Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Master list / searchable website of references for debunking Muslim claims

(Read 2926 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Master list / searchable website of references for debunking Muslim claims
     OP - December 21, 2012, 04:49 PM

So recently I have been creating a table of hadith references so that i can easily find stuff to debunk Muslim claims whilst minimizing the ammount of work involved.

So when a Muslim will make a claim like "Muhammad never owned slaves", instead of scouring the internet trying to find a hadith about that, I can just refer straight to my table and find the hadith I need (that says he owned slaves) and the web link to the hadith that I have saved.

Do other people have such lists? If so, how about we combine all of our lists into a single, categorised master table? Also, if there is a need, how about a searchable website of searchable hadiths, quran lines, etc. especially designed for quickly debunking Muslim claims.

These are the kinds of categories the searchable database should have:

-Scientific Errors
    -Slavery
    -Sex with Slaves
    -Muhammad owned slaves
    -Rape
    -Misogyny
    -Wife beating
    -Changes to Quran / lost suras
    -etc.

I would not mind working on building an actual searchable website, along with a way for users to add their own entries into it (either a select set of admins, or anyone from the public, or anyone from the public but have their entries first approved by a set of admins).

But first I wanted to hear if you guys think that would be a valuable resource. Sunnah.com already has searchable hadiths, but this would be more focused on debunking specific claims, it sometimes takes a while to find exactly what you are looking for on Sunnah.com. For example, if you want to find a hadith about Muhammad owning slaves, you would have to search by the word 'slaves', but it can then take a hell of a long time to find the specific hadith you need about Muhammad owning them.

So what do you guys think? Is it worth the effort to build a site like that? Or do you think google search works fine in finding what you need quickly?
     Reply #1 - December 21, 2012, 05:13 PM

But first I wanted to hear if you guys think that would be a valuable resource.

Yes I reckon it would be.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #2 - December 21, 2012, 06:25 PM

Yup, good idea. There's a few websites run by Christians that have at least compiled hadith on certain topics together. That might be a good starting point.
     Reply #3 - December 21, 2012, 07:03 PM

We can easily add custom pages to the forum, or to the Wiki (which seriously needs some love in the presentation department).
    But yes, it's a good idea. I'd be inclined to limit the list to the sahih ones, though. You'd probably also want separate lists for Shia and Sunni.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #4 - December 21, 2012, 07:44 PM

WikiIslam.net is one such project already existing. It would be great to have another resource. And yeah we can run it off our own wiki here, or if you want to set up an independent site, Tony, that's up to you. Afro

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #5 - December 21, 2012, 07:55 PM

WikiIslam.net is one such project already existing.

I thought I heard someone say the website was islamophobic like jihadwatch and FFI Huh?

BTW Klingschor is planning on building a similiar website so you might want to talk to him first.

Klingschor's Website Ideas

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #6 - December 21, 2012, 07:57 PM

Would be good to co-ordinate these kinds of things

God is Love.

• Re: Master list / searchable website of references for debunking Muslim claims
     Reply #7 - December 21, 2012, 08:02 PM

I thought I heard someone say the website was islamophobic like jihadwatch and FFI Huh?

AFAIK it was started by people from FFI. BUT, I have found it to be generally pretty okay, not "Islamophobic" unless one counts any critical scrutiny of Islam as that.

It is actually full of exact, precise sources from Quran and Hadiths for any number of issues/excuses that can be easily countered by just searching for those sources outside of that site, if one so chooses.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #8 - December 21, 2012, 08:03 PM

Would be good to co-ordinate these kinds of things

Radical notion you have there.

And IMO WikiIslam is slightly dodgey, but from what I have seen a lot of it is accurate.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #9 - December 21, 2012, 08:11 PM

AFAIK it was started by people from FFI. BUT, I have found it to be generally pretty okay, not "Islamophobic" unless one counts any critical scrutiny of Islam as that.

It is actually full of exact, precise sources from Quran and Hadiths for any number of issues/excuses that can be easily countered by just searching for those sources outside of that site, if one so chooses.

That is exactly what I have found too

God is Love.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »