Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Reason why muslims might be convinced their religion is true

(Read 2006 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Reason why muslims might be convinced their religion is true
     OP - December 20, 2012, 11:35 PM

Hi, I used to be a muslim until i was about 23, when i started to think for myself and questioned certain aspects of Islam, which eventually led me into leaving that man-made faith. Just wanted to point out what I've noticed. When I talk with muslim people and try to debate with them on certain issues like the strange hadiths supposedly describing what the prophet did in his life time or the discrepancies or human error in the quran and such, I noticed some would really be suprised and start looking up the answer.

So there is always another more deluded religious person who has already set up websites and blogs that would validate the Muslim dogma. Pages like the 'miraclesofthequran.com' one talking about the.. mircales of Islam...

Now i was talking to a muslim who kept telling me if Mohammed wasn't a prophet with divine knowledge how did he know about the 7 heavens, on which i replied that mohammed certainly didn't mean the troposphere, stratosphere..etc but another type of 7 heavens, it is even said at one point i think in the quran that muhammed was the only one allowed to go to the 7th heaven... so does that mean he went to the Exosphere? anyway I wanted to know what you think about those 'mircales' especially the 7 layers one.
     Reply #1 - December 21, 2012, 03:37 AM

Tell him to watch this - a ten minute comprehensive debunking of science in Quran claims

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XLg-SRGMNk

Welcome btw Smiley

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

Reply #2 - December 21, 2012, 10:45 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum

Hopefully the contributions of people like you on forums like this can help to change the scenario you describe  Smiley

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #3 - December 21, 2012, 11:18 AM

7 heavens is one of the more obvious retelling of old astrological based creation myths.
    There are 7 heavens in the talmud, and in Hinduism.
    People could observe 5 planets, plus the sun and the moon. These 7 objects (which doesnt even include earth) are known as the 'classical planets', and each one was assumed to occupy a 'heaven;.

Seven classical planets has been such a ubiquitous belief that the names of the 7 days of the week originate from it.

Reply #4 - December 22, 2012, 01:14 AM

thanks for the kind welcome  Afro I'll try to look up more of these debunking videos, they will come in handy when confronting muslim apologists Smiley
     Reply #5 - December 22, 2012, 12:32 PM

parrot

Is there a need for a more general introduction to religions and how and why humans invented and developed them?

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn22585-prehistoric-cinema-a-silver-screen-on-the-cave-wall.html?

For example, we have always loved getting high and multimedia (link needs subscription)

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn22585-prehistoric-cinema-a-silver-screen-on-the-cave-wall.html?

Over the past few years, a small number of prehistorians have claimed that cave dwellers pioneered a sort of show business. According to their analyses, our ancestors told intricate stories with their paintings, using visual trickery, 3D special effects and a form of shadow puppetry to bring their narratives to life. More impressive still, they may even have invented animation, using discs of bone to create the illusion of motion, much like a modern flip book.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #6 - December 22, 2012, 01:49 PM

I think the number 7 gives it away, don't you ? lol
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »