is big in those peoples' minds.

He also says that if you love your family - your wife, your sons, your daughters - more than Allah then wait for the punishment of Allah.

I actually think he tells a story about a dream one of his "brothers" had about a houri giving a rifle patron to the dreamer.
    The dreamer wants to hug the houri (hug... grin12?)
    But the houri says "not yet!"
    And the dreamer didn't understand why not yet
    A few days later Allah took his soul - yes, he became shaheed (martyr)

Also at the end:
    Jihad is the shortest path to Jannah
    Brothers and sisters! Take this step and Allah will be running towards you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuHvxRkdvPw

• Syria
     Reply #17 - August 18, 2013, 05:07 PM

Here is a part of the above interview with English subtitles from some right-wing dude - the translation from Danish to English is hasan. Obviously the translator has no knowledge of the religious Arabic terms thrown in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ootbyBUuILI

Found through this article (in English).

Apparently Abu Khattab's real name is Musharaf Sahid and went to a (almost all-white) Danish private school 2 km from where I live in our municipality. Reportedly his former class mates are shocked to find him as a Salafi Jihadist now at the age of 22.

Here is another article in English from The Copenhagen Post
    ”We were given everything in Denmark. Our parents paid everything for us, we were given bread and milk for free, but the [the infidels] could not deceive us," he says in the video. "My dear brothers, jihad is the greatest reward. Your blood will smell sweet. Your imam will appear before you as a luminous bubble. My dear brothers and sisters in Denmark, you should come too. This is the best thing to do, to strengthen the Islamic people and the Islamic state,” Khattab proclaims in the video.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that Copenhagen Police and domestic intelligence agency PET have been secretly investigating Islamic organisations with links to Syria. PET’s latest threat assessment revealed that at least 65 Danes have participated in the conflict. At least five of them are known to have been killed.

• Syria
     Reply #18 - August 18, 2013, 05:31 PM

So, in Denmark the kuffars gave them free education benefits, a peaceful life but they (Denmark) couldn't device them?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Syria
     Reply #19 - August 18, 2013, 07:12 PM

Jup - free education, free health care, first country to make porn legal, beer, bacon, very liberal views on sex and gender interaction.

But he was clever than we were.

Luckily we in the West still have control over this Saudi guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOrDnazYaxg

• Syria
     Reply #20 - August 18, 2013, 07:44 PM

A glimpse of sanity.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Syria
     Reply #21 - August 21, 2013, 08:41 PM

Great - another one from Abu Khattab (the Danish guy) - now with another Danish-speaking guy, Abu Musa:

The translating is valid, almost sahih.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTO1rxHL0ek

• Syria
     Reply #22 - August 21, 2013, 08:51 PM

Why does an all powerful all seeing supreme creator-god need people to fight for him anyway? Surely if these people were correct, allah would will it and it would be so.

• Syria
     Reply #23 - August 21, 2013, 09:37 PM

well that is Aisha side of Islam and this is Fatima side of Islam in 21st century

Syria's main opposition group accused President Bashar al-Assad's regime of killing more than 1,300 people in a chemical weapons attack Wednesday on rebel areas near Damascus. The claim of a chemical attack, which could not be independently verified, was vehemently denied by the Syrian regime which said it was intended to hinder the mission of UN chemical weapons inspectors now in the country.

Swedish scientist Ake Sellstrom told news agency TT that while he had only seen TV footage, the high number of casualties reported sounded suspicious. The National Coalition's George Sabra, who spoke to reporters in Istanbul, also said the attack was a “coup de grace that kills all hopes for a political solution in Syria.”

“It sounds like something that should be looked into,” he told TT by phone from Damascus. “It will depend on whether any UN member state goes to the secretary general and says we should look at this event. We are in place.”...

• Syria
     Reply #24 - August 21, 2013, 09:49 PM

How did you make it so the link was part of your sentence? I've seen this on other sites, always been curious.

• Syria
     Reply #25 - August 21, 2013, 09:56 PM

How did you make it so the link was part of your sentence? I've seen this on other sites, always been curious.

go through this link  Quod Sum Eris

click the link to get help on BBCodes  

• Syria
     Reply #26 - August 21, 2013, 10:06 PM

Cheers.  Smiley

• Syria
     Reply #27 - August 24, 2013, 06:22 PM

US defense Secretary  says US weighs military options for Syria

ABOARD A US MILITARY AIRCRAFT: The Pentagon is moving forces into place in case President Barack Obama opts for military action against Syria, US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel suggested Friday.   Amid calls for military intervention after the Syrian regime carried out an alleged chemical weapons attack this week, US commanders have prepared a range of “options” for Obama if he chooses to launch an attack on the Damascus regime, Hagel told reporters aboard his plane en route to Malaysia.

But he declined to provide any details on the positioning of US troops and assets amid escalation in the Syrian civil war. “The Defence Department has a responsibility to provide the president with options for all contingencies,” Hagel said. He spoke as a defence official said the US Navy will expand its presence in the Mediterranean with a fourth warship armed with cruise missiles.

The US Sixth Fleet, with responsibility in the Mediterranean, has decided to keep the USS Mahan in the region instead of letting it return to its home port in Norfolk, Virginia. Three other destroyers are currently deployed in the region — the USS Gravely, USS Barry and USS Ramage. All four warships are equipped with several dozen Tomahawk cruise missiles.

The reinforcement allows the Pentagon to act more rapidly if Obama orders a military strike. “The president has asked the Defence Department for options. Like always, the Defence Department is prepared and has been prepared to provide all options for all contingencies to the president of the United States,” Hagel said. The Pentagon chief and other defense officials made clear no decision had been taken on whether to employ military force against President Bashar al-Assad's regime.

US newspapers have suggested disagreements within the administration over the risks of another American military intervention in the Middle East. Hagel, who visited US Marines in Hawaii on Thursday before setting off on a week-long tour of Southeast Asia, said he expected American intelligence agencies to “swiftly” assess whether the Syrian government indeed used chemical weapons. He said the US government would work closely with its allies.

“The international community should and will act in concert on these kinds of issues,” Hagel said.

My only hope is   AMRIKA protects Shia community if they take out that fool .. son of a foolish Ba'athist Syria

• Syria
     Reply #28 - August 25, 2013, 03:47 AM

No one cares about Syria anymore, everyone is waiting for Israel to do something extreme to Palestine, or the next anti-Muhammad video to come out. Then we can see mass protests worldwide  Cry that's just saaaad.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • Syria
     Reply #29 - August 25, 2013, 06:32 AM

US defense Secretary  says US weighs military options for Syria

My only hope is   AMRIKA protects Shia community if they take out that fool .. son of a foolish Ba'athist Syria

In Syria, America Loses if Either Side Wins

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/25/opinion/sunday/in-syria-america-loses-if-either-side-wins.html

I can't help but feel that way, this isn't going to end well at all.  lipsrsealed

"In every religion there is love, yet love has no religion"

"The intellectual runs away, afraid of drowning; the whole business of love is to drown in the sea." - Rumi
  • 12 3 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »