Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hijaabis.

(Read 112898 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #60 - February 03, 2013, 09:11 PM

^I'm a non-hijabi with a hijab on in my passport photo and I haven't encountered any particular difficulties whilst travelling. 

You might if you go clubbing though. I should know Cheesy

The wind in the hair thing is not overrated at all. It's like the difference between watching a video of a concert online and actually being there, in the front row, feeding off everyone's energy and completely losing yourself and going berserk.

Started from the bottom, now I'm here
    Started from the bottom, now my whole extended family's here

JOIN THE CHAT
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #61 - February 03, 2013, 09:15 PM

Basically: "I don't need other people to tell me what to wear. I will now proceed to tell other people what to wear. I'm not telling you what to wear, but I think you should wear what I tell you to wear."

Ok, thanks. I supect there should be a slight addition, along the lines of "After having internatlised what other people told me to wear....".

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #62 - February 03, 2013, 09:29 PM

You might if you go clubbing though. I should know Cheesy

LOL. I'd imagine that'd be very awkward. I'm not a party person so no clubbing for me. I hate crowds and noise and BO. Why would I use my passport to go to clubs anyway? 
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #63 - February 03, 2013, 09:48 PM

have you used them to get in?  Cheesy Cheesy fuck im way too embarrassed to even consider it

Yes, I'm shameless like that Cheesy It's awkward as fuck for like 20 seconds so I dun cur. I always get weird looks from the person checking my ID and I don't blame them I look really different. I prepare myself for a 5 minute interrogation every time, but it rarely ever happens. My passport is retarded as well, my date of birth is written in by hand and it's not laminated so that makes them more suspicious. I just laugh, put on an american accent and tell them I'm from a third world country and what do they expect from us Cheesy I've never been turned away. THANK DA LAWD FOR MY VAGINA.

Why would I use my passport to go to clubs anyway? 

I'm a FOB so I guess I have to XD

JOIN THE CHAT
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #64 - February 03, 2013, 09:59 PM

I'm a FOB so I guess I have to XD

Lol, k then.

like that  It's awkward as fuck for like 20 seconds so I dun cur. I always get weird looks from the person checking my ID and I don't blame them I look really different. I prepare myself for a 5 minute interrogation every time, but it rarely ever happens. My passport is retarded as well, my date of birth is written in by hand and it's not laminated so that makes them more suspicious. I just laugh, put on an american accent and tell them I'm from a third world country and what do they expect from us  I've never been turned away. THANK DA LAWD FOR MY VAGINA.

Cheesy
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #65 - February 03, 2013, 10:11 PM

Cheesy Cheesy shit, I would turn red if it was me, lol I would die during those 20 seconds Grin and it doesnt help that those bouncers most of the time are freaking hot  whistling2

it must be annoying to travel with a passport like that.

Yeah, it's embarrassing but the hilarity makes up for everything.

No actually 'cause I only ever travel to see my family and I have to wear the hijab then. I have to go abroad for one of my modules soon though, so we'll see what happens then Grin

JOIN THE CHAT
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #66 - February 04, 2013, 11:05 PM

From someone on my facebook:

Yeah the viel isn't sexist
    Its a means of protection for women

Look ever reliiggion has a veil/ hijab
    Go read their books and go back into their history its all their
    Women are told to cover themselves
    Well most reliigons don't now but if you go back into history they all do

it protects women from being objectified
    andnot all women hae to wear it... its a choice

A viel is to cover a womens privates parts and head .. So that she is seen and judged by knowledge and not by beauty .. Also from being seen as a sex objecy because the time the hijab was ordered women were seen as property its to protect them from that there's a good and excellent hijab is good burqa is excellent

for the most part... women who wear it by choice feel like its a symbol of freedom... look at france... where women stive for thier right to wear a hijab

Women aren't property in saudi arabia under their law women have all the rights

However in saudia arabia there are many states that woman can walk around however they please and in others theybhave a uniform of a burqa it all depends on the area

In saudi women aren't stoned for everything

• Hijaabis.
     Reply #67 - February 04, 2013, 11:13 PM

From someone on my facebook:
    Yeah the viel isn't sexist
    Its a means of protection for women

The contradiction is so complete that it eats itself. You could put that one on continuous loop like a fucking ouroboros.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #68 - February 07, 2013, 03:18 PM

Go read their books and go back into their history its all their

Everything is invalid, come into the 21st century.

A viel is to cover a womens privates parts and head .. So that she is seen and judged by knowledge and not by beauty .. Also from being seen as a sex objecy because the time the hijab was ordered women were seen as property its to protect them from that there's a good and excellent hijab is good burqa is excellent

What they meant to say is worth based on how devout she is. You can put a hijab on anything even a pig. Does not equate intelligence.

In saudi women aren't stoned for everything

Only some things.. ^_~

Reminds me of my "100 reasons I do not wear a hijab thread" I can give you more reasons why it's not important screw everyone >:[ . --> http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=16771.0

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #69 - February 07, 2013, 04:55 PM

Yeah, it's embarrassing but the hilarity makes up for everything.

Thankfully I'm all upgraded on those things, but I have been through that when I first left islam.

I actually never got embarrassed, found the whole thing dead funny watching the reactions on their faces.  It's like a party piece really.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #70 - March 03, 2013, 03:51 PM

YES. It bothers me alot especially when it's summer and the weather is even hotter when you're all covered and you sweat.  wacko
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #71 - March 04, 2013, 08:33 PM

Yeah and when it's hot outside? No option available.

• Hijaabis.
     Reply #72 - March 05, 2013, 03:10 AM

I'm a hijaabi and I absolutely hate it. My mom made me start wearing it when I was about 10 but it was on and (half) off till about year 11. Now I'm 20 and I still have to wear it even though I lost faith around 2 years ago.

I have to wear it because of where I am. I grew up here, my parents are here, I have Muslim friends here and I haven't got the courage to stop wearing the hijaab, and I would never be able to tell them I don't believe in Allah anymore. I feel like the hijaab hides the "real me". I want to be myself and I want to find people who like me for who I really am.

The hijaab also is quite impractical and it stops me from doing things I want. It might seem little and weird but it irritates me so much. For example, they gym. I wanted to join but there are mainly mixed ones in my area and if I join them, other Muslims will say "but there are men there". It's the same with running. I don't want to go for a run with a hijaab on and I can't run in my (nosey) area without it. But I did join the gym after putting it off for almost a year. Other impracticalities are my outfits. I can't wear nice collars, or necklaces or earrings as the hijaab hides it! It even looks weird to wear a scarf around my neck during the winter because of my hijaab.

I'm still contemplating of leaving the country so I can finally be free but I have two main problems.
    1. I can't leave my family. I did try running away once because they were trying to force me to marry. I had the (shared) house sorted with sixth months rent paid in advance (I was 18 and couldn't provide a guarantor). But on the first night my family begged me to come back and said they would change things. My friend was with me and reminded me about the Ex-Muslim aspect but I disregarded her and in a moment of stupidity I came back home. I was then forced to apologise to them and was told I couldn't see my friends anymore. Things are not as bad anymore. They are not talking about marriage (until I graduate) and they know I see my friends. We get along most of the time and I know I would miss them and they would miss me if I left (but they would probably hate having to explain to everyone that I've run away the most). I would miss my niece and nephew and sometimes I think I'll sacrifice my freedom for them, but I know I don't want to live like this.
    2. I have no money. I will after I graduate and get a permanent job but as I mentioned before they will try to get me married by then.

Life as an Ex-Muslim is hard and especially since I have no one to turn to where I used to be able to turn to God. Now the future is in my hands and as liberating as that sounds, it's still quite a scary and overwhelming feeling.

free |frē| - Not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #73 - March 05, 2013, 03:42 AM

I'm happy I never had to deal with hijab.

Of course I got pressure from my parents several times over the course of my life - however I think it helps that my sisters also don't wear it.

I was close to wearing it at one point - bought a bunch of 'pretty' scarves from an Arab country in anticipation. Good thing I backed out of that stupid idea.
    I still have them - maybe I should sell them or something. Grin

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #74 - March 05, 2013, 04:54 AM

Hi sa397 Smiley Welcome to the forums parrot I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. I know that only you know your parents and how they'll react but I think you should consider losing the hijab. I was afraid of how my parents would react and kept the hijab on begrudgingly for the longest time, until I worked up the courage to tell them I didn't want to wear it; my dad freaked out at first, but he got over it and there was very little drama afterward. What I'm saying is, maybe you'll be surprised by how your parents react? 
    I can't wear nice collars, or necklaces or earrings as the hijaab hides it! It even looks weird to wear a scarf around my neck during the winter because of my hijaab.

Tell me about it! I hated that. Especially the earrings aspect; I LOVE earrings. I also just didn't like the way my face looked in a hijab. 
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #75 - March 05, 2013, 05:06 AM

In my home town where Muslim women are free to wear anything they like i.e  sexy clothing, party, clubwear, mini dresses, bikinis, trendy clothes, sexy outfits etc. Many Muslim women don't wear hijab (zorro).. grin12

Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). (al-Baqarah 2:18)
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #76 - March 05, 2013, 06:26 AM

Oh hey SAM, did you go to Jannah or something? I forgot Islamic heaven is called. XD that

• Hijaabis.
     Reply #77 - March 05, 2013, 06:37 AM

Oh hey SAM, did you go to Jannah or something? I forgot Islamic heaven is called. XD that

Jannah (Paradise) during my honeymoon... grin12

Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). (al-Baqarah 2:18)
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #78 - March 05, 2013, 07:18 PM

I'm an ex-muslim and I have to wear it every fucking days. If I don't, well I might be dead or thrown outside of the house. I don't want that, because it's already tensed at home. So I have no choice to wear it every day when I'm in College, when I go to some family friends' house etc. I've been wearing it since I was 12 years old and I'm turning 19 soon. I don't know when I'll take it off, but it would be of course after I escape away from my house.... :/

Story. Of. My. Life.

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
    (I no naka no kawazu taikai wo shirazu)
    A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #79 - March 05, 2013, 09:22 PM

Hi sa397 Smiley Welcome to the forums parrot I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. I know that only you know your parents and how they'll react but I think you should consider losing the hijab. I was afraid of how my parents would react and kept the hijab on begrudgingly for the longest time, until I worked up the courage to tell them I didn't want to wear it; my dad freaked out at first, but he got over it and there was very little drama afterward. What I'm saying is, maybe you'll be surprised by how your parents react?

Hi, thank you for replying.  thnkyu I would love it if I didn't have to wear it anymore and my parents accepted it but I know they never will. All hell would break loose and it would all be for nothing. They already think the "Shaytan" is getting to me because I act "English" and I apparently wear tarty clothes when they're just jeans. I'm not even allowed to wear leggings under a dress. Oh and I know my mom would never allow me to take my hijaab off because she even made me return a short coat because it wasn't covering my bum. Annoyed me so much!

free |frē| - Not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #80 - March 06, 2013, 03:34 AM

If women have to wear hijabs, men should have to wear this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/IMPROVED-3-RINGS-MALE-CHASTITY-DEVICE-BONDAGE-FETISH-WL-/321081563658?pt=UK_Collectables_WeirdStuff_RL&hash=item4ac1f3da0a&_uhb=1#ht_2363wt_1135
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #81 - March 06, 2013, 03:41 AM

Even back when I was a muslim I couldn't understand how any self respecting man could marry a woman in a niqab.

What they are essentially doing is saying

" I will marry this woman without even seeing what she looks like let alone talking to her and I'm happy letting mum decide if her looks and personality are a good fit for me"

Makes me wanna tell those hardcore muslim guys

" OK Turn in your man card now"

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #82 - March 06, 2013, 08:09 AM

^ I always wondered what happened in arranged marriages (the "we first met on our wedding day" types) if the couple hated each other's looks right away, or didn't get along. How exactly does that work? Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy but we're getting married! There's absolutely nothing guaranteeing that they'll fall in love or even be able to live harmoniously with each other.

The niaqabi thing reminds me of an old article I read:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249922/Ambassador-calls-divorce-veil-wearing-bride-reveals-beard-crossed-eyes.html
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #83 - March 06, 2013, 08:56 AM

Even back when I was a muslim I couldn't understand how any self respecting man could marry a woman in a niqab.

What they are essentially doing is saying

" I will marry this woman without even seeing what she looks like let alone talking to her and I'm happy letting mum decide if her looks and personality are a good fit for me"

Makes me wanna tell those hardcore muslim guys

" OK Turn in your man card now"

Also if you haven't talked at all, it becomes even more a contract for sex. It is creepy, it is almost like the parents become pimps. Either pimps for sex with daughters, or pimps for their success with sons.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #84 - March 06, 2013, 09:49 AM

I'm a hijaabi and I absolutely hate it.

Hi. Really good to have you here at the forum. Despite all the pressures you face, you have a positive attitude that will serve you well. You're amongst friends who understand what you're facing here  Smiley

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Hijaabis.
     Reply #85 - March 06, 2013, 10:30 AM

Thank you, I'm really glad I found this forum. Especially with this issue being so 'delicate' in the real world.

• Hijaabis.
     Reply #86 - March 06, 2013, 12:29 PM

Thank you, I'm really glad I found this forum. Especially with this issue being so 'delicate' in the real world.

It's amazing how crazy Muslims get in defence of this topic. They pull out the racist card and everything.

Do the men not understand it's basically calling them all savage rape beasts? Do the women not understand the obvious?
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #87 - March 06, 2013, 07:34 PM

Why can't you quote the last message someone has posted? Is it just me?

• Hijaabis.
     Reply #88 - March 06, 2013, 08:14 PM

^^^I think it's the new forum layout.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #89 - March 06, 2013, 08:17 PM

It's nothing new. It's generally assumed that you are replying to the last post if the context makes sense and you haven't quoted something else, so there's really no need to quote it. Some people use a caret (^) to specify they are replying to the last post.

If you really need to quote the last post, you can hit the "Reply" button and then you'll be able to quote it.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »