Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: EDL website hacked

(Read 3176 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • EDL website hacked
     OP - November 13, 2012, 02:53 PM

LAWL

http://englishdefenceleague.org/

Source

Hacktivists claim to have hacked and defaced the website of the far-right group English Defence League.

The englishdefenceleague.org site remains unreachable on Monday morning following a claimed assault by ZHC (ZCompany Hacking Crew). The Pakistani hacking crew claims to have gained access to Gmail accounts owned by EDL administrators before using donated funds to book expensive hotel rooms. Screenshots posted to substantiate this claim are inconclusive.

The defacement (archives by defacement mirror zone-h.org here) lambasts the EDL for its militant Islamaphobia and racism. Defenceleagueclothing.co.uk was defaced with the same message. Both sites run Apache on Linux. It's unclear how they were hacked.

ZHC, which accuses leaders of the organisation of using donations for their own personal benefit, also claims to have deleted the EDL's Facebook page. There are several EDL pages on Facebook and one of main ones, with more than 37,000 members, appeared to be working as normal on Monday morning.

A Zcompany Hacking Crew News page on Facebook boasted on Friday: "We told you EDL we will hack your facebook page we did it. We told you we will hack your website, we have done it today. EDL official website englishdefenceleague.org hacked and defaced. Expect more Wink"

The hackers threatened that "details of supporters and donors of EDL will be made public soon", cyberwarnews.info reports.

ZHC's manifesto against the EDL can be found on YouTube here. The attack fits the pattern of ZHC's previous attacks, which have included hundreds of defacements, many semi-automated.

The weekend's activities are not the first time the EDL website has been targeted by the controversial organisation's political opponents. Last year its forum was hacked by TeaMp0isoN, another hacktivist crew. The incident resulted in the alleged theft of the group's membership list, which TeaMp0isoN claimed was a result of its hack attack on EDL's website. ®

Started from the bottom, now I'm here
    Started from the bottom, now my whole extended family's here

JOIN THE CHAT
  • Re: EDL website hacked
     Reply #1 - November 13, 2012, 03:15 PM

Meh, they aren't worth the effort IMO.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #2 - November 13, 2012, 03:56 PM

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #3 - November 13, 2012, 05:49 PM

ZHC are a gang of Pakistani Jihadists, no different than some elements of the EDL, who cares, as long as they dont harass me as I am also a member of that forum
     Reply #4 - November 13, 2012, 08:37 PM

script kiddies.
     Reply #5 - November 13, 2012, 08:52 PM

I can't condone this - it's akin to censorship. Let there be a free and open exchange of ideas. You don't need to vandalise the EDL's website to make them look stupid - they do a fine job of that themselves every time they open their mouths. Roll Eyes
     Reply #6 - November 13, 2012, 09:20 PM

It's back up now. That moment of glory didn't last long Grin

Started from the bottom, now I'm here
    Started from the bottom, now my whole extended family's here

JOIN THE CHAT
     Reply #7 - November 13, 2012, 10:23 PM

"That moment of glory didn't last long" < This will be the EDL's epitaph in the annals of history. parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #8 - November 14, 2012, 06:34 AM

I'm surprised they know how to operate computers. I can just imagine a dumbfuck EDL douche typing slowly with one finger and saying the letters out loud.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #9 - November 14, 2012, 07:26 AM

I cried  Cheesy

Seriously though the magic of moron friendly UI's is staggering.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

Reply #10 - November 15, 2012, 10:25 AM

The EDL are actually not that bad. I know a few, I've spoken to them. But it could have all just been an act, its not like they would have admitted they hated pakis to my face when am in their flat drinking with them.
     Reply #11 - November 15, 2012, 10:27 AM

Youtube would suggest otherwise.

Oh, and I hung out on their forum for a while back in late 2009, there are a few semi-reasonable people in the EDL, but that doesn't make the EDL as a whole 'not that bad'-the leaders are vile charlatans and racists, and it usually attracts violent anti-socials and racists.

Reply #12 - November 15, 2012, 10:45 AM

Youtube would suggest otherwise.

Oh, and I hung out on their forum for a while back in late 2009, there are a few semi-reasonable people in the EDL, but that doesn't make the EDL as a whole 'not that bad'-the leaders are vile charlatans and racists, and it usually attracts violent anti-socials and racists.

Yeah I know what your saying, but I've met been to this guys flat about 8 or 9 times, been drinking with them stopping over etc, and they've seemed pretty reasonable. In fact my friend introduced me to them, I used to sit in the car with my friend while he was in there bagging up, after a few times they trusted me and eventually invited me in.
     Reply #13 - December 01, 2012, 12:52 AM

At last some one can see that we are not all bad people, thank you.

Arthur.
     Reply #14 - December 01, 2012, 02:06 AM

The EDL are actually not that bad. I know a few, I've spoken to them. But it could have all just been an act, its not like they would have admitted they hated pakis to my face when am in their flat drinking with them.

No law abiding citizen has to be afraid of EDL. They are not sending suicide bombers to any Muslim country to kill innocent people. On the contrary, the Muslim fanatics are ready to kill non-Muslims and Muslims who do not espouse their views. I can share a drink with a member of EDL but I cannot even share a glass of water with a fanatical Muslim.

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    Entire World is One Family
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
     Reply #15 - December 01, 2012, 08:53 AM

Really? No law abiding citizen?

I've seen them beat ordinary muslims up in the street. Oh, maybe you meant, 'no law abiding non-muslim citizen'.

Reply #16 - December 01, 2012, 08:56 AM

Or "no law-abiding citizen who looks a bit not white".

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #17 - December 01, 2012, 09:01 AM

'But they have one black member and one Asian member, they aren't racist'  Cheesy

Reply #18 - December 02, 2012, 11:00 AM

No law abiding citizen has to be afraid of EDL. They are not sending suicide bombers to any Muslim country to kill innocent people. On the contrary, the Muslim fanatics are ready to kill non-Muslims and Muslims who do not espouse their views. I can share a drink with a member of EDL but I cannot even share a glass of water with a fanatical Muslim.

Let me just add that the guys I met
    At last some one can see that we are not all bad people, thank you.

Arthur.

Let me just say, I was specifically talking about the guys I met, not the EDL in general from what I've seen and heard of the majority of the EDL members they definitely don't seem like reasonable men and women, they seem like football hooligans and chavs.
     Reply #19 - December 02, 2012, 11:42 AM

No law abiding citizen has to be afraid of EDL. They are not sending suicide bombers to any Muslim country to kill innocent people.

Stupidity is not a crime, but its still stupidity. whistling2

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #20 - December 02, 2012, 12:20 PM

No law abiding citizen has to be afraid of EDL

Unless you're somebody who is walking past one of their demonstrations who 'looks' Muslim.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #21 - December 02, 2012, 12:23 PM

"Oy! Dats a bloody Muzzie! A Moo-Ham-Head worshipper. Get the rayguns!"  Tongue

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #22 - December 02, 2012, 01:44 PM

That sentence is too well-formed and coherant to come from an EDL member, it should be more slurred and disconnected.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »