Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: "Asian" rape gangs

(Read 12222 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     OP - January 31, 2013, 10:58 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9808735/Asian-sex-gang-targeted-childrens-home-court-hears.html

Why is it that in England they call them ASIAN rape gangs? Is it the fear of being labelled Islamophobic? Asian is such a broad brush. I dont think there are any cases of Hindus or Sikhs doing this. Why not just say in the media that they are Muslim rape gangs so focus can be put on the community that has this problem. Narrow it down to sort it out. Why should the non-Muslim Asian community have this crime attached to them? If calling them "Muslim rape gangs" is considered too broad of a brush isn't "Asian rape gangs" a hell of a lot broader?

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    Strike me down and I'll just become another nail in your coffin
    -------------------
    There's such a thing as sheep in wolfs clothing... religious fanatics
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #1 - January 31, 2013, 11:18 AM

Asian Muslim rape gangs do for you?
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #2 - January 31, 2013, 11:30 AM

It's weird isn't it? Tbh, "Asian" rape gang sounds less PC than "Muslim" rape gang to me, not to mention that the latter is more accurate. Apparently "Islamaphobia" is worse than racism. 

They should be called "Muslim organised pedophile rings consisting of men with origins in the Indian subcontinent" yes Can't get any more accurate than that. 
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #3 - January 31, 2013, 11:35 AM

I just read the article. WTF. Does this sort of thing happen in the UK or is this a one-off? In Australia, we had a few Lebanese gang rapists, there's also a gang rape problem amongst young North African males in the banlieues of French cities. 

What is it with Muslim males and gang rape? 
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #4 - January 31, 2013, 12:05 PM

The same thing it is with every other group and gang rape. But people seem to care more when it's THEY who are abusing OUR women.
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #5 - January 31, 2013, 03:23 PM

Not really, or at least not in the cases that happened over here. Those were particularly nasty, and motivated by an overt racism. I'm pretty sure most people in Australia would have been equally disgusted if the perpetrators had been white and had been targeting Lebanese women.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #6 - January 31, 2013, 04:13 PM

I think Asians should be offended by the title of this article, none of the men in the sketch look Asian to me, and the defendants names do not appear to be Asian either.
    WTF?

Women are the only exploited group in history to have been idealized into powerlessness.
    ―Erica Jong
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #7 - January 31, 2013, 04:22 PM

In the States "Asian" inveriably refers to Far East Asian people (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.) In GB, they generaly use it for Indo-Pakistani/Desi Asians. I guess they are all Asian, so it's all correct, but it did confuse me at first. 
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #8 - January 31, 2013, 04:26 PM

Same over here (Asian = far east). Poms are bonkers.

• "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #9 - January 31, 2013, 05:13 PM

In the States "Asian" inveriably refers to Far East Asian people (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.) In GB, they generaly use it for Indo-Pakistani/Desi Asians. I guess they are all Asian, so it's all correct, but it did confuse me at first. 

Ahh, I see.
    Asians to me are the far east people, but I get what they are referring to now.
     thnkyu

Women are the only exploited group in history to have been idealized into powerlessness.
    ―Erica Jong
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #10 - January 31, 2013, 07:10 PM

I think Asians should be offended by the title of this article, none of the men in the sketch look Asian to me, and the defendants names do not appear to be Asian either.
    WTF?

Cheesy This reminds me of me the first time I heard Brits referring to people from the subcontinent as "Asians", I was like WTF. They're not Asian, they're Indian! I was just looked at funny. In Australia, Asian = East Asian (Japanese, Chinese, etc), I'm guessing it's the same in your country hence the confusion. 
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #11 - January 31, 2013, 10:22 PM

"Asian" is broad (and like others mentioned, to me Asian is Chinese etc.) but at the same time, so they have Muslim names, come from Islamic nations...it's not like they walk around with their Qurans singing verses and praying. Don't attack me, I'm not defending them, but why is there this knee jerk reaction to pin them to Muslims as if it's an Islamic Muslim thing? Maybe because I've read enough about European sex trafficking (sp?) that I feel disgusted by the act and the men (and women - yep I seen women sell young girls too) rather than pin it to an entire group. The title from the article is stupid and so are the other titles that are being proposed.

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #12 - January 31, 2013, 10:50 PM

"Asian" is broad (and like others mentioned, to me Asian is Chinese etc.) but at the same time, so they have Muslim names, come from Islamic nations...it's not like they walk around with their Qurans singing verses and praying. Don't attack me, I'm not defending them, but why is there this knee jerk reaction to pin them to Muslims as if it's an Islamic Muslim thing? Maybe because I've read enough about European sex trafficking (sp?) that I feel disgusted by the act and the men (and women - yep I seen women sell young girls too) rather than pin it to an entire group. The title from the article is stupid and so are the other titles that are being proposed.

+1

Rape and misogyny, are unfortunately global epidemics.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #13 - January 31, 2013, 11:39 PM

I think the point is that the UK media have taken to using "Asian" as a euphenism for "Muslim". Somehow, classifying people who do bad things as Muslim is not politically acceptable in the UK, but classifying them as Asian is. It doesn't make a bloody bit of sense, but there you go.

• "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #14 - February 01, 2013, 08:13 AM

Cheesy This reminds me of me the first time I heard Brits referring to people from the subcontinent as "Asians", I was like WTF. They're not Asian, they're Indian! I was just looked at funny. In Australia, Asian = East Asian (Japanese, Chinese, etc), I'm guessing it's the same in your country hence the confusion. 

Same here.

―Erica Jong
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #15 - February 01, 2013, 03:35 PM

Over here in Canada (or at least southern Ontario), Asian is usually used to refer to the Oriental peoples. If people wanted to refer to Muslims by ethnicity, they would probably say brown if they were young or east indian if they were old.

That being said, I don't know why the ethnicity or even religion matters in this case. A rape gang by any other name would smell as sweet. wacko
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #16 - February 01, 2013, 03:40 PM

That being said, I don't know why the ethnicity or even religion matters in this case. A rape gang by any other name would smell as sweet. wacko

Afro
    I don't care what color skin they are, but they should be castrated.

―Erica Jong
  • Re: "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #17 - February 01, 2013, 05:13 PM

In France, it's the same as in the US. I guess it's a Brit thing, because they got many Desi immigrants. Even though technically, even Persians are Asians, I've never seen an Iranian being refereed to as Asian.
    I think the point is that the UK media have taken to using "Asian" as a euphenism for "Muslim". Somehow, classifying people who do bad things as Muslim is not politically acceptable in the UK, but classifying them as Asian is. It doesn't make a bloody bit of sense, but there you go.

Mad PC is mad.
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #18 - February 01, 2013, 06:16 PM

I don't know where you guys are getting the idea that Asian is a euphemism for muslim.  The British have long referred to anyone from the Indian sub continent as Asian regardless of their religion.  I've never seen a muslim from any other part of the world referred to as Asian.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #19 - February 01, 2013, 10:26 PM

All the men are muslim so just call them muslim rape gangs.

If the muslim organizations have a problem with this they should recognize that it means that they need to spend more time in the mosques teaching young boys from the start to respect women instead of getting them to waste years of their life memorizing an ancient book.

If the muslim community wants to improve their image than they seriously need to get their priorities straight.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #20 - February 28, 2013, 06:41 PM

I kind of feel conflicted about this as it seems that there is a disproportionate amount of attention focussed on these 'Asian' gangs. As far as I'm aware, the majority in these gangs have been Muslim, but not exclusively so. In any case, the thing that worries me is that the brutal & mysogynistic abuse of vulnerable children is being sidelined in the focus on the ethnicity/religion of the gangs that are organising this sexual abuse & slavery.

The reason I feel conflicted is that having grown up in one. I believe that certain communities perpetuate norms which, while they don't excuse the behaviour, certainly create or at least contribute to the conditions that make this behaviour desirable to those men, BUT, this isn't just about those communities, or those gangs, this is about the abuse of children (on the whole, girls, but boys too). It happens as part of certain post-code gangs' initiations, it happens with English people, rape happens ALOT to a lot of people, yet the discussions always seem to digress in directions which seem to distract from this.

There are so many stories (Jimmy Saville, footballers, care homes etc etc) and yet, the discussion never seems to be about rape culture, or how our society might address it, any looking at how we as a society are, it seems that so much of the narrative seems to be missing the point.

Anyway, that's my 2ps worth.
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #21 - February 28, 2013, 08:21 PM

You cannot decouple the result from the cause though. If a higher proportion of rape gangs come from Asian Muslim ethnicity than makes up the proportion of that ethnicity in the whole country, the rape is likely caused by their mindset and the ideologies that have shaped that. The Jimmy Saville thing too I think partially religiously related, he was a Catholic, there is deep conditioning against females in that ideology and also without children's protection as a priority.
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #22 - March 01, 2013, 05:56 AM

Pretty much this, I think its highly unfair to brand this gang as "Muslim rape gang" just because they have muslim names, its like calling some gangs "Jewish rape gang" just because they have jewish names. Rape and sex trafficking are a global crime committed by humans in general irrespective of their beliefs,race and ethnic group Let's not make a hasty generalization.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #23 - March 01, 2013, 08:16 AM

An aspect that makes me angry is that many of those involved in such rapes consciously target girls from outside their own religion/community because they regard them as being sluts anyway so it's not so bad.

I remember one news channel showed a reporter going up to some random young Pakistani in Blackburn and asking what he thought about a particular gang raping this underage girl and his response what something like: "Well I wouldn't let my daughter out on her own like that - what do you expect!?"
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #24 - March 01, 2013, 08:20 AM

many of those involved in such rapes consciously target girls from outside their own religion/community because they regard them as being sluts anyway

There's the rub.

Unfortunate choice of phrase, I know.

• "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #25 - March 01, 2013, 02:28 PM

If they're deliberately choosing their victims on the basis of religion, then it's fair enough to mention religion.

• "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #26 - March 01, 2013, 02:36 PM

Exactly, religion creates a tribe, and those out of the tribe are lesser and not worthy of as much respect. That and a whole culture that does not talk about sex and relationships much.
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #27 - March 01, 2013, 02:51 PM

An analogy would be a White Power gang. All the members will be white, and if they feel like victimising someone they'll choose someone who isn't white (usually).

In spite of this, nobody goes around saying that you can't call them white supremacist gangs, or pointing out that not all white people are in such gangs. They get called what they are.

If a bunch of Muslims are choosing rape victims on the basis that the victims aren't Muslims, then....................................

• "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #28 - March 02, 2013, 02:44 AM

Still not a "Muslim gang". Maybe a "Muslim Supremacist gang" though.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • "Asian" rape gangs
     Reply #29 - March 02, 2013, 04:14 AM

Ok, say you get a can opener and open a can. You look inside, and to your astonishment the can is entirely filled with baked beans. Would it then be fair to say "Hey, this is a can of baked beans"?

Note that saying this does not preclude an awareness that not all of the baked beans in the world are residing in said can. Given a reasonable knowledge of baked beans, one would conclude that not only were the vast majority of the world's baked beans not currently in said can, but that they had never had any participation in said can, and in fact would not approve of the contents of said can if asked.*

Nevertheless, it's still a can of baked beans. Afro

*I am reasonably certain that asking baked beans if they approve of something is unlikely to elicit an affirmative response.

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »