Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Upcoming movies

(Read 63780 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 89 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #210 - March 08, 2015, 11:27 AM

Film version of Beauty and the beast with Emma Watson, I'm forever a kid.
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #211 - April 16, 2015, 06:29 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

I nearly cried at the end.
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #212 - April 16, 2015, 06:47 PM

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!

Chewie we're home!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #213 - April 20, 2015, 08:43 PM

Saw this.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #214 - April 21, 2015, 05:34 AM

I know he will fuck this up... Cry

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #215 - April 21, 2015, 06:35 AM

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Official Teaser Trailer #1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe1LrMqURuw

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #216 - April 21, 2015, 09:35 AM

What I don't get is, they just threw Batman in there without thinking it through. Ok, they did a reboot on Superman. Awesome. The first movie was great. Actually the only Superman movie I liked. But then enters Batman. They didn't do a reboot on him (thank goodness!), so we have no insight into his story or anything in this universe. Or was Affleck supposed to replace Bale and the trilogy is part of the story (if that's what it is, that's even worse!). It just seems rushed. It's like they just wanted to compete with Marvel just for the sake of it... they're a bit late on that...

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #217 - April 21, 2015, 10:26 AM

Do we need an origin so soon after the last Batman trilogy? Parents murdered, swears war on crime, inherits billions, has an English butler. Every man and his dog know the story. Rather than seeing that all over again I'd be happy if they simply did a few flashbacks establishing the details on this incarnation of Batman. And honestly it's not being rushed, they're taking their time with it. It isn't that big of a stretch in a world with a flying god-like alien there's a city with a high rate of crime and corruption with a fed up vigilante dressed like a bat. Personally I'm holding judgement until I see it, but I can't say I'm not interested in the story, particularly as it draws on the classic The Dark Knight Returns, which had an older Batman come out of retirement and take on Superman and is widely considered a classic. If done right, this has the potential to be an amazing movie, and as they are taking their time, I have hope. And I have to admit smiling seeing the battle armour straight from the comic.

Obviously this is being done to compete with Marvel but that doesn't automatically mean it's doomed to fail. I'm quite looking forward to the Suicide Squad film, especially seeing the portrayal of a post Heath Ledger Joker and how a character like that can still be a threat in a world of supermen, wonder women, green lanterns etc.

"I want you to remember, Clark. In all the years to come. In your most private moments. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

The Dark Knight Returns as a source with the budget this movie has behind it? I'm optimistic. dance

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #218 - April 21, 2015, 11:02 AM

I fucking love The Dark Knight Returns. I remember that single line gave me goose bumps. It encompasses everything I love about Batman.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #219 - April 21, 2015, 12:34 PM

We so need to hang out.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #220 - April 21, 2015, 11:58 PM

I fucking love The Dark Knight Returns. I remember that single line gave me goose bumps. It encompasses everything I love about Batman.

Ledger made that movie what it is. He created dialogue which was lacking in the 1st and 3rd movie even when he was not on screen.
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #221 - April 22, 2015, 12:00 AM

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #222 - April 22, 2015, 05:37 AM

Ledger made that movie what it is. He created dialogue which was lacking in the 1st and 3rd movie even when he was not on screen.

The comic, not the movie. Grin

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #223 - April 22, 2015, 07:20 AM

They did do a two part animation of The Dark Knight Returns which was very good  Afro Good for those who don't read comics to get into what we're talking about Tongue

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #224 - April 22, 2015, 07:21 AM

Eh, they missed out some of the cooler parts.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #225 - April 22, 2015, 07:22 AM

They always do. When you have it on print, it is always better.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #226 - April 22, 2015, 07:58 AM

But you have to admit Batfleck looks absolute beast. 'Dem muscles.
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #227 - April 22, 2015, 08:09 AM

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #228 - April 22, 2015, 11:08 AM

A lot of it i s probably more bat-suit than actual muscles.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #229 - April 22, 2015, 11:23 AM

According to shitty Electra (Ben's wife), it's all or mostly real.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #230 - April 23, 2015, 12:55 PM

I watched Age of Ultron. I thought it had some great moments, but was rather average as a film. Disappointed overall.
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #231 - April 23, 2015, 05:13 PM

Watching it on Saturday can't wait!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #232 - April 25, 2015, 04:17 PM

I love this Joker. This is the true to form super-crazy and unpredictable Joker I've been waiting for:

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #233 - April 25, 2015, 04:25 PM

Interesting. As Batman vs Superman is going to be drawing so much on The Dark Knight Returns, I wonder if the Suicide Squad will be drawing on the All Star Joker as the All Star series was widely considered the prequel to DKR?

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #234 - April 25, 2015, 05:03 PM

I don't understand the hate that Jared received for the new vision.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #235 - April 25, 2015, 05:12 PM

Haters gunna hate. Heath Ledger received so much abuse until people saw the film.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #236 - April 25, 2015, 05:22 PM

I am one fo the people who thinks that the Joker was overrated. I hate the conversation he has with Batman and says the two have a lot in common and are alike. Of course there are different iterations of Batman but I love the crazy psycopathic Joker from Arkham Asylum and Red Hood series. The Joker from TDK appeares tame compared to those Jokers. It also seems that the Joker goes supercrazy when with Harlequin. I can't wait till we see her in Suicde Squad - she's amazing! A cult hit.

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #237 - April 25, 2015, 09:51 PM

Just seen Avengers 2: Age of Ultron. Loved it.  Afro

Captain America: Civil War is going be to be amazing!!!! dance

• Upcoming movies
     Reply #238 - April 26, 2015, 08:11 AM

I felt it was too inconsequential. I was expecting Stark and Cap to be at odds by the end. I also think the trailers had it pegged as a darker offering than the first, but the jokes just kept coming (most of them were funny) and killed all the tension. Lastly, I felt Ultron wasn't as menacing as the trailers depicted. He was defeated rather easily.

Still enjoyed it thoroughly. I would give it 7/10. I think Civil War will be better.
  • Upcoming movies
     Reply #239 - April 26, 2015, 08:20 AM

SPOILER F'IN ALERT:

I know what you mean. My dissapointments are:

Ultron had a dry wit about him which made him appear less menacing. He was a rootic Tony Stark. I don' think his motives were expressed clearly enough either.

When Quicksilver dies they cut the moment with some jokes and I thought when Quicksilver said 'you didn't see me coming wasn't really necessary'.

I wanted Cap and Iron Man to be bitter enemies at the end but they amde up.

I was so hoping for the Hulk to go beserk and start killing civillians thus setting up 'Planet Hulk' and World War Hulk'.

Despite this Avengers 2 far surpasses the original Avengers. The writing, on the whole, was fast paced and humorous. It was constantly on the ball and the action sequences were superb. I think Hawkeye and Black Widow were handled very well and I've fallen in love with the Scarlet Witch. The Civil War looks to be amazing with the New Avengers entering into the mix. How can I not mention 'Wakanda' and the potential for the Black Panther to get involved.

I loved it. 9/10.

• Previous page 1 ... 6 7 89 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »