Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Upcoming movies

(Read 63774 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #240 - May 04, 2015, 07:48 PM

I watched Age of Ultron. I thought it had some great moments, but was rather average as a film. Disappointed overall.

Agreed. It was just lacking that "something" from Avengers
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #241 - May 04, 2015, 08:56 PM

What didn't you like? AOU was awesome. Much better than the original. Better action, better story and better dialogue. You have to realise Whedon cut an 1hr out because the studio and cinemas said that 2 1/2hours is long enough. There was a lot in there and great subtleties. I've seen it 3 times and recommend a second viewing.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #242 - May 04, 2015, 09:10 PM

Really? I look forward to seeing the uncut edition.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #243 - May 05, 2015, 08:47 PM

I cant wait for the Directors Cut either! It's something Whedon was upset with apparently.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #244 - May 06, 2015, 02:02 PM

What didn't you like? AOU was awesome. Much better than the original. Better action, better story and better dialogue. You have to realise Whedon cut an 1hr out because the studio and cinemas said that 2 1/2hours is long enough. There was a lot in there and great subtleties. I've seen it 3 times and recommend a second viewing.

Ultron is stripped of the personality from the comics. The suddenly leap "kill all humans" is just that, too sudden. We see the same rehashed hero inner conflict from Avengers, Thor 2 and Ironman 3. Yes Tony has issues, we get it. We see the same villain and massive army concept from Avengers. The same central villain followed by incompetent or inconsequential lackeys which only foreshadows a grand villain which has the same flawed lackey's as his puppets. I would of liked to see the rise of the standard rival villain group. I do not think this will happen in the Avenger's universe with it's the branching single hero focused setup movies do nothing to suggest anything but a grand villain vs "us" showdown. Maybe the X-Men remakes will keep the concept of group vs group going.

I did enjoy the movie. I just have issues with the writing and direction the series as a grand story arc.
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #245 - May 06, 2015, 03:31 PM

"Prophet of Islam - the story of Mohammad"
    As told through the eyes of himself to encourage the believers to come and see too.
    Okay so not really but it might work. In this pivotal time the world could really use a decent Mo story flick to help clear up confusion or get people to ask questions, it's relevant now so more than ever.
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #246 - May 06, 2015, 11:55 PM

The Last Prophet does just that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGxVWDLO87I

Plus I think there are some films in the work right now with the same aim.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #247 - May 07, 2015, 12:05 AM

Was hoping for something non animation, still this talk of potentially other 'Mo' movies in the making has whet my appetite, must look into this and thanks for following my post up. Afro
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #248 - May 07, 2015, 12:13 AM

Out of curiosity, why is it more relevant now than ever before?

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #249 - May 07, 2015, 12:38 AM

Today Islam related topics are constantly headline news- there's a lot of fear and misunderstanding out there. I'd hazard a guess that many muslims and converts are hazy on even the 'conventional' details of Mo's life.
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #250 - May 12, 2015, 05:41 PM

Speaking of mental health issues - The Sentry! THe one superhero that can truly calm the Hulk down (screw you Black Widow!)

Anyway, there are rumours that Ant Man will have tie-in to Civil War. Perhaps a Spidey cameo.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #251 - May 12, 2015, 05:50 PM

Is it just a cameo? I heard after the Sony deal they did quite a few rewrites to fit him in, though it'll probably be a miner role. Personally I'm hanging on to what you said about the last Avengers having an hour missing. I feel like I'm still waiting to see this movie.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #252 - May 12, 2015, 06:02 PM

Did you see it?

Yeah I can't wait for the Directors Cut as I feel alot of was rushed.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Joss-Whedon-First-Cut-Avengers-Age-Ultron-Was-Way-Longer-70850.html

Well, Civil War is my favourite comic book arc and Spiderman plays a prominent role. It'd be silly just to have himw *swing* in without a proper introduction the universe. That's why I think that *RUMOUR* he'll be introduced in Ant-Man. AM is too much of a risk as he's not a hot property. Some fans but not compared to the mainevents like Thor, Hulk etc. Are you a fan?

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #253 - May 12, 2015, 06:15 PM

Of Ant-Man? I never used to be as I found the character (Hank Pym) pretty one dimensional but I'm quite intrigued by the development he's gone through in recent years. Course, this isn't Hank Pym Ant-Man and I'm less familiar with the Scott Lang character. I'd be amused to see an on screen portrayal of Eric O'Grady, but they'd probably tone down his perversion, immoral attitude and behaviour. Shame he was eventually beaten to death.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #254 - May 13, 2015, 04:53 PM

In honour of Fury Road I'm going to watch Mad Max double bill - the two original movies. What a great way to end exam season (for me anyway!)

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #255 - May 13, 2015, 06:00 PM

Can't wait for the movie either. Post-nuclear/apocalyptic films have always a favorite of mine. No Tina Dome? Two men enter, one man leaves

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #256 - May 13, 2015, 10:29 PM

Wow - what a retro experience! I loved it. Wonderful.

Bogart - there was no Thuderdome. Is it worth seeing?

Watching Fury Road on Friday! Can't wait! Love it....

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #257 - May 15, 2015, 06:54 PM

Watched Fury Road! Let's just say there's no point in watching action films any more. Everything else will be dull in comparison.
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #258 - May 15, 2015, 07:32 PM

Wherever you look:

MadMax Fury Road 5/5 or 10/10.

Is it worth watching in 3D?  cool2

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #259 - August 11, 2015, 07:39 PM

bunny

Love the x gonna give it to you because it reminds me of other good fights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyKWUTwSYAs

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #260 - August 12, 2015, 12:17 AM

That looks pretty badass! Has anyone seen Ant Man? Is worth it?
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #261 - August 12, 2015, 07:32 AM

Deadpool is one of the few comics that makes me actually laugh out loud in public.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #262 - September 11, 2015, 02:53 PM

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!

Buffy/Angel (mostly Angel) connection in Avengers: Age of Ultron. In Thor's vision of Asgard we have the Wolf, the Ram and the Hart.

If I get to eventually see Blade fighting Spike and Captain America fighting Angel on the big screen I will die happy.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Avengers-Age-Ultron-Contains-Hidden-Buffy-Vampire-Slayer-Reference-81887.html

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #263 - January 06, 2016, 04:00 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIM1HydF9UA

It's coming...

001_wub

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #264 - April 22, 2018, 09:21 PM

Wow. Two+ years since this thread was last updated, and I am in three days seeing the midnight showing of Avengers: Infinity War, and Deadpool 2 soon after.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #265 - April 28, 2018, 01:29 AM

^
    Infinity War was a typically lightweight film, even though the biggest baddest villain in the universe arrived. Many of the characters came across as extended cameos given the sheer number of them in one film.
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #266 - April 28, 2018, 02:26 AM

I quite enjoyed it. I was very pleased we saw the return/fate of the Red Skull. Captain America was quite striking, having ripped off his American flag (as the symbol of what America can/should be, I always quite enjoyed when he either quit being Captain America or wrapped himself in the American flag and opposed the US government, to showcase a moral stand). The only thing that annoyed me was that there was no Death. The whole point of Thanos wiping out half the universe in the comics was as a tribute to Death (a tribute he only truly started after murdering his own mother, then slaughtering his children). Come on, the worship and desire to be the husband/consort of Mistress Death is part and parcel of the whole mythology. I can only hope the golden skinned aliens in the last guardians of the galaxy end credits really did create Adam Warlock, a character so intrinsic to the Infinity gems and the entire Thanos mythology. I'm also holding out hope for the sociopathic eternal Eros, brother of Thanos. He had some sweet stories and interactions with his god brother.

I fucking loved the story of how Thanos' mother tried to murder him as soon as he was born. How she looked into his eyes and saw the deaths of galaxies. I want to see that in part two. Also his brother. Eros/Starfox is much more interesting in a way. How a sociopath learns to play the role most suited for him to get what he wants. His brother is far more honest. There is no lies. There is no deception. There is only Thanos.

Jim Starlin, the creator of Thanos, published a new book before he left Marvel. It was supposed to be the first in a new Thanos trilogy, but sadly this was not to be.

I mean, it could still happen, but the bloke's 68 as I type this. He may not live long enough to release the final two, so for now we have to console ourselves with the first (and possibly only) part of the new trilogy. Thanos: The Infinity Siblings.

I enjoyed reading it.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #267 - November 02, 2019, 11:48 PM

Official Secrets -  I just watched this and wasn’t expecting much, but it was actually very good.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V3vIYy38Fys
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #268 - November 10, 2019, 10:42 PM

Hala - On Apple TV so I’m not sure who will actually see this.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QBAkWPB_PVw
    Thread: https://mobile.twitter.com/aliamjadrizvi/status/1192434174562643968
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-M32dvnw8O4&time_continue=29&feature=emb_title
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9« Previous thread | Next thread »