Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Muslim Patrol harrasing white people in London

(Read 24268 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Muslim Patrol harrasing white people in London
     Reply #60 - January 20, 2013, 02:10 PM

I can only think of KSA and Iran as these two are all-out Islamic theocracies but shari'ah law doesn't reign supreme (save for family law) in any other Muslim countries AFAIK. It's a good point actually, why don't they go to the UAE (or any of the other 57 predominantly Muslim countries) and implement shari'ah? 
     Reply #61 - January 20, 2013, 11:59 PM

Sharia is cool... Until it's actually applied to you. Then you're like OH FUCK NO.. western laws please save me ;__;
    I have western in italics, because human rights isn't a Western invention it's fucking common sense.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #62 - January 21, 2013, 12:34 AM

The video is blocked but i Found this video which is about the same thing. None of those people should listen to these theocratic dimwits. Anytime any of them start harrasing them just call up the police and have them arrested. These people should behave or get sent to jail.

If they approached me I would pull out my cell phone and be like " I'm gonna drink my beer and you can either leave or i'll have the cops take you to prison. Your choice. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gA03rXifM

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #63 - January 21, 2013, 12:54 PM

Another video of them has appeared, this time following a man and calling him a fag

http://secular-europe-campaign.org/2013/01/uk-londons-islamist-street-vigilantes-harass-gay-people-video/

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #64 - January 21, 2013, 01:51 PM

I think these vigilantes need to go to a Muslim country. It should be Haraam for them to be in a Non-Muslim Country
     Reply #65 - January 21, 2013, 01:56 PM

^How disgusting (the vid billy posted) Why isn't this in the news? I'm sure white gangs, or even Christian gangs for that matter, harassing Muslims or other minorities in the streets of London would make headlines and cause outrage. 

Has anyone else noticed how minority-on-minority bigotry is always swept under the rug or almost completely ignored, especially when Islam/Muslims are involved? 
     Reply #66 - January 21, 2013, 02:20 PM

There has actually been a lot of criticism of them from Muslims which is positive. I think you get thugs and yobs of every ethnicity. These fools simply play into the hands of groups like the EDL and other far-right people.

God is Love.

Reply #67 - January 21, 2013, 11:51 PM

I'm saddened to see a lack of reason among the people posting on this thread. The videos posted are no more interesting than ones showing chavs harassing passers by. We should not jump to conclusions just because the chavs in these videos happen to be Muslim. That, in my opinion, is irrelevant.

"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people Jeremy"  - Superhans
     Reply #68 - January 22, 2013, 12:02 AM

They are a tiny minority of extremist Muslims yet again trying to grab everyone's attention.  The same old Anjum Chowdary cronies.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #69 - January 22, 2013, 12:45 AM

I'm saddened to see a lack of reason among the people posting on this thread. The videos posted are no more interesting than ones showing chavs harassing passers by. We should not jump to conclusions just because the chavs in these videos happen to be Muslim. That, in my opinion, is irrelevant.

I was about to say you are entirely right, but I don't think you are quite.

Chavs they may be, but most chavs don't have an ideology and a cause. The frustration, alienation and lack of education may be the same; it's the cause that's the problem. See also: EDL.
     Reply #70 - January 22, 2013, 12:57 AM

If this "Muslim Patrol" crap happened in America, they would be shot by Civilians in 3 seconds. So thankful for the 2nd Amendment. Save us from the lunatics
     Reply #71 - January 22, 2013, 02:20 AM

Doesn't save you from the school-shooters lunatics. Or the movie-theater lunatics. Actually, it mainly provide you with a huge pool of gun-carrying lunatics.
     Reply #72 - January 22, 2013, 03:08 AM

If this "Muslim Patrol" crap happened in America, they would be shot by Civilians in 3 seconds. So thankful for the 2nd Amendment. Save us from the lunatics

should probably save the violence for defense from violence. Best plan of action would be to continously tell them to fuck off.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #73 - January 22, 2013, 07:40 AM

If it was up to me planes would be sent out daily from Western countries. Planes filled with these vile creatures. If they want Muslim area they can go back to their shitty places.

Deport them all. Even the ones who got citizenship.

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #74 - January 22, 2013, 08:01 AM

If it was up to me planes would be sent out daily from Western countries. Planes filled with these vile creatures. If they want Muslim area they can go back to their shitty places.

Don't worry, they'll send you with them. No need to feel left out.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #75 - January 22, 2013, 09:39 AM

Sorry mate but that is a sentiment that is more about anger than rationality

God is Love.

Reply #76 - January 22, 2013, 09:41 AM

Idiots will do idiotic things unfortunately...and sometimes animals seem more humane than humans.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #77 - January 22, 2013, 09:56 AM

Sorry mate but that is a sentiment that is more about anger than rationality

Nothing rational with having internal enemies in a free and democratic society. Read some (Karl) Popper, billy.

Both you and asbie know that rationally speaking: I am right.  grin12

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #78 - January 22, 2013, 10:05 AM

I'm afraid that rhetoric like that doesn't do any favours to the rational process at all.

God is Love.

Reply #79 - January 22, 2013, 11:46 PM

Is this not simply a case of making mountains out of a molehill? Even if accepting that this bullying is islamically-inspired, how many people are actually influenced by Anjem Choudary - I see no more than thirty of his followers usually when he is the news - yet they seem to attract the most attention. He is hardly the face/voice of Islam in the UK.

He/they deserves less attention, not more. I few acquaintances of the bearded/thobe type in my neck of the woods have been feeding the homeless(invariably white I suppose)in the city centre, once a week for the past few months -perhaps they should upload a video onto Youtube.

Though if I as first suggested it's all about nature of the person and the bullying is not islamically inspired then I have to logically say that my acquaintances charitable deeds are about their individual nature and not islamically inspired.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #80 - January 22, 2013, 11:51 PM

I was about to say you are entirely right, but I don't think you are quite.

Chavs they may be, but most chavs don't have an ideology and a cause. The frustration, alienation and lack of education may be the same; it's the cause that's the problem. See also: EDL.

Ideology or "cause" is irrelevant because the result is the same i.e they were harassing passers by. It does not make them worse than the "causeless" chav (though it can be argued even chavs have a "cause" which is to gain self esteem from harassing others). In sum, their faith should not come into the discussion, only their criminal behaviour.

"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people Jeremy"  - Superhans
     Reply #81 - January 23, 2013, 12:00 AM

^^

same question I was about to ask but sorta chickened out lol. Is islamically inspired homophobia wosre than other types of homophobia?

ETA - question still troubling me - I mean the chap who got called a fag, could have been called a fag by an ignorant of another stripe - the result is the same - the cause different.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #82 - January 23, 2013, 12:26 AM

Ideology or "cause" is irrelevant because the result is the same i.e they were harassing passers by. It does not make them worse than the "causeless" chav (though it can be argued even chavs have a "cause" which is to gain self esteem from harassing others). In sum, their faith should not come into the discussion, only their criminal behaviour.

Point taken.

Your use of the of the word 'faith' took me aback there. I suppose I've started thinking of Islam as an ideology rather than a faith. An odd, subconscious shift in my thinking.
     Reply #83 - January 23, 2013, 12:41 AM

It is presented as an ideology by Islamists. That is part of the problem.

God is Love.

Reply #84 - January 23, 2013, 12:45 AM

This news item made it to the beeb: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21153042

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #85 - January 23, 2013, 02:59 AM

^^

same question I was about to ask but sorta chickened out lol. Is islamically inspired homophobia wosre than other types of homophobia?

ETA - question still troubling me - I mean the chap who got called a fag, could have been called a fag by an ignorant of another stripe - the result is the same - the cause different.

Practically it's all the same but an argument can be advanced that maybe it's not as "malicious" as other non faith based forms of homophobia. The religious homophobe (sp?) has been, from birth, indoctrinated into a belief system where to not follow or to veer from the dictates of a very powerful being would mean eternal punishment of the worst kind. To make the supreme dictator happy and to "save" him/herself, they are forced into a situation (blackmailed, if you will) where they are commanded to hate certain groups of people (some more than others). Now of course the religious person has the agency to free his mind from the shackles but how many people, realistically, do that? Not many. Now contrast that with someone who hates gay people for the sake of it,  without such grand threat/blackmail as the religious people. Not a strong argument, but still valid, I think.

Ps: I'm aware that  I've made some assumptions in my example above, so please feel free to not be pedantic.

Reply #86 - January 23, 2013, 07:03 PM

This news item made it to the beeb: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21153042

Was also in the telegraph I believe. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9818163/Muslim-Patrol-thugs-abuse-man-in-second-vigilante-video.html
     Reply #87 - January 24, 2013, 08:09 PM

I live in a small town in the Northwest called Burnley. I can tell you this is nothing new, youngsters here go around on weekend night "patrolling" the streets, standing outside pubs threatening the locals. This has nothing to do with Islam, little young thugs use Islam as an excuse to bully people.
     Reply #88 - January 24, 2013, 08:18 PM

I might agree with you that the likes of these sorts would resort to thugging regardless of their faith, to say that it has nothing to do with Islam is a stretch. Racism might not be the only thing that drives youth into Neo-Nazi groups, but we can't take it completely out of the equation.
     Reply #89 - January 24, 2013, 08:21 PM

Perhaps it has nothing literal to do with Islam, but lets be a little bit real here, the motherland of Islam uses the same if not worse tactics, they bully people on the streets, smack women for showing hair, harrass men for not having perfect beards.

I agree, it's a thug life, but Islam is the ideology of these particular thugs.

I also think that counts for something, indeed you can get arrested and charged for racially motivated abuse, it's not just called abuse.

Theirs is Kaffir motivated abuse.  So yea, maybe nothing you can find to 100% prove Islam is cool with treating people these way, whether they have versions of it in the motherland or not, but racism/kaffirism is still the motivation here.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »