Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: I have some questions for you guys

(Read 3875 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • I have some questions for you guys
     OP - January 29, 2013, 04:50 AM

hey guys. Please answer these questions. You can answer as many as you want. Don't need to answer them all.
    1. How did you come to the realization that Islam is not the true religion? I still have some faith left.
    2. What belief system are you now and why? Like do you believe in God. Whats your opinion of an after life.
    3. How is your life different after leaving Islam? You just want to eat pork and drink alcohol now don't you Wink.
    4. Exactly who are you? How do you define yourself
    5. What do you want to achieve in life?
    Those are enough questions for today
     Reply #1 - January 29, 2013, 05:30 AM

1. How did you come to the realization that Islam is not the true religion? I still have some faith left.
    A) The more I read the more ridiculous and unbelievable it became. I got sick and tired making up excuses for Allah and his Messenger and trying to justify their atrocious actions and teachings to myself and others. I was willing to lose everything in order to be true to myself and my faith then easily shattered.

2. What belief system are you now and why? Like do you believe in God. Whats your opinion of an after life.
    A) I have no religious belief system. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", thats basically what I believe and thats all you need (and you dont need religion to believe this). I dont believe in an afterlife and Im totally at peace with that. Dont believe in God. There may be a higher power but I find it ridiculous that it would be anything like the God of the Quran or the Bible. The possibility of a higher power has no effect on my life... I just dont care.

3. How is your life different after leaving Islam? You just want to eat pork and drink alcohol now don't you .
    A) Pork and alcohol are no big deal. To put so much emphasis on them is childish. Sure I will enjoy alcohol from time to time or have a bacon sandwich or a sausage roll but it would be stupid for my life to revolve around something so insignificant. My life is better now after leaving Islam. I feel like I have rid myself of an illness that had infected my mind. I have clarity of thought which isnt fogged up by religion. Feel a hell of a lot better and more honest with myself. My morality belongs to me and is not subdued or twisted by religion.

A) I define myself as a humanist. Im a human being. Im a friend, a father, a son and a brother. Thats good enough for me and I dont need any additional labels.

A) To fulfill my potential and leave a positive impact on this earth and in the lives of others.

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    Strike me down and I'll just become another nail in your coffin
    -------------------
    There's such a thing as sheep in wolfs clothing... religious fanatics
     Reply #2 - January 29, 2013, 10:32 AM

1. How did you come to the realization that Islam is not the true religion? 

It was a process that took about a year from when the first doubts and reservations about Islam crept in thanks to genuine pious curiosity about Islam which led to reading Quran/Hadith and finding a lot of…unpleasantries.  

I'd read Infidel, explored plenty of other atheist material (videos, articles, etc) which made perfect sense to me; I also read plenty of Islamic material which I found absurd and cruel, and the apologetics I'd read was unsatisfactory and didn't answer the questions. Despite all this, I was too afraid to let go of Islam and ignored everything I knew.

One night I was reading a "book" (I think) on the net by an ex-Muslim and I came across the creation myths of various religions and some absurd ahadith, which I'd read before, but for some reason the absurdity of Islam just screamed at me this time; it was like everything I'd learnt about Islam, about atheism, about the universe, etc just flashed before my eyes and I realised "it's all bullshit!" and I lost my faith right there and then.  I tried to "find" it again for several weeks after my "aha" moment but finally fully let go.  

I'm an (sometimes agnostic) atheist. I don't believe in god nor do I have a "belief system". I just believe in having basic human morality (don't kill, don't steal, be helpful, kind, etc) and the Golden Rule. I believe there might be a force of sorts out there that keeps things going (that may just be my ignorance talking) but I don't believe there's any omniscient, omnipotent sky-fairy that gives a damn about how we live our lives and communicated with us ions ago via some desert scriblings. 

I don't think there's an afterlife; I believe this is it and we just cease to exist once we die, but there's really no way of knowing for certain what's beyond death. What I'm sure about is that Islam is not from any perfect, all-knowing creator of the universe and neither is any religion and seeing as religions and ignorance are where the whole notion of an afterlife comes from I disregard it. 

3. How is your life different after leaving Islam? You just want to eat pork and drink alcohol now don't you .

More depressing to be honest. This awful loneliness that can be crippling at times ("these people I love and care about and who love and care about me could potentially abandon me or be heartbroken if they knew who I really was"), coupled with guilt about faking being a Muslim. No guilt about prayers or missed days of Ramadan anymore though, that's nice. 

No alcohol or pork for me (I've never tried either). Had some haram turkey on the flight here, some haram KFC once, oh and I eat gelatine-containing lollies on a regular basis; I also ditched the hijab but that's about as hedonistic as I get. It's more of a mental/intellectual freedom for me. I can think freely now! That's priceless and what really counts for me. 

4. Exactly who are you? How do you define yourself. 

I'm not sure how to answer this. I'm a human being before anything else; a humanist, and of course a woman. I'm my parents' daughter and my siblings' sister but I don't really hold onto any other labels. 

Happiness. Love is always nice to have, ooh and to see as much of the world as possible.
     Reply #3 - January 29, 2013, 09:24 PM

How did you come to the realization that Islam is not the true religion?
    Reading Hadith literature, tafsirs, Islamic History and different schools of thought. The quran lacking details and sufficient information. Lack of any actual evidence of any of the events/miracles described in Hadiths or the Quran.

The only thing that kept me attached was the vagueness of the Quran and my ability to rationalize the text even though it was vastly different to established interpretations. I was able to dismiss philosophical contradictions like perfect mercy, justice, hell, as being of higher logic i.e GOD Logic, A logic that Humans could not grasp. Eventually realised that because I couldn't grasp it or even understand it, how did I know if it even existed. What broke my faith was an All powerful, all knowing entity needing faith in the first place. Also my understanding of religious faith grew then I realised how gullible I was bieng.

What belief system are you now and why?
    I do not believe in any religious/supernatural world veiw at all and believe that religions have not met their burden of proof, but I am open to the possibility of a God. Whether God is probable depends on the evidence and reason. What I am not open to is a religions/groups claiming truths about a God or reality based on religious faith.

Regarding an afterlife, I will find out when I die. An eternal bliss does sound nice but whatever happens will happen.

How is your life different after leaving Islam?
    I'm alot more relaxed, less worrying, more appreaciative for what I have. Though I do feel guilt with regards to family not knowing but that will go away once I tell them. Aware of the shit storm, isolation and emotional blackmail that will occur and well placed to deal with it. Mentally, I'm more free than I have ever been.

Never drank alcohol or had pork, not really in a rush to either, I do have those lovely gelatin sweets without guilt. Probably will eventually have a taste to see the hype. The effect of alcohol on those close to me really put me off the drunk culture. Life was never based around these restrictions, so not really too fussed.

Exactly who are you?
    I would most likely be described as a secular humanist. I would also describe myself as a free thinking sceptic.
    To the religious sheep, I am a Godless heathen apostate infidel blasphemer.

What do you want to achieve in life?
    To reach my potentail and contribute positively to society, To love, To feel true happiness and peace, To try and help those who need it. To aspire to find my own meaning to life.
     Reply #4 - January 29, 2013, 10:23 PM

I’ll take a stab at these. I’m not sure any of my answers will be very different from the responses you’ve already got.

1.   How did you come to the realization that Islam is not the true religion? I still have some faith left.

It is difficult for me to pinpoint exactly when I had that “Aha!” moment. It was a very gradual process.  There is an important place in Islam for fighting off your own doubts, so I considered it to be a part of my internal struggle against myself and Shaitan.

It is somewhat analogous to bungee jumping or sky diving, if you will entertain the comparison for a moment. As you are ascending the bridge and preparing to jump, you must have all of these doubts in your mind. Jumping from several thousand feet in the air and expecting to live is, on the face of it, counterintuitive.  You are naturally fearful of jumping, but you are able to overcome your fears and rationalize your decision to jump by your “faith” in the bungee cord. Islam was that bungee cord. If I could just follow it correctly, it would save me in spite of my own reservations.  

There were many things that tore away at my trust in my spiritual cord. Studying all of the battles that Muhammad fought and how they were offensive and not defensive really changed my view of him. His marriage to Aisha was always disturbing, but in some ways I found his “marriage” to Safiyyah even more disturbing. The qur’anic accounts of the formation of the universe were invariably absurd and I struggled to reconcile them with modern science.

I was always troubled by the compelling evidence for evolution by natural selection, but I tried to rationalize it by saying that Allah must have created all hominid species deliberately and independently, leading up to the creation of Adam. My curiosity eventually got the best of me, and after a lot of research, I simply could not deny that I believed that humans evolved.  

The final blow, however, was thinking of all the people that would have to be tortured eternally for not choosing the correct religion. I maintained the possibility that Islam COULD be true for a while, but when you make the stakes of actually believing that it IS true the types of eternal sadistic torture that Muammar Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein masturbated to at night, I simply could no longer believe that the God of the universe could be that evil, especially not if he calls himself “The Most Merciful.”

I kind of wax and wane between passive agnostic and militant atheist. I have no faith in the type of god that you understand from the Qur’an or the Bible. He simply does not exist, and I am happy that that’s the case. I remain open to the possibility of some sort of “creative force, but I believe that given our limitations as human, no one can have any idea what that may be. For all we know, the entire universe could be some 5th grade science project for alien kids that are infinitely greater than us. Perhaps they make universes the same way that we make volcanoes, and we’re all just floating in some beaker in an alien science lab. Who knows? How could we ever know? If such a thing is ever discovered, it will certainly be science and not religion that makes the discovery.

3. How is your life different after leaving Islam? You just want to eat pork and drink alcohol now don't you  .

Leaving Islam just to eat pork and drink alcohol is more absurd than buying an international plane ticket to the Congo just so you can eat the in-flight peanuts.

Life after Islam, for me personally, is great. I don't mean that everything that happens to me is good, I just mean that I value life so much more. In Islam, all of your focus was really ultimately on doing exactly what Allah says and waiting to die. That's it. Islam teaches that life is not important. Now, I am free to be myself, to think my own thoughts, to do my own deeds, and to create my own path. I can read about different topics, different philosophies, different views on life, and make decisions based on what makes the most sense to me, rather than what some book tells me to think. I don't have this constant fear of not being good enough, or not living up to impossible standards. I can be more accepting of other people--and that's a big one--because in the end, we are all humans and we all are in this world together. I don't hate people who are not like me, just for the sake of hating them. Not gays, not jews, not atheists, not believers…with the exception of Nicki Minaj and Televangelists, I pretty much do not hate people.

I no longer have to stop being curious about things, or stop accepting scientific evidence because it conflicts with Islam. I feel like I can just accept truth, no matter where it comes from, and base my morals, ethics, and views on my own conclusions. I feel that I can really just be myself, and be at peace with myself, instead of trying to force myself into all the arbitrary things Islam demands

Strange question, but I define myself as me. I am the only one like me, and the only me that there will ever be. I like myself. I no longer aspire to be a carbon copy of the prophet.

Ya know, the Basics: Food, love, shelter, sex…all that good stuff is still good. On a deeper level, I want to die knowing that I had some type of positive impact on the world. No matter how small it may be, I want to be able to know that at least on a small scale, my life was not completely meaningless.
     Reply #5 - January 29, 2013, 10:40 PM

Haven't answered one of these in a really long time, so why the hell not.

It was a nebulous process, but one really clear moment I had was when someone asked me, "If God created the universe, who created God?" I had heard the question before, but at that moment in my life, it really clicked and shook me to my core.

I'm a pantheist. I don't believe in God in the traditional sense of the term. I believe in God as the totality of the universe and natural laws. I believe in love and the human connection. I believe that our existence as mortal, limited beings unites us and makes us one. That is the ultimate Truth.

3. How is your life different after leaving Islam? You just want to eat pork and drink alcohol now don't you Wink.

It hasn't really changed. I was a nominal, liberal Muslim, for the most part. I interpreted the religion to suit my worldview.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

But seriously, I have no idea.

I'm an artist. I have a perpetual urge to express myself and connect with others and leave my mark on the universe no matter how minute and ultimately irrelevant.
     Reply #6 - January 30, 2013, 01:13 AM

but in some ways I found his “marriage” to Safiyyah even more disturbing

And Rayhana

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #7 - January 30, 2013, 02:59 AM

Years of doubt, research, then finally realisation. The injustices against my gender was probably one of the main factors leading me to do more investigation, but certainly not the only one. I've always been curious - since a kid at age 11. I took Islam and God extremely seriously. I loved God, and thought he was all Good.

2. What belief system are you now and why? Like do you believe in God? Whats your opinion of an after life?
    None. I don't believe there is a God. Hell and Heaven are silly concepts, as well as poor ones. We only know this life exists for sure.

3. How is your life different after leaving Islam? You just want to eat pork and drink alcohol now don't you?
    Not that different. I've always done what I think is right and okay. The only thing that occasionally stopped me from doing certain things was family getting in my way. I'm a vegetarian, and I rarely drink, so no, I don't care about those "worldly pleasures." What I love about this ex-Muslim community is we have such a variety of attitudes and personalities. I've never been, nor considered myself a "party" person. I had no interest or desire to start drinking alcohol, until the age of 23, and that was when I still considered myself Muslim - but I brushed away the guilt and didn't care temporarily. That was my "apathetic" towards religion stage. I chose not to think about whether or not I believed Islam was true, because it caused too much pain (cognitive dissonance) in my head for me to be able to face at the time.

4. Exactly who are you? How do you define yourself?
    I'm a human female. I'm a skeptic, a free thinker, a free spirit, a fighter for human rights, a lover of knowledge, a lover, a music enthusiast, a loyal friend, a writer, an artist, and many more.

Everything. I want to be able to get to a point where I can write about what I'm passionate on in the media, expose assholes and make their lives miserable.

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in.
     Reply #8 - January 30, 2013, 03:29 AM

what is the Safiyyah and Rayana story?
     Reply #9 - January 30, 2013, 03:38 AM

1.   How did you come to the realization that Islam is not the true religion? I still have some faith left.

It was a slow gradual progression.  Little things not adding up.  Learning disturbing details of the Seerah of Muhammed, namely the slaughter of the men of Bani Qurayza, etc, the more I learned the more was exposed and the more I doubted.  The defining point came when I was at a halaqa with my daughter and a woman brought up the reasons she thinks that "more women are in hell than men" and went on to throw out her stereotypes of PMSy women.  I just looked over at my daughter and thought "i will never expose her to this garbage again in my life".  after that day, internally I was no longer muslim, the external part took a lot longer to get to.

2. What belief system are you now and why? Like do you believe in God? Whats your opinion of an after life?

Right now I am very happy to NOT be attached to a concept of God or the afterlife.  not sure if I really care to answer that question again in my life.

3. How is your life different after leaving Islam? You just want to eat pork and drink alcohol now don't you?

My life feels very open and natural now, as compared to the restriction I felt before (with interactions with people, with constantly running everything in life through my "muslim" lens.)  life is so much more beautiful and tasty now....even the colors seem brighter.  

4. Exactly who are you? How do you define yourself?

NO DEFINITIONS OR LABELS HERE!  I am interested in Buddhist philosophy, teachings and meditation.  would I call myself a Buddhist?  nah....

1) to become a better martial artist 2) the develop my own business with my artwork 3) to write a book 4) to see the world, travel 5) to help raise healthy, sound minded children who give back to humanity.

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
     Reply #10 - January 30, 2013, 08:20 AM

Studying history at uni. I don't know shit about science, but now the science just confirms it for me. History is the most important thing in the world because it allows you to know the patterns from the past, personalities, power hierarchies and what happens to them, and suddenly when you see the world in that perspective, you stop feeling so special. You're just the present and soon, people will study you the same way we study them.

I don't believe in the god I grew up believing, that's for sure. He's too stupid and too MIA to be real, and he's so reactionary and child like. I don't know what could be out there, but fuck it, we are here now, let's try to make it good for ourselves and our communities. I live in a family that spends so much time talking about Karbala and the afterlife that before I turned atheist, I had no direction in my life beside dreaming about heaven. It affected my school and I turned into the worst kind of nihilist if there ever was one. I don't know about the afterlife, but I've wasted all my life worrying about it, so no more..

Life isn't really all that different in terms of day to day. But now, instead of thinking about sins and good deeds all day, trying to please my elders and so on, I have big dreams for the future. I want to be something rather than just passing by life. I've been an observer for too long and now I'm dying to break out of this shell and move away and work my arse off, find love and just live.

No idea, I'm just me Tongue I am a high school teacher (soon to be, officially after graduation) that loves her work so much. I see myself as a strict work motivated teacher, always looking in big fat books for ways to improve my lessons and scribbling ideas in my notebooks which I carry everywhere.

Balance, happiness, a family, a long lasting successful career...

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

Reply #11 - January 30, 2013, 08:34 AM

It all started one summer where I picked up a book about various mythologies and was a bit dismayed at the large number of stories about global floods and virgin birth. Sounded fishy to me. After a long while of denial I started really thinking about the Quran while trying to add to the equation the possibility that it might not be the word of God. Tadaa. Islam shattered.

I don't think there is a God. I think that you die and that's that. If it turns out that life doesn't end at death, I highly doubt I'll face Allah and burn in hell for eternity because that just sounds silly.

It's not that different as I still live with my family, in a muslim-dominated society. I eat pork and drink alcohol when I travel to non-muslim countries, because why the fuck not. It's not something I actively seek, though.

I am me.

Get the hell out of here, live without the pressure and stress of pretense, and then help others who might go through something similar, or worse.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #12 - January 30, 2013, 03:07 PM

What is this obsession with pork and alcohol?! It's just food and drink that you're just going to shit out in a few hours anyways.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #13 - January 30, 2013, 04:58 PM

Alcohol is basically found in everything that contains sugar and saccharomyces fungi.
    And since those fungi are more or less omnipresent, it's basically found in everything containing sugar.

So I think that getting over the phobia for alcohol is important if you want to be a rational person ^_^

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #14 - January 30, 2013, 06:08 PM

Have moved HM's post about Saffiyah here, I thought it was worthy of being a thread of its own

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=23145.0

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #15 - February 03, 2013, 01:29 AM

Those are enough questions for today

Hello,

How did you come to the realization that Islam is not the true religion?       
    I think its a series of many things that leads most of us to the conclusion that religion is crutch of dust and nothing more than fairy tales. My doubts were raised when i was told you should never question Allah and most of my questions met stern disapproval from parent, relatives and friends. Curiosity is the backbone of human evolution and society, how absurd and evil to stifle one of our most basic human instincts. That is the case with most religions and not just islam.
    The other thing that put me off was the character of God, in the scriptures he sounds like a self-obsessed, delusional maniac on a massive ego trip. All he cares about is his narcissistic image at the expense of humans suffering. The story of Abraham and his son made me think of Allah/God a colossal prick who wanted to put Abraham through all that anguish just to see if he loved him enough to slaughter his own son like a sacrificial animal.
    I do not believe in any sort of deity who is responsible for our lives, death and so on and so forth. Actually if one day science proves that there is a supernatural being called Allah/God(which is never going to happen btw), i would still not want to bow down to him and tell him to stick his head up his holy arse.
    My realization has been a collaboration of curiosity and my curiosity was satisfied by reading history of religion all the way back to the Greeks, science, reading works by authors like Socrates, Voltair, Bertrand Russell, Richard Dawkins and their likes. One must also have the humility to acknowledge the fact that one has been wrong for all those years and there is no shame in changing ones view point on religion which one once held sacred but through study and keep an open mind boiled it down to nothing but fairy tales.

What belief system are you now and why? Like do you believe in God. Whats your opinion of an after life?
    As far as religion is concerned i have no belief and it is unshakeable, i do not believe there is Allah, God, Krishna, Jupiter, Zeus or whatever name you might call it by.
    We must remember who we are, a cluster of atoms bunched by together in a specific manner who obey the same natural laws as any other thing. We are made of 'Star Stuff' as Carl Sagan put it. The stars out there in the distant galaxies are made up of the same fundamental elements as we are and like the stars and planets, when they die we will turn into energy as they do. There is no heaven with flowing honey rivers and all that bullshit awaiting us after death. We will become worm food or our ashes will be scattered to become part of the world around us, that's what i think of after life. And i'm very content with these views because in one way or another i will always be present in one form or another roaming around in the universe.

How is your life different after leaving Islam? You just want to eat pork and drink alcohol now don't you?

Everything has it pro's and con's. I feel at ease with my views although it has made me loose my family, friends and put me at risk. But that being said i have a companion who i adore with every last atom of my being and that puts everything right for me.

That is such a silly assumption saying one fills up on pork and alcohol or whatever their religion forbid them before. I used to drink quite a bit being a muslim, i still had faith back then. Now that i don't believe in god and all that trash i drink less and im not big on pork not because of any religious reason. I find drunk people rowdy and it is such a sorry state seeing someone puking their guts out on  saturday night. I do drink but not every effing weekend. A bottle of wine, or a few cider or ales with a few friends and a dinner are always a treat. Anything over consumed leads to ill effects.

Exactly who are you? How do you define yourself?
    I don't think you can tick boxes to come up with a definite answer to as who is he/she in terms of personality.

What do you want to achieve in life?
    I want to see the Northern Lights with my bonafide rarity.
     Reply #16 - February 04, 2013, 10:41 AM

It wasn't when I discovered the scientific errors in the Quran that just ALWAYS kept being meddled with by Islamic Scholars who blamed it on poor interpretation. It wasn't even when I found out about Aisha and how Mo took away her virginity at 9.

It was when I came to a realization that I had been lying to myself for so long when I clearly knew that a religion that was supposed to be religion for all of mankind until the end of days could not hold up in contemporary society. There is too much extremism and even in it's most practical form, it's hypocritical to the others who follow the "true" Islam. It was simply ridiculous brainwashing. Brainwashing those women to believe they are nothing more than mothers, daughters and wives. Brainwashing men to believe their sexual urges and actions are only the fault of women revealing themselves and that they have complete authority over their female counterparts. It's disgusting and comparable to life in North Korea.

I didn't want to be held back by the chains that my mind made exist, I wanted to be free to think and to act. I wanted to live this life for what it was and to experience all of it and not be held back by the bars religion forcibly instills into your mind.

I wish there was an after life but I realize that's ridiculous. There is no after life and it's simply what it was like before you were born. Insignificance and absolutely nothing.

I have no belief system yet I still insist in being called an agnostic.

It's very different. I don't feel guilty after a lot of things I do anymore. I don't feel guilty for not praying, I don't feel guilty for missing Friday prayers and I certainly don't feel guilty for having sexual thoughts. It's true, I do drink but I haven't eaten pork as yet and would like to try. It's one of the physical benefits of becoming an ex-muslim but most of all it's the freedom of thought against any sort of religious dogma that has changed my life.

I don't know. I don't understand myself very well and the only way I would be able to tell you who I am is in terms of describing how I act in society. All I know is,  in the past I used to use religion to describe who I was (good muslim, liberal muslim etc) and now I don't. So I'm certainly interested in finding out who I am free of religious dogma and constraints.

I just want to live it. I want to have fun everyday and I want to earn my pay. I'd rather not have short term goals but I certainly do know that one day I want to sit back on a recliner facing the waves, smoking a cigar, smiling and telling myself it's been one heck of a ride.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »