Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New site default theme (about friggin' time).

(Read 46049 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • New site default theme (about friggin' time).
     Reply #90 - February 14, 2013, 02:01 AM

Yeah it is an idle threat. I can't stand the basic SMF default. Ugly as a sack full of arseholes. grin12

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #91 - February 14, 2013, 02:18 AM

Avatar positioning is fixed but not the squished bug.

Think I've got the squished bug now.

Reply #92 - February 14, 2013, 02:27 AM

wtf happed to my blue forum...  Angry
     Reply #93 - February 14, 2013, 02:29 AM

Os decided we weren't giving him enough attention Wink

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #94 - February 14, 2013, 02:37 AM

Os knows that the only way to get feedback is to freak people out, coz if you ask nicely they just ignore it and go fuck around in the DJ thread. Tongue

Ness:
    Just had to reset some stuff, so everyone is back on site default. Change it again in your settings if you like. Wont be doing another mass reset.

By the way: from now on, all of the old themes are unsupported. If they keep working and you want to use them, fine. If anything goes wrong with them, not my problem. I value what is left of my sanity. bunny

Reply #95 - February 14, 2013, 02:40 AM

Nice try. You simply ignored all the feedback you were given by me at least. Can't pull that one on me, Os. Wink

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #96 - February 14, 2013, 02:42 AM

Actually you gave bugger all. You can't pull that one on me either. Wink

Reply #97 - February 14, 2013, 02:43 AM

It's all in the original thread for people to see. Anyway, whatever.

Reply #98 - February 14, 2013, 02:50 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egbfvh0nYes&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Cheering and channeling sanity to Osz.
    from far away*
     Reply #99 - February 14, 2013, 02:01 PM

Its just now I realize that I have slept on this thread.

I love the new theme, it has a pleasant look,new interesting features and it fits perfectly in my phone. My only major problem with it is that if someone quotes another one's post or quotes an excerpt from a source, I find it hard to scroll down or up which is frustrating that I have to skip some threads and because of that I move back to an old theme. Also just like the old theme, I can't go to threads that has many pictures or gifs posted because it makes my phone crash which is why I avoid threads like Post a picture,funny memes,beautiful women thread or any thread that has many of these either two or both.

Oh, I use Blackberry torch 9800.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #100 - February 14, 2013, 04:00 PM

I'm a Dark Grunge man myself.
     Reply #101 - February 14, 2013, 04:46 PM

I liked the old layout and I'm having problems using my (android) mobile phone with the new themes. None of them seem to display correctly so I gave up trying to browse and post using my mobile phone.
     Reply #102 - February 14, 2013, 04:56 PM

Hassan, you can go back to using the old mobile theme now on your phone, the one called Omega_Mobile_RC.

Reply #103 - February 14, 2013, 05:02 PM

Ok thanks. I'm an old guy. Change takes time for me lol
     Reply #104 - February 14, 2013, 05:04 PM

The new theme's mobile version needs more work, it's not just you who's having these issues with it. Smiley

I like the desktop version of the new theme, though.

Reply #105 - February 14, 2013, 08:04 PM

My only major problem with it is that if someone quotes another one's post or quotes an excerpt from a source, I find it hard to scroll down or up which is frustrating that I have to skip some threads and because of that I move back to an old theme.

Wotcha mean about "hard to scroll"? Does scrolling not work?

Also just like the old theme, I can't go to threads that has many pictures or gifs posted because it makes my phone crash which is why I avoid threads like Post a picture,funny memes,beautiful women thread or any thread that has many of these either two or both.

Not much I can do about that. If the thread content overloads your phone or your wireless connection, best to avoid that thread.

Oh, I use Blackberry torch 9800.

K. Thanks for that info.

Reply #106 - February 14, 2013, 08:38 PM

I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but the username link that brings up all the info about them has an arrow that wraps to the far right of the screen, and it gets partially hidden by the Send a message button.

It looks much better already with a smaller font. Now avatars are back to overlapping though.

My only major problem with it is that if someone quotes another one's post or quotes an excerpt from a source, I find it hard to scroll down or up which is frustrating that I have to skip some threads and because of that I move back to an old theme.

I tried scrolling on a long quote and it worked fine for me. What exactly happens when you try to scroll?

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #107 - February 14, 2013, 08:44 PM

If I try to scroll any long quote it moves sideways rather than stay in one place for me to read the whole thing.

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #108 - February 14, 2013, 08:55 PM

I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but the username link that brings up all the info about them has an arrow that wraps to the far right of the screen, and it gets partially hidden by the Send a message button.

Yeah I know, but that's a trivial one for the moment. Doesn't really affect anything.

Now avatars are back to overlapping though.

Didn't change anything there.

Reply #109 - February 14, 2013, 08:58 PM

Oh I thought I saw you say you had changed it. Nevermind. lipsrsealed

And I know it's trivial but it's still on the list whistling2

Reply #110 - February 14, 2013, 08:58 PM

Wait. Avatars are fixed now.

Reply #111 - February 14, 2013, 09:02 PM

Cheesy Yeah I thought they were.

Reply #112 - February 14, 2013, 09:05 PM

Weird, it must be some sort of ghost bug mysmilie_977

Reply #113 - February 14, 2013, 09:21 PM

If I try to scroll any long quote it moves sideways rather than stay in one place for me to read the whole thing.

Ok, will have to do a bit of digging on that one. Offhand I have NFI why it's doing that, since the quotes in this theme are pretty much the same (in code terms) as the quotes in any other theme.

Sorted. Mind you, could move the arrow to left of the username or sumpin. Anyway can mess around with it later. Basically ok for now.

Reply #114 - February 14, 2013, 11:50 PM

Oi! You phone peeps! We haz a quandary.

Allat wants the sidebar stuffz (shoutbox, recent posts, etc) like the old phone theme > overlapping the main forum content when expanded.

Luthiel wants it more or less like is is now (ie: full width block) but above the site logo rather than under the linktree.

Me? I don't care, as long as everyone agrees. If you want input, now's the time for it. Biggest mob wins. bunny

ETA: Oh and for anyone who still doesn't get it, you can still collapse or expand it the same way as you did on the old phone theme > by clicking the link in the bar at the top of the screen. It says "Hide sidebar" if the sidebar stuffz is visible, and it says "Show sidebar" if the sidebar stuffz is hidden.

It will remember what you select.

Reply #115 - February 15, 2013, 01:13 AM

Keep the crimson theme thingy I'm using please

where someone sees crimson, I see hot pink....   Wink

this must be the same theme we squabbled about the other day

Also, I followed the Crimson vs Hotpink debate on the shoutbox the other day with interest.  Can Os and Tabby thrash this out once and for all.  Start a One-on-one thread with another ringside seats thread.  This is some serious business. whistling2  Let the Great Colour Debate begin.popcorn

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #116 - February 15, 2013, 01:29 AM

Alrighty: on mobile mode the formatting buttons (bold, italic, etc) and the smileys (you know what they are Tongue ) are now in collapsible droppies to save space. Haz nice buttons with arrows and all.

If anyone asks "ZOMFG OS WHERE ARE TEH SMILEYS ON MOBILE?!?!?!!?" I'll ban them for a week and do horrible things to their avatar and siggy.  bunny

This is still not perfect BTW. Will tweak it a bit more later today. It's ok though and should work.

Also, have only done the quick reply ones so far, but that's what people usually use anyway.   parrot

Reply #117 - February 15, 2013, 01:39 AM

If anyone asks "ZOMFG OS WHERE ARE TEH SMILEYS ON MOBILE?!?!?!!?" I'll ban them for a week and do horrible things to their avatar and siggy.  bunny

I'm so tempted to say that. lipsrsealed
     Reply #118 - February 15, 2013, 01:45 AM

Cheesy I knew you would be.

Anyway forgot one thing. Theme is now sorted so that if you log in on a phone it will put you straight into mobile mode, even if you have one of the other layouts selected in your profile. Even better, it will do this without changing the profile setting.

IOW, you should be able to switch between phone and desktop/tablet without any worries. It should adapt automatically. Afro

I am now going to bugger off ot the beach, where I will toast one side of my arse until it's hot pink, and the other side of my arse until it's crimson. Upon my return I will post a picture of my arse, and see if Tabby can tell one side from the other. Tongue.

Reply #119 - February 16, 2013, 02:59 AM

Cheesy

• Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »